Rob Halford rejoins Judas Priest!!!

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Rob Halford rejoins Judas Priest!!!

Post by Tenuvil »

Best music news I've heard in a long long time.

ROB HALFORD REUNITES WITH JUDAS PRIEST

WORLD TOUR COMING IN 2004

SEVERAL PROJECTS ARE IN THE PLANNING STAGES

After more than 12 years apart Judas Priest and original lead vocalist Rob Halford have reunited for a global live concert tour in 2004. The definitive Judas Priest lineup of Rob Halford, lead guitarist Glenn Tipton, lead guitarist K.K. Downing, bassist Ian Hill and drummer Scott Travis are back.

The original band members have been re-establishing their personal and professional relationships since 1999 along the way sparking hundreds of reunion rumors.

Several exciting projects, in addition to the 2004 world tour, are in the early planning stages.

The long-awaited reunion of Judas Priest and Halford will thrill fans around the globe, and once again provide them with the opportunity to see and hear the band that defined Heavy Metal as we know it today.

Judas Priest rose from the gritty, working-class steel town of Birmingham, England, and became one of the biggest bands in the world. Judas Priest are considered the groundbreaking inventors of true Heavy Metal music. From their debut release 'Rocka Rolla' through monumental albums such as 'Sad Wings of Destiny,' ''Sin After Sin,' 'Stained Class,' 'Hell Bent For Leather,' 'Unleashed in the East,' 'British Steel,' 'Screaming for Vengeance,' 'Defenders of the Faith' and 'Painkiller,' titanic songs like "Victim of Changes," "Sinner," "Exciter," "Hell Bent for Leather," "Living After Midnight," "Breaking the Law" and "You've Got Another Thing Comin' '' were born. Judas Priest defines and epitomizes both sonically and visually the Heavy Metal genre.

Next year's reunion tour will also celebrate the band's 30th anniversary.

Judas Priest and Ripper Owens, who replaced Halford, have parted amicably by mutual agreement. The band is very grateful for Ripper's work in helping them to continue to bring Judas Priest's music to their millions of fans and they expect big things for him in the future.

Updates will be posted regularly at http://www.judaspriest.com
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

LEATHER REBEL!!!!!!! Wow, I am quite surprised to see them going for it after all this time. Good for them! Do what you love to do, despite being well out of today's androgenous and mostly boring pop-music environment. :)

I was never really a fan of Judas, but appreciate the mark they made on rock-n-roll in the 80's :)
en kærlighed småkager
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Already got a group ready for the Tour!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I was listening to some MP3 CDs the other day and the Turbo album came on. It was actually better than I remember. I know that album received a lot of flak for being too synthesized or whatever but I don't think it's that bad.

As for Ripper Owens, at least from the VH1 Behind The Music specials, it's almost freaky how much he sounded like Rob Halford. Never heard an album with him singing though so can't say for sure really.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Screaming for Vengeance was a great album. "You've Got Another Thing Coming"

I though the movie Rock Star based on Judas Priest was pretty good.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0202470