Post-EverQuest gaming

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post-EverQuest gaming

Post by Sueven »

I'm curious as to what ex-EverQuesters do with their time. I'm also curious as to whether most people have picked up other MMORPG's or not.

I play Halo 2 for maybe an hour a week.
I play a game of Warcraft 3 maybe once a month.

Back in the day, I'd say I probably played EverQuest about 35 hours a week.

I haven't taken up any new MMORPG's, and I probably never will. I tried to come back to EverQuest about a year after I quit, but found that it bored me to tears and quit again. The only game I've invested serious time into since EQ was Halo 1, which I probably played for about ten hours a week at my peak.

I've filled the time by doing more school work, working more hours at my job, becoming a sports fan, and being a whole lot more social.

How about everyone else?
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Play Call of Duty when I'm not working/out.. Play Counter-Strike Source once in a while as well.
Timmah.

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Still MMOG'ing in WoW. I've gotten married and founded a family since quitting EQ though.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

I can be found in WoW these days. Doubt I will ever fully quit any sort of gaming.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Nothing has grabbed me like EQ.... nothing has ever gotten 40+ hours a week out of me... nothing has come even close.

eq, and uo before it, are choice pieces in history, never to occur for us again.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

I though I would be playing EQ till EQ was no more. But the sacrifices done, like calling in sick to work, to keep the raid going and so on, mean so very little in the end, kinda wakes you up.

I play WoW now, but more casual. And have a social life again. So I guess overall , a lot happier.

But I still miss EQ and the friends there. Nothing will ever be like EQ.
Last edited by Gemily on January 5, 2005, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have a much more flexible schedule of geekiness since burning out on EQ.

Instead of being locked into EQ 8 hours everyday, I do things that usually only require a few hours at a time...like watch movies, sports (TIVO'd so I'm not glued to the tube), read scanned comics on the projector, surf the net for whatever current topic holds my interest, play some X-Box but usually only when I have a friend over...and go out on the town some. It's easier to focus on some project or hobby for several days without worrying about a psycho guild leader nagging about playing time.

I've switched my addictive personality from 8 or more continuous hours down to short 2 hour addiction blocks so I can do a wider range of things. I wouldn't rule out another MMORPG in the future but I have no desire for the current ones atm...I think EQ was actually good in the sense that I sort of shutter at the length of time raids took in EQ and steer away from the newer games even though raids, etc don't take as long.
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

Knight Online for less than 4 hours a week, a little bit of halo 2, hanging out with friends, school work, girlfriend, and guild wars when it comes out
i am a liberal.
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

I found my Penis again :) , it is a wonderfull toy. Also well reality ... the KIDS !!!! 10yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl , that'll suck the life out of ya. I also have building my project Jeep for the past couple years. I took a class on welding and have built Many many parts and cages now. Currently , I play an assload of Backgammon and Scrabble online. Other than that , just focus on life , work my ass off, take care of the kids and the honey.

Once a Bard always a Bard ... multitasking forever
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

EQ2, work, school, writing.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I bailed out of EQ thinking that I would never play another MMORPG again... now, I play WoW when I can and am loving it! I can log on for 1-2 hours or so and get things done! Also, I can solo just about everything I need if I cannot dedicate the time for a group....damn cool shit imo. Another one of the myriad of cool things is that I can group with a much lower level player to help with a quest or 10.

The developers at Blizzard took a long hard look at what ensued with EQ and cut a bunch of fat off...damn fine job so far! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I have been going to the university, quit my dead end job and decided tog et an education. I am also going to the gym 4 to 5 times a week now, found a girlfriend recently and I have taken up dancing jitterbug as well, I am also a lot more social these days. So my life is quite full now as it is.

I do find the time to play a few x-box games now and then though, currently on warrior within, and i am planning to take up wow when it releases in Europe, but it will be on a much more casual level than before.
Fortune favors the brave!
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

EQ2 8 - 14 hours a day, UNLESS RL friends have something to say about it. If I am out with RL friends I am drinking. If I am with my girlfriend I am playing Halo2 - so I am only averaging about 35 - 40 hrs a week on EQ2. It sucks - but I can deal. I love EQ2 almost as much as EQ1 at this period (2-3 months after release).
sweetkastings
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sweetkastings »

I quit about a year ago...I still travel the boards and i play xbox now... I played a few single player computer games (expl Doom 2 and 3) but other then that my school sports tend to keep me busy
L33t mage of veeshan
Legacy of Virtues gimp
Complete idiot
(o'.')--o(-_-)TKO!!!
Sweet's Shizzle
Mag65.36/Ve Rh 1683hp 4832m ft5 r3 G++G<3 e++ p- D+ O+++ !T L- !H F++ G++ B++ t++++ Dm+ X++
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Too bad school doesnt.
Froogle[CestusDei]
No Stars!

