Then ban Me you fucking Pussy

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

Sylvus wrote:No one got banned for calling atokal a child molestor because it was in direct response to him either calling noel a cyber rapist or violating the same rules that cartalas did. Plus it wasn't a fucking attack on his picture.

In 5 minutes of searching I've found over 100 instances of cartalas calling dregor and kylere fat, as well as making fun of miir's wife's appearance in a picture that he posted. I'm sure there are even more than that, if I had the time and interest in searching for more. There were also a large number of homophobic posts that I think were directed at actual homosexuals but quotes don't show up in a search (as well as cartalas never entirely grasping the quote function) so I can't be certain who they were directed at. I'm not even sure if that's a no-no, as it isn't an attack on RL pictures, but it's another speeding ticket added onto his vehicular manslaughter charges nonetheless.

None of that really matters though because it wasn't the only reason he was banned. It was hardly even the main reason, though it was a bannable offense. He was banned because he was totally worthless, he was the biggest offender of the RL picture rule and because he challenged me to do it.

I am by no means encouraging people to stop attacking one another, no one ever has been. The rule about RL pictures has been in place since the first picture thread was ever posted, and it's probably because it's the main thing that has absolutely no impact on a group of what were once strangers interacting electronically through faceless computers. The rule was put in place because people wanted to get to know others better and see what they looked like, and that's difficult to get people to do if others are going to use the pictures as fuel for flames. When you're among a collection of minds detached from their bodies, the only things you should be making fun of are behaviors, actions, beliefs and intelligence.

Resorting to attacks on someone being fat or short or ugly or whatever is busch league and you should probably work on your game before you bring that shit around here. Or at least make it funny and use it (infrequently) in a flame war, rather than just following someone around doing it all the time, even doing it when the person hasn't even posted in a thread. Or use it in retaliation to a specific insult someone used on you. People are acting like 30 people in an imaginary fnord have been running around making personal attacks on people's appearance forever, and cartalas made one comment and was banned. That's not even close to the truth, in fact the truth is pretty much the opposite of that.

Cut the shit about the fnord or whatever, if I banned people because my friends asked me to, there'd be about 20 fewer people on this board. And Cartalas would have been banned 1000 times over the last 5 years. If I banned people because they had opinions that differed than mine or leaned a different way politically, about half the people that have posted on this page would have been banned long ago.

No one else on this board has anything to worry about unless they are completely worthless, continuously break the rules, and challenge me to ban them. With cartalas gone, there isn't even anyone here that I would call worthless anymore, not even people like Midnyte whose opinions I almost always disagree with and often cannot fathom. Skewed as it may be, at least he's posting an opinion.
Thank god it only took 6 pages to finially get this out.

My eyes hurt.
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The one week anniversary of Cart's banning is coming up in a few days.

I recommend raising the cyber rage alert level on VV to orange!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

:vv_nyd:
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
With cartalas gone, there isn't even anyone here that I would call worthless anymore, not even people like Midnyte whose opinions I almost always disagree with and often cannot fathom. Skewed as it may be, at least he's posting an opinion.
Thanks Sylvus. I'm blushing a bit. I'm sending you a quarter via paypal for a virtual moustache ride.
Now that was funny.

You've made me want to do you bodily harm on MANY occasions Mid, but I agree with everything Sylvus said. You're not just posting diarrhea.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

noel wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
With cartalas gone, there isn't even anyone here that I would call worthless anymore, not even people like Midnyte whose opinions I almost always disagree with and often cannot fathom. Skewed as it may be, at least he's posting an opinion.
Thanks Sylvus. I'm blushing a bit. I'm sending you a quarter via paypal for a virtual moustache ride.
Now that was funny.

You've made me want to do you bodily harm on MANY occasions Mid, but I agree with everything Sylvus said. You're not just posting diarrhea.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

One thing is certain though, i NEVER thought anyone from the oldschool veeshancrew, (when we began playing and experienced lvl 50 together) would ever get banned.

People change.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:One thing is certain though, i NEVER thought anyone from the oldschool veeshancrew, (when we began playing and experienced lvl 50 together) would ever get banned.

People change.
No they don't. Cartalas was always fucking worthless.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

LOL my gre scores impressed me!! Man, what age are you?

Last time I bragged about my SAT scores I was 18.

Last time anyone should brag about standardized testing results is 18.

The rest of us have accomplishments and no longer need test scores.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Kylere wrote:LOL my gre scores impressed me!! Man, what age are you?

Last time I bragged about my SAT scores I was 18.

Last time anyone should brag about standardized testing results is 18.

The rest of us have accomplishments and no longer need test scores.
You really don't like it when people use words you have to look up in the dictionary do ya?...:)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:One thing is certain though, i NEVER thought anyone from the oldschool veeshancrew, (when we began playing and experienced lvl 50 together) would ever get banned.

People change.
Cartalas has been a worthless, annoying piece of shit on these forums for over 4 years. He didn't want to change, so he got banned.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

one time cartalas reported me in eq and then the guide came and hung out with me and aeromancer in karnors
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Kyle wrote:Last time anyone should brag about standardized testing results is 18.
While I agree that internet cock-jousting about standardized tests is lame as hell (unless anyone wants to cock-joust!!!), most people take the GRE's at 22+, so it's hard to brag about them at 18 :cry: Or maybe you mean that it's never acceptable to brag about GRE scores, since you take them post-18, in which case I say fair point, sir. That said, Arb is a smart dude.

Got a question for those of you who are pro-ban, and please keep in mind that I won't miss Cartalas and have no problem with Sylvus banning him, even though it's not what I would have done:

Did he really cause you even an iota of grief or unhappiness or whatever? I think he actually did have a net positive impact on me, because I enjoyed his posts in Winnow's Suns thread (which I read) and just slid right by his other posts. What is it about him that actually caused the rest of you to experience something negative? Did his insults ever actually get to you and make you upset? Did his mere existence provoke some kind of negative emotional reaction? Did people (Kyou's the only legitimate person I can think of for this category) actually feel threatened by him? Was it simply the time you wasted reading/skipping his posts?

I only ask because it's hard for me to imagine someone getting so worked up over an internet troll that they actually begin to care that he exists, which seems to have happened here. Why?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah I was totally threatened by him for sure.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

i am kind of threatening with my fatty cheeks
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Luvin' that pic Ivan Strago! :razz:
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

adding my worthless post before this gem of a thread gets locked
Ennia Morricone
Everfrost
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:i am kind of threatening with my fatty cheeks
Can you get banned for making fun of your own RL picture?!?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Well for me it was pretty simple. For about 2 weeks straight nearly every thread I visited seemed to be being shitted up Cartalas so I just sent Sylvus a pm going "can we just ban him? he's being a tool." All in all I gave it about 15 seconds thought and I stand by it still. He's a twat. What part of this is hard to understand? It was not exactly "crying to a mod" or getting "emotionally injured" as some would paint it.

Sueven, as for asking whether anyone thinks Cartalas was an asset to their VV experience I recommend rereading the thread since the answer is in nearly every post.

Anyway, discussing this further is fucking retarded so I'll stop.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Can't you give access for individual forums? It seems most of the complainers don't even go to the sports forum.
Badabidi
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: DaveShapelle

Post by Badabidi »

How long ago was Searyx banned?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I thought he wasn't banned, I though he left on his own accord.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

I love this thread, we need to find a topic that pisses this many people off every week so we can get back to the old days of the 20 page posts that made it so easy to make it through the work day.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:are you calling me fat
Just sayin'

Cheeks you wanna grab and go "goony woogy goo!" :twisted:

Stargi r0ckz!
i could benchpress you np np
Uh-oh, them's fighting' words!

Now it's ON bro! :twisted:
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

He's gonna unleash his KwonFu!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Winnow wrote:Can't you give access for individual forums? It seems most of the complainers don't even go to the sports forum.
Winnow just misses the only person that actually cared about that Phoenix Suns thread. :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

This thread is the only thing Cart ever contributed, which at 7 pages and counting is pretty good!
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

What is funny is that Cart is now the most effective troll in VV history.

Ever heard the expression, "Don't Feed the Trolls!"

kthx drive thru, 'cause I bet he is off strokin' his harbl now.

Oh yeah and the point was bragging about those scores is pathetic, I called my Mom (since only your mom should care) and my SAT score was 1520 so I am not a genius, I must just test well. I remember thinking that meant something then. But that was 19 years ago, and I knew next to nothing then by comparison to now. Hell I was a republican then, so you know any moron can pull a high standardized testing score.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

SAT scores don't tell whether someone is uber intelligent or not, but rather they have the potential to be. With that high of a score Ky, you have the potential to be very intelligent. I tested at a mere 1180 back in highschool.
a_guide
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by a_guide »

Creepy we got the same score. I did well except in the math, I really hate math. I almost aced the English portion though LoL I got so stressed about that test back in the day and it done absolutely nothing to affect my future.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Kylere wrote:What is funny is that Cart is now the most effective troll in VV history.

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding

Winnow's posts in the PS3 thread are trolls.
Midnyte's posts in the CE forum are trolls.
My posts in the WOW forum are trolls.

Stalking posters from thread to thread, insulting their physical appearance, heritage and gender is anything but trolling.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
Kylere wrote:What is funny is that Cart is now the most effective troll in VV history.

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding

Winnow's posts in the PS3 thread are trolls.
Midnyte's posts in the CE forum are trolls.
My posts in the WOW forum are trolls.

Stalking posters from thread to thread, insulting their physical appearance, heritage and gender is anything but trolling.
Very rarely is my intent to troll. I have a strong opinions that differs greatly than the majority of posters of social topics who frequent this board.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Kylere wrote:Oh yeah and the point was bragging about those scores is pathetic, I called my Mom (since only your mom should care) and my SAT score was 1520 so I am not a genius, I must just test well. I remember thinking that meant something then. But that was 19 years ago, and I knew next to nothing then by comparison to now. Hell I was a republican then, so you know any moron can pull a high standardized testing score.
I think you missed the point of Arb mentioning his GRE scores. You accused him of lacking facility with English grammar, he merely pointed out about the only metric an adult has for determining their aptitude in said area. The GRE is the graduate school school admissions test, which you take after you've already finished your 4-year degree.

I have trouble believing that you got a 1520 on your SAT. At the time you (and I) took it, it was scored out of a possible 1600. Harvard's average score for admission was 1400, and only 7 out of 1,000,000 people scored a 1580. Either you're full of shit, or you appear to have regressed in the last 15 or 20 years.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

You are saying Kylere looks stupid? Inc PM for ban request.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Sylvus wrote:
Kylere wrote:Oh yeah and the point was bragging about those scores is pathetic, I called my Mom (since only your mom should care) and my SAT score was 1520 so I am not a genius, I must just test well. I remember thinking that meant something then. But that was 19 years ago, and I knew next to nothing then by comparison to now. Hell I was a republican then, so you know any moron can pull a high standardized testing score.
I think you missed the point of Arb mentioning his GRE scores. You accused him of lacking facility with English grammar, he merely pointed out about the only metric an adult has for determining their aptitude in said area. The GRE is the graduate school school admissions test, which you take after you've already finished your 4-year degree.

I have trouble believing that you got a 1520 on your SAT. At the time you (and I) took it, it was scored out of a possible 1600. Harvard's average score for admission was 1400, and only 7 out of 1,000,000 people scored a 1580. Either you're full of shit, or you appear to have regressed in the last 15 or 20 years.
I scored a 1550 in 1988 and never got a degree. :( I am teh suck
Sabek
Just Sabek
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Searyx was never banned. As bad as he was, at least he posted actual content occasionally, even if it was shitty anime.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

a_guide makes me horny.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Just sayin'

Stargi r0ckz!

I could bench press you and stragi as a sandwich!
Fortune favors the brave!
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

If people do not know what to expect on this forum by now then they are fucking idiots.

As long as people do not just spam really idiotic shit then I do not think anyone should really be banned here. I mean damn, each person lost is a link broken that can never be reforged in this community.

New people do not really come into it, just old people leaving.

Cart is weird at times, and can be a crazy ass at times but I do not think he should be banned.... I dont think anyone should really be banned from here, because I think everyone has been an ass at one time or another and well... if it only took 5 haters, then I think we could prolly ban everyone here.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tegellan wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Just sayin'

Stargi r0ckz!

I could bench press you and stragi as a sandwich!

OH YEAH?? WHATS YOUR MAX?!ONE!!!

I BET YOU CANT EVEN PRESS 120 KG for 40 reps!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

hmmm, never tried it that many times I must admit.

Can you do it 40 times?
Fortune favors the brave!
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Sylvus wrote:

I didn't brag about my scores I didn't even post them...I was comparing relative aptitude. Which does stay pretty stable over time on the GRE since it is a terminal test.

If ya like I'll post up one of my published articles and you can read and critique that for grammar...:) pick a number between 1 and 167...They are pretty fun reading if you are interested in the Exner System Rorschach...John bought me cocktails at SPA. I suspect that was mostly so he could bum smokes though.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I have been having trouble falling asleep lately....so post away with them.

Or you could do something useful and do a study of southwest Ohio creeks and rivers and show me detailed depth and structure charts.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

According to the test scores I've seen thrown out here, VeeshanVault features eight of the top ten minds in the entire world. We're missing a kid genius from China and maybe one from a small island in the south pacific.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Winnow wrote:According to the test scores I've seen thrown out here, VeeshanVault features eight of the top ten minds in the entire world. We're missing a kid genius from China and maybe one from a small island in the south pacific.
Actually im an alien so 8 of the top10 minds in the world, and 1 of the top 3 minds in the universe. :D
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tegellan wrote:hmmm, never tried it that many times I must admit.

Can you do it 40 times?
Nah, just 25-30, after that i start getting lactic acid :D

But dont tell anyone! ;P
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Cartalas's greatest contribution to this community was starting a ten page bitch fest when he died to a FOH Ixblat pull because he was too stupid to get out of the way. Its been all downhill from there.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

According to the test scores I've seen thrown out here, VeeshanVault features eight of the top ten minds in the entire world. We're missing a kid genius from China and maybe one from a small island in the south pacific.
And I bet they all have 10+ inch cocks too!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Tyek wrote:
And I bet they all have 10+ inch cocks too!
Mine is only 9.5 :(

Or were you talking turgid?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

pick a number between 1 and 167
turgid
What a glorious word
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Sueven wrote:
pick a number between 1 and 167
turgid
What a glorious word
Differential response to soiled and stained stimulus plates :--a Rorschach study /--by Paul Allen Dunn. (1992)

* Dunn,
* Paul Allen,
* --1968-

Abstract
Vita.. Thesis (M. S.) -- Northeast Louisiana University, 1992.. Bibliography : leaves 25-27.

Publication details
Repository OCLC's Experimental Thesis Catalog (United States)
Keywords Rorschach Test., Stimulus perception.