Viva la Revolucion

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Viva la Revolucion

Post by Leonaerd »

May the impending double-dip recession be the worst and the last, as unrest becomes thicker than the skulls of those who vote these rodents into office.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Viva la Revolucion

Post by Funkmasterr »

I heard there was going to be punch and pie?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Punch for the religious right. Pie in remembrance of the last gas-powered oven.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I agree with the sentiment. I don't think that it's possible to repair our government - it's too far gone. The best I think that we can hope for is that whatever emerges from the post-collapse chaos won't suck more than what we already have.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I really don't think it will come to that, and hope that it doesn't.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Dow is down 500+. Fed is grasping at straws, and is powerless in the face of problems that our politicians / citizenry neither acknowledge nor have the capacity or willingness to fix.

Some of the chief problems are so deeply interwoven that I just can't fucking imagine any way out other than chaos.

1) Corrupt education with a shockingly poor focus / mission. They want us to be stupid and believe.

2) Lazy, entitled parents who ride on the easy successes of the bubbly past and spawn these abominable children with no. fucking. clue. Teach your children to doubt everything and work their asses off. They want us to believe the lies.

3) Belief. Suspending intuition and reason due to fear. Enough belief and you can easily squish any remaining human parts out of the drone entirely.

4) Apathetic, fearful, entitled culture of "i'm right because this is the opinion i have, and i couldn't handle the embarrassment / reality shock of caring enough to consider changing," leading to blind, hive-mind acceptance or rejection of policies / ideas / circumstances. Christ, I fucking hate the pretension and the entitlement of these jackals as we squander away the hard work of a few men whose names have long-since been forgotten.

5)Media, which will only get crazier and crazier as our culture slips further away from reality and into the Jersey Shore realm, accepting anything Murdoch wipes his ass with as the word of Jesus. They want us to believe this is how life is won.

I want to go on, or edit this down, but I won't. It just felt good to rant.......
Leonaerd, in an introspective moment wrote: I'm 24. I LOVE waking up and living in this world and questing and conquering. I get off on challenge so it is my constant pursuit. I have the confidence of a thousand drones and I feel bad for people like Avestan who would ignore a fellow human for any reason, when in reality we can all gain something from one another, vegans included.

Every single one of my local "friends" who I've known for a long time has no ambition, no direction, sip off their parents' riches from every angle they can... and they look down on me for trying so hard!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes. Like I was meant to live in the past, when attention spans made sense and boredom wasn't an option, amidst the daily battle for survival.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

George Carlin said it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO ... ata_player

Also, just in from Forbes, the top 400 wealthiest people in America just got 12% richer! Yay!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlenzn ... wealthier/
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I picked up 5K more shares of MVIS today at .76!

loving the doom and gloom!

just last week I was saying how great MVIS was at .89

,,,oh god...we're so fucked!