Post by Froogle[CestusDei] »

Everquest is much different now then what it used to be. Its got its plus's and its downsides as well.

I wont be quitting everquest for as long as Cestus Dei is around. Likewise, i will also be following the family in whichever route they may decide to take, if any at all.

I make the game fun as possible in any coniditions. Its sad to see OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of players that just get fed up with sony, and quit. Its understandable, dont get me wrong, its just disheartening. Any game i play, ill probably enjoy. As long as its with the right group of friends, which was basically narrowed down almost 2 years ago.

But, i will always play MMORPG's. There is something unique about them that other games cannot full-fill. The everquest communities in the past and preasent are all vibes that other games cannot hold either. Thats what i enjoy most really, interacting with the players and general community.
XunilTlatoani
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by XunilTlatoani »

I played City of Heroes after EQ for about 2 months, but my wife (also a former EQ'er) and I have been playing a lot of 2-player games that we have missed in the last 4 years. Things like Civ3, Age of Mythology and we're just starting Neverwinter Nights. We've also enjoyed the Baldur's Gate series and Champions of Norrath for PS2. We've even been known to play a little Wheel of Fortune for PS2 as well :)

When not playing with her, I've enjoyed games like GTA: San Andreas, ESPN NFL 2K5 (a moment of silence for ESPN NFL games......thank you) and most recently Kingdom Hearts. It really has been great, because I've been able to pick up a lot of these games on the cheap, due to them being old and/or used.

I'm currently looking forward to the PC release of the new Knights of the Old Republic game as well as the sequel to Champions of Norrath.

Although I miss talking to the people online, and all the drama that comes with it, I must say that I enjoy having a variety of entertainment options when I come home. I may or may not get involved with another MMORPG in the future, but it's too early to tell.
Xunil Tlatoani - Gnome Arch Lich (Retired)
Keepers of the Elements

Tlatoani - Gnome Warlock
Light of Dawn (Lightbringer Server)
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

EQ was partially responsible for turning my 4-year engineering degree into a 9-year engineering degree. I'll be finishing that up May 05. EQ caused my relationships with my first batch of friends to atrophy. Now that I'm not glued to the tube, I've built up a new batch of friends. Nowadays I spend most of my time building an engine controller unit for a race car engine. It's the perfect mix of hardware and software development. I'm having lots of fun. Somehow I've ended up doing all of the video projections and soundboard stuff for my church. That's something that I'd never have time to do back during my days of EQ.

The strong urge to play games is still there. I had a week off a few days ago and finally bought the platinum edition of neverwinter nights. I don't think I left my house for 5 days. I didn't sleep much either. It's scarey how easily I can slip back into compulsive gaming.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

For anyone still messing with NWN, check out this module I made back when it came out.

http://www.fosco.com/Hempior.mod

multiple quests, very action packed.

nwn I definately got into.. was scripting stuff in it as well, made a trivia bot lol.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

Never thought I would quit EQ either. Got into closed beta's for WoW and EQ2. Now very much addicted to WoW, have not looked back. Put all the powergaming aside as many others have, and just explore/quest/solo/instance at my leasure (usually 2-3 hours a day).
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Pretty much stick with playing EQ about 3-5 hours per week. Aside from that, I play Links on Live and Go on IGS along with a smattering of PS2 and Xbox sports and driving titles.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Playing EQ2 for me, I play anywhere from 2-6 or so hours a day depending. I've found I play a lot more during the winter because in the summer there is actually stuff to do, which is why I went on and off with eq like I did towards the end. eq2 had been pretty fun for me so far, I like being able to get things done in small amount of time if I want to.

