Gillette Fusion

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Gillette Fusion

Post by noel »

Anyone using this thing? Thoughts? We haven't had a good ManRazorChat (TM) in a long time so I figured I'd ask. I'm still using the Mach 3, but I might upgrade if people think the Fusion is considerably better.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I like it better. My facial skin is quite sensitive and I this one doesn't leave my skin feeling iritated as much as the Mach3.

Remember the huge difference between the Sensor and the Mach3? I felt the same diff between the Mach 3 and this.

The only problem with this razor is the price of the fucking blades, and I'm not even using the powered version.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

does the mach 3 still shave your face?
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

I use it... cant complain.. does a great job with no irritation afterwards...
Timmah.

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Spang wrote:does the mach 3 still shave your face?
Rarely. As is well documented in the history of this board, I'm concerned with a lot more surface area than my face.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

i know you shave your legs but does the mach 3 do the job? my point is, if the mach 3 still works, continue to use it.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

It's been doing the job for however many years it's been since it came out. Much like shaving your face, it's a fucking pain in the ass and anything I can do to make it easier is worth a post on the forum to investigate other people's thoughts.
Gnomies
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gnomies »

i use it, and i like better then the mach.
Gnomies Tinkerbeans~
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

i use a norelco 5822 XL. never shaved my legs but it shaves my face well without all the hassle of shaving cream and water and what not. i've been using it for years and it still does the job.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I too use a norelco on my face. I've used it on my legs and it doesn't work as well or as efficiently though I thank you for the information.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

women's razors are designed to shave legs. have you given those a try?

i'm being serious. you've gotten responses from guys so far and i don't think any of them shave their legs.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I use the fusion gel with my mach 3 razor. I like it. I didn't even know there was a fusion razor. Maybe I'll try it.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Spang wrote:women's razors are designed to shave legs. have you given those a try?

i'm being serious. you've gotten responses from guys so far and i don't think any of them shave their legs.
Women have a variant of the Mach 3 that's basically the same razor in pastely (probably not a word) colors. My wife uses one. Like I said, just looking for something that does a better job and is more efficient.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I use the Fusion Power, way better than the M3 power, less skin irritation and generally a much smoother shave. I give it two thumbs up.
Fortune favors the brave!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

one just showed up in my mailbox today.

I have no idea why!

I'll probably give it a try and let you know sir.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

i cut myself with my mach 3 today this morning!
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Gillette Fusion

Post by MooZilla »

noel wrote:Image
Anyone using this thing? Thoughts? We haven't had a good ManRazorChat (TM) in a long time so I figured I'd ask. I'm still using the Mach 3, but I might upgrade if people think the Fusion is considerably better.
SHAME ON YOU! I was thinking about posting a topic when i bought it a few weeks ago. Definately a great razor. Very smooth, gets the job done. I highly reccomend :D
i am a liberal.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:i cut myself with my mach 3 today this morning!
Fucking emo.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I agree with the sentiments. My beard is thick as hell and my skin is sensitive, so this is something a topic of interest to me. I endorse it.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

I usualy, shave my face and head daily. I use my Norelco for this.

But, if I do not do it daily I use the good ole blade, which is the mach 3.

Anyone recommend a good after shave?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Spang wrote:women's razors are designed to shave legs. have you given those a try?

women's razors are men's razors colored pink. they take the exact same cartidges.

I shave my armpits and my *cough* with a fusion and it does a good job. I also shave my husband's head with it (not the same one!) and it does a better job than his mach 3 did.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Stragi at 9am.
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

Nick wrote:Image

Stragi at 9am.
You have whipped out the emobot. You have no shame!
i am a liberal.
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

kyoukan wrote:

women's razors are men's razors colored pink. they take the exact same cartidges.

I shave my armpits and my *cough* with a fusion and it does a good job. I also shave my husband's head with it (not the same one!) and it does a better job than his mach 3 did.
I beg to differ. Womens razors are the ultra-nerfed version of men's razors...in pink. I've used a women's razor several to shave my face, and other areas...it just doesnt cut it. Literally. Some of them do take the same cartridges, but the standalone women's models are designed for thinner and weaker hair.
i am a liberal.
TheDarkreigns
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by TheDarkreigns »

I can use a regular bic without shaving cream with no bleeding or razor burn, though of course I do prefer the fusion to any other razors. The cost is rather much for me though but if you can afford it. Do so.
Huzzajin - Troll mage - Whisperwind
<Ixtlan>

Formerly:
Darkreigns S`Upreme
57 Wizard of Solusek Ro
Veeshan Server
<Ixtlan>
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

MooZilla wrote:I beg to differ. Womens razors are the ultra-nerfed version of men's razors...in pink. I've used a women's razor several to shave my face, and other areas...it just doesnt cut it. Literally. Some of them do take the same cartridges, but the standalone women's models are designed for thinner and weaker hair.
women's gillette razors have aloe in the moisturizing strip and men's have vitamin e. that is the only difference between the two blades. the company themselves has said this when women's groups have bitched that them for making sexist razors.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

i stand corrected!
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

I want a pink razor
cweeedit cwuunch
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I got one in the mail about a month ago for some weird reason. I think it does a slightly better job than the Mach3 and no irritation afterwards.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I still use Gillette single edge, no problems, no irritation with regular use. I don't shave anything but my face so...

I've tried a few of the new ones and don't really care for them, expensive, clog easily and don't seem to hold up that well.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

The woman's version makes a better vibrator.. not that I've tested this on anyone or anything.

And as mentioned above, the price of the blades is absolutely stupid.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Nick wrote:Image

Stragi at 9am.
I'm Optimus Prime? :shock:
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

MooZilla wrote:
kyoukan wrote:

I beg to differ. Womens razors are the ultra-nerfed version of men's razors...in pink. I've used a women's razor several to shave my face, and other areas...it just doesnt cut it. Literally. Some of them do take the same cartridges, but the standalone women's models are designed for thinner and weaker hair.
because they are the thinner weaker sex!!!!!!!!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Picked one up about 5 months ago and LOVE it... was purchased at the advice of a friend, you won't regret it.

The other thing I have noticed it that while the blades are FREAKING expensive, they seem to stay sharper longer for me, perhaps since there are so many of them I don't know :)

Marb

Not using the powered version either.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Fusion is the absolute best razon on the market...hands down. And is does a wonderful job on the sack as well as the head and face.
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

Just shaved again with my Fusion. So damn smooth. I can run a knife up and down my face/neck horizontally and i cant feel any stubble.
i am a liberal.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

MooZilla wrote:Just shaved again with my Fusion. So damn smooth. I can run a knife up and down my face/neck horizontally and i cant feel any stubble.
Can you feel anything if you run the knife sideways instead of up and down?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:And it does a wonderful job on the sack...
Now there is some useful information!
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

Winnow wrote:
MooZilla wrote:Just shaved again with my Fusion. So damn smooth. I can run a knife up and down my face/neck horizontally and i cant feel any stubble.
Can you feel anything if you run the knife sideways instead of up and down?
I guess i should try this one on my neck?

:o
i am a liberal.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Lynks wrote:I got one in the mail about a month ago for some weird reason.
You got a free one because if you start using it and buy one refill of blades for it, then it hass already paid for itself for the company about ten times over. The drug trafficker profits gillette makes from their products is nothing short of obscene.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Finally ready to review this sucker.

I decided to give it a good thorough testing...so I grew out a bit of a beard.

First observations. For actually removing a beard, or long growth in any other area...this thing clogs up a little faster than a mach3 (which i also think clogs up rediculously fast).
However, it kicks the mach3's ass on regular maintence type shaving. You can go from day old stubble to smooth as a baby's bottom with half as much effort as it would take on a mach3. Some of you may not have a whole lot of facial hair, or may have fine hair, and for you...this wouldn't really be a noticeable effect I would imagine. For me, it's a very noticeable improvement.

It still uses the same pivoting head style of the mach3 (which I like), but it seems to have a little more resistance than the mach3 blades (which are generally straight up or straight back, with no useable position in between). I can actually do a decent job on the odd spots, like say behind the lower corners of my lower jawbone.

Also, if you have any kind of need for a straight edge trim...sideburns, or keeping a clean line on your beard, the back blade is wonderful. I had managed to kind of fake it well enough with a mach3, but it took a while to learn and never was truly straight. You can do precision work with this thing, and it's also guarded in a way so that when you want to use it, it's there, but you won't slice yourself open on it should you happen to drop it or whatever. Very smart idea.

It also performed very well in other areas, i'd say overall, it probably took half as long to shave as it would with the mach3 (for me anyways).

So to sum up. For extended growth, it clogs just a lil sooner than a mach3, but for everything else, it really whipped the llama's ass.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

14 Blade Razor By 2014

There is nothing better than combining marketing and science. If you are like many people who mock how many blades are on each razor, then proceed to buy them, this highly scientific calculation might be of intrest. In the 1950s Gordon Moore figured that the processing power in computers would double every 18 months, a benchmark that has been fairly accurate. If Moore’s law was applied to the number of razor blades, he is not even close. Sadly it would put the elusive 14 blade razor in the year 2100, well outside my lifetime. Luckily the time between the Mach 3, Quattro and Fusion is so short, that at the current rate I will have my 14 blade razor in 2014. I will stick to my 2 blade Trac 2 for now but when that 14 blade razor comes out, sign me up.
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

mia
No Stars!

Post by mia »

I have one...the vibrating kind, and beyond the price of the blades...it is FABULOUS. I would highly recommend.
it might look like i'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level i'm really quite busy. 8)
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

kyoukan wrote:
Lynks wrote:I got one in the mail about a month ago for some weird reason.
You got a free one because if you start using it and buy one refill of blades for it, then it hass already paid for itself for the company about ten times over. The drug trafficker profits gillette makes from their products is nothing short of obscene.
Thats what I figured too but not everyone I know got one. In fact, I only know of 2 others that got this in the mail. I guess they were hoping that we would pass the word around or if we didnt want it, to give it away.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

MooZilla wrote:I beg to differ. Womens razors are the ultra-nerfed version of men's razors...in pink. I've used a women's razor several to shave my face, and other areas...it just doesnt cut it. Literally. Some of them do take the same cartridges, but the standalone women's models are designed for thinner and weaker hair.
have to agree. i got a version of each in the corporate gift basket and i prefer the men's version for a much closer shave.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Truant wrote:Finally ready to review this sucker.

First observations. For actually removing a beard, or long growth in any other area...this thing clogs up a little faster than a mach3 (which i also think clogs up rediculously fast).
However, it kicks the mach3's ass on regular maintence type shaving. You can go from day old stubble to smooth as a baby's bottom with half as much effort as it would take on a mach3. Some of you may not have a whole lot of facial hair, or may have fine hair, and for you...this wouldn't really be a noticeable effect I would imagine. For me, it's a very noticeable improvement.

It still uses the same pivoting head style of the mach3 (which I like), but it seems to have a little more resistance than the mach3 blades (which are generally straight up or straight back, with no useable position in between). I can actually do a decent job on the odd spots, like say behind the lower corners of my lower jawbone.

Also, if you have any kind of need for a straight edge trim...sideburns, or keeping a clean line on your beard, the back blade is wonderful. I had managed to kind of fake it well enough with a mach3, but it took a while to learn and never was truly straight. You can do precision work with this thing, and it's also guarded in a way so that when you want to use it, it's there, but you won't slice yourself open on it should you happen to drop it or whatever. Very smart idea.

It also performed very well in other areas, i'd say overall, it probably took half as long to shave as it would with the mach3 (for me anyways).

So to sum up. For extended growth, it clogs just a lil sooner than a mach3, but for everything else, it really whipped the llama's ass.
how well does this shave blonde or red facial hair as opposed to brown or black facial hair
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What's the best razor for mole hair?
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Truant wrote:Finally ready to review this sucker.

how well does this shave blonde or red facial hair as opposed to brown or black facial hair
I assume you are joking, but if not...my beard has all of the above hair colors represented and all hairs were cut. So, I guess it fairs well.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Winnow wrote:What's the best razor for mole hair?
Well most Moles, being subterranean, have very fine hair and it is very difficult to hold them still while shaving and they can deliver a pretty nasty bite or scratch when cornered...So I'd go with Nair...