Planning a Wedding

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Re: Planning a Wedding

Post by Sylvus »

Anyone have any advice on finding an officiant to perform the wedding ceremony? I could care less if we just had a judge do it, but while my lady is not super-religious she would like to have some sort of a prayer or blessing. Right now we'd like to find a non-denominational religious type who would be willing to come marry us at our location, and not have to take classes with their church (like I've seen friends who have gone the Catholic route have to do) or anything like that.

If that rings any bells and you want to point us toward where to look, I'd appreciate it. Or maybe there's a particular religion that is laid back like that?

Thanks!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Try non-denominational churches in your area. I explained to my chosen pastors that we wanted the focus of the wedding on us and our love, not religion. One guy was really an asshole, so fuck him. I interviewed 3 pastors and chose the least judgmental of the 3. We waived the classes and paid him 150$ (tipped him another 50 for 200 total). He showed up, did his thing, and left.

We ended up buying a house in the same neighborhood as him. He also helped console my wife when her mother died of cancer. He didn't mention God once. He's not a recruiter or a zealot, just a good man.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Sylvus wrote:Anyone have any advice on finding an officiant to perform the wedding ceremony? I could care less if we just had a judge do it, but while my lady is not super-religious she would like to have some sort of a prayer or blessing. Right now we'd like to find a non-denominational religious type who would be willing to come marry us at our location, and not have to take classes with their church (like I've seen friends who have gone the Catholic route have to do) or anything like that.

If that rings any bells and you want to point us toward where to look, I'd appreciate it. Or maybe there's a particular religion that is laid back like that?

Thanks!
Try asking the venue of where you are getting married, they normally have a list of officiants.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Can't the Captain of a ship marry people? A Pirate Captain!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Thess wrote:Try asking the venue of where you are getting married, they normally have a list of officiants.

We're actually having it lakefront at our house in Northern Michigan, so I have to compile that list! :p
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

can i come with my xbox live friends?

but 4 reals here is a site on the internet

http://www.decidio.com/local-businesses ... n-s52.html

PLEASE CHOOSE CHAPLAIN DAVE Image