Fash- I still have those modules you had in NWN. The one you had where the dudes weed got stolen and you had to retrieve it was hilarious. Check out fash's stuff if you play nwn, he had some pretty cool shit set up.
Ajran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Ajran »

Me and the wife are well into WoW at this point. having a total blast with it. playing it as much if not more than we played EQ at our peak..

tried Knight Online.. to much exploiting then they started charging.. now i guess its free.. tried AC2 when they had free download and free trial. tried a few others i don't remember off hand. came back to EQ for a few months had a blast in Hooac until al the new games came out and took their toll on the guild and it basically folded.

-Ajran
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

Good thread Sueven =)
I have a lot of fond memories of everquest. I probably averaged 50 to 60 hours a week in the old school days. I dont regret my everquest experience one bit. True, it put my life on hold for a couple years (quit school, isolated myself from friends). But I was having a lot of fun at the time. When it comes down to it, life is about one thing, being happy. Everquest made me happy.
Now, thats not to say that im not glad that I moved on from EQ. Ive tried many different mmo's. Some of the better ones held my interest for a month or two (DAOC, COH). Im currently playing eq2. I average about 4 or 5 hours a week right now. I dont see it getting any higher than that. Basically I like jumping on just to talk to my old CT buddies and my new VV buddies =) I have a really a hard time staying interested in any game nowadays for more then an hour. Console games included.
So, if not games, then what have I been up to? Well, i got a cool job as a youth councelor/athletic director/ assistant cruise director on a cruise ship and got to do a lot of traveling. All while saving money to go to an art school that ive wanted to go to for a long time. Did the cruise thing for a little over a year. Been at art school ever since. I want to be a 3d character modeler/designer. This is my new passion. Much like everquest was back in the day. I spend 8 hours a day at school, and basically any free time at home is spent modeling. (40 or 50 hours a week free time spent drawing, designing, and modeling). Other then that, movies, fishing, and partying on the weekend keep me busy.

All in all, no regrets. Do what makes ya happy. =)
Im kinda priveledged though, because ive always had the support of my "partner", Little Rico.

My name is as they say
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Playing EQ again after a long break. As was said above, it's hardly the same game as it was 2 years ago. The mechanics are still the same, but there's so much new stuff and new mechanics and such that it's fun again. That and with the population down much lower, it seems much more relaxed. Players, regardless of class, are needed again where before there was too many to choose from. *shrug* It's just fun again. That, and having missed 3-4 expansions, it feels like there's so much to learn again that it's able to get/keep my attention.
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 :)

Working, studies.
cweeedit cwuunch
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

After finally quitting EQ1 in early 2003 I rediscovered TV, console games and my social life. I had a lot of good stuff to catch up on after 4 years of nothing but EQ :)
Eventually gravitated back to MMOs to hook up with my online friends. Tried DAoC, SWG but nothing really grabbed me til FFXI which i enjoyed a lot but quit when I met the woman I ended up marrying and had no time to play any more :)
That was around last xmas time. By the time this xmas came around, as well as buying a house and gaining a son I discovered I'd married a more mervellous person that I thought when we saw EQ2 beta running at a friends house and she suggested we buy a laptop to go with my current PC so we could play together with everyone :) And so I'm back into MMO gaming without risking divorce. Superb!
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Foler
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Foler »

Play Halo 2 every chance I get, Im a addict =((
Foler~Warlock
Hyjal
eOmniz
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by eOmniz »

Halo2 a very little bit
WoW a bit, not near as much as EQ though.
War3 was very in till WoW came out.
Super Smash Melee for Gamecube (AKA the best fighting game ever) quite a bit when friends are over.

Trying very hard to make sure I stay on the "less addicted than EQ" level with WoW, we'll see how it works out. Not even that big of a fan of the game, just addicted to the whole art of character advancement and competition and playing with friends.
Current Incarnations:
Flintler, EQ2, Crushbone, HOOAC
Grahmiam, WoW, Firetree, The Crazy 88
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

My name is Bubba Grizz and I have been EQ-Free for nearly 3 years. I sold my toons, Kvahda and Chub Underbush(actually not the main on that account but I don't want to get my friend in trouble by posting the toon's name if that still happens that is).

I dabbled in DAOC for a few months but then it became a mini EQ and that was depressing. I tried to make a comeback to EQ but once you sell your toons and it becomes known you become labeled and no one wants you around so I gave up on that.

