What did your parents beat you with?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Hand
21%
Belt/Paddle
39%
Toy (Hot Wheel track, Jump Rope, Dildo)
No votes
Kitchen Utensil (Wooden Spoon, Dildo)
16%
Made you go get a switch
4%
My Parents were Hippies and put me in Time Out
13%
Closet items (coat hangers, Shoes, Dildo)
7%

Total votes: 142

Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Curious .. what did your parents beat you with? Mine used belts, perhaps a wooden spoon if handy.
If you were put in timeout you probably have too many issues to list here.

I got suspended for fighting in the 4th grade and made the mistake of playing Hot Wheels while awaiting my moms arrival from work. The tracks went a flying.
Last edited by Seebs on January 13, 2004, 4:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Hand mostly, frying pan once.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Need to add coathangers (Mommy Dearest style) and shoes.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Korell
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Korell »

My parents were big on the time out method, but they loved to use psychology to make me feel like crap. Really the best way I believe, if you can make the kid understand hes a piece of shit for doing what he did.. he won't do it again.

All spanking does is create really weird fetishs. No way I could spank my kids, because I would start thinking about how I was smacking their mom's ass the night before. I'd prolly sprout some wood and create a whole other problem for the kid to deal with later on in life.
Korell
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Board/Belt.

And looking back, I'm glad they did it. And I'm looking forward to doing it to my kids. - Dennis Leary
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

I voted for the "Time Out" option, but that isn't really accurate. My parents never hit me and brought me up believing that hitting children is wrong (this was not an invitation to open that can of worms, I was stating a fact).

I was grounded or yelled at or (usually!) both!
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

wtf... paddle is not on the list? We're talking about a TOOL specifically made for ass beating! (drilled holes for removing wind resistance to boot!)

Paddle/Belt (old fashioned parents - why hurt your hand when it's your kid that needs the pain?)
- Ash
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

So you time out guys never flushed two cartons of Winstons down the shitter and recited to your parents "I mind very much if you smoke!'

Man what an ass beating.
Last edited by Seebs on January 13, 2004, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Lol Seebs.

Ash, I thought the holes were for the blistering effect...
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

It's not that my folks beat me a lot, it's that each time was so unusual that it made a big impressions. 2 times with the hanger, once with the shoe, once with the belt vs. like a million groundings.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Laliana
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Laliana »

Hand and only once with a belt, my brothers got the broom! :lol:
Warlock of Ixtlan ~ Whisperwind
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I used to have to go get a switch... man, it was hard to find a good one.
en kærlighed småkager
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Switch here... :)
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Logic, common sense and my own conscience. The last one really stung at times.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Ducru
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ducru »

"Blackie" - The belt equivalent of a Howlitzer. 2 inches broad and a quarter inch thick.

Jesus it hurt if they missed my ass. Dad would look at me, roll up his sleeves and say "Go get Blackie". You could almost here my brother thinking "DEAD MAN WALKING" as I scuffled down the hall to the closet where "Blackie" was stored.

I have no children yet, but about a year ago, I looked down at my Banana Republic, black leather belt and rearlized, "Holy Shit!! I own a 'Blackie." Can't wait to have kids now=)

Ducru
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

hippie parents so time out for me.

now my sister who was a hell-raiser got spanked a bunch.

she is 17 now and exacted revenge on my parents by driving them absolutely crazy.

funny that you mentioned that hot wheels story Seebs. ON a sports talk show here in Atlanta a couple weeks ago the hosts were talking about this exact topic, and a caller called in saying he got whipped with those flexible orange tracks that you would use with your hotwheels/matchbox cars.

he said he could never play with the toy again after that ass beating!!
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

Aranuil wrote:And looking back, I'm glad they did it. And I'm looking forward to doing it to my kids. - Dennis Leary
But Dennis Leary later on said, "I got good kids, I love my kids. I'm trying to bring them up the right way, not spanking them... I find that waving the gun around pretty much gets the same job done."
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Drustwyn
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Drustwyn »

Spanked with "The Rod of Correction" which was some reference to an Old Testament Bible verse... It was a gigantic paddle that was made specifically for spankings.

My parents would wait until they weren't angry with us, talk about what we did, talk about what we should have done, discuss how doing "bad things" can sometimes have short/long term consequences, spank us, and then hug us until we stopped crying (if we cried).

My mom was a bit more skilled at it than my dad. I was a good kid though, and didn't get spanked much.
Kyria
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kyria »

I only remember being spanked with a belt once. My dad kept hitting me because I wouldn't stop screaming, and I wouldn't stop screaming because he wouldn't stop hitting me. It was a no-win situation, and he and I are both VERY stubborn and have to have the last word.

I won't hit my son with an object, but you can be damn sure I'll open-handed spank his little smartass:p
Av Base by OopsIArted, Sig Base by Fizelle's Dolls
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

Whats a switch?

I think the worst punishment I had was having an older brother who liked to beat me up due to the 5 year difference, he would body slam me and damn near kill me and when I started to cry, he would tickle me til I laughed, so my parents came upstairs and see me laughing and go back downstairs.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Wooden Spoons, fly swaters, leather belts, etc...
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

If sure there is something to be learned from these thus far. no idea what it is, just that older generations were more grizzled.

