Brüno Crash Lands (may be NWS)

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Brüno Crash Lands (may be NWS)

Post by laneela »

Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Brüno Crash Lands (may be NWS)

Post by Spang »

Staged but funny.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I don't think it was staged, supposedly Eminem wasn't there for that part of the rehearsal. His "crew" was punching the douchebag and pushing him around, in a not so friendly way, and Eminem left the show for good when that happened.

And if that is the case, I don't blame him, the Borat dude is a moron and this was about as funny as Tom Green having his testicles in a jar at the awards (hint: it wasn't funny at all).

EDIT: I can't believe Twilight won movie of the year, that is a low even for MTV.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Funkmasterr wrote:And if that is the case, I don't blame him, the Borat dude is a moron and this was about as funny as Tom Green having his testicles in a jar at the awards (hint: it wasn't funny at all).
Dude, Sacha Baron Cohen is one of the funniest people alive, and has the biggest balls in the world. It was funny, specifically because it was Eminem and how seriously he takes himself.

You're wrong.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:His "crew" was punching the douchebag and pushing him around, in a not so friendly way, and Eminem left the show for good when that happened.
That was part of the act. Besides, Eminem had already done his performance for the evening, so there was really no reason for him to stick around and watch a shitty movie win a bunch of meaningless awards.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:And if that is the case, I don't blame him, the Borat dude is a moron and this was about as funny as Tom Green having his testicles in a jar at the awards (hint: it wasn't funny at all).
Dude, Sacha Baron Cohen is one of the funniest people alive, and has the biggest balls in the world. It was funny, specifically because it was Eminem and how seriously he takes himself.

You're wrong.
Surprising that people that think pissing people off on a message board think that the same thing irl is funny.

I'm sorry, but I really tried to give Borat a fair shot, even after detesting "Da Ali G Show", but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get more than 15 minutes into it.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Apparently, it was staged in addition to being quite chuckle-worthy. I don't think I've ever watched an MTV Movie Awards show (I was 23 when they started doing these, and was well over MTV), but there are occasionally some good clips, like this one, to come out of the show.

I read or saw somewhere that this year the winners were chosen entirely by online voting. This thing is always a joke of an award, but Internet voting takes it to a new extreme. Essentially millions of 13 year old girls chose the winners (e.g. lol @ Zach Efron for best male performance)
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Cohen makes a living by "victimizing" stupid people. I can see how "some" people would take offense to that.

Me, I want to have his snarky white-assed babies.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lalanae wrote:Cohen makes a living by "victimizing" stupid people. I can see how "some" people would take offense to that.

You're right, Eminem is really stupid. I mean only a total moron like him could rise to the top of a industry where white people are not accepted.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:You're right, Eminem is really stupid. I mean only a total moron like him could rise to the top of a industry where white people are not accepted.
Eminem was not being victimized. The whole thing was staged, you fucking idiot!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I'd pay good money to see Marshall perform a cover of Onyx's "Street Niggaz" at the Vibe Awards...
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:You're right, Eminem is really stupid. I mean only a total moron like him could rise to the top of a industry where white people are not accepted.
I was responding specifically to Lala's comment dipshit. Are all aspects of life as hard for you as reading comprehension?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:I'd pay good money to see Marshall perform a cover of Onyx's "Street Niggaz" at the Vibe Awards...
:lol:

That is a pretty amusing visual.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:I was responding specifically to Lala's comment dipshit. Are all aspects of life as hard for you as reading comprehension?
You're a fucking idiot.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Spang wrote:
I was responding specifically to Lala's comment dipshit. Are all aspects of life as hard for you as reading comprehension?
I don't think she was commenting on Eminem...
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Spang wrote:
I don't think she was commenting on Eminem...
Cohen makes a living by "victimizing" stupid people.
Seemed like it to me, but even if she wasn't spang is still a moron and I wasn't asking for his moronic one-liner opinion.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:Seemed like it to me, but even if she wasn't spang is still a moron and I wasn't asking for his moronic one-liner opinion.
First of all, you have to realize that the whole Bruno/Eminem thing was staged. Eminem was not being victimized. Then you'll understand that when Lalanae makes the following statement:
Lalanae wrote:Cohen makes a living by "victimizing" stupid people.
She was clearly not talking about Eminem, since he was not being victimized; he was in on it. She doesn't even mention Eminem in her entire post:
Lalanae wrote:Cohen makes a living by "victimizing" stupid people. I can see how "some" people would take offense to that.

Lastly, you're a fucking idiot. How's that for a moronic one-liner? Go fuck yourself. There's another one.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Even if he was in on it, which I'm still not sure about because I've read conflicting stories.. That doesn't change the fact that you are a useless moron that contributes nothing to this forum much like your panda-fucking twin sister, and it also doesn't change me thinking that Cohen is an obnoxious moron. That clear enough for you junior?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:Even if he was in on it, which I'm still not sure about because I've read conflicting stories.. That doesn't change the fact that you are a useless moron that contributes nothing to this forum much like your panda-fucking twin sister, and it also doesn't change me thinking that Cohen is an obnoxious moron. That clear enough for you junior?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Even if he was in on it, which I'm still not sure about because I've read conflicting stories.. That doesn't change the fact that you are a useless moron that contributes nothing to this forum much like your panda-fucking twin sister, and it also doesn't change me thinking that Cohen is an obnoxious moron. That clear enough for you junior?
You publicly outing yourself? How cute!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aww that's so cute. Funk being all emo since his buddy Kilmoll left him here all alone.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

That doesn't even make sense.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

This thread is so boring.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Funks response was totally staged!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dregor Thule wrote:Funks response was totally staged!
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:That doesn't even make sense.
You don't even make sense.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:

pssst, quoted text doesn't count towards your 10 word quota~
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Dregor Thule wrote:Funks response was totally staged!
He's not that smart.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I wasn't referring to Eminem. Just trying to be clever with quotes.

Edit:

Here I'll rewrite my comment without trying to imply anything and just say it straight out.

Cohen makes a living out of making fun of stupid people, so I can see how stupid people like you take offense.

that's what I meant. Sorry for all the subtext. It won't happen again.
Last edited by Lalanae on June 2, 2009, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lalanae
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

...and I do think its obvious Eminem was in on it. Watch any video of his and you'll see that he loves satire aimed at the cult of personality (even himself). Felt pretty fake regardless.
Lalanae
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lalanae wrote:I wasn't referring to Eminem. Just trying to be clever with quotes.

Edit:

Here I'll rewrite my comment without trying to imply anything and just say it straight out.

Cohen makes a living out of making fun of stupid people, so I can see how stupid people like you take offense.

that's what I meant. Sorry for all the subtext. It won't happen again.

And ill apologize for giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that maybe for once you weren't being an obnoxious bitch, but I too will make sure it doesn't happen again.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Eminem/Bruno: YES It Was Staged

NEW YORK — The head writer for the MTV Movie Awards has settled the debate: the stunt involving Sacha Baron Cohen and Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards was completely planned.

Comedy writing veteran Scott Aukerman wrote in a posting on his blog that the incident was staged and rehearsed in advance.

At Sunday's award show, Baron Cohen appeared in character as his gay fashionista Bruno. He fell on top of Eminem after being suspended above the crowd. The rapper appeared to find little humor in the stunt and stormed out.

Speculation was rampant over what was and wasn't real. Baron Cohen, Eminem and MTV have yet to comment on it.

Aukerman's posting has since been removed. His manager didn't immediately return a call Tuesday.
The Source
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lalanae wrote:...and I do think its obvious Eminem was in on it. Watch any video of his and you'll see that he loves satire aimed at the cult of personality (even himself). Felt pretty fake regardless.
And I would argue that there is a huge difference between satire and having someones fucking taint practically on your nose.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Eminem/Bruno: YES It Was Staged

NEW YORK — The head writer for the MTV Movie Awards has settled the debate: the stunt involving Sacha Baron Cohen and Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards was completely planned.

Comedy writing veteran Scott Aukerman wrote in a posting on his blog that the incident was staged and rehearsed in advance.

