I'm getting fat

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: I'm getting fat

Post by miir »

Seriously dude, keep your faggot trolls to your own thread.
This was actually a decent discussion before you started spewing your vegan bullshit
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

miir wrote:Seriously dude, keep your faggot trolls to your own thread.
Uh, this is my thread.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Spang wrote:
miir wrote:Seriously dude, keep your faggot trolls to your own thread.
Uh, this is my thread.
This thread was started by the cool Spang.
Not the douchebag vegan who now posts as Spang.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I have a post but I will submit it to the douchebag Spang thread as that's where it fits. I'm sorry I ever invoked the name Spang here and made him appear. I was thinking I'd have to say it three times before anything happened. How wrong I was!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

*Edit - moved post
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Also, noel was right.
noel wrote:...given your age, and your likely high metabolism, you could simply change your diet and likely lose it rather quickly.
I've lost almost 18 pounds in the last six months without exercising.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:Also, noel was right.
noel wrote:...given your age, and your likely high metabolism, you could simply change your diet and likely lose it rather quickly.
I've lost almost 18 pounds in the last six months without exercising.
I've lost more in less also with no exercise and I'm more than likely older than you. And I eat meat in moderation. An average of once or twice a week at most though. Just sayin!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Diet pills are the way to go, like that one episode of Family Ties.

But really, y'all need to fucking exercise. Maybe Jazzercise.
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Shitloads of sugar and carbs are worse than meat any day, and sugar comes from plants and Jesus made bread (and fish!) so that can't be bad. It's all so confusing. I wish there were a white, middle class, male from a privileged country to tell me what I should do. Those guys seem to have all the right answers!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I wish there were a white, middle class, male from a privileged country to tell me what I should do.
I'm actually poor.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The dude from your video challenge seemed to be doing pretty well for himself which is who I was referring to ;)

Spang, I really don't care if you're vegan or not. I'm just having a laugh. Everyone has their own journey in life.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The dude from your video challenge seemed to be doing pretty well for himself which is who I was referring to ;)
According to him, he used to do what he does in that video for PETA on a salary. But PETA thought educating people was a waste of money and fired him. So now he allegedly does it on his own for free. I don't know what he does for income.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I've lost 10lbs in ~5 years and exercise 5-6 days a week. Suppose starting at 5'10"\170 might have something do do with that :D

170 is my all time high, was laid up for 5-6 months after an injury, Today I swing from 155-165 all depending.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well by "no exercise" I mean with no additional exercise. Everytime I go to work I have to walk a half mile from my car to my desk. And another half mile at the end of the day to get back to my car. In addition to taking a ~20 minute walk break mid-day.

My point was that by just a simple diet change, and not going to the extreme end like certain other individuals here, I was able to lose weight (and keep it off). I don't doubt that it's healthier to add exercise into the mix.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well yeah!

Even taking the stairs as opposed to the elevator can be very helpful, especially for those that are way overweight. Even the "average" person can go a long ways towards better health by making a few simple changes to diet and routine.

Since I am only in the office 2 days a week, I lose a good deal of walking, so have organized my garage to facilitate my heavy bag routine and kept the fitness ball and medicine ball in my home office for easy access (baby).

Problem I have is that since I work from home those other 3 days, it is very easy to get locked in to a project due to being comfortable at home! At the office, it is easy to say, "fuck it! I am going for a walk." I need a better routine, but since I am thinking about it, I will do something. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I work from home, it's what I do at "lunchtime". 30 minutes of something, every day to decompress a bit mid-day. Even mowing the yard works. Does me wonders but not something I obsess over if I miss it. Chilling out playing guitar works too.

Always walked or biked to work in Alameda as it was faster than driving :)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Good call on the biking. Since I am in more of an urban setting, being in one of the older Portland neighborhoods, biking makes more sense in many cases. Of course, I wouldn't want to end up like the people who, once they have fallen in love with the "cyclist thing" and become an insufferable eco-douchebag.

Moderation!
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Defuse them by pointing out all the gerbils slaughtered harvesting rubber, and the moles killed in steel and sulfur mines. Not to mention the abuse the Oompa Loompas go through in the bike chain sweatshop.

Went for a 10 mile ride at lunch, beautiful day today. During the winter I'll swing by the river and post pictures to my Chicago & Bydgoszcz co-workers :)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

:lol:

I need to take advantage of the awesome weather. Around here, rainy season can start even in September. BALLS. Nothing but house work for me these days, although I'd been getting rad workouts via wrecking bar vs. framing.

Think I'll try for something healthy for lunch today to assuage my guilt derived from my own damn advice. Perhaps some Thai chicken curry-dish.

YES
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've been on the "too lazy to go to Costco to restock my food" diet for the past few months. By simply being too lazy to go to Costco <insert your grocery store here>, I've lost 11 pounds.

I topped out at 200 pounds (6 foot 2 inches)

I weighed in at 189 today. My goal is 185. I weighed 175 in high school.

I no longer have any sympathy for fat people. I've done jack shit except sit on my ass for several months and lost weight. My primary lunch meals are McDonalds and Del Taco. (I get large/macho/grande/supersize) large fries, large coke.

One thing I do less is eat before going to bed because I've been too lazy to go buy food. In fact, I get home and eat a large bowl of ice cream and that's it sometimes. Other times I nuke a chicken bake or anything else in my freezer that can be microwaved in less than 4 minutes.

My diet is pretty crappy except for the smoothies I make. I don't exercise. I drink a ton of caffeinated beverages. Coffee/Coke.

When I was 200. I felt like shit. I was far from anything close to being excessively obese and I could feel my body struggling. I can't imagine what you 300 pounders feel like. Must suck. I think I'd be dead if I hit 220 (fat not muscle).

Here's a tip for fat people: Stop fucking eating so much! Jesus christ. You don't even have to exercise. You can sit on your ass as long as you stop eating later at night.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Hahaha!
en kærlighed småkager
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Spang wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:The dude from your video challenge seemed to be doing pretty well for himself which is who I was referring to ;)
According to him, he used to do what he does in that video for PETA on a salary. But PETA thought educating people was a waste of money and fired him. So now he allegedly does it on his own for free. I don't know what he does for income.
When someone tells people they were fired for something like this, it usually means they were fired because they were a lazy moron.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Avestan wrote:
Spang wrote:
When someone tells people they were fired for something like this, it usually means they were fired because they were a lazy moron.
That's why he does the exact same thing now for free? Because he's a lazy moron?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Aabidano wrote:170 is my all time high.
I remember 170 on the way up. It was like going through a town with a single stop light and it was green.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Spang wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:I wish there were a white, middle class, male from a privileged country to tell me what I should do.
I'm actually poor.

You should just tax all the people with more money that are around you.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Bubba Grizz wrote:
Aabidano wrote:170 is my all time high.
I remember 170 on the way up. It was like going through a town with a single stop light and it was green.
This made me lol irl.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Spang wrote:
Avestan wrote:
Spang wrote:
That's why he does the exact same thing now for free? Because he's a lazy moron?
You do something like this for free because you etiher dont need the money, or you are a moron. Or both. Probably both.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Aabidano wrote:You've never seen anyone at the gym slurping down a super big gulp & cheese fries while on the treadmill? I'm exaggerating but only on the cheese fries part. Those are for on the way home as a reward.
The resolutionists were out in force over the holidays, saw a group of power walkers with impossibly sized fountain drinks and Burger King bags in hand on Mon.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It's funny because fitness is driven almost completely by diet.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Not so lol-worthy are the morbidly obese people I see regularly sucking on energy gel-packs as they trundle around an exercise trail. Initially thought they might be diabetic(or something?) but it's far too common for that to be it. Just successful advertising. Beefcake, BEEFCAKE!!!

*Edit - Southpark clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjorK8Gv3A

Horde of people on brand new carbon bikes like every Christmas too, that's some serious sales margin for somebody.
Last edited by Aabidano on January 4, 2013, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm starting my annual after holiday diet to lose the couple pounds I gained.

Here's my diet in detail:

-Eat less food

Works every time.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, all the diets and exercise programs crack me up. I'm at around 185 pounds now, I've gained about 5 pounds back since I haven't been able to work out since my motorcycle accident this summer. I was at 265 or so a few years back, and I'll I did was eat better, nothing special or too restrictive, and run.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah, all the diets and exercise programs crack me up. I'm at around 185 pounds now, I've gained about 5 pounds back since I haven't been able to work out since my motorcycle accident this summer. I was at 265 or so a few years back, and I'll I did was eat better, nothing special or too restrictive, and run.
Wait until you quit smoking.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've just started running again, so I should be good :)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Good luck with that.