classic EQ

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: classic EQ

Post by Mr Bacon »

Doesn't negate the fact that it was a fucking mutiny decided on a whim by about 3 people.

If every dev team flipped out over someone missing for a week, we'd be in a world without programs.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Sameo
No Stars!

Post by Sameo »

Mr Bacon wrote:Doesn't negate the fact that it was a fucking mutiny decided on a whim by about 3 people.

If every dev team flipped out over someone missing for a week, we'd be in a world without programs.

The core dev team IS 5 people. the project is being done by 5 people. They were all there, and voted.

There is a reason behind every action in the world... it's a little deeper than a Leader being AFK. This was more or less a sideline thing
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Sameo wrote:It's a little deeper than a Leader being AFK.
It's really not. The team even said 'it's because tcs was always away and not helping.' So they fucked him over, took the project code, and removed a few other people while they were at it.

Instead of remaining calm and actually waiting for a response from tcs, they just decided to bone everyone and move on. Now there's two projects doing the same shit - the WORST thing that could happen.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Hoping Tc's code will be more polished and better then.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I can only imagine what their own forums must be like...
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Is that where their drama is?
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

tcs killed peq again
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

could you possibly whine more about a friggin emulation of a game we all played 8 years ago?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:could you possibly whine more about a friggin emulation of a game we all played 8 years ago?
I bet he is really really sorry that he has bothered you by posting his frustration about a wrecked EQ emulation he was excited to play, on an EQ based board.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Move this shit to the EQ forum.

That game was the coolest thing ever.... 8 years ago. Most of us have moved on and could care less about 5 guys who are fighting with each other over a shitty emulator.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

noel wrote:Move this shit to the EQ forum.

That game was the coolest thing ever.... 8 years ago. Most of us have moved on and could care less about 5 guys who are fighting with each other over a shitty emulator.
This has been the point of my posts in this thread. Coming here to cry about drama caused within a group from another board is sad. Coming across as if that group actually owes you something is worse.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Surprise, VV.asshole(); kicked in.

I'm done with the topic then. For those actually interested, you can sort your own shit out. I was merely trying to help keep their complex story straight.

Go fuck yourself, San Diego. No more VV for me.
Last edited by Mr Bacon on October 24, 2007, 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Mr Bacon wrote:Surprise, VV.asshole(); kicked in.

I'm done with the topic then. For those actually interested, you can sort your own shit out.

:-({|=
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Done with this like your DONE WITH VANGUARD!?!?!?!

ELL OHH ELL!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Be a douche about it noel, because everyone here will obviously benefit from that.

Funny how many of the people that have called myself and others out for ruining VV are complete douchebags for no good reason and run people off of VV (whether permanent or temporary) over shit like this... Because you don't think it matters? why the hell is anyone supposed to give a shit about what you want to read? I guess that's all that counts is whether noel, sylvus, etc care about the topic at hand.

Dude was posting about something he was excited about/interested in (all of us do that, btw), if you don't want to read it then don't fucking read it but enough of the making people feel like shit because you don't like them or what they are posting about.. seriously.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Funkmasterr wrote:Be a douche about it noel, because everyone here will obviously benefit from that.

Funny how many of the people that have called myself and others out for ruining VV are complete douchebags for no good reason and run people off of VV (whether permanent or temporary) over shit like this... Because you don't think it matters? why the hell is anyone supposed to give a shit about what you want to read? I guess that's all that counts is whether noel, sylvus, etc care about the topic at hand.

Dude was posting about something he was excited about/interested in (all of us do that, btw), if you don't want to read it then don't fucking read it but enough of the making people feel like shit because you don't like them or what they are posting about.. seriously.
This topic has been here for how many fucking days without me saying a goddamn thing? Now I'm going to the main forum and getting an hourly update about a bunch of wannabe-devs and their tampon rotation and I'm supposed to give a shit? I wasn't a dick until he cried all over the thread about Kilmoll's post, and even then all I said was move it to the goddamn EQ forum so I can ignore it like the rest of the meaningless (in 2007) EQ1 bullshit.

He can post whatever he wants wherever he wants. He's the one that threw a temper tantrum, he's got a history of throwing temper tantrums and going WAY too fanboi on total shit, so I really, REALLY don't care or feel sorry for him if he's getting his ass flamed.

Addendum: There's NOTHING wrong with flaming someone on this board. There never has been. The people who are ruining this board do so with a lack of intelligence, abundance of ignorance, thin skin, and total lack of content/coherence.

Go fuck yourself.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

If you say so man, I guess it didn't really seem like a temper tantrum to me.. I am just tired of the same old hypocritical bullshit.

