Most Disgusting Food

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Haggis - I may be scotch, but dayam, I'm not going near that shit again.
Brittney
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Brittney »

Onions... I fuckin HATE onions.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Diae Soulmender wrote:Bubba Grizz - ex-Navy?
More importantly, did you play smiles while in PI?
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Don't know if anyone said it, but Chitterlings. They stink up the house, and why why why do people want to eat pig guts? Chitterlings was the only food my grandmother would make my plate with, and threaten to beat me if I did not eat it....that was the only food I absolutely refused to eat and took many beatings for, was a few. That was back in the day when your grandma would not let you leave the table till you ate all your food. I have sat at that damned table for six hours refusing to touch it, and taking some butt woopings in the process. To this day, when my wife eats them, it takes me about a week before I will kiss her. No joke.
Masekle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Masekle »

Chitterlings = the suck My grandfather, on a trip to KC treated me to a Pig-Snoot sandwich. It wasnt the sandwich that really turned me off, it was the environment that it was produced in. We pulled up to this little camp trailer with the side hacked off. Inside was a BIG POT and BIG BIG black lady. It was in excess of 100 degree's that day and that BIG pot full of snoots boiling away, was causing the BIG BIG lady to sweat profusley. Well she grabs to slices of bread, places em on the makeshift counter, leans over and asks me what i want on it. I, of course, have my eyes glued to the bread that is soaking up copius amounts of her perspiration, replied whatever. That in itself was a mistake because it prolonged the sandwich lean-over. Being a backwoods Boy at the age of 10 I had never actually conversed with a black person before and I swear those drops on the bread were brown. needless to say my grandfather got to enjoy 2 sandwiches that day.

Later I learned that Pig-Snoot is the little fatty layer of meat/skin across the snout of the pig conveniently sandwich-sized after processing

I also later learned that black people sweat the same color as I do =)
Masekle/Sandrana
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Pickeled cactus would have to be mine. It was so bitter it almost turned my face inside out. It was like eating a heaping spoonful of earwax.
Masekle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Masekle »

Cant say as I have never tasted earwax lol
Masekle/Sandrana
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by rhyae »

My brother and sister were adopted from Korea so I grew up with Kimchi, it was yum.
Now some of the other stuff they ate was ... not.
Friend from PI made us denugwon (sp) once, disgusting, congealed pigs blood mostly, looked like chocolate pudding with strips of fat in it.
Some of the stuff she cooked would drive you from the house it reeked so bad.
For some reason the smell of leachy nuts produces an instant gag reflex.
Xyphir
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xyphir »

Kimchee is great, especially as an appitizer before any korean meal. We went to one Korean place and they had about six different kinds of spiced fermented veggies to pick from, all varying in degrees of spicyness.

I was lucky to try Sea Urchin (uni) a few year back while touring the mutha-land (Okinawa). It was sold and kinda slippery, but not bad. I made a promise that I would touch no western food for the ten days I was there. On a whim, my mom handed me some smoked pig ear. Fuckin Disgusting! I like dried squid, and cuddlefish, but the ear just grossed me out. I had to spit it out when my mom wasn't looking. Even had bitter mellon, and that was good. Still not the nastiest thing I ate on my trip. That award goes to fermented soy beans. I like miso, but something about seeing slimy soy beans kinda grosses me out.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Worst thing I have ever actually eaten was Headcheese. Damn deli had a tray of cubes out and I figured it was sausage and grabbed a big piece. After a couple of retched chews I looked closer at the sign and saw what it was. I had to end up swallowing the crap and had an upset stomach the rest of the day. It is absolutely vile stuff.

I was fed liver as a child. I won't eat it now because it just doesn't sound appetizing to me but I never thought it was that bad tasting as a kid. My Dad still loves it.

Asian cuisine can be pretty weird but I have tried a lot of it at least once. I like squid but can't bring myself to eat the heads.

Deward
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

flaki

it's a polish stew/soup kinda thing, made with cleaned and cut up lining of a cow's stomack
my mom used to buy the raw thing, well a piece of it since cows have enormous stomack, scrub it clean of all gunk and half digested food that was still hiding in those little pockets, soak it in water for like 2-3 days and cook

the stench of the raw thing and while being cooked was unbelievable
I only tried one spoonful once since she insisted I try before critisizing and I said never again. It doesn't smell bad once it's cooked with vegetables and spices but it still has a texture of a rubber boot.

someone mentioned blood sausage
all that is is cooked barley and spices with blood added to hold it all together, it actually tastes good, cooked blood isn't bad, we all eat it every time we eat steaks or burgers
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

I have to agree with the crocodile being fatty, I have't had crocodile, but I've had alligator.

Honey is like bee vomit, and peanut butter has a large percentage of maggot eggs supossedly. But I still eat them..

The worst thing I have eaten was this shit me and my brother made while goofing around for the cable show in Junior High....

We mixed Pickled Herring, Cranberry juice, smurfberry blue kool-aid, Yeast, I can't remember what else....but it was like 15 ingredients....just from the short list there you can tell it was not good.

Anyway I was faking like I was licking my fingers but I accidently got a big tongue full. The camera man saw me and how ill I looked and started laughing. It was banned from cable though...because Claritin pretended he slit his wrist when he poured the cranberry juice in.

Zergs, Scrimps, and Scrimpy would drink smurfberry blue kool-aid.....and I couldn't stand to be within 10 feet of them when they did because the smell of that kool-aid would seriously make me feel like I had to puke ever since....thankfully it is no longer sold....
-retired-
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

someone mentioned blood sausage
all that is is cooked barley and spices with blood added to hold it all together, it actually tastes good, cooked blood isn't bad, we all eat it every time we eat steaks or burgers
After having to help make both this and head cheese, neither is going anywhere near my mouth, thank you!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Air Force 84' - 88'.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Aabidano wrote:
More importantly, did you play smiles while in PI?
OMG! I didn't think anyone else knew about this game! I played it often and often times I lost. I have a picture of a bunch of us guys at a big round table with a bunch of purses on it. My mom asked me one day where all the women were. I nearly died holding back the truth and I told her that they went to the bathroom. You know, women go to the bathroom in herds. She bought it.

I vacationed at 100 Islands for 2 weeks as well while I was on leave.

*drifts off into a tropical memory*
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

Hahha Smiles!!

Friend of mine came back from a stint in the Marines and talked non-stop about that game for a good year :P Always tried to get us to play... vile.
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Pilsburry wrote:Did you know the average human being swallows 4 spiders in his sleep during his lifetime?
actually, it's 4 spiders a year.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Never heard of Smiles.
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

Liver and Onions i tried and never again will i eat

chocolate covered bugs (never tried no thanks but people do YUK!)

Cant believe people actually eat that crap
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Quarkk
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Quarkk »

Mustard :shock:
Davanor Reepicheep ~ Gnomish Magician
Estrosiath
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Estrosiath »

I'm surprised no one mentioned escargot ( ie : snails ), or else frog legs. Mind you, they don't have that much taste ( no, I'm not French :) But I do live in France )... It's mostly the sauce that goes with them that makes them worth your while. Otherwise... they have weird consistency.

I agree with liver; it's bloody disgusting.
Millie

Post by Millie »

I like liver, so long as it's prepared properly. I think someone mentioned previously on this thread that liver should not be overcooked; I couldn't agree more. Liver tends to develop a very slimy consistency when cooked too long.

On the other hand, chopped liver is always good. Very fattening in large quantities (liver is nearly 70% fat), but very good.

I've never had escargot, but I have had frogs' legs. I wasn't all that into them; they tasted like very rubbery chicken. I had them at a French place, and the traditional method is basically to drown them in butter. But even the butter couldn't hide the awkward texture. I guess you have to be French to enjoy frogs' legs.
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

I stand corrected, I couldn't remember if it was ayear or a lifetime, so I erred on the conservative side.
-retired-
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

escargot is yummy =)
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
retiredwikit
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by retiredwikit »

Cow Stomach. My dad is originally from Ecuador and use to eat it all the time there as a kid. One day his sister came up and cooked him some. He didn't tell us what it was, they just used its spanish name so us kids had no clue, up until the end of the meal when they finally told us what it was.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

retiredwikit wrote:Cow Stomach. My dad is originally from Ecuador and use to eat it all the time there as a kid. One day his sister came up and cooked him some. He didn't tell us what it was, they just used its spanish name so us kids had no clue, up until the end of the meal when they finally told us what it was.
'

was it good
Kaluden Stormblade
No Stars!

Post by Kaluden Stormblade »

Blood pudding is probably one of the nastiest things I've seen eaten. Blood is collected from a freshly killed fowl (have only seen it done with ducks, geese, etc.) and allowed to coagulate in the fridge. It's usually garnished with crushed peanuts and a couple herbs. Sounds tasty?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kaluden Stormblade wrote:Blood pudding is probably one of the nastiest things I've seen eaten. Blood is collected from a freshly killed fowl (have only seen it done with ducks, geese, etc.) and allowed to coagulate in the fridge. It's usually garnished with crushed peanuts and a couple herbs. Sounds tasty?
Sounds like a prime recipe for Salmonela :roll:
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
retiredwikit
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by retiredwikit »

kyoukan type-R wrote:
retiredwikit wrote:Cow Stomach. My dad is originally from Ecuador and use to eat it all the time there as a kid. One day his sister came up and cooked him some. He didn't tell us what it was, they just used its spanish name so us kids had no clue, up until the end of the meal when they finally told us what it was.
'

was it good
nope