Saddam lives

What do you think about the world?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Saddam lives

Post by Aslanna »

Or so Iraqi TV says. Supposedly he will be giving a speech shortly.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Interesting speech, despite what MSNBC says I really doubt this was taped between the ultimatum and the first attack. How could he talk at length about Umm Qasr when I really doubt anyone thought it would last this long (it is right on the Kuwait border and the only real port in Iraq) if it was taped that far in advance. The heroism he was speaking of in Umm Qasr could not be more then 36 hours old, I am guessing about 24 (before the POW's). The speech was pretty clear, fight, kill, go to heaven, typical fundamentalist jargon of just about any religion. If it wasn't a double it appears he is alive and looking pretty ok.
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

That speech pretty much convinced me that Saddam is dead.

The Umm Qasr conflict was predictable. A pretty obviously necessary route and Saddam surely knew of the veritable arsenal the Ba-ath party in that town possessed.

He did however thank by name the commander of the 51st Batallion...who as I recall surrendered 3 days ago?

It's a tape he is dead, injured or on an island with Elvis and JFK...
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

He could have guessed. I myself wasn't really sure. There wasn't that many speciifics in his speech. No mention of the POWs which I would have thought would have been mentioned.

--
Millie

Post by Millie »

He isn't necessarily dead, but I would wager that he fled the country long ago. He's releasing these tapes periodically, to give both the U.S. and his own soldiers the impression that he's still in Baghdad.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Millie wrote:He isn't necessarily dead, but I would wager that he fled the country long ago. He's releasing these tapes periodically, to give both the U.S. and his own soldiers the impression that he's still in Baghdad.
there is no way he can get out of Iraq. On land he will find no sanctuary across any of his borders. The country of exile would most likely have been in Central Africa, and there is no way a plane gets out of Iraq now unnoticed.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2880561.stm
Even the coalition report of last week that the commander of the Iraqi 51st Division at Basra had surrendered was later downgraded to a "brigade" commander and the New York Times now says that the man concerned was actually a junior officer "masquerading as a higher-up in
an attempt to win better treatment".

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Voronwë wrote:
Millie wrote:He isn't necessarily dead, but I would wager that he fled the country long ago. He's releasing these tapes periodically, to give both the U.S. and his own soldiers the impression that he's still in Baghdad.
there is no way he can get out of Iraq. On land he will find no sanctuary across any of his borders. The country of exile would most likely have been in Central Africa, and there is no way a plane gets out of Iraq now unnoticed.
I bet he packed up some loot, drove to Jordan and hopped a plane to Africa weeks ago.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

miir wrote:
Voronwë wrote:
I bet he packed up some loot, drove to Jordan and hopped a plane to Africa weeks ago.

And any country Harbouring him needs to be next.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

And any country Harbouring him needs to be next.
Yeah after all Bush wanted him to leave the country! It was just a trick to attack yet another country, eh!
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

No commander he named has surrendered or been captured, every one he named is actively in control of his forces. He's alive

Jefferson
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Pherr the Dorf wrote:No commander he named has surrendered or been captured, every one he named is actively in control of his forces. He's alive
Not for Long I hope
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

/agree, I was hoping to see a bomb drop during the video.
As far as Umm Qasr, you predicted we would bypass the only port city and rush straight to Baghdad? Leaving only a small amount of troops to try and take over basra and umm Qasr? Allowing them to harass our flanks and rear with the Martyr's brigade? Wow, nice call, you win a cupie doll.

Jefferson
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

If Osma can get away, I assume that Saddam can. At any rate, never say never. You could easily end up looking like a chump.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Osama can get away because there are people in Iran as well as Pakistan (bordered Afghanistan) who are sympathetic to him.

There is no love for Saddam from his neighbors. Additionally, he is not used to a nomadic as well as espionage-like lifestyle, and bin Laden is.

Saddam is used to hiding within his system of bunkers and palaces, which i dont think he will abandon.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Im sure Saddam is alive hiding someplace in Iraq, and he will not be captured in this war. If anything Saddam will be in Sumalia or some shit in 10 years on a cave by the beach sippin some cool-aid and will be found off guard then.
Gurugurumaki
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Gurugurumaki »

does "Saddam" even exist, or is this a made up dictator in a ploy by the Zionist nation to wage warfare?
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Gurugurumaki wrote:does "Saddam" even exist, or is this a made up dictator in a ploy by the Zionist nation to wage warfare?

God everytime I see your Avatar I giggle

ImageImageImage

Bannana Orgy