GoD to get "tuned"

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

GoD to get "tuned"

Post by Xatrei »

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/communit ... p?id=62046
Gates of Discord gets retuned!

Greetings Norrath!

Gates of Discord is being tuned to rework many of the experience areas to better balance the expansion for all classes. It is our hope that this re-tuning will allow for more group diversity and better use of individual class skills while maintaining the challenge of the new content. We hope to roll out these changes within the next 2 weeks. Here's a quick breakdown of what's changed -
* Experience has been increased in several zones.
* Natimbi, Qinimi, Barindu, Riwwi, and Ferubi should be tuned more appropriately for their intended level ranges.
* NPCs will no longer hit for max damage as often. Knights in particular should find it easier to tank mobs they previously had difficulty with.
* Spell drops have been increased.
* Zone travel has been made easier.
* NPC innates have been adjusted to behave a little more reasonably.
* Animals in various zones across Gates have been made non-agro.

Note: Please keep in mind that these changes do not affect every zone.
We would like to thank all of the folks on the Test Server who have been helping with the re-working of the encounters and we hope that you enjoy the changes when they go live in the very near future.

Thanks all!

The EverQuest Design Team
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

All excellent changes IMHO. Should have come much sooner, but c'est la vie.

Many of the Ik group trial mini/bosses were retardedly hard without the perfect group and having to leave necessary buffing and CR classes (and dzswap candidates) at the zone instance where they get steamrolled by every person training the instance was just assinine (seriously, did SOE envision that groups would actually KILL all those assrape densely packed MOBs that block the way to each trial?).
Last edited by Ashur on May 6, 2004, 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Ash
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Next update to come the week WoW is released.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

the knights tanking thing is pretty important. we have some superbly equipped knights who have trouble tanking some single group content.

i guess Furor was right 2+ years ago when he said Defensive was terrible for EQ :p
Avryce
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Avryce »

* NPCs will no longer hit for max damage as often. Knights in particular should find it easier to tank mobs they previously had difficulty with.
I disagree with fixing it in this manner. Now it will be even easier for VT geared warriors to out tank the best equipped knights in the game.

Yes the content is difficult possibly too difficult but tuning it to the point where a knight can tank it as we currently are isn't the answer. It's doable as it is currently with a warrior and will just become that much easier with a warrior.

I guess we'll see how it turns out but rather than addressing the issue they're making the content all around easier.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Now it will be even easier for VT geared warriors to out tank the best equipped knights in the game.
No it won't. Just because a VT geared warrior will be able to pop defensive if he/she ever gets to a boss in these trials, doesn't mean they will have the hp/AC necessary to clear all the trash to get there in the first place. Warrior with 1750 AC and 7.2k unbuffed hp (i.e the VT Lootwhore from hell) <<<<< knight with Time gear.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Avryce
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Avryce »

Look up the differences in sustained damage intake. As long as the warrior isn't being one rounded they are far superior tanks to knights due to their mitigation. Parses put warriors at about 15-18% less damage taken over time than knights pre defensive.

Your proposed VT level warrior can tank those mobs better than knights pre defensive provided they can live through one round of combat.

AC/HP make a difference but the mitigation tables are what's wrong at the moment.

Edit: Firewall at work prevents me from getting parses will look into it later.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Let Monks be tanks again. That would be fun!

Oh hey and how about not making mobs run at warp speed. Obviously that was put in to make people spend the 15points on Run Speed 5. But even then you're going to get the shit kicked out of you if you happen to be running to a zone on the far end of your current zone and run across a see invis mob.

They'll probably stagger it out and give us something new everytime another high-end guild quits EQ (Hi, Afterlife!).
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

meh...the only changes I really like here are the increased XP rewards and the increased spell drops. The rest - meh.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG