Life is Magic (iOS and Android)

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Life is Magic (iOS and Android)

Post by Winnow »

I heard about this game on a gaming Podcast and gave it a try.

Life is Magic uses Google maps to create a fantasy world right where you live. The stores around where you live become shops, dungeons, etc.

While the streets used are the same as those around you, the map is turned into a fantasy looking environment.

You can see other character icons around you if someone close by is playing. You can also teleport to other locations if you want to join up with some friends and explore their areas.

Best thing about the game is that Canada is called "Borealia".

As you travel the map, places keep their same names, for example, Pappa Johns' is still Pappa Johns.

The game is free. You have so much "mana" that you can spend each day. The payment part comes in if you want to keep playing before you mana recycles but no one should be playing portable games that long anyway. You pay mana to enter dungeons, etc.

When you enter a dungeon, you can advance through the dungeon levels. Each level will ask you if you want to continue or exit. If you exit, you keep all of your loot. If you continue and die, you lose all of your loot for that dungeon.

When you start out, you need to stick to small dungeons, etc. You can build influence in your area, and also the leader boards are active for individual dungeons, etc. Make sure you open all of the free wooden crates for free loots, exp, etc. There are locked chests as well that you can open if you have keys (earned or bought) Take out a dungeon and you can name it (i think) or your character's name is associated with it until someone else conquers it.

I'm going to take over Canada (Borealia) and make them my slaves!

It's free. It's fun (and even if it's not for you, it's free)

Here's a trailer for the game:

http://youtu.be/cxKYWM7fdKo?hd=1

Link to iOS version:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/life-is ... 77045?mt=8

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Life is Magic (iOS and Android)

Post by miir »

What's so amusing about Borealia?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

At least it wasn't Canuckistan
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Some of the names they are using are actually pretty clever.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Don't see that it is on Google Play yet. I see where it was supposed to come out fall 2012, guess there was some kind of delay. I've seen a few other games like this, but I have been wary at the location/who is nearby features.