If any remember Aramancer

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

If any remember Aramancer

Post by Sargeras »

Aramancer, necro of Sovereign, of Legion, of CT, passed away last night. I don't know who here remembers him, but Sovereign has lost a dear friend. Acies' words are beautiful compared to anything I could say:
Acies @ sovereignguild.org wrote:Love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast. It is not proud, it is not rude, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love.

-Corinthians 1:13

Today, we lose a friend. Aramancer was always helpful, always calm and was perhaps synonymous with the best things in this guild. A good sense of humor and a smile that you could see even through typed green text, he managed to comport himself with dignity and class while never letting it turn to arrogance.

On Monday night, shortly after we pushed through to Kel Thuzad and claimed victory, Aramancer went to bed. In his sleep, his blood sugar went low enough to stop his heart.

He is survived by a wife, two daughters and a son. His daughter told me today that he was perhaps impractical, putting everyone else before himself. As we generally understand it, people who put more value in others than they do themselves are by nature of being the rarer and more valuable by far. If I can truly state one quintessential characteristic of Aramancer's, it is that and that alone. The man was uniquely selfless in a selfish world, and we are poorer for having lost him, but richer for having known him and taken from him his examples and lessons, which very much so exemplify what it is to truly love.

Rest in Peace Aramancer. You will be continually missed.
Rest in peace old friend. :(
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: If any remember Aramancer

Post by Animalor »

This is such sad news. I remember spending a lot of time back in the EQ days hanging around with Ara.

He was extremely good people and shall be missed.

May he Rest in Peace.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sometimes I feel like it's been 25 years since we played EQ the way players are passing away.

Aramancer only posted twice on the board. Here's one of them:
Aramancer wrote:
Thanks Oogah, the one thing that I have really gotten out of this game is a lot of great memories of people helping each other. The feeling from thinking back to all the things people have done to help me pales in comparison to seeing Quarm lying down.

For instance, I'll never forget Shanks eating like half a dozen deaths to help me get my corpse back out of a fully popped Fear...
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I don't have an active WoW account ATM but can anyone log into Zul'Jin and let Boo know. Last I saw him he was going by Oogah on the Horde side.

NM, I signed up for the 10-day WOTL trial with my account. I'll go and let him know.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Sad :(

R.i.p mate :(

Bah.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

We used to rock out in Karnors together :(
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

Very sad. Rest in peace ole buddy.
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

:(
cweeedit cwuunch
Lynxe
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynxe »

I didn't know him as well as you Sarg but I remember Ara. So sorry to hear this news :(
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have