Halal Internet

What do you think about the world?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Halal Internet

Post by Aabidano »

In the latest self destructive move, Iran is creating an internal "Halal Internet", taking the away the real internet.. In N Korea they never and it and don't know what they're missing.. Iran is another matter altogether.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1748123/iran ... l-internet
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Halal Internet

Post by Funkmasterr »

You were drunk when you wrote this, admit it.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:lol:
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I was in a hurry and on my tablet :)

Basically they're taking the "real internet" away from a young and highly educated group who've had access to it for years and are replacing it with something their clerics are cooking up. Free information flow scares the willies out of them as you'd imagine. How they expect this not to blow up in their face is beyond me.

Iran has been simmering for years, were it not for the stupid axis of evil speech cementing them against us and putting Ahmadinejad & Co. in power they might have boiled over years ago.

Unfortunately (for the glorious leaders) knowledge of how to get reasonably open access and hardware to do so is widely available.

In contrast to places like NK, China and Saudi Arabia that were developed with central monitoring and control in mind. Developed might be a strong word in NK's case, if you look at a night picture of NK there aren't any lights. Because there isn't any electricity
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."