i got a question (FAO: Thess-whore)

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

mageez
No Stars!

i got a question (FAO: Thess-whore)

Post by mageez »

did you give your droppable loot back to the CT bank?

just curious. :roll:
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Yes - When I left - I handed them in.

When it was decided by the officers of the guild that they were going to disband - I got them back.

Since CT is trying to get back on it's feet - I gave my legs to the guild - it is not an issue.

As to a BoC - I didn't have one.
Last edited by Thess on December 25, 2002, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

why are you even justifying this pussy anon ass bandit with a response
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Really Thess, I sure wouldn't. Thruthfully, I would keep the loot, but then again, I'm a loot whore. You earned it afterall.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

hahhahhahahaha.

Keep the shit you EARNED, Thess.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: i got a question (FAO: Thess-whore)

Post by noel »

mageez wrote:did you give your droppable loot back to the CT bank?

Go back to choking on cock... Raise your head again and I'll cut it off.

Merry Christmas.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

If I was leaving the game I might pass stuff on, depending on circumstance and who was around, but just leaving a guild then heck no. I work for my toys, and where I go they go, unless something is specificly designated as guild loot on loan when its issued to me. Deal.

Kyoukan has a point though- Thess shouldnt have dignified this anon weenie with a reply. You wanna ask a loaded question then show your face, pissante.

*Hugs*
Varia
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

Xou, anything on the anon fucktard?
Ulvian
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ulvian »

You got to fucking know its some level 51 retarded RL friend of some new CT member who is all pissy about Thess leaving, and talking shit about someone they dont even know all that well.

People you need to fucking wake up, leading, especially a guild which has issues to be worked out IS WORSE than a full time job with shitty insurance...its a full time job for which you pay for, and is located within a game which you are supposed to play for fun...

Thess, its a very nice gesture of you to hand in the legs into the guild, but honestly...you did earn them...and CT can take down AoW again...so all what will happen to them is being fed to someone's gimp or maybe even the bazaar.

As for anon...yeah asshole, post under your character name if you are going to vomit up a pool of crap onto the boards about someone who has been playing Veeshan since before the day mom and dad forgot to use a condom...Aka: Conception date for fucktards.
-The shortest way to someone's heart is trough a boot in their ass.
-I am the prodigal who will not succumb.
-Im in the mood for something strong, Im in a mood for total war.
-Break the glass with my fist and watch the blood drip onto the floor.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

CT also gave me almost every other peice of gear I have on me.

I have always said this about tradeable loot - it should go back to the guild when you leave.
Dula Allazaward
Gets Around
Gets Around

Re: .

Post by Dula Allazaward »

Thess wrote:CT also gave me almost every other peice of gear I have on me.

I have always said this about tradeable loot - it should go back to the guild when you leave.
Why?

Did you just sit back and watch the guild kill the mob that dropped your loot?

When you logged in at the begining of your play time CT members came to you and said here Thess take this?

Is the person that inherits your items, as equally deserving of them?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then I would have to agree with your decision.

I am sure that the answers to these questions is most likely no. Best bet is that you deserved and earned your droppable loot.

If any member of my guild were to leave for whatever reasons they may have. I would never ask them to give back to the guild what was awarded to them. It would of never been given to them if they hadn't earned it to begin with. If it was on loan, now thats a different story.

Just my 2cents worth

Dula Allazaward
Lvl 63 High Priestess
Leader of the Azure Guard
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Unless gear is classified as "guild-gear" you should keep it. I know we talked before about what should happen to gear... just seems fair if you are awarded something, you should keep it. And for this thread starter---go fuck yerself you petty maggot. Merry Christmas.
en kærlighed småkager
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

All gear you get on a guild raid is guild gear. Droppables should at least be OFFERED to the guild. Whether they decide they want them or will allow you to continue to use them is up to the guild. Bottom line is, you wouldn't have ANY of it without the guild. Anyone who thinks they own or deserve to keep their droppable loot when they leave a guild or quit EQ is a selfish little shit and probably destined for ebay.
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: i got a question (FAO: Thess-whore)

Post by Cotto »

mageez wrote:did you give your droppable loot back to the CT bank?

Hi, no balls!
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

out this fucker too please, Xou.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Bottom line is, you wouldn't have ANY of it without the guild.
And the guild wouldn't have shit if it weren't for the people showing up on the raids. People don't play EverQuest to fill a guild bank gimp.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

CT most likely has a similiar rule to Pravus. ALL droppable loot goes back to the guild if you leave, and this is announced after every raid where droppable loot is given out. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it is told to the people getting the loot...now if the officers and stuff never made a rule like that and tried to take loot back, fuck them.
Gurugurumaki
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Gurugurumaki »

"Since CT is trying to get back on it's feet - I gave my legs to the guild - it is not an issue."

Rook for the regs to be Ebayed(prayerauction) by the nexts incumbent CT officer. Thx rear rife monies Uu~
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Siji wrote:
And the guild wouldn't have shit if it weren't for the people showing up on the raids. People don't play EverQuest to fill a guild bank gimp.
The guild would be there without you. One person doesn't make or break any guild. I doubt I'll ever be able to explain this to a clueless gimp like you, though. Suffice it to say, your selfish and greedy attitude is what keeps you out of a real guild.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Karae wrote:
Siji wrote:
The guild would be there without you. One person doesn't make or break any guild. I doubt I'll ever be able to explain this to a clueless gimp like you, though. Suffice it to say, your selfish and greedy attitude is what keeps you out of a real guild.

I think the main point of the gripers on this thread it that Thess screamed and howled about people leaving the guild and not giving items back in the past. I don't see a problem with people keeping what they have for the most part as you never know what will happen to the guild...a perfect example being Celestial Tomb's collapse after a turnover in leadership. Do people apply for FoH naked? (don't answer that)
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

What the fuck does Thess have to do with my post? Stop trying to stir up drama. And FYI, people apply to FoH naked. Ever heard of a server transfer? People on Veeshan may as well apply naked since they all have shit gear that will be replaced in a month. Don't bother posting your magelo please.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Damn Karae, I figured even you'd have the brain power to know I wouldn't be talking about obvious naked server transfers.

Chill out on the Thess defense skippy. Like it or not, this is a Thess thread...check the title. She defends herself just fine in /tells so take it easy. Skip over the immediate impulse to post a flame if Thess' name is mentioned and you'll see I wasn't flaming her in this.

You're the ugliest person I've "debated" on the Vault. All the other people that hate me are better looking. :shock:
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

None of my posts have had anything to do with defending Thess. Work on the reading comprehension.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

winnow has just claimed the title of new board troll....grats i guess.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Looked to me like I had a point and an example before the trolling started as with most threads.
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Winnow wrote:Looked to me like I had a point and an example before the trolling started as with most threads.
Well you're living in a delusional fantasy world, if that's what you saw.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I have to agree with Karae on this. When I quit months ago I gave everything I had back to the guild. I never would of earned if not for them so it should stay in their hands. Now I never had anything really amazing but the point still stands.

Deward
mageez
No Stars!

Post by mageez »

thess is but a shit-stain in the underwear known as norrath
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Well then, fuck off you anon dipshit.
en kærlighed småkager
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Guilds have their policies on equipment. if you dont like their policy on loot awards, dont accept the fucking loot or just leave the guild and join one that has a policy you can live with without creating a bitch fest every 2 seconds.

seems to me that Thess' behavior was consistent with her guild's policy on loot.

i tend to agree with Karae's line of thinking that raid loot is guild property. I also think there are situations where people are justified in taking droppable loot with them if they leave a guild. As to this thread, i'm not in CT so it is none of my fucking business.

I'm also not a dickless anon fucktard. Pyronius' brother or something still making the evil posts? what a dipshit.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Yup, whichever policy your guild has is the one you should adhere to. If you don't agree with loot policy, try and change it, if that doesn't work? well, there's the door.

I like the "all droppable loot belongs to the guild"-chain of thought ... although it does make it morally difficult for people to live off playerauctions, doesn't it?
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Vippa
No Stars!

Post by Vippa »

Much H8 to the anon pos.

hugz
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

In most cases this isn't much of a big deal anyway. Most loot isn't droppable. Loot is outdated quickly. I don't see anyone fighting over Yaks.

Unless someone is awarded a nice droppable loot and deguilds the next day to join another guild then the only thing it really impacts are the flames on this message board.

It should be a non factor either way. The top guilds are loot factories. I suppose SOE could make everything droppable and add recommended levels to older items as well and we could do the naked thing when leaving guilds. In real life, I don't see people changing jobs giving back their houses that the job helped them purchase. How many of you have switched jobs IRL? Did you give back all the things you bought from the money you earned in that job? (earned is the key word...applies to a guild as well. you earned it)
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

(_)_)|||||||)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Winnow wrote: In real life, I don't see people changing jobs giving back their houses that the job helped them purchase. How many of you have switched jobs IRL? Did you give back all the things you bought from the money you earned in that job? (earned is the key word...applies to a guild as well. you earned it)
Using your own analogy, you have destroyed your argument. No one is being asked to give back anything they were able to purchase while reaping the rewards of being in a guild. Armor and weapons and assorted items that characters are awarded allows them the freedom to NOT have to buy those items or scrounge in groups to equip themselves. They are then free to use PP they make to spend as they please. Characters are equipped by the guild so that the guild as a collective can advance. When you leave, you return what people in that guild would still use.

As an example, let me say that I had an AoW mask awarded to me by the guild. This saves me from spending 60k pp on buying an Amy mask or something along those lines. With the 60k I buy a Fungi tunic. When I leave the guild, I would be returning the AoW mask, but not the Fungi that I bought with money I earned. It is pretty simple really. If you don't understand the concept, then the chances are you are not a team player to start with. If you leave on your own, I don't see how you could have any arguments about it. If you are booted out....then there might be some disagreements on how ot handle things :?
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Boy am I glad all my shit is nodrop.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

do my benefits at work = loot?

well if at the start of 2003, i took all 3 weeks of my vacation, then quit my job, my company would enter my bank account and suck that vacation back in the form of money. I also would not get all of my stock options, as they are not fully vested, nor my full 401k match. not to bog down this business metaphor with minutia, but you could view it any number of ways.

the bottom line is a guild is free to do whatever it wants regarding its loot policies, whether they set it up like a business or not. that is obviously the responsibility of the leadership to communicate with the members, but if the members dont agree with the policy, as drolgin said, they should either work to change it or gtfo.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Seriously. Just follow the terms of the guild as you agree to it upon becoming a member. If you don't agree, either try to change opinion to your point of view or leave. If there is no such policy in place, keep the stuff.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

(_)_)||||||||) ~ ~ ~ *Winnow* <(*o*)>
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Let me weigh in here ( since someone brought up my weight in another thread heh).

