Then ban Me you fucking Pussy

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Then ban Me you fucking Pussy

Post by Cartalas »

To: Cartalas
Posted: April 5, 2007, 10:23 am
Subject: Alright, that's enough
I've gotten pm's from 5 different people who aren't even friendly with each other asking me to ban you in the last week. That's about 4 more than I usually get in any given week. Pretty much the only rules we have include "don't be a troll" and "don't make fun of rl pictures", and 99% (or more) of your posts are at least one of those things. I haven't banned you yet because it's just going to end up being a pain in my ass when people start bitching about being oppressed, but now it's getting to be a pain in my ass not banning you.

This is your last warning. Stop being a troll or I'm going to ban you.

Like I give a fuck, Veeshanvault has been dying a slow death anyways. Your little shitclan have run off all the worth while posters anyways. See ya folks have fun with your " OMG BUSH IS THE DEBIL THREADS"
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Catch you later!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

He's banned by the way. Feel free to get righteously indignant in this thread, tell me how you're going to leave, etc.

Celebration can also happen in this thread as well.

Go Blue!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

You dumbass. I offered you all kinds of cash, and other unmentionable things of pleasure to do this years ago (py too!).

Now you went and did it for free.

Oh well, I'm glad.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

/gets righteously indignant
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Can't say I'll miss him.

:lol:
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

About time IMO. That fucking twat needed a banning roughly the day after he registered.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

:vv_byewhore:
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Cancer has a cure.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Come on, somebody's got to be upset about this, right? Otherwise why did I wait so long??

Or is it that everyone who would have been upset has been driven away by my "little shitclan"?

Go Blue!
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

OMGZ! Like Freedomz of speech and shit! Sylvus you newb why did ju ban him! omgz..

/sarcasm off..
Timmah.

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

bah.

Cart was my only Phoenix Suns thread supporter!

While I don't support picture flames, Cartalas had plenty of funny lines.

Let him back in if he promises to only flame kyoukan!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Who bitched?!
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

If 5 people bitch about Kyoukan will you ban her too?
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I'm glad he's gone. He was an attention whore and this final drama-queen post is a perfect example.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Homercles wrote:If 5 people bitch about Kyoukan will you ban her too?
See, the thing there is, you can't bitch about someone that knows they're a bitch. Its like calling a dog a dog... it is what it is, and calling it a cat isn't going to change anything. Cartalas on the other hand didn't seem to realize he was a troll, or obnoxious as all hell.

Accepting what you are makes all the difference!

This post was really just to poke fun at Kyou... I don't mean to compare her to cute animals.... really!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I bitched 8)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

ImageImage
Last edited by Winnow on April 5, 2007, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Might end up as a double post since the board is acting screwy:

I never saw a picture of Dregor posted, so I never knew he was making fun of a pic of him in RL. I would be interested in knowing who called him on trolling threads as well. I would guess that a couple of them are people who tend to troll as well. They may have even been people who made fun of Kylere's real appearance (before he made the drastic changes :) ).While some of his posts may have been annoying, ignoring him never meant you missed something potentially useful.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well? Cart made stupid comments to get a rise out of people, but they were never anywhere near as ridiculously offensive as the shit she says in nearly every post she makes. Just curious.

Cart did what half of the people here do, he just did it in fewer, less thought out words.

P.S. - It's funny that someone that everyone wrote off as an idiot summed up nearly every post in the current events forum in the past year in one small sentence.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yeah that's really funny! :roll:

As for Kyoukan, well, would be no big loss for that fuckwit to be banned either.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I think a good point to make here is that you could easily get five votes to ban me, kyoukan or someone else but when it's put to a poll, you'll always get a majority of the people voting not to ban.

Track down the thread where someone posted a poll on whether or not to ban me. It didn't turn out too well although I'm sure at least five people hated me!

At most, these things should be temporary "cooling off" bans or something.

As it stands, it's like the seekrit final five cylons got Cart booted.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

We have Cylons?

Cart contributed what, one opinion, for every 20 flames?...And I am counting "blah blah blah blah" and "I make more money than you ever will" as opinion here...

I didn't complain, but his personal abuse of people really annoyed the hell out of me...Yeah others abuse each other at times but at least they contribute in meaningful ways on balance...
Last edited by Arborealus on April 6, 2007, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Everyone seems to miss something: He asked to be banned. Literally.

Acknowledge and move on.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Then ban Me you fucking Pussy

Post by Sargeras »

Cartalas wrote:Like I give a fuck, Veeshanvault has been dying a slow death anyways. Your little shitclan have run off all the worth while posters anyways. See ya folks have fun with your " OMG BUSH IS THE DEBIL THREADS"
Apparently, he did give a fuck.

I'm just curious as to who he was refering to as "worth while posters".
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Arborealus wrote:We have Cylons?
Well, there's no cylons but there are five members of VV from ign.com's staff yet to be discovered. Their goal is the eradication of free speech and the deletion of threads! They made VV's old home unlivable which is why we fled to this board on a journey to find the ultimate flame.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Shut the fuck up Winnow or I swear to christ i'm going to come straight over to whatever hills have eyes redneck shithole you call home and skullfuck you to death while simultaneously ringing your mother up, calling her over and making her drink your fucking girly dying yank tears before making her (at gunpoint) post an apology here on VV on behalf of her fuckwit dead son for posting 6 years worth of mentally disabled bullshittery. Then i will pull the trigger.

(Not the ultimate flame, but meh, I'm tired):twisted:
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Boogahz wrote:I never saw a picture of Dregor posted, so I never knew he was making fun of a pic of him in RL. I would be interested in knowing who called him on trolling threads as well. I would guess that a couple of them are people who tend to troll as well. They may have even been people who made fun of Kylere's real appearance (before he made the drastic changes :) ).While some of his posts may have been annoying, ignoring him never meant you missed something potentially useful.
FYI only one person here commented on Kylere's weight and that was Kyoukan...like four fucking years ago.... Get over it. I've never made fun of his appearance and I was one of ones who complained. He violated the RULES of the board on a DAILY basis. And as Aslanna said, he asked to be banned, so he made the decision to act like a 14 year old girl and throw a hissy rather than follow the rules.

And since I'm sure Cartalas is somehow still reading this thread (to see if anyone cares that he's gone, cause that's what attention-starved idiots do) I'd like to say

Lalanae
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Knocking out a few birds with one stone since the board is still hosed (and I'm still a whore).
Boogahz wrote:I never saw a picture of Dregor posted
Fan Faire galleries.
Funkmasterr wrote:
Well? Cart made stupid comments to get a rise out of people, but they were never anywhere near as ridiculously offensive as the shit she says in nearly every post she makes. Just curious.
Really? Kyoukan makes posts that are more offensive than violent sexual threats? Do you even read what you write?
Winnow wrote:I think a good point to make here is that you could easily get five votes to ban me, kyoukan or someone else but when it's put to a poll, you'll always get a majority of the people voting not to ban.
There's a big difference here. Sure there are days where you piss me the fuck off. But Cartalas never contributed anything to this forum. He just followed other members around and posted after any of their responses with the same crap. He brought down every thread he was involved in. 'You, Kyoukan, or anyone else' actually have thoughts and opinions on subjects, and you contribute. You can get away with some trolling here and there (and you do :p), but with him there was no balance.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Lalanae wrote:
Boogahz wrote:I never saw a picture of Dregor posted, so I never knew he was making fun of a pic of him in RL. I would be interested in knowing who called him on trolling threads as well. I would guess that a couple of them are people who tend to troll as well. They may have even been people who made fun of Kylere's real appearance (before he made the drastic changes :) ).While some of his posts may have been annoying, ignoring him never meant you missed something potentially useful.
FYI only one person here commented on Kylere's weight and that was Kyoukan...like four fucking years ago.... Get over it. I've never made fun of his appearance and I was one of ones who complained. He violated the RULES of the board on a DAILY basis. And as Aslanna said, he asked to be banned, so he made the decision to act like a 14 year old girl and throw a hissy rather than follow the rules.

And since I'm sure Cartalas is somehow still reading this thread (to see if anyone cares that he's gone, cause that's what attention-starved idiots do) I'd like to say

This is factually incorrect, there was a second rate enchanter that enfested both CT, screwed morale there up a little (admittedly at times it did not need help), and also infested this place. She decided to have a yuck fest at my personal appearance. Shrug, honestly at the time I cared less than I do now, and she was right. Uncalled for, but right. She was not banned, and if Midnights hate speech has not risen to a ban, nor has Kyoukans, or anyone elses here, neither has Carts. I refuse to defend Cart because he is Cartalas. But if we are banning people for being an ass here, or having 5 people not like them, then we had all better head the fuck home.

Give him a time out, 72 hours, 96 hours, even 120, but banning is against the very concept of VV. Besides which there are people in this thread who have contributed exactly the same level of input for a year and they are still here.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Meh board being wierd
Last edited by Kylere on April 6, 2007, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

No one is banning anyone for "being an ass"

I'll quote Sylvus for you as he summed it up precisely.
Pretty much the only rules we have include "don't be a troll" and "don't make fun of rl pictures", and 99% (or more) of your posts are at least one of those things.
Name one person who violates BOTH of those rules DAILY.
Lalanae
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kylere wrote: This is factually incorrect, there was a second rate enchanter that enfested both CT, screwed morale there up a little (admittedly at times it did not need help), and also infested this place. She decided to have a yuck fest at my personal appearance. Shrug, honestly at the time I cared less than I do now, and she was right. Uncalled for, but right. She was not banned, and if Midnights hate speech has not risen to a ban, nor has Kyoukans, or anyone elses here, neither has Carts. I refuse to defend Cart because he is Cartalas. But if we are banning people for being an ass here, or having 5 people not like them, then we had all better head the fuck home.

Give him a time out, 72 hours, 96 hours, even 120, but banning is against the very concept of VV. Besides which there are people in this thread who have contributed exactly the same level of input for a year and they are still here.
I was going to say earlier to let kylere make the call since he was the only other one to be "picture" attacked for appearance besides one other person which I'll get to later on in my post.

First, right or wrong, kylere used the negative comments made towards him as part of a catalyst for positive change. It's worth mentioning here that there's nothing wrong with someone who doesn't want to change either. It's their own life. but still, it ultimately was a positive thing.

Nick whines about about everything that doesn't have a peace symbol painted on the side of it so his PM complaint doesn't count. It's in his nature to protest and he was probably under the influence of a mind altering drug anyway. Ruling out Nick's PM, I'm betting the group of PMs received is a little more cliquish in composition. BTW, I don't have anything against Dregor either and the only fat thing I didn't like about him was his avatar screwing up margins back in the day! I met him at FF so I'm not talking out of my ass.

Something like this is best ruled upon by a peer and in this case, that's kylere since the same thing happened to him. His attacker, Shaerra, continued on to be a productive member of the board for several years, getting in multiple trek flames and producing quality haikus. Me, being a sci fi and comic book geek among other things (non of them having anything to do with being a pedo which people seem resort to right before quoting Hitler in the desperation flame attack category), was able to live in harmony with her on this board and, importantly, compartmentalize her likes and dislikes. It's worth mentioning that she was flamed in return for her appearance and managed not to cry about it and kept on swinging away on this board. For those that attacked her, an "eye for an eye" doesn't make it any more just. You did the same thing Cart got banned for.

A better example on this board would be religion. Normally religious wackos eventually lose their grip at the onslaught of logic bombs thrown their way by agnostics and atheists but that hasn't stopped Marbus and Adex from remaining active on the board and dealing with each topic by itself without taking into account beliefs. It's also commendable that they don't try and spread the word of god and get all freaky on the board. They focus their religious comments to religious threads the same as the agnostics and atheists do here and leave them there.

I think a change is in order. For the rare multiple personal attacks, timeout bans should be used but the only bannable offense should be blatant spamming of the board. I'm talking retarted shit, like ten posts in a row by the same poster (i'm not talking about my Suns thread!) that are directly trying to disrupt it without at least getting in a good flame. Weak one-liner retorts are acceptable or kyoukan would be banned for life so you can't go after Cart for those. The power cliqiè seems to side with kyoukan and has made her some sort of martyr for stupidity so she gets away with more than most and the people that have issues with her happen to fall outside that special group of fraternal weaksauce so nothing would ever be done anyway...and it shouldn't be. I understand the need for at least a tiny sense of order here because this still remains a place for old friends to socialize and that's rare these days. ...and don't tell me MySpace can do that. There's a lot of great info shared on this board in a wide variety of categories. The bulk of the flames stay in current and general topics for the most part with some longstanding battles that take place in other forums but they don't come close to overrunning those forums.

I think Cart had the well being of VV in mind when he did this, trying to point out that a small change was needed on VV and that sometimes, people might even want a time-out and fire off a flame that gives them time to go enjoy a vacation and come back refreshed. Cart sacrificed himself in the hope that it would help the board see the light...now he needs resurrecting much like Jesus did...if you love Jesus, you know what the right decision is here...and if you don't love Jesus, then you should be wise enough to do the right thing anyway!

I say, put permanent bannings to a vote and give mods "special" power to enact time-out bans (a progressive 7 day, 30 day, 90 day, three strikes type setup) without need for discussion as long as the offense is made clear.

I'm sure the cliquè has some seekrit forum or other place to give each other Jack Handy hugs and support so that's not needed here. Lets keep the legacy of VV in tact!
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

We have a rule against trolling now?? I thought that was some kind of VV national sport?

I'm for a time-out myself, not a perma-ban.

Varia
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Short of advertising spammers, I don't think anyone should be banned.

If you pay an attention whore some attention, they will continue to whore that attention.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I don't think it's right for him to be banned. Just because you don't like some of the things he might say doesn't mean it's right to sensor him from ever being heard. Not cool.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

What isn't cool is the fact that he attacked people on a daily basis.
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Just curious, but don't we have the ignore button to avoid having to ban people? If 5 people wanted him banned bad enough to write a PM, wouldn't it have been quicker and easier to just click ignore?
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I guarantee you there are more than 5 people that want him banned.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

I am not shedding a tear over it. There are others here that are just as bad but are liked. I could care less either way and could provide arguments for both side of the fence. Bottom line, this is "Flame Vault" and there is a certain unspoken creed that goes on here. There has always been a target for hate here and most of them have been driven off or died. The funny thing is, I think most of us have matured to the point where none of it matters anymore and we just enjoy coming together and shooting the shit. It's like one big disfunctional family that will always have it's outcasts.

If it was my decision, I would take away his posting privlages but not ban him. Kind of like putting a muzzle on a biting dog. However, I support the admin decisions because there are always things that are not public knowledge that help them make those decisions.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

For those arguing "Why not ban Kyoukan if 5 of us ask for it?", think about this. Like or hate Kyoukan, she contributes to discussions here. I think this thread is the only time in the history of VV that Cartalas has contributed something towards a conversation ;)
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Kryshade wrote:Just curious, but don't we have the ignore button to avoid having to ban people? If 5 people wanted him banned bad enough to write a PM, wouldn't it have been quicker and easier to just click ignore?
Logic and common sense. It's so refreshing to hear it.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Aslanna wrote:Everyone seems to miss something: He asked to be banned. Literally.

Acknowledge and move on.
:vv_yeahthat:

I told him to stop continuously violating the rules or he would be banned. He said "then ban me you fucking pussy". I complied. This board is 4 or 5 years old, you know how many people with more than 10 posts have been perma-banned? One, cartalas. And he asked me to do it.

I guarantee that in a week or so, no one is going to even notice that he's gone. Except in the capacity of being like "hey, did that fart smell go away? the air here seems really fresh!"

Go Blue!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm against perma bans on general principle. That is what the ignore function is for. However, this is a rare occassion where it was completely warrented. He asked for it and apparently dosen't even care. He has no right to complain, nor do people that wish him back.

I do think it's funny that people can argue/discuss the point of this banning, but no one is saying they actually want him back :)

And Winnow, you give him far too much credit.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

He asked for a ban in a flame sort of way after receiving a warning. You people make it seem like just came out and asked for one. He was threatened with one. I hope you can see the difference and circumstances.

I'll defend 99% of the people on this board if they get banned because that's not part of what VV is. Cart just happened to annoy the set of people with behind the scenes powah.

A temporary ban makes sense, not a permanent one.

If you have an issue with someone on VV let me remind you...this is a flame board people...use your flame skills...it takes a little more talent than hitting an ignore or ban button. That's the easy way out and is caving to the minority's will.

This board will get boring fast. Cart wasn't the first one to get banned on this board and he's not going to apologize to make those people that want to play god feel better.

Sylvus has some of the best flame skills on the board and can defend himself with ease. I have no doubt about that. For those that complained about Cart, with this being a flame board, the two primary options should be to flame back or to ignore the "offending" poster. A three strike time-ban policy is fair enough. 7 day, 30, and 90. It's not going to hurt anyone to give some chances.

It's lame I tell you...LAME! I can rattle off people on this board that have booted me from guilds, played the pedo card, threatened PK IRL in the past, and yet we get along today. I didn't cry. I flamed back and it all eventually worked out similar to having angry sex. Some of you need to have angry sex with Cart.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:He asked for a ban in a flame sort of way after receiving a warning. You people make it seem like just came out and asked for one. He was threatened with one. I hope you can see the difference and circumstances.
Nope. I don't. He got what he wanted. Case closed. Move on already. He's no martyr.

This place will get boring fast without Cartalas? Oh please.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I agree with Aslanna's last post.. He asked for it. Now wheither he was doing that because he was trying to act "cool" or something, who knows. But that fact is that rather than responding to a PM and saying, he would try to be different or even saying FU! he posted it on a thread to get attention and challenge Sylvus, trying to get banned. He got his wish, case closed...

Marb
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It was a "heat of the moment" response!

Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

This thread will die a natural death in a couple of days. In a couple of weeks it will be like he was never here.

If you really miss his shit that much, I can set up a bot to randomly post inane insults at random.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

No one is saying 'bring back Cart!'. They're saying, 'don't ban people'.