Crash Bang Boom

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Crash Bang Boom

Post by Chidoro »

I know this is probably not the ideal target audience for my feelings, but is anyone else really tired of tier 2 superhero movies and bullshit cgi nonsense films? It all just looks like crap to me these days. Between the search for new ones, the awful sequels, and the reboots, it's just tiring already. This summer's films are filled with fucking dreck. If I didn't take my daughter to see things, I don't think I'd never step into the theater.
Maybe I'm just getting old
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Crash Bang Boom

Post by Canelek »

Super 8 was pretty good.

edit: As was Source Code and 'Super'
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Yea seriously...
Go see Super 8
And Bridesmaids.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

it's interesting you both say that, out of all of the movies, super 8 looks interesting and son of a bitch, the trailer for bridesmaids actually looks pretty good and I know it has that longer term run because of word of mouth.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Bridesmaids, eh? Just the title made me ignore it. Not a chickflick?
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Canelek wrote:Not a chickflick?
Not even close.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ahh, it is a Apatow flick. Hit or miss with that group, but looks like it is worth a watch.
en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Bridesmaids was ok, but don't kid yourself it was a chickflick with a hint of Superbad and Hangover. They even have a female "Alan". Even my wife was disappointed a bit, she liked it but wondered why women can't have a wild crazy movie, show us what happened in Vegas...the girl needed balls in her face dammit.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

There are a fucking shit ton of movies out there to watch. You just have to take a chance once in awhile. Instead of telling us what you don't like (summer action blockbusters), tell us what you do like. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions once we know your preferences.

You could always do Imax's summer series of movies. All shows are, like 5$ or something like that. Jaws, ET, Robocop, Goonies, Lost Boys, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Jurassic Park, and loads of other movies, all on the big screen again for a couple of days each!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Sometimes bad movies are great. Drive Angry was so bad it was impossible to stop watching...it made no sense, it had naked girls, horrible Nick Cage acting, Amber Heard, Amber Heard, some great cars and Amber Heard. I would never pay to see it, but Netflix is made for turning a boring night into something fun.

http://www.teenhollywood.com/2011/02/24 ... ving-angry
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

If you like movies about cock and swallowing cock, wholesale...

I hear there is a new fastfurious movie coming out soon!
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Fairweather Pure wrote:There are a fucking shit ton of movies out there to watch. You just have to take a chance once in awhile. Instead of telling us what you don't like (summer action blockbusters), tell us what you do like. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions once we know your preferences.

You could always do Imax's summer series of movies. All shows are, like 5$ or something like that. Jaws, ET, Robocop, Goonies, Lost Boys, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Jurassic Park, and loads of other movies, all on the big screen again for a couple of days each!
Point was, there looks like there's just too many wiz bang movies sucking up so much more so than I ever remember. I really won't go to the theater any longer unless it's for my daughter. Most of the stuff the wife and I see together are things from comcast on demand. We saw Waiting for Superman this past weekend. Will eventually get to The Kings Speech. But usually end up watching a standup comedian special, or catch up on the Colbert/Stewart shows we miss during the week.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Bridesmaids is actually pretty fucking funny.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Tyek wrote:Bridesmaids was ok, but don't kid yourself it was a chickflick with a hint of Superbad and Hangover
'Chick Flicks' are generally movies that deal with romance/love and relationships, and are targeted to female audiences.
The Notebook is a chick flick... Bridesmaids is not.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bridesmaids is a chick flick for sure.

It was ok. The beginning was pretty bad. I thought the police guy saved the movie and was underused.

If desperate for laughs, shit gags always work!

Green Lantern > Bridesmaids > First Class