Example: My father was bit on the lip by his pet dog when he was eight. My Dad's dad went outside and killed the family dog with a shovel and kicked the twitching dog in a stump hole.

I have trouble killing anything with eyelids. Three generations, quite a difference.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

Belt and hand mostly. Fly swatter a couple times, wooden spoon once (it broken on first hit), clothes hanger once (that shit HURT!)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

My dad used to get mad as hell at me but I was too fast for him, and there was a crawlspace in the basement that he couldn't fit into (he's not fat but he's a big fucker), and my mom wouldn't go in just to pull me out so my dad could whale my ass.

One time I spent two days in there playing with my old toys and reading books until he promised not to tan me.

I firmly believe that spanking is for the parent more than is to discipline a kid though.
Kyria
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kyria »

The absolute WORST punishment I ever got was when I was a teenager and my parents would make me sit and watch 'Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman' with them:( Pure torture:(
Last edited by Kyria on January 13, 2004, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Av Base by OopsIArted, Sig Base by Fizelle's Dolls
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

a switch is basically a stick.

but specifically a branch from a woody bush. if your mom or dad says "go pick yerself out a switch" you go outside, try to determine if a dry branch will whip your ass less painfully than a flexible living branch.

you bring it back in, pull down your britches, and proceed to get whipped.

basically its like caning, but thankfully bamboo doesn't grow naturally in the Southeastern US!
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

Belt here also, he would fold it in half.... "SNAP" it (I still have truama from that sound, even snapping towels makes me cringe) and proceed to beat ass.
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Don't forget to add rubber hose to the list!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Runcade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Runcade »

My mom loved the wooden spoon and the sandal when we were riding in the car. She even broke her hand once cause my brother was the kind of kid that would laugh and say that didnt hurt so she would do it again and again
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

you forgot the biggest step voro. after you bring in your dry stick, your mom/dad would laugh and tell you that you have one more chance to pick one out, or they would do it.

i always got the hand. i had the belt a time or two, the flyswatter, soap in the mouth, and the wooden spoon, but that broke, so they had to resort to one of them new aged non-stick graphite spatulas with the slits in it. i could (and usually did) outrun my mom while my dad was at work, but i was scared shitless to run from my dad knowing the added punishment would be hell.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I got whooped till I was about 12 and then it was grounding after that. I preferred the whippings actually. Wooden Spoon was my mom's weapon of choice till it broke a couple times or we buried it. She always had some asshole she was fucking around that she would get to beat us as well. Childhood was swell!!

There was a wooden paddle once as well but that got buried pretty quick too. Usually I just lied my way out of trouble. My brother was always getting in trouble though and was a laugher so he was grounded most of his life.
Deward
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

Ebumar tells you, 'my dad beat me with his cock'
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

I wasn't spanked too often, but it was usually with the hand if at all. I think my mom would chase me with a fly swatter and threaten me with the wooden spoon, but I was faster and would tear off down the hall to my room anyways. Which is probably where she wanted me because as soon as I was there - time out time. And time out was never really all that much of a torture, since all my toys and books were in my room anyways.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The beating evolution:
Hand
wooden spoon
metal spoon
wooden paddle
wooden paddle with hole drilled in for less wind resistance
after the last one broke on my ass we graduated to...
the Riding Crop.

That lasted awhile until I had enough and lit the thing on fire and chased my mom around the house. She never hit me after that.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I was never hit. At an early age I found the phone number to the child abuse hotline and threatened to use it if ever touched! Use your brains kids!

In kindergarten I trashed a bathroom after recess with a friend and got caught. Corporal punishment was still in vogue back then and I got swatted by the princpal. I didn't cry but my friend cried like a baby. What a wuss!

kidding on the abuse phone#. I was spanked one time with a belt.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

heh, the best day of my elementary school life is when they outlawed corporal punishment. i went into class with a smile reaching both ears. then continued to spend the better part of the rest of my education in the hallway or detention. :?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

A wooden spoon reserved for that purpose, until it broke. The extension cord off the frying pan once or twice after that. And of course grounding on occasion.

My kids got a mix of the hand, time out, grounding etc.. depending on the deed. Time out didn't really work for shit that I saw.

We had a cat that bit my son on the face pretty hard. Just sitting on the couch and it leaned over and bit the crap out of him. It was in the pound 2 hours later. It had never liked kids, but had previously been happy just to stay away from them. Really sucked, it was a pretty cool cat.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Lor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lor »

The Hand until I laughed at my Mom, that pissed her off so much she grabbed the belt and nailed me with it.... unfortunatly for me she grabbed the middle and got me with the Buckle... Weeeeee Doggie that stung!!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Probably hand the most, although I have bad memories of plastic spatulas...
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Leeroie
No Stars!

