SWTOR preorder madness

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

SWTOR preorder madness

Post by masteen »

Preorders stated today, and they're doing a headstart thing based on when you apply your code to your account. I ordered from Amazon, and had my code less than an hour later.

Seems like many places are already sold out of CEs, but have unlimited supplies of the regulars. Both come with headstart.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: SWTOR preorder madness

Post by Canelek »

This is releasing in December? A bit early to preorder, eh? I take it there is some sort of incentive?
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

While I would love to be in the front line on opening day I just can't bring myself to preorder just yet. I don't want to rush or feel rushed. I'll sign up probably a week or so after release I think. Let things settle a bit.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

They only made 150k of the CE, so if you wanted one I hope you already ordered it. :)

Orrrrr, you can check eBay and get one for $500.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Canelek wrote:This is releasing in December? A bit early to preorder, eh? I take it there is some sort of incentive?
November 2nd
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Where did you come up with November 2nd? Everything I have seen says that they aren't releasing the date, beyond Holidays 2011, yet.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Star Wars: The Old Republic set the new bar for EA's pre-order sales according the to the notes for the Q1 Fiscal Earnings Release. The previous bar was set by Battlefield 3, but according to President Frank Gibeau during the investor's conference call today, SWTOR far exceed BF3's pre-order sales. In fact, according to Gibeau the sales exceeded the company's expected sales curve, therefore breaking records no one at the game developing company could have expected.
That sounds promising.

Also:
Those of you worried about The Old Republic's longevity (all three of you) can rest easy according to BioWare. Game director James Ohlen told Comic-Con attendees that the company hopes the game will stand the test of time.

"And our goal -- this being an online game that we're hoping is going to last for decades -- we're going to be, obviously, adding more to the galaxy map as the game progresses," he said. Ohlen went on to say that BioWare plans to add lots of content over the game's lifespan. "In 2025, we'll hopefully have 500 worlds," he remarked.
This "worlds" approach to expansions might work really well... you can keep the old worlds and improve graphics on new worlds (not that this would be any different with zoning in any mmo) I could see adding worlds with higher level engines/graphics, allowing the game to move forward while keeping the old worlds for the WoW/Poor/Redneck people.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Sounds good, but so does Secret World. It's all hype until the 30 day free trials expire and/or initial content is reached by a fairly large player base. If that all works out and people stay around, that would be the true test :)
en kærlighed småkager