Un-Ban Cartalas?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Should Cartalas be un-banned?

Screw Cartalas. Keep him banned forever.
60%
The banning was wrong. Let him back in.
40%

Total votes: 144

Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Un-Ban Cartalas?

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Due to the many people who believe the banning was unjust and the continued insistence it was a large majority that thought he was worthless and bans are worthy....here is the poll so we can see some real numbers as to how we all feel.

What ever happened to sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me? .
Last edited by Midnyte_Ragebringer on April 23, 2007, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

GREAT SUCCESS!
cweeedit cwuunch
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

I don't care one way or the other. He never contributed to any thread I was involved in, except to hurl the random insult, and he was extremely easy to ignore. If the masses say keep him banned, keep him banned. If the masses want him back, so be it. I will not vote for the choices given, as my reasoning for allowing his return is not that the banning was wrong, but rather that I do not care, and the more the merrier. Maybe one day he will say something brilliantly beautiful and it will make all of his "fuck off(,) whore" posts forgettable. Maybe he won't and he will tell me to fuck off the first day he comes back. Either way, I don't care.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

How's the fence Al? Comfy?
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Where's the "Don't give a shit" option?
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Make a stand! :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

So far, his absence has made for a greater contribution to any thread than he ever was before. I'm going to wait and see if the circus continues! If it does, no way am i voting him back on the island!
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Un-Ban Cartalas?

Post by Aslanna »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Due to the many people who believe the banning was unjust and the continued insistence it was a large majority that thought he was worthless and bans are worthy....here is the poll so we can see some real numbers as to how we all feel.
Many people? This has already been discussed. There was nothing unjust about it. I'm sure MANY PEOPLE already forgot all about him. Until this thread.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Idiotic thread. Go cry on some other forum.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Are you banning? There's no banning on VV!

VV has become a self help forum. Instead of helping Cart become the Jack Handy the ban clan wants everyone to be, they cast him out.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

If you don't like it the forum you are entitled to fuck off whenever you so desire.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:If you don't like it the forum you are entitled to fuck off whenever you so desire.
It's no more your forum than it is mine. I have as much a right to speak up as you do.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote:If you don't like it the forum you are entitled to fuck off whenever you so desire.
I hope all the Irish don't take such a pussy approach to things. Do they just quit and get drunk every time they disagree with something? Morons like kyoukan and Nick that keep saying leave if you disagree with something don't seem understand trying to defend something worth saving instead of leaving it to the passives.

Don't be a sheep. Have a stance one way or another but don't be a pussy and tell those that have an opposing viewpoint to leave. That only shows your inability to deliberate.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yes because me saying you have the right to fuck off is totally the same thing as actively prohibiting your right to speak.

Why are you only capable of (at most) 1/2 understanding anything anyone else ever writes? Is it a joke?
I hope all the Irish don't take such a pussy approach to things. Do they just quit and get drunk every time they disagree with something?
Shove your shitty xenophobic remarks up your ass you fuckwit.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

All of you that have your nuts in a twist over this need to shut the fuck up about it already. He's gone. Sylvus has been quite clear that the decision is final, whether you or anyone else likes it or not. You can piss & moan about it all you want, but it's not going to change anything. Instead the only thing that you're accomplishing is cluttering up the forums with retarded Cartalas worship bullshit. Those of you that keep bringing this up over and over, especially those spamming unrelated threads with this shit, need to get it into your head that this is the way it is. It's not changing, so stop being such whiny cunts about it.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

What does The Machine have to say about this.. I'm curious.
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

TheMachine must be dead, or this shit would not have happened to start with, this doesn't really matter anyways, only certain people count. Kiss ass enough if you can stomach it, then you can be acceptable to the anglo, left, liberal crowd and you can make decisions for the board. I figure I will just do what the fuck I want here until 6 whiny little pussy bitches complain and I am banned.

When everyone on the board agrees posting will be easier, you can just click the "me too" button.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

TheMachine must be dead, or this shit would not have happened to start with
lol. Comedy gold.

TheMachine doesn't run the board. And he hasn't been around, at least publically, in forever. I put more stock in the decision of someone who is here day in and day out and actually has a clue what's going on.

