What The Fuck...making the Orange Bowl family friendly?

What do you think about the sports world?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What The Fuck...making the Orange Bowl family friendly?

Post by Voronwë »

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/ne ... 598186.htm

not on my watch
Perhaps to the chagrin of some beer-chugging football fans, University of Miami games at the Orange Bowl stadium are about to become more tame -- with limited alcohol sales and a larger police presence.

The new rules, which will be enforced immediately, are the latest effort by the city of Miami and UM to bring a more ''family type'' atmosphere to Canes games, where fights sometimes break out among unruly -- and often drunk -- fans.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Wow, I was under the impression that they couldn't serve alcohol at NCAA games. Is it because the University doesn't own the stadium? Or do they own it?

I've always had to sneak booze into college games around here.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Used to sell beer like mad at OU games. Then they cut down the beer selling, then they wouldn't let people leave the stadium at halftime to get beer elsewhere.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

The Orange Bowl is not on campus, and is not University property.

The university leases it for football games, but that's it. They don't just serve alcohol there. They serve it all over the place.

I have never been to any pro sports stadium that not only had as good of prices on booze, but as plentiful of a supply. Basically, like every 10 feet in that shithole's concoure there is a guy with an icy tub dispensing booze to hundred of sweaty, lightly clothed, young persons.

anyway, they can actually tone it down, and still have plenty of alchohol available.

the part about ticket checking is bullshit. last year for the FSU game we sat in the student section, and obviously didnt have student tickets. its simply more fun there. Hope we get to do that this year.
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

As far as I know the only College campus that sells Beer at games on its premises is UNO unless thats changed very recently.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The Orange Bowl is a shithole because of the fans, not the booze. :razz:

They've never sold booze at Florida Field, but you're allowed to leave and re-enter. Needless to say, the bars across the street are always fucking PACKED around halftime. We have very few fights, and, since they quit seating frat blocks behind the visitors' section, no more golden showers.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

masteen wrote:The Orange Bowl is a shithole because of the fans, not the booze. :razz:

They've never sold booze at Florida Field, but you're allowed to leave and re-enter. Needless to say, the bars across the street are always fucking PACKED around halftime. We have very few fights, and, since they quit seating frat blocks behind the visitors' section, no more golden showers.
yeah i'd much rather have to walk across the street and do my drinking in 10 mins competing with 50,000 people to belly up to the bar. no thanks, i'll walk 10 feet and drink all game

rationalize how you want, but no booze = lame as hell. bee LEEVE it!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Voronwë wrote:rationalize how you want, but no booze = lame as hell. bee LEEVE it!
I used to tuck a little flask in my band uniform, since it's hard to hit the Porpoise when you're s'posed to be on the field :D

Back on topic, the only thing that will improve the Orange Bowl is a wreching ball. :vv_flamethrowingsmiley:
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Denadeb wrote:As far as I know the only College campus that sells Beer at games on its premises is UNO unless thats changed very recently.
When I went to school at WVU, we had beer there. Then again, they are a pretty drunken crowd and school :twisted:
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

masteen wrote:
Voronwë wrote:rationalize how you want, but no booze = lame as hell. bee LEEVE it!
I used to tuck a little flask in my band uniform, since it's hard to hit the Porpoise when you're s'posed to be on the field :D

Back on topic, the only thing that will improve the Orange Bowl is a wreching ball. :vv_flamethrowingsmiley:
if by "improve" you mean: demolition is the only thing that would give the gators a chance of having a national title shot in the next 4 years...particularly if that wrecking ball happened to hit during a Canes practice ...then yah i'll give you that :p
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

We don't play y'all after this season, so things are looking up sooner than 4 years!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

hehe indeed!