I've been a vegetarian for two days.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: I've been a vegetarian for two days.

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:So .. Eating meat, apparently of any kind.. in any amount = heart disease?
I never said that.
Well what the fuck did you say? You never seem to say anything. Try explaining your position a bit more. Oh wait.. That will never happen.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:Well what the fuck did you say?
Heart disease is the leading cause of death.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: Humans predate fire and tools. Unless they were slaughtering animals with their bare hands and eating them like a cheetah eats a gazelle, they were foraging like a druid.
Ever hear of scavenging meat form other predator's kills? Probably not. You'll learn about that your next year in college.

Go back to not using tools or fire. Let me know how that works out for you. Tool is a good nickname for Spang. Tools made humans evil. Well...tools and leather shoes.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Well what the fuck did you say?
And.. How does it relate to a eating meat? That's for the newsflash though. I wouldn't have guessed.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:And.. How does it relate to a eating meat?
Are you really not familiar with the correlation between eating meat and heart disease?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

A balanced diet of various meats and whatnot will not cause heart disease. Genetic disposition and unbalanced diets can attribute to heart disease.

Scare tactics do not work on people who enjoy food and life. Enjoy your faux-soy latte and soy bits shaped like chicken parts. Let's see those straw shoes, too!

Also, I bet you whimper when you are about to be hit.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Do you actually read the shit you post? Because it makes no sense.
Spang wrote:
pyrella wrote:Also - more adverse affects on the human body from 'edible' plants vs. edible meat - no comment?
Aslanna wrote:
Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:So .. Eating meat, apparently of any kind.. in any amount = heart disease?
I never said that.
Well what the fuck did you say? You never seem to say anything. Try explaining your position a bit more. Oh wait.. That will never happen.
Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:And.. How does it relate to a eating meat?
Are you really not familiar with the correlation between eating meat and heart disease?
Troll.

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Spang wrote:Are you really not familiar with the correlation between eating meat and heart disease?
There is a correlation between heart disease and saturated fat.
Two of the highest sources of saturated fat are Coconut Oil and Butter.. both of which are not meat.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:Are you really not familiar with the correlation between eating meat and heart disease?
Pork products killed off two generations of my Mom's family more or less, all descendents of Alabama farmers who kept up that diet after they were no longer working off all the nasty crap they ate every day.

In moderation meat consumtion isn't bad for you. All the pre-proccessed crap in the store is though. One of the wife's diet books gave the advice "limit your consumtion of foods from the middle of the store".
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Spang wrote:
I never said that.
yes you did
Sajko
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sajko »

Spang wrote:
pyrella wrote:Oh and all the 'our ancestors weren't meat eaters' arguments - yeah, spears and arrowheads are used for capturing the elusive wooly rutabega, I'm sure.
Humans predate fire and tools. Unless they were slaughtering animals with their bare hands and eating them like a cheetah eats a gazelle, they were foraging like a druid.
Uhm, we were. You know how humans sweat? Animals don't do that. That means humans can outrun pretty much any animal on the planet when it comes to long distance. Before tools were invented (by humans!) our method of hunting was to run.

EDIT: Or were you talking about the times before humans invented running?
High Chancellor of Burundi for Bleached Fish, Busty Blondes and the Word \"Bork\"
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

miir wrote:
There is a correlation between heart disease and saturated fat.
Two of the highest sources of saturated fat are Coconut Oil and Butter.. both of which are not meat.
Meat is a great source of saturated fat. Also, in addition to heart disease, there's a correlation between eating meat and cancer as well, the second leading cause of death.
Cancer Facts - Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

The World Health Organization has determined that dietary factors account for at least 30 percent of all cancers in Western countries and up to 20 percent in developing countries. When cancer researchers started to search for links between diet and cancer, one of the most noticeable findings was that people who avoided meat were much less likely to develop the disease. Large studies in England and Germany showed that vegetarians were about 40 percent less likely to develop cancer compared to meat eaters.1-3 In the United States, researchers studied Seventh-day Adventists, a religious group that is remarkable because, although nearly all members avoid tobacco and alcohol and follow generally healthful lifestyles, about half of the Adventist population is vegetarian, while the other half consumes modest amounts of meat. This fact allowed scientists to separate the effects of eating meat from other factors. Overall, these studies showed significant reductions in cancer risk among those who avoided meat.4 In contrast, Harvard studies showed that daily meat eaters have approximately three times the colon cancer risk, compared to those who rarely eat meat.

A number of hypotheses have been advanced to explain the connection between meat consumption and cancer risk. First, meat is devoid of fiber and other nutrients that have a protective effect. Meat also contains animal protein, saturated fat, and, in some cases, carcinogenic compounds such as heterocyclic amines (HCA) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) formed during the processing or cooking of meat. HCAs, formed as meat is cooked at high temperatures, and PAHs, formed during the burning of organic substances, are believed to increase cancer risk. In addition, the high fat content of meat and other animal products increases hormone production, thus increasing the risk of hormone-related cancers such as breast and prostate cancer.

In 1997, the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) published a review of the major studies on food, nutrition, and cancer prevention. For cancers of the breast, prostate, kidney, and pancreas, it was determined that red meat (beef, pork, or lamb) consumption possibly increased cancer risk. For colorectal cancer, a review of the literature determined that red meat probably increased cancer risk and that processed meat, saturated/animal fat, and heavily cooked meat possibly increased risk.5

[...]

Two themes consistently emerge from studies of cancer from many sites: vegetables and fruits help to reduce risk, while meat, animal products, and other fatty foods are frequently found to increase risk. Consumption of dietary fat drives production of hormones, which, in turn, promotes growth of cancer cells in hormone-sensitive organs such as the breast and prostate. Meat is devoid of the protective effects of fiber, antioxidants, phytochemicals, and other helpful nutrients, and it contains high concentrations of saturated fat and potentially carcinogenic compounds, which may increase one’s risk of developing many different kinds of cancer.

Vegetarian diets and diets rich in high-fiber plant foods such as whole grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruits offer a measure of protection.5 Fiber greatly speeds the passage of food through the colon, effectively removing carcinogens, and fiber actually changes the type of bacteria that is present in the intestine, so there is reduced production of carcinogenic secondary bile acids. Plant foods are also naturally low in fat and rich in antioxidants and other anti-cancer compounds. Not surprisingly, vegetarians are at the lowest risk for cancer and have a significantly reduced risk compared to meat-eaters.33

[...]
The Source
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Everything causes cancer. Tofu is thought to increase thyroid and breast cancer.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

No argument that a western diet contributes to cancers\death.

Our bodies evolved to run until we were just past reproduction age, continuation of the speceis & all. Just like every other critter.

Notice when people really start to break down while keeping in mind without modern medicine the bulk of us wouldn't have lived long enough top be here today. A spike in evolutions' wheel.

The "design life" of our bodies is going to take a long time to catch up to modern conditions, of course that would be assuming that natural selection for longevity were at play, which it isn't.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Spang wrote:Meat is a great source of saturated fat. Also, in addition to heart disease, there's a correlation between eating meat and cancer as well, the second leading cause of death.
There's a correlation between vegetables and e-coli
E-coli is a good source of death.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Lynks wrote:Everything causes cancer. Tofu is thought to increase thyroid and breast cancer.
Tofu is a good source of female hormones.
Maybe that's why vegetarians are so bitchy and irrational.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

miir wrote:Maybe that's why vegetarians are so bitchy and irrational.
:D
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

miir wrote:E-coli is a good source of death.
Manure from grain-fed cattle is a good source of E. coli.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Here's where I have a problem... What type of meat? In what amount? For being titled "Cancer Facts" this article is pretty scare on actual details and facts.
Cancer Facts - Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

