Great.

What do you think about the world?
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Great.

Post by Akaran_D »

Looks like some moron IN OUR OWN ARMY tossed a grenade into a tent filled with US soldiers, 1 confirmed ead, about 12 more confirned injured.

Ya'll hear about this?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

Very sad :(
Brotha
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Brotha »

Yeah I heard about it, here's an article about it for those who haven't.
Military criminal investigators said the suspect was recently reprimanded for insubordination and was told he would stay behind when his unit left camp for Iraq, Lacey said.
Sort of reminds me of the fraggings in Vietnam. I don't think it's linked to terrorism or whatever, but we'll see.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

This is terribly sad.

You're in a war zone and you can't trust your own people... it doesn't get much worse that this. How do you tell some mother her son was fragged by another American?

Insubordination might have earned this guy 3 - 5 years in Ft. Leavenworth. Now he will be doing life at hard labor (if the Court Martial is lenient).
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Am I the only one who thinks this war is a fucking joke. (other than Canadians :wink: )
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

It is and it isnt. I think the goal is good if it can be done so as to solve more problems than it causes, but the excuses advanced for it are a joke. I just keep my eye on the fact that I personally think he should be removed for being a homicidal knob. As long as the overall casualties are less than about 5 years of what he was doing himself its a fairly good deal for the species as a whole. Sucks for those who pay the price for the future, but... :(
*Hugs*
Varia
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

All in all, the primary objective of the war is very noble and just.

Having said that, how "primary" the primary objective is remains to be seen once the war is over. If we spend 2 weeks getting rid of Saddam, and 2 years worrying/arguing over who gets control of the oil fields, then we'll know what the real intent was all along I suppose.

If things were black and white though, (which they never are) we're doing this war for the right reasons and it is justified.

Edit: Oh yeah, the US Soldier tossing grenades into his own camp is fucked up. I thought it was a misprint when I first read it.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
observers
No Stars!

Post by observers »

If you know your military law, The commander has the authority to execute this FUCK now. Treason is a death sentance in a war zone ( BTW so is sleeping on post... where was the watch ?? >> )
Deciever Observers Dabackstabba** Rogue 65**
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I'm pretty sure we aren't on the look out for our own troops roaming around the camp. Well, im pretty sure we will be now.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Zamtuk wrote:I'm pretty sure we aren't on the look out for our own troops roaming around the camp. Well, im pretty sure we will be now.
they already had their eye on this guy. he wasnt going to go with them into Iraq because he wasnt permorming his duties properly and seemed to be acting in an erratic fashion.

it is a surprise when something like this happens, but in extremely stressful situations like war, some people simply crack.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

observers wrote:If you know your military law, The commander has the authority to execute this FUCK now. Treason is a death sentance in a war zone
I agree Observers, he should be tried, and if found guilty, executed before the week is out.

But you know this won't happen because we need to be sensitive to our Muslim brothers. It looks like this guy is also Black and it wouldn't do for us to be overly harsh on our Black brothers. And if you are both Muslim and Black, well they should give this guy a couple years of mental health visitations and arrange for him to have lunch with OJ.

Now, if you are just a little bit leftist, then maybe you give this guy a medal for pushing the limits of Civil Disobedience.

I'll be satisfied if he gets life in prison. You know the average prison guard is going to be a 100% red-blooded American patriot and this guy's life is going to be pretty much a hell on earth.
Ceredwin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ceredwin »

WOOT! civil disobediance at it's finest. Or can we say court martial and life at Levenworth as the most lenient this traitor will see.
Ceredwin Vanyar
Guardians of Veeshan
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i was thinking about the punishment for the guy on my way to work today.

my initial reaction was that he should be executed and thrown in a ditch.

but it actually may be better for the long term morale of the troops (which most likely won't be a problem) to ship him home and throw him in jail and give him a trial etc.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Death is a lot less than that hes getting now. I'll bet 100%.

They most likely didn't have a guard at the command area. When my unit is out in the feild, the only guards are around the whole area.As they said a company was pulling guard around the whole base/area they were set up in. Really no reason to pull guard on some tents. Your worried about people tring to attack you. Not about people throwing grenades,at their command because they personaly fucked up and was told they couldn't go in to combat.

This guy deserves to be shot just like how it calls for. A pistol right behind the right ear for treason in a war zone. I'd do it for them. You don't do shit to your buddies who have your back. This guy is a peice of shit, and should have been killed on sight. You do this shit OUT in the feild to your buddies, your ass is dead and you were killed by the "enemy".
Drakoslay123
No Stars!

Post by Drakoslay123 »

Can't believe this kind of shit happening. Sad.

Drakoslay
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Metanis wrote:I agree Observers, he should be tried, and if found guilty, executed before the week is out.

But you know this won't happen because we need to be sensitive to our Muslim brothers. It looks like this guy is also Black and it wouldn't do for us to be overly harsh on our Black brothers. And if you are both Muslim and Black, well they should give this guy a couple years of mental health visitations and arrange for him to have lunch with OJ.

Now, if you are just a little bit leftist, then maybe you give this guy a medal for pushing the limits of Civil Disobedience.

I'll be satisfied if he gets life in prison. You know the average prison guard is going to be a 100% red-blooded American patriot and this guy's life is going to be pretty much a hell on earth.
way to turn it into a partisan issue. too bad he didn't throw a grenade at a shithead like yourself.
Millie

Post by Millie »

Metanis wrote:Now, if you are just a little bit leftist, then maybe you give this guy a medal for pushing the limits of Civil Disobedience
Hooray for sweeping generalizations!

That's the equivalent of calling all right-wingers Fascists. But hey -- that wouldn't be too far off the mark, would it?
Hoarmurath
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Hoarmurath »

I'm 100% for protecting the 1st Amendment and letting the protesters do their thing, but as a vet myself, this picture really chaps my hide...

Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Nice picture!

Guns and violence is only OK if you do it to someone you dont like or something.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Hoarmurath wrote:I'm 100% for protecting the 1st Amendment and letting the protesters do their thing, but as a vet myself, this picture really chaps my hide...

i really dont understand the mentality of somebody who would hold a sign like that in public.
Millie

Post by Millie »

People walking around with signs like that are idiots. They have every right to wave that sign in public, but they'll get no respect from me by doing so. They give the rest of the anti-war crowd a bad name.
Ajran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Ajran »

when this first was reported i remember a blurb that the guy had recently converted to islam. I never heard any more of wether that was confirmed or not.
Drakoslay123
No Stars!

Post by Drakoslay123 »

Too radical for my taste. :evil:

Drakoslay
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Notice at least one of those holding that sign is wearing a mask. Brave indeed.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Ceredwin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ceredwin »

He was a convert to Islam, though this was only mentioned the first few hours on cable news. Former name was Mark Kools, changed his name to Asan Akbar.
Ceredwin Vanyar
Guardians of Veeshan
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

That picture is pathetic.
Me="leftist", but that sign sickens me to no end.
Bujinkan is teh win!