Holiday Gift Ideas

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Holiday Gift Ideas

Post by noel »

The purpose of this thread is simple. To identify gifts that are well suited for a target audience with an approximate price.

All posts should look like the following:

Season 1 of Chappelles (Uncensored) on DVD - ~$20 @ target.com - Your guy friends/anyone
TiVo - ~$200 - Your parents/grandparents/etc.

Hopefully we can provide gift suggestions for different peer groups and family members that are helpful and will aid us in our gift giving.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Great idea noel! I need still need to figure out what to get some folks.

My suggestion:

Roomba (robotic floor sweeper/vaccuum) - ~$200-250 - Mom/grandmom, lady in life, metrosexual male. I got one as an early Christmas present and I love it! Our floors are hardwood and I hate sweeping. It does a great job!
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Hayley
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Hayley »

I asked for a gift certificate to Ann Taylor Loft - mother/sister/SO, a bottle of Ralph Lauren Cool perfume - mother/sister/SO, and a hobby room built in the house - SO.

For my son, I'd like cash gifts to go to his 529 (Upromise) account - infant/toddler/child
Bren
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Bren »

Blank Journals - Any bookstore - $5-10- Come in handy for any teenager.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Those easy grip things that open jars, they kinda have a plastic loop that fit the lid. Great for Kris Kringles or old people with arthritis. 15$
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

usually my gift ideas are pretty boring (movies, cd's, books), but i came up with something sort of cute for my mom this year.

she has to take medicine twice a day, and she usually just leaves her evening dose sitting on the kitchen counter. so i found her a cute little pillbox and had her initials engraved on it.

if i hadn't already bought for my grandmom i would have picked one up for her, too.

also, if you have any mst3k lovers on your list, we found that they've finally released some of the episodes on dvd sets. i picked one up for my brother, they're $40 for 4 episodes and we saw at least 7 volumes.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Lalanae wrote:My suggestion:

Roomba (robotic floor sweeper/vaccuum) - ~$200-250 - Mom/grandmom, lady in life, metrosexual male. I got one as an early Christmas present and I love it! Our floors are hardwood and I hate sweeping. It does a great job!
i read the box. said something about 2 virtual walls or something. will this work all over the house or just where ever those virtual walls are?
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

People who work for me or schmoozing contacts: wine, either a bottle for the former ~$10-20 or a case for the latter.
Sister: Nice pair of leather gloves ~$100-150
Father: telescope ~$500
Mother: pilates machine ~$450
Wife: 5-day west caribbean cruise ~$1,500
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Lalanae wrote:Great idea noel! I need still need to figure out what to get some folks.

My suggestion:

For those of you thinking about getting this here is a Coupon Code.And the Link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 21-8500023

iRobot Roomba 4100 $100, Dec 9
$25 Price drop. Amazon has the new iRobot Roomba 4100 Intelligent Robotic Vacuum for $125.99 - $25 off $125 in Kitchen and Housewares Code: DECEMBERKHBB (Exp 12/19)= $100.99 shipped free. Select Amazon.com from Buying Choices
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Gift Idea

Post by Phugg_Innay »

One I got for my birthday last year

15 Lap session is a Race Car: Cost about $65

This is a great Idea for those that live near tracks and love the feel of speed. If anyone in the Bay Area still peeks in .
http://www.altamontraceway.com/

The link isn't on the page at the moment , but I know they operate for a while. You can find them at the little booths in Malls sometimes. I for one had a complete blast doing this.
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Spang wrote:

i read the box. said something about 2 virtual walls or something. will this work all over the house or just where ever those virtual walls are?
You can move the 2 boxes around that create the virtual wall, so you can pretty much use it anywhere. The virtual wall units are for when you want to block off a particular area.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

USB Jump Drives, handy for just about everyone.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Strongbad Email DVD - first 100 + bonus features (including 3 unreleased ones)

It sort of requires that the gift receiver be a fan, but you're welcome to give it to a random person and see how it goes, as they are extremely hilarious.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/homestarrun ... vddvd.html
miir and I are best friends. <3
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Akaran_D wrote:USB Jump Drives, handy for just about everyone.
Bonus is how much the prices have come down... I was in Staples yesterday and nearly shit when I saw that 1 GB usb drives are $99... same with 1 GB SD Cards.... !!!

buying one for myself!

Self - 1 GB Cruzer USB drive - $99
Self or age 15+ - Nintendo DS dual screen handheld gaming - $149 good luck getting one before christmas except from ebay.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Fash wrote:Self or age 15+ - Nintendo DS dual screen handheld gaming - $149 good luck getting one before christmas except from ebay.
I'd rather get an xbox, an extra controller, 2 games, and 2 months of xbox live for the same price :)

Note: Makes a great gift
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Lalanae wrote:
Spang wrote:

You can move the 2 boxes around that create the virtual wall, so you can pretty much use it anywhere. The virtual wall units are for when you want to block off a particular area.
cool, thanks. gift picked out!
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

LightSabre Force FX http://www.empireswords.com/index.asp?P ... =fx&Page=1 you can find thm online from 99 to 140 bucks and would be the ultimate gift for the Star Wars Fanatic in your world.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Harry and David gourmet fruit baskets or "subscriptions" (the gift receiver receives a different type of fruit monthly for a year) always makes a very nice gift, especially to those far away.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Seinfeld - Seasons 1-2 and 3 on DVD.

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended DVD (Available Dec 14th!)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Aslanna wrote:Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended DVD (Available Dec 14th!)
Heh, the only problem with that is the true fanatics that the gift would be perfect for will have bought it for themselves already. :(
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Tenuvil wrote:Harry and David gourmet fruit baskets or "subscriptions" (the gift receiver receives a different type of fruit monthly for a year) always makes a very nice gift, especially to those far away.
For some reason, that reminds me, a beer of the month sampler is always a nice gift. I love trying those micro-brews.

Harry and David make nice baskets for fruit, nuts, even coffee. Pretty fun stuff. Then you walk across the mall to the Pottery Barn and pick up a creme brulee set w/ torch. Fondue sets we've given from Bed Bath and Beyond always seem to be appreciated as well.
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

Gamer buddy: Xbox + Halo 2 $200/

bound to make 'em happy :D
i am a liberal.