In contrast, Harvard studies showed that daily meat eaters have approximately three times the colon cancer risk, compared to those who rarely eat meat.
There'a big fucking gap between 'daily meat eaters' and those who consume it in moderation. Especially considering what type of meat it may be.
In 1997, the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) published a review of the major studies on food, nutrition, and cancer prevention. For cancers of the breast, prostate, kidney, and pancreas, it was determined that red meat (beef, pork, or lamb) consumption possibly increased cancer risk. For colorectal cancer, a review of the literature determined that red meat probably increased cancer risk and that processed meat, saturated/animal fat, and heavily cooked meat possibly increased risk.
Oh hey some actual specifics: 'red meat'. In case you weren't aware there are more types out there than red meat which is something I personally avoid.
Spang wrote:Meat is a great source of saturated fat.
Oh wait.. I guess you weren't aware of that.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:Oh hey some actual specifics: 'red meat'. In case you weren't aware there are more types out there than red meat which is something I personally avoid.
There's a whole chunk of specifics that I didn't include in my post, but I did provide a link to the source material.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Vague troll is vague!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So basically you're back saying what you said you didn't: Eating meat, apparently of any kind.. in any amount = heart disease.

Got it!

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Having watched too many older relatives die, most of the ones with the less healthy lifestyles went out with a bang and not a lot of fuss. Not a bad way to go really. And not all that much younger than their brothers & sisters.

The healthy ones slowly rot away for the most part, years of misery and expense for them and their families.

Good friend's third heart attack (@ 50 years old), killed him as he was riding his motorcycle home from a bar after an evening of drinking and smoking. Jerk.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

nazivegan n.:

A sometimes militant type of vegan who isn't content to merely live with a vegan lifestyle and feels a moral compulsion to enforce his/her own ideals on other people. Problems arise because the vegan lifestyle is arbitrarily determined by a personal choice balancing prevention of harm to animals and convenience, and any attempts to force or encourage other people to conform results in absurd amounts of hypocrisy. (Animals are harmed in far more ways than just being used as food, and anyone who abstains from a diet involving meat products still necessarily causes harm to animals in some way, unless they are completely self-sufficient and don't use electricity or gasoline which both cause pollution when produced, grow their own food so animals aren't killed by combine harvesters, don't live in a house which uses materials gained from deforestation, etc.)

A nazivegan claims it's okay to hurt animals only as much as he or she does.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Had a couple hundred* dead gnats on my t shirt after riding my bicycle @ lunchtime. /sob.

*blantant exageration
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Hey here's some random link saying that Fruits and Veggies help with neither cancer nor heart disease:

http://diabeticmediterraneandiet.com/20 ... t-disease/
http://advancedmediterraneandiet.com/blog/?p=273

http://tinyurl.com/5uecyel - for the search query - please be sure to separate out the people who 'think' and 'feel' that their 'might' be some benefits - and stick to the ones that refer to scientific study.

Here's another one from the mayo clinic saying hey - here's some proteins that are cool to eat that won't give you a bunch of nasty shit - oddly enough, meat is on there several times:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart- ... et/NU00196

This is kind of fun - but pointless. There's yet to be any scientific 'proof' either way that one extreme of either lifestyle is vastly superior to the other based on longevity, disease, etc. There's a huge battleground for moral standings, but as was pointed out, you may as well be trying to convert everyone to Scientology.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Caloric deprivation shows promise in mice :)

By the time someone is old enough to make a decision and try it without their parents getting arrested it's likely too late :)
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Xyun wrote:nazivegan n.:

A sometimes militant type of vegan who isn't content to merely live with a vegan lifestyle and feels a moral compulsion to enforce his/her own ideals on other people. Problems arise because the vegan lifestyle is arbitrarily determined by a personal choice balancing prevention of harm to animals and convenience, and any attempts to force or encourage other people to conform results in absurd amounts of hypocrisy. (Animals are harmed in far more ways than just being used as food, and anyone who abstains from a diet involving meat products still necessarily causes harm to animals in some way, unless they are completely self-sufficient and don't use electricity or gasoline which both cause pollution when produced, grow their own food so animals aren't killed by combine harvesters, don't live in a house which uses materials gained from deforestation, etc.)