Other than for history's sake I'd say his name should be removed as moderator.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:All of you that have your nuts in a twist over this need to shut the fuck up about it already. He's gone. Sylvus has been quite clear that the decision is final, whether you or anyone else likes it or not. You can piss & moan about it all you want, but it's not going to change anything. Instead the only thing that you're accomplishing is cluttering up the forums with retarded Cartalas worship bullshit. Those of you that keep bringing this up over and over, especially those spamming unrelated threads with this shit, need to get it into your head that this is the way it is. It's not changing, so stop being such whiny cunts about it.
That is where you are wrong - it is going to change something. I don't like the attitude of a lot of the more popular people around here lately. I am sick of everyone that doesn't share the same belief set as the 15 or so prominent assholes here getting treated like they don't have the right to be here.

This was kind of the end of it for me - until the shit I described above (which has also been outlined by several others) changes - I will show my distaste by no longer donating any money to VV. Say what you will.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Funkmasterr wrote:I will show my distaste by no longer donating any money to VV.
LMAO according to the donation pages you never did donate any money to VV. Way to take a stand!

Edit. I have been corrected. See additional post below.
Last edited by Truant on April 22, 2007, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Correction: Funk donated $50 in 2005, 1 year out of 5. Still, saying you're withholding money because you don't like the decision made by a mod is such shit. Maybe if you had donated MORE THAN ONCE, it might matter.

I LOL at you sir.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Laughing at a $50.00 donation? Nice.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:Laughing at a $50.00 donation? Nice.
Yeah. That's pretty ignorant. A $5 donation is nice and should be appreciated.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I'm guessing Cart doesn't have the immunity idol? The tribe has spoken.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

What is better, donating $50 once or donating $10 5 times?

If I was accepting donations, I'd be thankful for every donation regardless of size and frequency. Every little bit counts!

If you start bitching about how much someone donates or often they do, you'll probably start receiving less and less each year.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I don't think he was criticizing the donation or the size of the donation. I read his post as a shot at Funk's stated plan to withhold future donations because he doesn't like the way things are on the boards. I don't share that criticism. After all it's Funk's dime, and he can do what he wants. If he can't justify to himself funding a community with which he disagrees, that's his right and he's completely free to vote with his Paypal account.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

You don't own/operate/administrate this board Midnyte, thus your opinion matters not. Pointless thread.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'd be curious to get a recap of what VV's current host offers compared to Dreamhost for the standard user here.

I've been less than impressed with the "dedicated servers" over the past few years when it comes to reliability of the forums. I'm not knocking the mods, just the host provider.

Dreamhost:

200+ GB Storage (increases beyond that each month)
2+ TB bandwidth each month (increases beyond that each month)
Fast bandwidth
As reliable if not more so than VV's current host
unlimited domains

$21.00 for the entire first year.
7.95/month thereafter $95.40/year (Funk's donation would pay for half a year)

How much per year is VV's current host and what are 99% of the members that only utilize the forums and downloads getting for that? I'm not talking about teamspeak or other guild websites that the donations here support.

I'd be happy to pay for the entire hosting of this site for the next 3 years if we move to Dreamhost. I've been impressed with their uptime and performance and I think you'll find others on this board with hosted sites there have been as well.
Last edited by Winnow on April 22, 2007, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

My mistake, he did donate in 2005. I missed that on the first pass. In fact, he donated twice in 2005, once for 50, and once for 11. My apologies Funk.

Spang, neither the administrators nor the founder said anything about not being thankful for Funk's donations. Don't confuse my, or Vaemas' words as the opinions of the owners/operators of this board.

I'm ending my participation in this thread now, as it's obviously being trolled very heavily and any response will be ammo.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

When does this vote end?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote:When does this vote end?
Getting tired of stuffing the ballots with alts?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Can someone with access please prove this is not happening so Winnow the xenophobe can't try and use yet another grasping at straws shithead excuse to be the supposed victim.

Given the amount of Pro-Cartalas votes it's a pretty safe bet any alt accounts will have been made from your side.