When you told me in an email that you were done posting on VV, I didn't reply to you or come here and say DONE POSTING ON VV LIKE YOU ARE DONE WITH <fill in the blank>

It's just the unnecessary shit slinging (about everything from a to z) that is at the root of the VV problems, and it's different people slinging different shit that is making different groups of people post considerably less/stop posting..
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

The ratio of 'me flying off the handle' to 'me posting something constructive/attempt at funny/positive' is about 1:10.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Mr. Bacon is kind of like a woman, he bitches about everything. His name should be Mrs. bacon!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

noel wrote:The ratio of 'me flying off the handle' to 'me posting something constructive/attempt at funny/positive' is about 1:10.
I understand that, I'm not implying that you are the worst, because you are far, far from it. And it never bothered me until I got blamed for ruining the CE forums (I can't remember who it was that put that blame on me originally), and now that that's been thrown around by multiple people multiple times I'm growing really tired of the hypocrisy.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

It's funny - I actually sat back and thought "why do I use this site?"

Pos:
- Good admins/mods
- fairly active community
- wide range of topics
- some people i've known for years

Neg:
- some total assholes
- irc community has become a sack of shit
- each thread ends in trolling
- Repetitive fucking with people over and over with the same comments

The negatives, to me, far outweigh the positives here. I've tried contributing to this community only to get slapped with a sack of shit in return.

I've requested via PM to py that my account either be deleted or banned. Later.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

fuck everyone itt but me YA THATS HOW I ROLL
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Mr Bacon wrote:I've requested via PM to py that my account either be deleted or banned. Later.
Oh great now we will have another bazillion threads/posts about banning Bacon like we did with Cartalas! "But he asked to be banned!"

Why don't you just stop visiting here if it's such a burden? I don't see why people need to ask to be banned or deleted. Like it makes your statement of protest sting just a little bit more or something. Same goes for the drama queens who post "omg I'm never going to post here again!!" and then end up posting a week later.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:
Mr Bacon wrote:I've requested via PM to py that my account either be deleted or banned. Later.
Oh great now we will have another bazillion threads/posts about banning Bacon like we did with Cartalas! "But he asked to be banned!"
but I really like bacon :(
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Yeah, I think Bacon is cool, excluding the occasional rabid fanboism and the whining.

I do think it would be funny if he was banned and then people threw a temper tantrum about it like Cart. lollersk8s!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

My dog likes beggin strips...either that or she likes when I say "it's BACON!"
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

Stop driving off good contributers to the boards.

Mr. Bacon, I support your constant EQ updates and all forms of drama you decide to get yourself embroiled in.

Abelard 08'.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

<3 Rellix
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Don't leave Rellix! We may not always agree, but we had fun back in the day. I look forward to playing classic EQ with you if you get into this.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

You missed FaerinEQ
- Ash
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Abelard wrote:Stop driving off good contributers to the boards.

Mr. Bacon, I support your constant EQ updates and all forms of drama you decide to get yourself embroiled in.

Abelard 08'.
So wait a second... We're supposed to be nice to him because he's a fucking baby who cries whenever anyone challenges any of his bullshit?

Fuck that. Fuck him. Fuck you. All I asked for was that this post get moved. EQ updates are great. We have a forum for them right the fuck here.

FaerinEQ ruled.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

noel wrote:

Abelard 08'.
So wait a second... We're supposed to be nice to him because he's a fucking baby who cries whenever anyone challenges any of his bullshit?

Fuck that. Fuck him. Fuck you. All I asked for was that this post get moved. EQ updates are great. We have a forum for them right the fuck here.

FaerinEQ ruled.
This is general discussion, no one reads the EQ forums, and I am happy it is here. If it was in the EQ forum I would have never even read it as I have no interest in EQ in its current state. This may be "classic EQ" but it is not Everquest really, its someones pet project. Its a recreation of an old game. I could see you asking for it to be moved to the Video Games forum as it is at least alive and more relevant for this post, but again General Discussion says anything goes. He can put it here if he so chooses.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

noel wrote:

Abelard 08'.

FaerinEQ ruled.
Quit trying to make yourself out to be Saint Noel. Your original post, if you don't care to reread it yourself consisted of a short sentence saying to move it, then a long one saying no one gives a fuck about what he is posting about... He did, obviously. That's a great way to get people posting!! Good job! Whether or not you are interested doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

There is less and less tolerance for people being assholes for no good reason around here every week. Say whatever you want, say it is the way things are here, and why VV was started, say whatever you want. The fact of the matter is that people constantly getting bombarded with insults galore about everything and anything by whichever asshole doesn't agree with them is wearing on people, and is why people are leaving, or posting considerably less.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Yeah, FaerinEQ was great. Too bad not enough people joined to do dragons and what not.

And Sylvos was on that server too =/
Fuck Michigan!
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

Stop being ridiculous Aranuil and put away the e-peen.

Most people who have posted in this thread want it in general discussion. I myself haven't checked the EQ board in years and would rather not have to click it just for one post. It makes a lot more sense to keep it in a forum that gets traffic by lurkers and posters alike. Especially since we're an EQ based community. If you have a problem with it then don't click on the thread.

Anyway, you have no justification for being a douschebag to Mr. Bacon.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I don't think anyone cares that they post some info about there being a project for EQ emulation. What no one cares about is hearing about 5 retards runnign it arguing that basically no one on this baord knows or cares about. If you want to bitch and moan and go on for days about those clowns, then do it on their boards or in the EQ forums. We have our own drama and don't need some imported fag drama.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

The stupidest statement in the world: We are an EQ based community.

