Celestial Tomb will close its door on Feb.17th

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Curufin
No Stars!

Celestial Tomb will close its door on Feb.17th

Post by Curufin »

IF you have been part of this guild in the past, if there are some old guildies you would like to reach, if you think you could join a few other ex-CT in future games to build up a guild or you like to cyber please post on the celestial tomb public board (http://206.154.168.123/) your :

original EQ character name
#1 game/server/charac : game you are actively playing / server on which you are playing / name of your main character.
#2 game/server/charac : same as #1
#3 game/server/charac : same as #1

For me it would look like :

Curufin / Braellan(not original owner) / Lexien (not original owner)
curufin@wanadoo.fr
EQ/Veeshan/Lexien
EQ/Sebilis/Curufin

We may have a table summarizing all those informations in the future. I will work on that with Valryte if he has time to waste for us once again

See you , dunno when, dunno where but wish it is soon and close.

Curufin, original CT member 01/2000
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jackass!

Curufin, thanks for making an attempt to end the life of Celestial Tomb in a positive way as it should have been handled by the last GL and officers.

I know Xtacidia's been trying to help find homes for some of CT's members.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Man, that gives SOE only 5 days until they announce bankruptcy.
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

ok kyoukan, that was weak ;p
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

CT was never any more to me than a n00bish fable, of heroes that stood up to FoH and were perma-cockblocked, but remained steadfast in their desire to meet or even overtake the big dogs. An announcement like this saddens me, like when a child wakes up early on christmas morning to find his/her father laying out presents and eating the cookies that were left out for santa.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I am hoping that many of the past members will be up for one last fling this year as Fan Faire hits Chicago. I would personally love to see all the folks that went to Minnesota make one last trip back to where it all started for mass drinking and debauchery. If you know or are in contact with any of the retired members, pass it on and lets have one last zerging.
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

/rolleyes

Sorry to see any organization go that has been part of the game for this long.

Pah, if that's how you saw CT.......you have some serious issues.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

That is a bummer :(. I have met some great folks from CT over the years and wish everyone the best in the future.
en kærlighed småkager
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Tis a shame indeed.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Curufin the Crafty!

All the best to you guys. I'm sure it is tough to see what you have invested much time in come to an end. i have similar experiences, but what is a flip side is that you have the good times along the way to remember.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

*Sniff* :(
Varia
Pyronius Flamebringer
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Pyronius Flamebringer »

Aye its a sad thing....was all fun tho.....especially the Minneapolis fan faire...not something Ill soon forget.

All the people who were my friends I hope to see ya all in the future even tho many have already quit......from my Euro Friends....Tigger and Icemana....to the Captain Oncelot....Kaelani & Gaeus...the Canuks and newfs...was a great frigging time...Lugon and Axien Orlando was great too.

And Kilmoll.....Ill be there.....and Ill be bringing the Jaegermeister.
Sparty is my hero.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Fallanthas, it seems I must explain myself yet again, as people don't take time to think about what they're reading...

How did you feel about santa when you were young? How about your kids? Remember that excited mysticism? That aura of something that was bigger and more magical than anything you knew? And do you remember the disappointment when that was shown to be untrue/over.

AKA - I'm sad to see them go, I had que mas respect.

Guess I have to start dumbing up so people don't think I'm flaming every time I post something.
Pyronius Flamebringer
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Pyronius Flamebringer »

The difference Pah of why your analogy doesnt work....when I think back to CT I will still have a warm fuzzy feeling of friends and accomplishments.....
Sparty is my hero.
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

I doubt the mice are going to Chicago this time. Hopefully you'll find someone else to host the party, have a good time.

As for the disbanding of CT, I hate to see it happen, but it should have happened 2 months ago.

I probably won't see you in the next game becaause I'm pretty sure this was my last MMORPG.
-retired-
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Pyronius Flamebringer wrote:The difference Pah of why your analogy doesnt work....when I think back to CT I will still have a warm fuzzy feeling of friends and accomplishments.....
What can I say.... I started playing about a month before luclin... All I heard about for my first 20 levels was FoH/CT rivalries. I guess I'm a sucker for the underdogs. I always respected their diligence.
Damiarch
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Damiarch »

Tis a sad thing indeed...too bad I spent most of my time watching CT from the sidelines.
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Sup

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

Orlando was fun, except for the people from the Rathe server puking in our hotel room. :roll:

Hope all of the current CT members find a new home that means something to them as much as CT meant to a few of us.

Axien Dellusions
member of CT from July 2001 - December 2001
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Luvinn
No Stars!