At Sunday's award show, Baron Cohen appeared in character as his gay fashionista Bruno. He fell on top of Eminem after being suspended above the crowd. The rapper appeared to find little humor in the stunt and stormed out.

Speculation was rampant over what was and wasn't real. Baron Cohen, Eminem and MTV have yet to comment on it.

Aukerman's posting has since been removed. His manager didn't immediately return a call Tuesday.
The Source
I am amused you are so set on proving me wrong, it really adds to your already pathetic character.

As far as the cunt's comment about him making fun of stupid people, I guess I'm not surprised that a board consisting of a fair number of people that thinking irritating someone is funny, and (this is the best part) actually think that they are ahead of the curve in the smarts department when in fact their egos are just out of whack would find it funny.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:I am amused you are so set on proving me wrong, it really adds to your already pathetic character.
Then put me on ignore. I don't contribute anything to this forum anyways.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:

pssst, quoted text doesn't count towards your 10 word quota~
Using tiny text counts towards your stupid quota. You exceeded your limit long ago.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Borat dude is an ass. He's not funny. He's annoying.

I remember him interviewing Andy Rooney. He didn't do anything but be annoying. I suppose Borat makes those with marginal lives feel better when he makes fun of those with no lives. How hard is it to make fun of stupid people? Real comics go after higher level prey. Most of our nation lives a pathetic existence so he'll always have an audience.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Not a fan of either of them actually. Glad I didn't watch.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Not a fan of either of them actually. Glad I didn't watch.
I don't like M&M's music, and find Cohen non-funny.

I didn't even know these awards existed until this thread :)
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

definitely staged ... wonder why the camera was already focused on Eminem before Bruno made his unexpected visit?
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Gzette wrote:definitely staged ... wonder why the camera was already focused on Eminem before Bruno made his unexpected visit?
If it was staged, that's fine (I'm not saying it wasn't, just so I'm clear). However you are like the second person that has said that as an example and it's a poor example to use, because it could have been planned without his knowledge.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:If it was staged, that's fine (I'm not saying it wasn't, just so I'm clear).
O RLY?
Funkmasterr wrote:I don't think it was staged...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:If it was staged, that's fine (I'm not saying it wasn't, just so I'm clear).
O RLY?
Funkmasterr wrote:I don't think it was staged...
I know even you aren't that stupid dude, you supposedly have proven to me that it was staged.. So I'm not going to argue the point anymore? Do you only thrive if you're getting on someone's nerves?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:Do you only thrive if you're getting on someone's nerves?
I only get on your nerves 'cause you let me.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Good stunt by Bruno Cohen and Eminem since Eminems new record is out, just a lil PR-stunt to put Eminem in the attention after being away for a while.

I know some people WISHED it was real but it was staged. :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Gzette wrote:definitely staged ... wonder why the camera was already focused on Eminem before Bruno made his unexpected visit?
If it was staged, that's fine (I'm not saying it wasn't, just so I'm clear). However you are like the second person that has said that as an example and it's a poor example to use, because it could have been planned without his knowledge.
WHO THE FUCK CARES???
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

So, the more mature Funkmasterr, this construct only exists when we're not talking about one of his man crushes?

Because in this thread he seems every bit the petulant child throwing personal insults around at people that might be slighting his idol.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Gzette wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
WHO THE FUCK CARES???
You, or you wouldn't have commented on it. You made a stupid argument for your point, its nothing to get angry about.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:So, the more mature Funkmasterr, this construct only exists when we're not talking about one of his man crushes?

Because in this thread he seems every bit the petulant child throwing personal insults around at people that might be slighting his idol.
I'm not too fond of eminem to be honest. Too many songs about the same stuff over and over for me.

I was responding out of my extreme disgust with the obnoxiously retarded sorry ass excuse for a comedian that pulled the stunt.. hell I would have found it just as obnoxious and distasteful had he done it to you.

I insulted three people in this thread, two of which go out of their way to get a rise out of me whenever they can and deserve everything they get, and one that can hardly make a simple statement without being a bitch and deserves nothing less in return.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »