What would expect to get for...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

What would expect to get for...

Post by Lalanae »

At one of the EQ Fan Faires, one of our dev friends gave Eric a sealed copy of EverQuest Gold Edition (comes in a fancy gold tin). Eric went around and had just about everyone of importance sign it (Saiphos, Scott Hartsman, Ester the Tester, Absor, Drembo, Dan Enright, bunch of others I can't recall off the top of my head). They only gave out 3 at that Fan Faire and Eric was the only one to initiate getting it signed, so I doubt there are any others out there like it.

Eric has decided to Ebay it. As with all collector's items, value is hard to peg down. Figure I'd check with you guys to see what you think it is worth to EQ collectors, an estimate. Ultimately only Ebay will tell, but he's curious what EQ community folk have to say first.

The box is still sealed in shrinkwrap as the signatures are on the shrinkwrap. It's been on a shelf for pretty much it's lifetime where it looked cool as a display item, but Eric is ready to part ways with it if the price is right.

And, this probably goes without saying, if any of you are interested in buying it, PM me. I'll have Eric post some pics if you want to see it.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: What would expect to get for...

Post by Siji »

First problem, EQ is nearly 10 years old and people really don't care that much anymore. Second problem, a lot of the people that signed it probably aren't with EQ anymore, or nobody knows or remembers who they were anyway unless they were there.

That said, people do and collect silly things. I can't imagine it going for more than $20 to 50 max as it really serves no purpose other than a shelf decoration. And unless the buyer was at that fan faire and wanted a token to remember it, it's just a pretty box of a game most people have moved beyond.

:: Do let us know if it sells and for how much, I'm curious.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

If it doesn't look like Jesus, it isn't worth selling.

But seriously, I would guess a couple hundred dollars.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Lalanae wrote:At one of the EQ Fan Faires, one of our dev friends gave Eric a sealed copy of EverQuest Gold Edition (comes in a fancy gold tin). Eric went around and had just about everyone of importance sign it (Saiphos, Scott Hartsman, Ester the Tester, Absor, Drembo, Dan Enright, bunch of others I can't recall off the top of my head). They only gave out 3 at that Fan Faire and Eric was the only one to initiate getting it signed, so I doubt there are any others out there like it.

Eric has decided to Ebay it. As with all collector's items, value is hard to peg down. Figure I'd check with you guys to see what you think it is worth to EQ collectors, an estimate. Ultimately only Ebay will tell, but he's curious what EQ community folk have to say first.

The box is still sealed in shrinkwrap as the signatures are on the shrinkwrap. It's been on a shelf for pretty much it's lifetime where it looked cool as a display item, but Eric is ready to part ways with it if the price is right.

And, this probably goes without saying, if any of you are interested in buying it, PM me. I'll have Eric post some pics if you want to see it.
If it came with an invite to a party with Eric and Lala, I'd go hi! Vegas? I think so yes please!
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:
Lalanae wrote:At one of the EQ Fan Faires, one of our dev friends gave Eric a sealed copy of EverQuest Gold Edition (comes in a fancy gold tin). Eric went around and had just about everyone of importance sign it (Saiphos, Scott Hartsman, Ester the Tester, Absor, Drembo, Dan Enright, bunch of others I can't recall off the top of my head). They only gave out 3 at that Fan Faire and Eric was the only one to initiate getting it signed, so I doubt there are any others out there like it.

If it came with an invite to a party with Eric and Lala, I'd go hi! Vegas? I think so yes please!
What you say?! Party in Vegas?! Yes indeed!
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Party in Vegas? Count me in!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I have, or had, an Everquest poster of the original box art (the full thing though, not the cropped version) signed by the entire dev team. I wonder where that got off to....

I have no idea bout the gold box, though. I'd assume it would be worth more to another collector who likes EQ, but there might not be very many of those around. Ebay has pretty wide reach though, so you never know. I've seen rare game collectibles pop up on Kotaku in the past before. If you could get it submitted on there, it might drive the number of bids up.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy