moving days SUCK

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

moving days SUCK

Post by Phugg_Innay »

Moving days ahead :( man they suck , up at 5am waiting on the woman. 2 days of hectic bullshit ahead. 1st house I ever bought (we) and the stress of that alone should have killed me. Now we just have all the bullsh ... labor ahead of us. Wish me luck on the 90 min drive out and set-up. Oh now I have a 2hr commute to work in the mornings till the transfer comes through.
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

I was always asked to move sleeper sofas. It was my speciality.

God I am glad those days are gone.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

i helped my friend move on 2 hours of sleep once ... i wanted to die

that sucks about the commute to work =-\
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

I've moved about 8 times in the past 10 years. Let me give you a word of advice. It's not fucking worth it to move yourself. You end up moving all day and at the end are dead tired and still feeling it for the next couple of days. Do what I have been doing for the past 6-8 years. Pay someone to move your shit. It's not that expensive when you consider all the cons to moving yourself. They way it works is simple. Put all your shit that can go in boxes and label them. That's it. They come and take all the boxes and furniture away. They usually bring a driver and 2 movers. It will take them about 30-45 minutes to get your shit in the truck, then whatever it takes to drive to your place, then another 30-45 minutes to unload, assuming you don't live in an apartment. They charge extra for the distance. The farthest I have ever moved was about an hour away and they charged me like 180 + tip. In less than 3 hours I was in my new place and I didn't even break a sweat. Let's face it, you'll have enough shit to worry about and do, just unpacking all your shit...That alone is about a year worth of unpacking...
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.