New Features

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

New Features

Post by Sylvus »

For those of you who haven't noticed, we upgraded to phpBB3 last night. We still have some customization and such to do, that'll happen incrementally. For now, please take the time to go into the User Control Panel (the link can be found below the header above this post) and check out the new settings in there. You can customize a lot more options than you could on the old system, including how to display posts and whatnot.

Go to the board index and check out the new options, such as viewing active posts or viewing new posts.

Each topic now has a search option so that you can search specifically in that thread. Or you can do a search of the whole board (or specific forums) and those results have their own search option that allows you to further refine them.

Attachments are now enabled and should work again in posts.

We can post fancy global announcements that show up in every forum, much like this one.

Please note that custom bbtags, such as SPOILERS are currently not working. Browse at your own risk, I'll get them working asap.

I'll post more as I discover stuff, I'm learning it too.

/edit: added some new BBCodes.
s for strikethrough.
spoiler for
[Show]
spoiler
sub for subscript
sup for superscript

will add more as i see fit.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: New Features

Post by Sylvus »

If you don't like the new theme, and would like it to look more like the old style, take the following action:

1. Click on the User Control Panel.
2. Click on Board Preferences.
3. On the "Edit global settings" tab, change "My board style" from prosilver to subSilver2.

Voila.

Go Blue!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: New Features

Post by Sylvus »

Check out the "PM" button under a post from any user. It's very slick, it'll now quote the post that you click the PM button on. And you can send a PM to multiple people, groups, etc. And attach files to a PM.

Go Blue!