I hate much of what has happened to CT. But I seriously hate the cocksucking motherfucking anon babyass bitches who posted here.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvos wrote:(_)_)||||||||) ~ ~ ~ *Winnow* <(*o*)>
hello. phone sex is evil but I'm different! : D
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Suffice it to say, your selfish and greedy attitude is what keeps you out of a real guild.
People like you make me laugh. I've never expressed interest in your guild or one like it and yet you tell me I'm being kept out of one. Anyone willing to give up large amounts of time and dedicate it all to EverQuest can be in what you call a "real guild". It's not like it's some amazing sekrit fucking recipe.

As for me being greedy and selfish, you don't know me. You've never met me. You've never encountered me in game and you don't have the foggiest fucking clue if I'm selfish or greedy. I've given away far more items to others than I've received from anywhere. If that makes me greedy and selfish, then perhaps you're right. Either way, your opinion is about as meaningful as a ripped condom.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

in other words you dont know what you are talking about?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Of course go by the guild's policy. My post was discussing the options not arguing set rules already in place.

"Using your own analogy, you have destroyed your argument. No one is being asked to give back anything they were able to purchase while reaping the rewards of being in a guild"
-Kilmoll

The analogy remains valid. If your job paid you in material things instead of money you'd get the point. Say your paycheck is your clothes and shelter. You leave your job because of one of many reasons...available time, changing locations, leave of absence...do you give back your clothes and house? The fungi tunic you're referring to is earned from XP loot/PP I would assume. The guild supports its DOT needs etc from sold loot and gems which you also help get.

I understand that the guild allows you to do what you wouldn't be able to do alone. One person does not make a difference with the current thinking. I'd argue against that although one person is easily replaced. But in the job analogy, they do owe you for being part of their company and contributing to its success. They owe you nothing when you leave as they've compensated you while you worked there. They don't say, "thanks, now give me back the house you earned by creating that killer ad campaign that made us XX dollars" or "give me back that watch we gave you on your 25th aniversary"
Jugata
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Jugata »

Winnow, guildloot isnt your fucking house. Guildloot is that P4 2.5gig laptop that your work gave you to do your work and they want it back if you leave. The house is nodrop loot.
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Winnow wrote:In most cases this isn't much of a big deal anyway. Most loot isn't droppable. Loot is outdated quickly. I don't see anyone fighting over Yaks.

Unless someone is awarded a nice droppable loot and deguilds the next day to join another guild then the only thing it really impacts are the flames on this message board.

It should be a non factor either way. The top guilds are loot factories. I suppose SOE could make everything droppable and add recommended levels to older items as well and we could do the naked thing when leaving guilds. In real life, I don't see people changing jobs giving back their houses that the job helped them purchase. How many of you have switched jobs IRL? Did you give back all the things you bought from the money you earned in that job? (earned is the key word...applies to a guild as well. you earned it)
When you quit your job, do you get to keep the computer you used at work? The desk? The office? I didn't think so. STFU idiot. You don't keep ANYTHING they give you to do your job. Even your own example proves me right.
Last edited by Karae on December 27, 2002, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

HOLY SHIT IS THE CONCEPT OF AN ANALOGY LOST ON SOME PEOPLE

LET IT GO CHRIST

STOP THE MADNESS OR I WILL SERIOUSLY START KILLING PEOPLE WITH A RUSTY POGO STICK.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That's another way to look at it Teurde. I'll argue your side : ) If all loot was droppable would you give everything back?

Your spells and such obtained from raids could also be considered unless you delete them out of your spellbook. I suppose you could also relate guild awarded items to leasing. The guild leases you an item and you turn it in and get a new model every so often.

How did CT's coffers fair from the mass exodus? Anyone still in CT have a tally of droppable loot that members gave back?
Last edited by Winnow on December 27, 2002, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If a guild was a huge bowl of jello with the bowl itself being the members and the jello the loot and the little fruit chunks being the droppable loot... would it not make sense to try and get those little fruit chunks to the top of the bowl or stuck on the bottom because just sitting there in the middle like that they aren't doing anything and if another guild was a spoon you'd have a better chance of keeping the fruit chunks if they were at the very bottom...especially if the spoon was a short spoon...this is regardless of whether the incoming spoon is round or if it's like one of those slurpee straw spoons where it's difficult to scoop anything out without it falling back into the bowl...if you can step back a sec and visualize the bowl of jello being contained in a slurpee cup it will make things clearer. :!:
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Winnow...

I've got a rusty pogo stick with your name on it.