Fun with tech support

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Fun with tech support

Post by Niffoni »

Ah, adventures in trying to reactivate old accounts for the summer...

Try to follow:
1) I need my EQ password to activate an old account. I don't remember my password as I changed it a lot (as anyone should), and have lost the info in the months I've been gone.
2) I go to Password Recovery and fill in all required info. It sends my new password to my old, non-functioning e-mail. Yay. It also changes my password for me, so now not only do I not remember it, NO ONE knows what it is.
3) I cannot change which address to send the password to, because I need to provide that password to edit my info.

All fair enough so far, right? I mean, that's standard password recovery proceedure. Stupid me for losing the password and switching net services. My bad.

Enter tech support.

I mail them with all available information asking them if it's possible to recover my password in spite of my stupidity. I wait one week. A friendly e-mail arrives informing me that sometimes the system doesn't work right, and they're sorry, but everything should be fine now, and have a nice day.

My return e-mail, which i hope actually gets read, was more than civil, But I am not amused. :roll:

I'm laughing about it. What else can i do? =p I should probably just call.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Moongrinn
No Stars!

Post by Moongrinn »

Well you should know by now CS is horrible, not sure what else to tell you, aside from calling them and telling the the CC numbers of the account as you would be the only one with such info.