Post by Leeroie »

Depends on how pissed off my mom was. If she was beyond pissed, then whatever was around, I was gettin tha hell beat outta me. If she's just upset, then a belt. What's worst, is when you have to go out and pick your own switch, and get sent outside to play with your friends so they can make fun of your welps on your legs.
Coatlicue [KoE]
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Coatlicue [KoE] »

My dad was an abusive father who solved his issues with hitting us with his belt, hand, whatever was in reach for him. I can't even count the times he hit me across the back, the face, the back of my head... When I got bigger and started to become more numb to the belt, he would then resort to literally throwing me around. I've hit the wall and fallen with a thud many a times. My dad is a big guy, about 320lbs, and strong as hell (now he's not, he's a kitten now who I have eating out of my hand when I ask him to do something for me!).

He would hit me for anything... yelling back at him, not finishing my dinner/breakfast/whatever, looking at him the wrong way... and my mom resorted to abuse too because she was always too scared to stand up to him and thought it would be better to beat her children than tell him to fuck off and leave us alone.

After I called the police on him finally when I was 12 years old (the police came and didn't do anything, said that a parent has a right to discipline their children), he got spooked and never laid a hand on me again.

Although, when he was feeling "creative" and was too tired to hit us, he's resort to a different punishment. We had a huge fucking dictionary, musta weighed at least 10 lbs... he would make me hold the dictionary over my head for minimum 3 hours while standing in the corner.. and if I budged for ANY reason, like lowering my arms, bending them, squirming cause I had to take a piss, etc, he'd add an extra hour on there. If you think that is easy, try it sometime...

I hated the belt the worst out of all the physical objects he hit me with, because they always left cuts or welts on my skin. He'd punch me in the face a few times, but at least the swelling went down fairly quickly.. the cuts and welts always burned real bad when showering or even moving around in not-so-soft clothing.

I remember, my first day of 3rd grade.. I had my brand new T-Shirt from a New Kids on the Block concert... and I was nervous because it was the first day of school... I couldn't finish my cereal and so he got pissed, dumped it on my head, beat me across the head and back with his belt, then made me go to school with my clothes all wet with milk and frosted flakes.

ahh the memories
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I did get hit once in a blue moon with their hand, but mostly, they made me kneel (on a hard floor) facing the corner of the wall for an hour. That hurt more.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

I was never hit, though i was told on my 1st day of school by my grandfather "if any of those little sonovabitches trys to hit you, you hit them back as hard as you can, get sent to the principles office and il buy you a toy"
that and my older brother telling me that i should go to the teacher and tell her "hey mrs______, your a fucking whore", gave me a smooth, trouble and conference free 1st few years of school 8)
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Coatlicue [KoE] wrote:After I called the police on him finally when I was 12 years old (the police came and didn't do anything, said that a parent has a right to discipline their children), he got spooked and never laid a hand on me again.

Although, when he was feeling "creative" and was too tired to hit us, he's resort to a different punishment. We had a huge fucking dictionary, musta weighed at least 10 lbs... he would make me hold the dictionary over my head for minimum 3 hours while standing in the corner.. and if I budged for ANY reason, like lowering my arms, bending them, squirming cause I had to take a piss, etc, he'd add an extra hour on there. If you think that is easy, try it sometime...

ahh the memories
godamn, if thats not an incentive to go "natural born killers style" on your parents, i dont know what is 8)
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Damn Coat... that makes me really sad just reading it.

Being a Psych major and my Dad being a Psychologist when I grew up they weren't big on spanking or physical punishment and netiher am I. If you do it all the time it becomes meaningless.

For me I was a good kid. I got 3 switchings my entire life and none of them left physical marks. My Dad believed, as do I, that physical punishment is effective as a last resort or when they are endangering their life. I feel it's difficult to argue with #2 but the key to #1 is last resort. Last resort dosen't mean, I've told you 5 times get a belt, it was open definance. I remember all 3 of those but not the actual switching. What I remember more than anything was having to go out to that bush with the little tiny pink flowers and find a branch. All in all it may have been more psych punshment that physical.

My son is almost 14 months old and has never been spanked, yet his teachers at daycare say he is the most well behaved kid in the room and the only one that seems to understand the word "no." A while back they asked if we spanked him because he obviously listened... Heh, I was very quick to give them all a lession in Psych 101 and small children. (ie Tell them no and remove them from the situation, be consistant and don't laugh and don't use the same fun tone, but there is no need to scream) Yes usually they go right back, it takes time but for us so far it's working well.

My first spanking / switching was at age 4 when I kept running out into a busy street to dodge cars at my Grandmothers house. The other two were about 4 years later. If my life haddn't been in jeapoardy I'm sure they wouldn't have done it at what I consider an "early" age. I can't really see spanking a child under 3 or 5 nor spanking them after age 12.

IMHO...

Marb
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

I got the wooden spoon once, though I was mostly spanked with the hand on my bottom.

When I got older, they would ground me... though I always found ways to get out of it.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Mom had the spoon and the soap.

Dad had the belt, worn at all times, aside from when he was beating the piss outa me.

Both used their hand if they could not get anything else.

My grandfather used to work in the school I went to, if I was bad then, I was send to him instead of the principal. He used his hand too.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Wooden spoon. All she had to do was raise it and I was terrified.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

wooden spoon and acerbic tone
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

Why is penis not on the list? Penis needs to be on the list...
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)