What is your owned game count?

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

What is your owned game count?

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I was talking with a few of my gaming friends about how large our collections have gotten this generation. I've been gaming since the hobby's inception and I have never owned nearly as many games as I do now. I think I had around 20 Atari 2600 games, maybe 15-20 NES games, 15 SNes games, around 10 PS1 games, 25 PS2 games, ect. Now? It's pretty crazy. I was wondering people's total game count, per system this year (feel free to add handhelds). These are games you bought and have in your home right now. XBL and PSN games do not count (that would add another 30ish games for me!). We have some pretty serious gamers on this board so I was wondering if my peers have experienced a similar explosion of game purchases this generation compared to the past.

Xbox 360 = 149

PS3 = 35

Wii = 16

I only have a few more games to buy this year. Saints Row the 3rd, Skyrim, Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Halo Anniversary. I'm waiting on AC because I have yet to play Brotherhood. I may just get Skyrim and Saints Row. Hell, I don't know what I'm getting yet, I just know I'll be done until Diablo 3 when I do!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: What is your owned game count?

Post by miir »

I usually trade in games when I finish them.
My revolving catalogue of games is probably around 30-35.

Trading games really cuts down on how much money I spend on them and I don't really have an desire to store stacks of worthless dust collectors.

Today I traded in 2 DS games and got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.
Paid about $30 for each game and got $50 in trade in value.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The trade in thing is always at the back of my mind, but I take so long to finish games that by the time I'm ready to turn them in they aren't worth shit. The vast majority of my games have been acquired on sale or in cheapie bins (just picked up Dark Void for 3$!) with only a small percentage being bought full price. I'm also allergic to used games or something. I did buy DJ Hero 1 used, but it is my only used game. I also live with a full on delusion that I am going to go back and play games at some point in time. Trade in Bioshock 1 for 5$? Fuck you! It's worth more to me on the off chance I put it back in and play for an hour some day!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I refuse to let GameStop make a 3-500% profit margin on buying my used games. I'm in the same boat as fair, I'd rather keep a game on the off chance I'll play it then get 5 or 10 dollars for it.

I'll look at my exact numbers later but I'd imagine I'm sitting at almost the exact same numbers for each console as you fairweather.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

My best friend had almost my exact same count too, that's what made me curious!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zero!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I refuse to let GameStop make a 3-500% profit margin on buying my used games. I'm in the same boat as fair, I'd rather keep a game on the off chance I'll play it then get 5 or 10 dollars for it.
I never do trades unless it's on some sort of promotion.

They frequently have 'Power Trade' offers... +50% trade in value towards certain games. New releases often have trade in values of $30-$35. Power Trade promo bumps that up to $45-$52.50. Getting nearly $53 trade in value on a game I paid $60 is pretty fucking OK.

The Trade 2/3 promos are pretty good too. As long as the trade in value is over $8 they qualify. Trade in value gets bumped up to 20-25 bucks when you put it towards specific games.

I would never trade games for anything not on promo. The regular trade in values are always complete shit.
Until the trade in value drops below $8, you should never accept less than $20 on a trade in promo.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I dont like to sell games, so my count is:
PS3 = 9 games.....and 5 or 6 bougth from PSN store.
PS2 = 8 or 9 games.
PC = on the wrong side of 150 games, add 50 more from GOG and 50+ from Steam if you want to add digital games.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Maybe 40 or so for me between 360 and PS3. Temporary embargo until I complete Dead Island (only playing a couple hours a week max).
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

We actually got a database program that tracks these things (along with our other media) and its a bit staggering:
PS1- 92 Games?
PS2- 147 Games
PS3- 97 Games
Xbox- 36 games
360- 40 games
PSP- 20ish games on disk, maybe 30 downloaded
DS- 20ish games?

The wife got some binders and a program and we cataloged everything. We have like 6 big binders full of stuff.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I made an exel spreadsheet to keep track of my games, but I don't know if I put my older games in it, I'll have to check. I probably have 75-100 ps1 games alone. After selling 100+ NES games to funcoland when the SNES came out and thoroughly regretting it, I stopped getting rid of games.