A nazivegan claims it's okay to hurt animals only as much as he or she does.
I imagine Spang is a card-carrying member of the HipsterJugend.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Meat isn't bad for you, all the processed shit that you REALLY have to go out of your way to avoid is what is bad for you.

Things like industrial grains, hydrogenated vegetable oils, sugars. Find me a study of a group of people that live on a diet high in meat or saturated fat, and avoid those things that I just listed, all while having a higher-than-average incidence of heart disease, cancer, etc. and I'll concede that you've got a point.

Until then, I'll point you to the Masai in East Africa (who generally subsist on cow's milk, meat and blood), the inhabitants of certain Polynesian islands (who subsist on high saturated fat coconuts), or the Kitavan people of Papua New Guinea who eat almost double the saturated fat of Americans and have virtually no incidence of Stroke or Heart Disease.

Really, you should just read the article that I stole this from, written by a PhD Candidate at Michigan who is a lot smarter than me (or you) about this stuff. She collected all of this data and raises some interesting points. Part 1 | Part 2
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Sylvus wrote:Find me a study of a group of people that live on a diet high in meat or saturated fat, and avoid those things that I just listed, all while having a higher-than-average incidence of heart disease, cancer, etc. and I'll concede that you've got a point.

Until then, I'll point you to the Masai in East Africa (who generally subsist on cow's milk, meat and blood)...
The Maasai people have the worst life expectancy in the world.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Spang wrote:
Sylvus wrote:Find me a study of a group of people that live on a diet high in meat or saturated fat, and avoid those things that I just listed, all while having a higher-than-average incidence of heart disease, cancer, etc. and I'll concede that you've got a point.

Until then, I'll point you to the Masai in East Africa (who generally subsist on cow's milk, meat and blood)...
The Maasai people have the worst life expectancy in the world.
Probably due to the lack of meat which has led to them eating plants/veggies.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Probably due to the fact that they lack the modern technology and infrastructure that enables our absurdly long lifespans, among other cultural/lifestyle reasons. I bet their rates of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer are pretty low.

Really though, Sylvus (or whoever his muse PhD candidate is) is nailing it. It's not that meat is unhealthy or vegetables are unhealthy or that butter or tofu is unhealthy-- it's processed foods, chemicals, preservatives, and the like.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

dammit sueven, Spang doesn't want any facts spewed here!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That's pretty much it. Spang seems to think the 'western diet' = daily red meat eating. He forgets things like high fructose corn syrup, processed foods, everything being fried, etc that makes up the 'western diet'. But whatever . He's obviously trying to show his moral superiority over the rest of us. Just acknowledge and move on.
Last edited by Aslanna on June 28, 2011, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

They're running "sugar is sugar, my body doesn't know the difference" commercials here. Right after the "petroleum taxes are bad" ads.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Those commercials are like.. Some of the biggest lies ever. Obviously it's presented by the Corn Refiners Association. No bias there at all. Fuck HFCS.. That shit is in everything.. Even bread crumbs. wtf!

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Spang wrote:Humans predate fire and tools.
This is simply false. Any argument advanced from this point is doomed. Tool use, including weapons, and fire predate humans by over a million years each (over 2 million in the case of stone tools). Besides that, raw meat was consumed in quantity by pre-human apes long before it was learned that fire could extend food's "shelf life."
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Holy super troll, this is still going on? Honestly, at this point there are only 2 options about whats going on here. Either Spang is trolling everyone really really hard, or he has been brainwashed by a vegetarian cult and no amount of reasoning is going to change his mind.
Xatrei wrote:
Spang wrote:Humans predate fire and tools.
This is simply false. Any argument advanced from this point is doomed. Tool use, including weapons, and fire predate humans by over a million years each (over 2 million in the case of stone tools). Besides that, raw meat was consumed in quantity by pre-human apes long before it was learned that fire could extend food's "shelf life."
Also, this. Our non human (though, humanoid) ancestors \ other branches of our family tree were already using tools and fire before Homo sapiens evolved as a species. And even without developing any tools, its not hard to kill an animal by picking up a rock or large branch and beating it to death. Still a tool, but you don't have to make it. You just pick it up and smash something with it.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Taken from Wikipedia, but it is pretty accurate

Early technology
Agriculture preceded writing in the history of technology.

* Olduvai stone technology (Olduwan) 2.5 million years ago (scrapers; to butcher dead animals)
* Acheulean stone technology 1.6 million years ago (hand axe)
* Fire creation and manipulation, used since the Paleolithic, possibly by Homo erectus as early as 1.5 Million years ago
* (Homo sapiens sapiens - modern human anatomy arises, around 200,000 years ago.)
* Clothing possibly 170,000 years ago.
* Stone tools, used by Homo floresiensis, possibly 100,000 years ago.
* Ceramics c. 25,000 BC
* Domestication of Animals, c. 15,000 BC
* Bow, sling c. 9th millennium ac
* Microliths c. 9th millennium BC
* Copper c. 8000 BC
* Agriculture and Plough c. 8000 BC
* Wheel c. 4000 BC
* Gnomon c. 4000 BC
* Writing systems c. 3500 BC
* Bronze c. 3300 BC
* Salt c. 2500 BC
* Chariot c. 2000 BC
* Iron c. 1500 BC
* Sundial c. 800 BC
* Glass ca. 500 BC
* Catapult c. 400 BC
* Horseshoe c. 300 BC
* Stirrup first few centuries AD
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Evolution isn't even real. The world is only 6,000 years old so obviously that's WRONG!

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Holy super troll, this is still going on? ...no amount of reasoning is going to change his mind.
Never stopped us before :)

Interesting thread.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ok, I went back and read through this. Yes, interesting thread, and here is basically what I got out of it.

Spang has a low IQ but wants to act intelligent
Spang probably has a small penis so wants to act superior (if not, just some sort of superiority complex in general)
Spang is completely confused, and if he can see logic in what is being said he blocks it out because he can't admit he is wrong

and above all
Spang is a complete douche

I actually used to like him, but oh jesus did this thread show his true colors. I actually would feel somewhat sorry for him if he didn't have such a horrible aura of smug around him.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

With any luck he hasn't crossed the smug event horizon.

New devotees to any cause should be required to shut up about it for the first 12-18 months to avoid looking like a zealot\douche\brainwashee. The most likely to preach the cause and the worst candidates to do so.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Bad news for bacon eaters!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43611656
The global debt crisis has sparked riots in Greece and elsewhere in Europe, but while you were watching the mayhem on TV, you might not have noticed that there’s a riot brewing at your kitchen table.

No nation should be without an SBR — a Strategic Bacon Reserve!

Bacon prices are expected to soar this summer — just in time for peak BLT (bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich) season. BLT season goes into full swing in July across much of the country as tomatoes start to ripen and, if you’re like Jason Perlow, who writes the “Off the Broiler” blog, by August, BLT’s will have become “major meals” instead of just a quick lunch.

But this year, just as the U.S. is worrying about its own debt crisis and a possible "double-dip" recession, the price of bacon —that sizzling, smoky comfort food we most need during tough times — is expected to surge. The price of pork bellies, which is where bacon comes from, jumped to more than $130 per hundredweight (100 pounds), and some analysts suggest it’s going to top last August’s level of $150.

“It’s going to be pretty tragic when you have your fresh ripe tomatoes and can’t have bacon for your BLT,” said Jason Mosley, author of the Mr. Bacon Pants blog and co-star of the “Bacon Live” podcast.

The reason for surging bacon prices is that hog farmers have pared their herds due to high feed costs after corn prices hit a record near $8 a bushel last month. Retail bacon prices hit $4.77 a pound in May, according to the Labor Department, and Rich Nelson, director of research at Allendale, told Reuters that it could reach near $6 a pound in the next few months.

The bacon community is outraged.