EQ was part of my college life and a bit after college. Now I have a family and a career that doesn't seem to have room for that kind of fun anymore. However, I know that WoW would probably be perfect for me I am holding out for Vanguard when it comes out. I have high expectations and I think they will deliver.

Until then however I am working with friends on a text based mud called Faerun Mud. I am designing zones. If anyone is interested in that kind of thing shoot me a tell.
Xyphir
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xyphir »

I quit EQ in January of '04, and haven't looked back. Last June, my wife and I moved from DC to Denver. My EQ disks didn't make the trip. :D

There were times in DC when I longed to play, but since we moved to Denver, I just can't seem to find the time or urge to play computer games. Most of my computer time is spent downloading/burning live (Legal) music, going to concerts, or my new hobby, snowboarding. I work long hours at my new job, which I love, and don't usually get home until 7 or later. I've been catching up on my reading and looking forward to camping season again. We got a new tent for Christmas and can't wait to break it in.

Went to a Broncos game a few weeks ago, and Jake Plumber is a confirmed idiot. I can get behind the whole Pat Tillman thing, but giving the finger to the home crowd does not win him any points with me. I love finally being in a city with a baseball team. Too bad the Rockies suck.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I really quite EQ about three years ago or so. Had played a little DAoC but it too got old quick. Enjoyed NWN and the expansions and continued to play DII and WarIII from time to time.

My primary focus got back to where it should be, my family. When I quit it was still just my wife and I. When my father passed away EQ was a great release and very theraputic, however it took up WAY too much of my time.

Now I have 2 wonderful sons, one is 2 and the other is 4 months, both a handful but more fun and rewarding than anything I could have imagined.

When not spending time with them and I'm not doing extra work to close a deal, I play World of Warcraft. I wanted to play SWG, planned to play EQ2 but at some level doubted I would ever play another MMORPG again. While I loved it I just didn't see how I could do it and have the life I wanted to have. Thus far WoW has exceeded all my expectations and allowed me to do something I love while not negatively effecting those I love. I truly feel it's the best game I have ever played and I'm enjoying it more and more each day as I'm having fun and in a great guild many of my old EQ buddies as well - Ixtlan. Can't really ask for much more than that :)

Cheers!
Marb
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

You still love me though? Right??
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Of course I do :)

But in more general terms I would love to see all, heh well almost all, my old EQ buddies playing WoW on Whisperwind.
Deneve
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Deneve »

Haven't picked up any other MMORPGs since EQ. Instead I've been dabbling in the social life; partying, drugs, and late nights followed by a shitty week at school....
Laliana
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Laliana »

Xyphir wrote:Went to a Broncos game a few weeks ago, and Jake Plumber is a confirmed idiot. I can get behind the whole Pat Tillman thing, but giving the finger to the home crowd does not win him any points with me. I love finally being in a city with a baseball team. Too bad the Rockies suck.
If Hockey ever returns, make sure you see an Av's Game for me!
Warlock of Ixtlan ~ Whisperwind
Xyphir
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xyphir »

Laliana wrote:
Xyphir wrote:Went to a Broncos game a few weeks ago, and Jake Plumber is a confirmed idiot. I can get behind the whole Pat Tillman thing, but giving the finger to the home crowd does not win him any points with me. I love finally being in a city with a baseball team. Too bad the Rockies suck.
If Hockey ever returns, make sure you see an Av's Game for me!
I went to a fight once and a hockey game broke out.

/rimshot
Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

I average 2-4 hours a night on EQ2. Thats about 3 times less then what I played on EQlive. I also have become addicted to pokerstars.com. I play from 30 minutes to 3 hours every other day. I don't know if you consider that onling gaming as much as online gambling=P
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

When I quit EQ in March of 2004, I played just about every game I could get my hands on to fill the void. Plus, I spent a lot of time with my kids and wife that was previously set aside for EQ. I really dedicated myself to my new job and now I never leave work early or decline invites to go out just so I could play a game. I am a 2 month veteran of EQ2 now and having a lot of fun. They really put a ton of things into the game so you always have something to do no matter how much time you have to play. I fear at times I get way too involved, but I try and remember how destructive EQ was. It's rough when things don't go well in real life, you can play your character and make everything all right again.

It's such a wonderful yet destructive escape from reality.
Ceffin
No Stars!

heh

Post by Ceffin »

well - i've been much happier without EQ as many of you stated

..I started partying on weekends instead of raiding, started hanging out with friends after school instead of killing a sonic bat for the 40th time in 5 hours , and my lifestyles improved OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS better.

I still play this "map" for Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne called DOTA which is fun - it only takes an hour tops and kind of reminds me of a quake 2 shooter type map- I play maybe 1 hour every other day , maybe 2 on the weekends.

Since then i've gotten physically fit, a girlfriend who've i've crushed on my entire highschool years, finally got her =P, played 2 years of varsity football and had an awesome time with that, and maintained a 5.0 GPA. Its been fun and I know I would be somewhat successful highschool life(if there is such a thing) while playing EQ, but I'd be missing out on OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of fun. I love going to school, working out, whatever, It makes me realize I've gotta OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of catching up to do since I wasted so much on EQ - but EQ was fun nevertheless. Gonna stop rambling and wishing I used the time I wasted on something more worthwhile, but it was fun guys :)

Would anyone recommend a good shooter game thats coming out?? I just got a brand new Dell so I think I can play Quake whatever or Halflife 2. I want a game just to play every so often...(I LOVED quake2 CTF..but I had a modem...now I would like to try with DSL..and cant find the quake2 cd =/)
Ceffin/Snugs/Nariss/Flabber
Hottubs/Woodysunshine/Baboonassred on wc3
Retired
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

GOOD TIMES CLUB!
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

Full time job 8-5 mon - fri
Play WoW about 10 to 15 hours a week maybe
Enjoying real life these days. Trying to find a home atm to buy.

Don't miss EQ the game at all but do miss OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of people.
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Estrosiath
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Estrosiath »

I quit EQ, and have been way happier since I did. I played WoW beta, and although the game is nice, I burned out on it really, really fast. Probably should have taken more time to level up, but oh well.
Oh, I'm also moving out of home, and starting a Master's Degree in another country. Hell, the second year I'll be spending in Washington DC (if anyone is in the area, and in the mood for a couple of drinks :D). Never thought I'd come to study to the US, but I am going to.

Seems to me, after reading this post, that EQ really was a drug. Well, I can relate to that, EQ and what it entailed probably made me fail two years of college. But now I'm back on track. Soon as I'm moved out, it's a fresh start, and a new social life that awaits me.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

I quit EQ about a year and a half ago, after already quiting twice. I filled the 40-60 hour a week void with poker, friends, parties. Now I'm in college and I am spending the majority of my time at a frat house basically keeping the trend of poker friends and parties.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

k random comment and no offense, but frats...what's the appeal??

I have a biased vew of them since they turned 3 of my very good friends into robotic loudmouth jerkoffs who can't hangout unless theres a dozen or more random ppl around to wave their gigantic egos at...

Is it pretty much just about sacrificing individuality for beer and girls or am I missing something?
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Keverian FireCry wrote:k random comment and no offense, but frats...what's the appeal??

I have a biased vew of them since they turned 3 of my very good friends into robotic loudmouth jerkoffs who can't hangout unless theres a dozen or more random ppl around to wave their gigantic egos at...

Is it pretty much just about sacrificing individuality for beer and girls or am I missing something?
my opinion: repressed homosexuality, pack mentality, or low self-esteem with the need to be "included"

I've never met a frat boy who wasn't an idiot and an asshole to boot.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to get derailed.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Lalanae wrote:
Keverian FireCry wrote:k random comment and no offense, but frats...what's the appeal??

my opinion: repressed homosexuality, pack mentality, or low self-esteem with the need to be "included"

I've never met a frat boy who wasn't an idiot and an asshole to boot.
Hrmmmmm...I was a frat boy once upon a time...It was, in my case, a really good way to meet a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds and pool resources to throw parties...

Whlie most fraternities tend to select members of similiar backgrounds and be very "packish"...I think overgeneralizing it to that extent is wrong...It was for me a good way to teach myself to be more sociable and a way to expose myself to many people from many different backgrounds...
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

well as I said, just my opinion and I seriously have never met a frat boy that wasn't a jerk and/or moron. Maybe the dynamic of frats have changed over the years, but frat boys of the 90's that I encountered were as I have described...in my opinion...
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lalanae wrote:

oh...the...irony! lol