Hasten and Stamina Questions

CoH Discussion
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Hasten and Stamina Questions

Post by Avestan »

Got a couple of questions for teh VV faithful.

First, is Stamina worth 3 powers? From what I hear, yes, I just want to confirm from someone first hand. I am about to turn 16 and have invested anything into that pool. Should I spend the next 4 levels just preping for Stamina at 20 or should I get one of my other powers that might have a more immediately impact but would delay my getting to Stamina.

Second, how do you enhance stamina? Is it worth enhancing?

Third, How many enhancements are people putting into Hasten. I currently only have one, but I was curous what people think is the best thing to do with the recent nerf.

Stan out
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

First, is Stamina worth 3 powers? From what I hear, yes, I just want to confirm from someone first hand.
Unless you're a regen scrapper, yes. I can't think of another character type that wouldn't benefit a lot from stamina.
Should I spend the next 4 levels just preping for Stamina at 20 or should I get one of my other powers that might have a more immediately impact but would delay my getting to Stamina.
It depends. A lot. As a scrapper or blaster I'd want it by 20 because by then I'm dying for endurance, and endurance = damage which is my job. I know tanks that like to turtle up and spam provoke/taunt, using little endurance and so they may be fine waiting.
Second, how do you enhance stamina? Is it worth enhancing?
Again it depends. For the aforementioned turtle tanks probably not. For most Scrapper/Blaster builds Stamina at 20 -> 5 DO'd Stamina at 23 is the way to go and will change the way you play. If you run a lot of toggles you'll need more than just base for sure. It's 25% end recovery boost base by the way.
Third, How many enhancements are people putting into Hasten. I currently only have one, but I was curous what people think is the best thing to do with the recent nerf.
There's no good answer for this... If you feel you need Hasten, go all out and 6 SO it. If you feel it's nice for hard fights leave it at 1. If you want it up often but don't need it on constantly then find a balance. It will be up almost all of the time with 6 SO's - work up to that until you feel comfortable with it's refresh, or say fuck it and don't slot it at all.. which is what I'm doing. It's not _that_ great once you can get Recharge Reduction SOs.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I believe Hasten has a 1 min reuse if slotted with 6 SOs.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

I believe Hasten has a 1 min reuse if slotted with 6 SOs.
That's what I heard just after the patch, but then a day or so later I heard Geko hosed his math and it's actually like 17 seconds...

Since I've seen no confirmation of the latter I'm just staying the hell away from the skill
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

I just got stamina last night and it was a slight improvement. Atleast it was noticeable. Drop 2 or 3 slots on it and I am sure its worthwhile. As of now I can fly without losing endurance.
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

Update on Hasten
Geko wrote:HAste doewntime is getting revised. I will release a formula or an excel sheet to let you calclate the downtime with differnt RT enh.

Dowtime will (soon) be 14 seconds w/ 6 SO RT Enh (about 3 seconds with 6SO RT Enh that are +3 levels than you)
Despite his abysmal typing I'm quite happy with dev activity on their boards... Thread:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... Post453177
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

Letania wrote:Update on Hasten
Geko wrote:HAste doewntime is getting revised. I will release a formula or an excel sheet to let you calclate the downtime with differnt RT enh.

Dowtime will (soon) be 14 seconds w/ 6 SO RT Enh (about 3 seconds with 6SO RT Enh that are +3 levels than you)
Despite his abysmal typing I'm quite happy with dev activity on their boards... Thread:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... Post453177
Haha....hah?