:roll:
Last edited by Nick on April 22, 2007, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

The Neocon Aryan Brotherhood Of Obstanence needs to take a deep breath and examine reality on this issue. This means you too, Winnow. Aside from you guys crying like fags who heard Julie Garland is dead in every fucking thread, the current events forum has never been more on topic and active since shitstain got the boot. Your too busy having a fucking circle jerk sit in to realize that some of us "liberals" are agreeing with you in certain topics. Instead, you would rather cause drama (no suprise in your case, Winnow, but I thought better of Mid and a couple of the rest of you) over something for no productive reason.

If you fucks ever had an original thought between you, I would have guessed that this barage of useless derailing posts was some sort of Kaufmanesque tribute to your goostepping retard mascott, but I think everyone here knows the odds of that being the case. That being said, I guess asking you dickheads to be on topic for a week and, you know, discuss things is too much of a request. Quit being drama whores.
Last edited by Jice Virago on April 23, 2007, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Truant wrote:Spang, neither the administrators nor the founder said anything about not being thankful for Funk's donations. Don't confuse my, or Vaemas' words as the opinions of the owners/operators of this board.
I don't agree. We can't make fun of a person's personal appearance but we can make fun of their financial contributions that help keep these boards afloat. Doesn't make any sense. Then again, I use Norton Internet Security!
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

no
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It hasn't even been up for ten hours yet. On a Sunday too. With 57 votes, we already have 20 peopel not in favor of the ban. That is a lot of people. No matter what the end result is. I've already gotten my answers.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I voted no just because of the "Then ban me you pussy" thread.

It's really not very nice of you to try and go against the man's last request, lol.

I thought this was settled about 2 weeks ago? I've been pretty busy with other things, so maybe my sense of time is out of whack.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

t hasn't even been up for ten hours yet. On a Sunday too. With 57 votes, we already have 20 peopel not in favor of the ban. That is a lot of people. No matter what the end result is. I've already gotten my answers.
lol
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
It hasn't even been up for ten hours yet. On a Sunday too. With 57 votes, we already have 20 peopel not in favor of the ban. That is a lot of people. No matter what the end result is. I've already gotten my answers.
Your answers mean jack shit.

1) This poll is ridiculous
2) You can't get realistic results from any online poll.
3) Guess what's more than 20? 37.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I've already gotten my answers.
That 20 < majority?

Hmmm, this poll is almost like Bush's approval rating.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Who was the Machine? I think we need a coming-out-of-the-closet post.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Give him a chance to redeem himself!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cart was goaded into this "he asked to be banned" bs. He deserves another shot!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:This was kind of the end of it for me - until the shit I described above (which has also been outlined by several others) changes - I will show my distaste by no longer donating any money to VV. Say what you will.
If this place holds such a distaste for you why don't you leave now and never come back again! Again.

We'd miss you even less than we miss Cart. Which is to say not at all.

Of course feel free to reverse that and pwn me. I'm sure nobody would miss me if I left either. Point being I'm not whining about how the board is run. Or basically how it runs itself.

--
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

The polls should show WHO voted for which option. That way we can verify that all the voters are legit and not some 2nd, 3rd, 4th dummy accounts.

I always disliked how the votes were setup on this board.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Xanupox wrote:The polls should show WHO voted for which option. That way we can verify that all the voters are legit and not some 2nd, 3rd, 4th dummy accounts.

I always disliked how the votes were setup on this board.
I agree, no way 23 adults are that entertained by juvenile gutter humour...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

I hate the fact there is a hint of "you don't donate so stfu" going around here.

I disagree with cart's ban on the very general principle that we started this and have supported it with donations so everyone could come here and voice their opinion. No matter how vitriolic you get about "cart's an insane, autistic monkey that obviously is sexually repressed" you forget the fact we all came from a place that tried to control what we said. We didn't like it.

and before anyone bothers to go look, I've donated a few times over the years, be glad to do it in the future as long as i enjoy coming here to read other people's opinions about shit.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Xanupox wrote:The polls should show WHO voted for which option. That way we can verify that all the voters are legit and not some 2nd, 3rd, 4th dummy accounts.
Or at least we could tell who are the soft-skinned pussies who've scoffed at the core principles of this board... but then again, I already have a pretty good idea and not surprisingly, they are a majority!
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:This was kind of the end of it for me - until the shit I described above (which has also been outlined by several others) changes - I will show my distaste by no longer donating any money to VV. Say what you will.
If this place holds such a distaste for you why don't you leave now and never come back again! Again.

We'd miss you even less than we miss Cart. Which is to say not at all.

Of course feel free to reverse that and pwn me. I'm sure nobody would miss me if I left either. Point being I'm not whining about how the board is run. Or basically how it runs itself.
Oh I don't know - maybe I hope that eventually these people will realize that their opinions aren't any more important and don't hold any more weight than anyone else's and that maybe they shouldn't make people feel unwanted because they don't agree with them.

Maybe they also don't need to hide behind the "this is teh flamevault, thin skin pussy hahahahah!11" bullshit I get everytime I raise this point, because that response is just not good enough.

Maybe because without these peoples arrogant fucking bullshit I really enjoy these forums, there are a lot of intelligent people here that are well informed on an array of topics, and because many people here entertain me.

Take Cartalas for example - not even 3 weeks before he got banned he sent me a pm asking why I let people piss me off, and why I waste my time and energy making points to people who don't want to see them. He suggested I just bait them and piss them off every chance I get - which is what he did, and guess what - you all obviously played into what he wanted you too. You let him get under your skin, you let him offend you - and he rarely ever had to post more than one sentence to get you to do so.

My point is, it is very few peoples' attitudes that are fucking up this site for a fair amount of people. Granted those people are the popular ones here, and their voices are heard louder than most others (either because of their post volume, or just because) and I know that will more than likely not change - but those people need to come down off their pedestals and learn to shut the fuck up once in a while.

Not only that, but (let me beat the dead horse here for a minute too) banning him goes against why we fucking left IGN all those years ago, and Sylvus defending his logic and not listening to other people on the issue (other than the ones he wants to listen too, again) is very similar bullshit to what was going on there.

It boils down to three things there:
1- don't try and pull the shit about him violating our two rules, because fact of the matter is he did break them but if you are solely basing your opinion off of that there are plenty of other people that should be banned, after all - a rule is a rule.

2- If you want to pull the trolling card - there should also be a good handful of other people gone by now. And if you want to make the excuse of 1&2 combined - at very least kyoukan should be gone. But some people somehow see some value in her rabid bullshit, which leads me to

3- This shit is all a matter of opinion, and just because 15 or 20 of the most outspoken and popular people here couldn't stand him doesn't mean it ends there. I don't know how many registered users there are here, but it's a whole fuck of a lot more than 20 - and unless it was a unanymous (fairly sure I spelled that wrong) decision about him what happened should not have happened.

You can also try and say, "he asked to be banned" but (before I make this a point let me say I was always indifferent about Cart, and also by no way am I trying to make some kind of a martyr out of him) I am guessing he was probably sick of the double standard that was constantly showing it's ugly face here and just threw in the towel. Again you can try and say that Kyoukan actually contributes here which is why she is still around, BUT THAT IS A MATTER OF OPINION, just like Cart being entertaining is. And just because you run this fucking site doesn't give your opinion anymore fucking weight. Yeah there are a good handful of people that have probably donated more than me, but I think my 60 something dollars is probably a lot more than 95% of people here, and I would like to think that that does give my opinion at least a tiny bit of weight.

Anyhow, as you were. Now someone please completely miss any valid point I may have made here and call me a fucking retard (and any other names that come to mind) and tell me to shut the fuck up just because you don't like me (and completely miss the point, for the umpteenth time).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The general principle being that IGN basically killed the board where it was by retarded moderation. That is, threads being locked, posts being edited and people being banned left and right. Do you see any of that here? Nope. Just a single banning of a lame-brained retard which was enacted because he requested it. Well he got it. lol. Get over it already. The 'core principles of this board' are alive and well.

You guys need to come up with a new line because harping on the same ole 'omg you guys forgot why this board was founded!!" bullshit is getting old.

--