We haven't been an EQ-based community AT LEAST 3 years. Sure we all played it at one time, but the remnants of this community are here because of things that have nothing to do with EQ. If we were an EQ-based community, threads about EQ would be the norm and not the exception like they are now. We have subforums for a reason... at least that's what Sylvus keeps telling me. If we're not going to use the subforums then lets go back to a flat forum.

The, the main board gets the most traffic so I post here excuse is fucking retarded. The Tech forum is extremely active with... wait for it... TECHIES. The videogame forum and console forum are active with gamers. All the subforums are active, ON THAT TOPIC. It makes it great for people like me who perhaps don't have a huge interest in say... Web Based Games to ignore the posts and simply read in forums on the topics I want to read on.

Finally, Funk, you're a blight on this community, not it's champion.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I just realized this is a recent thread. holy lol
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

noel wrote:The stupidest statement in the world: We are an EQ based community.

We haven't been an EQ-based community AT LEAST 3 years. Sure we all played it at one time, but the remnants of this community are here because of things that have nothing to do with EQ. If we were an EQ-based community, threads about EQ would be the norm and not the exception like they are now. We have subforums for a reason... at least that's what Sylvus keeps telling me. If we're not going to use the subforums then lets go back to a flat forum.

The, the main board gets the most traffic so I post here excuse is fucking retarded. The Tech forum is extremely active with... wait for it... TECHIES. The videogame forum and console forum are active with gamers. All the subforums are active, ON THAT TOPIC. It makes it great for people like me who perhaps don't have a huge interest in say... Web Based Games to ignore the posts and simply read in forums on the topics I want to read on.

No where did I say I was..

Fuck you, seriously. I give up.

Keep being arrogant, pretentious fucking assholes and then to make yourselves feel better about the whole thing, blame it on me when no one is posting here anymore.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

noel wrote:The stupidest statement in the world: We are an EQ based community.

Show some respect for the game that brought us all together! Without EQ you'd still be an arrogant prick, Funk would still be a retard, and I'd still be whatever I'm labeled these days, but there would be no VV community. A community named after an EQ server.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

This has nothing to do with my feelings for EQ. As I think I said, EQ was awesome. The perfect storm at the time it was released. I'm just saying this is not an 'EQ community'.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ok Noel, who the hell made you the leader to say this isn't an EQ based forum? This forum was originally founded just for that reason and I'd say most of us are here only because of that. Sure we may not play anymore, but most of us quit because of some of the later expansions that ruined the game. Maybe we would like to know now that there is a chance of playing without having to deal with that? And maybe we don't go to the "Everquest forum" because the "Everquest" today is not the same game AT ALL (past the general MMORPG idea). Everquest for me is and always will be Classic - Velious...MAYBE Luclin because it was enjoyable in parts, and I did have a lot of fun there, but some of the major changes to the game with that expansion ruined it for me. Then when POP came out that killed it. Max level 60, no AA, no req levels on items, no POK or nexus, no bazaar, no instancing...

On a side note, once this gets off the ground and everyone builds up, who is ready to see how long it takes for AOW to die? I know he did pretty quick on progression but a lot of the changes in the game were hard coded and caused him to be easier.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Who really gives a fuck?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

The roots of the forum might have been EQ, but it is far from being EQ-based anymore. The activity within the EQ forum is a perfect example of this.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Ok Noel, who the hell made you the leader to say this isn't an EQ based forum? This forum was originally founded just for that reason and I'd say most of us are here only because of that. Sure we may not play anymore, but most of us quit because of some of the later expansions that ruined the game. Maybe we would like to know now that there is a chance of playing without having to deal with that? And maybe we don't go to the "Everquest forum" because the "Everquest" today is not the same game AT ALL (past the general MMORPG idea). Everquest for me is and always will be Classic - Velious...MAYBE Luclin because it was enjoyable in parts, and I did have a lot of fun there, but some of the major changes to the game with that expansion ruined it for me. Then when POP came out that killed it. Max level 60, no AA, no req levels on items, no POK or nexus, no bazaar, no instancing...

On a side note, once this gets off the ground and everyone builds up, who is ready to see how long it takes for AOW to die? I know he did pretty quick on progression but a lot of the changes in the game were hard coded and caused him to be easier.
You're here day-to-day because of the vast EQ discussion? Sure you are. I already answered this question.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I'm here for all of the discussion, not particularly EQ related. It was the same when I was still playing EQ. I did not know about this new classic EQ attempt, I would not have known if it was in the EQ forum, so I am glad it was in General as it is something I would be interested in. Others agree I'm sure.
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by rhyae »

I agree.
ROLL TIDE.
Knarlz
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knarlz »

EQ started to go down hill about the same time Bush was elected. Coincidence?
Pride of nationality depends not on ignorance of other nations, but on ignorance of one's own.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

rhyae wrote:I agree.
ROLL TIDE.
Fuck that.

:p
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte