No
32%

Total votes: 28

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Change to new server?

Post by kyoukan »

I personally feel we should switch over to the new server. The lag and stupidity at peak times on Beryl is beyond retarded right now.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Honestly doesn't matter to me either way. I'll be slightly annoyed at having to pound through the BRs again, but it's np.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I am game for the new server. . .getting those first couple BR aint that hard anyway and besides this will give new folks a chance to start on even ground.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I am still at work, but devs just created a third world. . .lets kick the crap out of emerald and be numbah one squad.
kurzweil
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by kurzweil »

Spent tonight there. Sanctuary is much quieter. Only saw one person getting run over.

There is still lag, there are still massive battles on Cyssor. Was having fun dogfighting in a reaver when an organized NC outfit showed up (I'm assuming) -- at least 5 reavers, 2 galaxies, a few mosquitoes, assorted vehicles, maxes, and infantry.

Giant furball in the air over the base was fun while it lasted. Certed in AA MAX and proceeded to take down all 5 reavers and a mosquito before they killed me. Quite interesting getting rammed by a dying Galaxy on the rooftop of a tower. Missed the screenshot button tho.

I was going to cancel AA MAX, but now, well, I'm not so sure. :D
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

No don't change, everyone we know who is here knows we are here. Impossible to co-ordinate a 50 person server move. The server populations will shift in time and we have one of the most unmovable groups (i'd bet) of any.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

if we move how we gonna kill Faille (all ya gotta do is track the smoke trail from his Phoenix!), and those dorks that stuck with VS? :(
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Vannoth
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Vannoth »

I have played on both C and E servers.

Its *much better*.

I would suggest moving to the E server, personally.

I'm not too picky on where everyone goes though.

-Van
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Like Aranuil said pounding back through the BRs would kinda suck, but I will go where ever.
Sabek
Just Sabek
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

It does seem like kind of a waste, and a logistics nightmare to move everyone over. I'm not saying we wouldn't rock, but we'd be behind the curve in certs and gear if we didn't get in right away.
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

Sturmgrenadier moved over to the emerald server. That was probably the large NC squad you saw. Those guys will probably be near the top of that server and would at least give some good competition. They have broken into 2 battle groups and regularly have 50+ peeps in Battlegroup II.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Well I posted this thread before the third server went up. I'm kind of on the fence about changing again. We'll see.

All I know is I can't take that peak time lag.
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

You're assuming any server we jump onto now with OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of effort will be any better... I heard suggestions to hit 2 server, it's now as congested, if not more than number 1. And with 15,000+ people invited to open beta, I see server choice as something for people who click that 'welcome to planetside' tab, but not for a 50+ person established outfit (2nd on server).
kurzweil
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by kurzweil »

Somali wrote:Sturmgrenadier moved over to the emerald server. That was probably the large NC squad you saw. Those guys will probably be near the top of that server and would at least give some good competition. They have broken into 2 battle groups and regularly have 50+ peeps in Battlegroup II.
These guys showed up and proceeded to systematically uproot Terrans. Terrans went from holding approx half of Cyssor to one base by the Sanc gate, and that was under attack.

A shot of their forces, plus the fun die-and-see-through-the-world bug. Not visible, several tanks, and at least 2 deliverers.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

WTF! Only two Galaxies and 4 Reavers! GET THEM! =P
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Heh, we would readily pwn that attack, unless those gals were completely full. But then again, our engies own all and I doubt they'd have a shot at the CC for long.
Blackwind
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Blackwind »

I voted yes....pounding out BR is nothing in my book....not like we're going to keep our BR on final release or something. :) I'm game for a server with less freakin people on it anyday. :)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Our air department would have shot 3 little reavers down before they got inside the walls. The only thing we fear is teh phoenix.