Post by Luvinn »

My best game memories was with CT. Ill never forget all my friends in there. With the best damn poison maker Kilmoll passin it out before every raid, to the call to arms by oncelot the pirate captain. Wont forget the ho's in the guild, and of course my best memory of the guild when i got my dream dagger of the time the massive heartwood thorn. Personally i never looked at another guild at the time, or couldnt care less about anyone else, and i can say i stayed to the end.
To all my friends i wish you all the best of luck in what ever you do.
65 Rogue of <...........>
Veeshan server
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

of heroes that stood up to FoH and were perma-cockblocked, but remained steadfast in their desire to meet or even overtake the big dogs

This is what I was referring to. I guess you weren't around for the wonder that was the Xanupox days, so maybe I shouldn't be so harsh.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I was an original member of CT, and an officer during the Xanupox era.

As much as I love the guild, I'm glad to see it go now. I couldn't stand to see it operating as a shell of it's former self.

Best of luck to everyone I knew in CT.
Xtacidia
No Stars!

news says it all

Post by Xtacidia »

The Gates Close

The guild Celestial Tomb will close down forever. It has been a great ride; many people have played important roles in the history of the guild and the history of Veeshan.

Celestial Tomb was formed by merging guilds to do what few could not. The guild in its infancy was powered by heart and dedication. No matter what anyone would say.
Thanks to the many guild leaders that sacrificed their time over the years.

Bandog/Mullins our first Guild Leader and a person that was able to ensure that only the best happened for Celestial Tomb.

Sirton, a kind and warm-hearted leader that was every bit the paladin he played.

Xanupox, the driving force behind the loot machine that was CT. Outsiders will never understand what Xan gave to the guild. He could be considered friend to all that played beside him and bane of all that faced him.

Thess, helped take Celestial Tomb to new levels of diplomacy on the server. Gaining respect from many guilds that were the bitterest of foes.

Myself, I was more or less here to ensure that Celestial Tomb would be cared for in its ending, The name will be locked down and never used again. I have tried to ensure that the current roster finds good homes and are helped in anyway I can.

=======================================================================

Through our time we have seen many people stand out, help lead or put in a lot to make this guild work. To many to even possibly list, however here are a few…

Toshira we thank you for all your effort. I remember when the little gnome wizard first had come to Celestial Tomb. I also remember it ripping my heart when you first had thought of retiring. You helped hold CT together many times over. You were a constant support for all of us officers and did all the things needed to keep the guild working. It is no wonder so many think you were the greatest officer we ever had. Best of luck to you and LoS.

Tiglat: Dedication and kindness above all, many step up and I know you had doubts of your leadership abilities. Some know how to motivate and others like you show leadership through their heart.

Sithe/Grimme – Early on in CT’s life you helped lead us to new frontiers, without your early adventures into the depths of new zones we would never have made it to where we did.

Valryte: Thanks for the work of art, the amazing website you created for us. You are god, you rock, must have been spoke of you a million times.

Lugon: You were the advice, the unbiased opinion that we all needed. All along you have put the guild first and have been able to take care of all of us helping us solve the toughest challenges ourselves.

Aallaan: Silent leaders are often misunderstood, you showed leadership in the way you were always there.

=======================================================================

Celestial Tomb has had near 500 members in its time on the server. Some famous and some infamous. Be it Sparty, Kilmoll, Winnow, The Newfs, Kylere , the twins Zen and Tryx or even the most popular rez cleric on Veeshan Ish. Many a person and complex personalities had managed to become a great guild and a home. Which is an achievement.

I would like to thank Furor and FoH for being a driving force in the lives of Celestial Tomb for 3 years. The fun we had in doing what many said we could not helped drive us and make this game, so much fun. So thanks for raising our play by driving us to better ourselves.

I would like to thank Drozzt/Zak, Shainral, Eudas, Xanupox, Frozboz, Tatanka and Toshira for being my closest friends in my time in CT. Without many of you this game would never have been what it was for me on a personal level.

Celestial Tomb members will now seek out new homes, new fun or retire to real life and or future games. The ones who stayed and tried to keep everything together deserve the greatest respect, for never giving in.
No one person made Celestial Tomb and no one person was bigger then Celestial Tomb.
No matter who you are or how big a role you played in the history of Celestial Tomb, please remember the good, remember the fun.

People need to remember that through all our differences, for all our challenges. We had at one time been a family. For that reason alone may the history of Celestial Tomb be just that. May no one post trash threads about what people have said or done. Get past it and remember we will always have one thing in common we were all a part of the Celestial Tomb family.

With this said I with heartfelt memories end this chapter of Celestial Tomb.
May everyone that has ever heard of Celestial Tomb hold a moment to remember.

Xtacidia Evernight
Guild Leader and Protector of Celestial Tomb

All the best to all that were apart of the Tomb.
Xtacidia Evernight
65 Wizard
Fires Of Heaven
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Very well said Xtac.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

:cry:

It was a fun ride. I felt at home in CT and will miss it. There were a lot of good people who passed through those gates. I wish them well.

We should have one last reunion in the Arena and proceed to kill each other. :)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

No other guilds' clerics dropped more drive-by rezzes on me and my gimps than CT. A lot of times, they'd even deliver clickage for nothing more than portage back.

I hated Xan as much as anyone, but overall, CT was full of good peeps.
Jugata
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Jugata »

As much as certain people think I am a "deserter" "loot whore" etc etc, this saddens me more than I can put in words. I can't forsee having times again in this game as we did in CT. The old school people, our old clr core....I will miss OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS. The new friends I made before leaving, you are all quality folk, good luck wherever you find your new home.
Xtac, I thank you for your grace and kind words, they've comforted me more than you know. I poored my heart into CT and today I read the guildpage and smiled again.
I wear the Valhall tag today and I have to say, these Swedish nutcases have OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of the same banter and qualities that CT once had. (cept they are all fucking gnomes). That said, I will always be Celestial Tomb at heart and at any time one of you out there need help in any way don't hesitate to send me a tell on Jug or Teurde.

Rob

Oh and a big fuck you to kyoukan for continuing to not have one ounce of decency. Honestly though I didnt expect any better.
Kaelani
No Stars!

Post by Kaelani »

I am very sad to see CT fall this way. I have been with CT for over a year now and it has been the best year in EQ for me. I will always be CT at heart and I will miss all of those that chose to leave EQ for good :(

I hope to see many of you that I call friends in game from time to time. If you need a Dr00d you can always call on me :)
Kaelani
63 Heirophant of Celestial Tomb
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

TeurdeCT wrote:Oh and a big fuck you to kyoukan for continuing to not have one ounce of decency. Honestly though I didnt expect any better.
Oh, I'm sorry.. Did you steamrolling fucks want 3 pages of tears and sympathy from your comrades here on "the vault?"

I'm pissing on the grave, baby!

PISSING ON IT
Jugata
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Jugata »

Who said anything about tears? Just a little newsflash for ya : 2 years ago is in the PAST. You're still a fucking ignorant bitch TODAY. Do you get my point yet?
Shainral
No Stars!

Post by Shainral »

And thats why I loved being guilded with Teurde/Jugata .. so full of love.

I'll always remember the long ass raids, the wipe outs, the flawless victories, the hate daysand the Call to Arms.

And I know I will always miss guild chat that was.

/hug

:cry:
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Kyo, shut the fuck up. I rarely post here, but you are just a fucking dumbass...yes they have steamrolled, ks'd, ect but very few guilds havent at a time or another and CT was a great guild. Personally, I hated Xanu as well, but in general CT was full of great people and at one time I was even planning on joining. Sorry to see this guild finally go, I guess I really *should* be happy, less competition on an already crowded server but CT been around so long it will be very strange for it not to be around at all, even if it was just filled with a few people who couldnt stand to leave. Goodbye CT and I hope all the CT members who couldnt bear to leave before are happy in whatever they do now.
Lynxe
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynxe »

/agree Teurde

Kyoukan, I've never known you to have any issue with you. I only know you from the cruel, sarcastic digs I've seen you repeatedly make on this board. Most people try not to hurt each other where you put a lot of effort into making people feel small. Also, like most of the people who have seen your posts over time, I am not remotely surprised you lack the simple "class" to realize when to let something go and when to just shut up.

Xtac: You managed to sum up CT without a harsh word for anyone regardless of your own issues with many of those people. Your post was well thought out, respectful and enjoyable to read. THAT was classy :) Good job, I'll miss having CT around too.
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

Sad news indeed. I spent most of my EQ life in CT. I'll never forget the times we had and the friendships we made.
Early FG/Vox/Naggy raids.
The all out verbal wars we had with that "other" guild.
VP.
Pulling fear so many many times. Back in the day when it was scary.
The thing i'll remember the most is the people who made CT so great. I wouldnt dare name any names, but if you were in CT, you have an idea of who the people are that made CT such a fun, enjoyable guild.

CT was absolutely full of wonderful people. True, there were some dick heads also. But as in life, that can be expected. One thing that got under my skin while I was in CT was people who disrespected me and other CT members just because of our Celestial Tomb tag. It can almost be compared to racism in the real world....Hating a person because of the color of their skin....I for one hate people, not races =)

Sparty <Celestial Tomb>
Ninan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ninan »

Class way to close out an era. I was in CT after the Xan years and had a blast. Good luck to you all wherever you go and whatever life tosses your way. Kil stay in touch man, miss you.

Kooky as usual being the snake she normally is. Crawl back under that rock bitch, no pets allowed on this thread.
Ninan Nivasse

<a target="new" href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... ">Ninan</a>
Rainus
No Stars!

Post by Rainus »

Pretty Sad end it turn out

I was in CT but for a month but I'm glad I've made the acquintance of many people I still call friends today

Xtac : Classy and a fitting final words for the event

CT never really dies or end, it will live on in memories of some of the people it touched

To those I still call friends , don't be a stranger and drop me a tell from now and then and let me know how you guys are doing. ie That means you Toshira, Luvinn etc :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nice post Xtac : )

It's easy to remember the good times with CT because there were so many. For all of the external flamewars CT had with other guilds etc, we were proud of our own accomplishments and challenged ourselves.

It's very hard to explain to someone outside CT looking in how much fun we had as a guild. Our VP raids kicked ass. The Social part of EQ in the end is what matters and along those lines CT managed to keep /gu fun and entertaining.

Every one of those 11,834 /bites I dished out on raids were deserved!

Winnow
Last edited by Winnow on February 14, 2003, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mezzmor
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Mezzmor »

/salute Xtac

Good luck to all of you, no matter where you land, we will always be CT.
Apollyon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Apollyon »

Just wanted to drop by and wish the members of CT well. I met some of you at the Mpls. Fan Faire, drank a few beers and some champagne, and had a lot of fun. Hope you all find what you're looking for in this game or otherwise.
<a href=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... pollyon</a>
Forest Stalker, Cestus Dei
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

Extremely well said Xta

I wish all of CTs members the best in luck in whatever they do and I will never forget my days in CT and what you all taught me about this game, if I had not been in CT during my early days in this game I doubt I would still be playing..

- Kaelin SpiritStorm <Celestial Tomb>
Quietly Retired From EQ In Greater Faydark
Kaluian_CT
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kaluian_CT »

Seeing CT close it's doors hurts my heart as well.

I'm sure many disapproved of how I left CT and EQ in the end, but the fact remains, I was a hardcore member of CT for 3 years and an officer for 8mo of that.

The memories are too many to list. For years, it was the same thing for me,..going to work for 8 hours a day watching the clock the entire time so I could get home and log onto EQ, and kill shit with my guild.

So many friends made EQ a blast for me.

It starts with Luite,..my mentor Bard and friend for pre-expansion EQ. Taught me how to be a bard.

Sueven,...my buddy as I came to CT shortly after its beginings. He was Kaluian to me then, and I was Sueven. Listening to his dark humor and rants on a daily basis was a great time for me.

Kilmoll,..well I cant say enough about what he meant to me in EQ. It was Kilmoll that kept me in EQ for the last 6 months I was there. Sweetest guy I have met in the game (believe it or not). Kilmoll and I were a remarkable duo, accomplishing things in EQ I thought undoable. I miss you Kilmoll.

The newfs,...most all of you were the absolute heart of CT, the driving force. Teurde and Rianna had coffee shooting outta my nose on numerous occasions in /gu. Kavden and Taelan wer probably my favorite couple to hang out with in my latter CT days.

Thess, Well she was the most like me, the person I identified with the most in EQ. I miss ya Thess.

Aallaan,...you are a perfect gentleman. I miss your VERY random and rare /gu statements.

I could go on forever,...CT was fun while it lasted for me.
Valgul
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Valgul »

Farewell, my friends in CT. I had a great time while I was in CT. I will always remember the VP raids. Then later the NToV raids.

I met a lot of good people while in CT. Too bad it ended, but remember the good.

Xtac, class act and good post.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Farewell CT.

Many are the times I have cursed you when we were fighting for spawns, but I am still sad to see CT die. Good luck to all of you out there, and a special thanks to Xtacidia for being my main wizard adversary, we played the game but I always respected your skills, see you around I hope :)
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

/does the jig of joy (tm)
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Sirton
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

CT

Post by Sirton »

Email: Sirton1@hotmail.com

Still playing on same server and having best time have had in EQ life..Sad to see CT gone was a big part of my EQ experience and got me through some tough RL issues at times by getting my mind off em..Wish best of luck to the many friends had made during the 2 yrs was GL there..(good post Xtac.)

Fair Well Celestial Tomb....
Crazie
No Stars!

Post by Crazie »

Crazie Hammersong
Deadly Deceit
Lvl 65 Cleric of Brell, 26aa
My Stuff!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

why the fuck did you bump this, you festering piece of shit?
Crazie
No Stars!

Post by Crazie »

I bumped it because i fucking felt like it, so fuck off
Crazie Hammersong
Deadly Deceit
My Stuff!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

way to bump an 11 month old thread, fuckhat. I hope you get banned.
Crazie
No Stars!

Post by Crazie »

Kyou, your so fucking retarded, thats all i have to say to you
Crazie Hammersong
Deadly Deceit
My Stuff!
Nylith
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Nylith »