“Everyone is kind of freaking out about it,” Mosley said, adding that some bacon lovers have already reported seeing bacon prices above $6 a pound — and that's for the generic, store-brand “cheap stuff.”

Still, bacon lovers aren’t to be deterred.

“I think they’ll make cutbacks other places — stop buying other things so they can afford bacon,” Mosley said. He personally said he’s willing to cut back on some fresh fruits and vegetables — things like bananas. “Get some good tomatoes and lettuce and forget the other stuff,” he said.

Some bacon mavens suggest it’s time to stock up for the coming crisis.

“Bacon lovers should take this as a warning that it’s time to head to the store and stock up. Tomatoes are beginning to ripen and prime BLT season is just around the corner,” said Heather Lauer, author of the book “Bacon: A Love Story” and the Bacon Unwrapped blog. “ As hog farmers do what is necessary to survive in challenging economic times, bacon consumers need to protect themselves as well,” she said.

Mosley also suggests using Bacon Salt to hold you over — it's a salt that adds bacon flavor to anything you HOOKERWHORESLUT it on, though it isn't made of actual bacon.

As if the nation isn’t suffering enough, with high unemployment and gas prices still more than $3.50 a gallon, now we’re faced with a bacon crisis and the need to stockpile bacon.

America, it’s time to take this seriously. BLT season is fast approaching and we need to get this crisis under control.

With all the money the government has thrown at Wall Street and foreign countries that have spent themselves into crisis, it’s high time officials took this bacon crisis seriously.

Imagine a U.S. stockpile of oh, say, 700 or so million barrels of bacon that can be unleashed to the Walmarts of America when the nation is in time of need.

How can this nation even try to maintain its status as super power of the world on lettuce and tomato sandwiches?

Mosley said he’s in favor of a Strategic Bacon Reserve.

“Why not? I think that we’re already facing a lot of tough decisions in America — why have bacon be one of them?” he said.

Well said, Mr. Baconpants. Well said.
More corn subsidies, please! Thanks!

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Aabidano wrote:The "design life" of our bodies is going to take a long time to catch up to modern conditions, of course that would be assuming that natural selection for longevity were at play, which it isn't.
While the hand of Darwin might not be pushing us toward K-selection any more, there are quite a few people who are waiting until much later in life to get hitched and breed, and you better believe that they are selecting for durability much more than older generations.

I've heard a theory that humanity is in process of breaking into two discrete groups: a K-selected, high-income, high-education caste, and an r-selected, low-income, low-education group. It seems to me that's just an artifact of the uneven way countries and societies have developed over the past century, and not a true population split that might lead to separate subspecies, but it is an interesting mechanic to observe.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Good point, the Jewish community has done similar over the course of centuries.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Aslanna wrote:Bad news for bacon eaters!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43611656

More corn subsidies, please! Thanks!

Off topic, it's funny seeing Cindy's article quoted. My wife and her sit next to each other at CNBC.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Ok, I went back and read through this. Yes, interesting thread, and here is basically what I got out of it.

Spang has a low IQ but wants to act intelligent
Spang probably has a small penis so wants to act superior (if not, just some sort of superiority complex in general)
Spang is completely confused, and if he can see logic in what is being said he blocks it out because he can't admit he is wrong

and above all
Spang is a complete douche

I actually used to like him, but oh jesus did this thread show his true colors. I actually would feel somewhat sorry for him if he didn't have such a horrible aura of smug around him.
You forgot the "Spang's Super Hero" Obama turned out to be another politician and now he looks stupid there, so he is trying to divert attention to some of his other hilarious beliefs.

I am enjoying his complete lack of knowledge on the subject. I am also enjoying his absolute refusal to believe anything but what he reads. It has made for some of the best reading on this site in years. Keep making up facts and digging out half truths Spang, I want to see this thread go another 8-10 pages.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Faith-based "reasoning" is awesome! Internet and barista says that eating meat is wrong!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's been over a week since we've had a status report. I think maybe he's off the wagon.

(Or is it on the wagon? Damn you Seinfeld!)

--