Babies

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Babies

Post by Xouqoa »

"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Babies

Post by Spang »

Did you co-create her?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Congratulations on the baby girl! What's her name?

I never thought I would say this, but babies are pretty much the greatest things in the world. If I had it to do over again, I would've had as many kids as possible. Realistically, 2 is absolutely perfect for us though.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Grats bud! She's adorable :)
en kærlighed småkager
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:vv_wave1:

who's a lil larvae
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Grats Xou =) Welcome to the wonderful world of cleaning someone else's shi.. err..Parenthood. =)
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Congrats, Xou. Our first is approaching 2 years now, and we've got another one on the way (can't frickin' wait). It's an amazing, life-altering change. Enjoy it!
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I got a couple of those too!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wears the dirty diapers on his head while bopping around to House music.

Xoucow, don't be a miir!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Congrats Xou.

Enjoy it, they turn into little people before you know it.

Then teens, then (hopefuly) people again :)
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

Thanks all!

Her name is Juliana. She's actually our second. My son will be 21 months old in another week. He's not quite sure what to make of her yet. :)
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Congrats! It does go very quickly so enjoy it. My daughter is already 5 1/2 and she is a sharp one. We wish we decided to have another one, now we're both getting a little old (both 41).
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Chidoro wrote:Congrats! It does go very quickly so enjoy it. My daughter is already 5 1/2 and she is a sharp one. We wish we decided to have another one, now we're both getting a little old (both 41).
That's no excuse. I'm 42, have a 21 month old and another one on the way. Of course, my wife is only 35, so that makes a bit of a difference.
Xouqoa wrote:Thanks all!

Her name is Juliana. She's actually our second. My son will be 21 months old in another week. He's not quite sure what to make of her yet. :)
Doh.. I remember now that you had a kid just after we did, i just spaced out about that hah. Congrats again.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Thanks for reminding me that stupid inbred hicks are not the only ones breeding. You just need to have ~30 more and you'll offset the damage that one Cletus or Mormon does...

Fuck, now I'm depressed again.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

masteen wrote:Thanks for reminding me that stupid inbred hicks are not the only ones breeding. You just need to have ~30 more and you'll offset the damage that one Cletus or Mormon does...

Fuck, now I'm depressed again.
The opening to Idiocracy is epic and pretty much nails this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJF ... ata_player

(quick search from phone, looks like subtitles but still great)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Love that opener!

"I'm gonna fuck all y'all!"
en kærlighed småkager
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

Oh, I do so love that movie. :)
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

masteen wrote:Fuck, now I'm depressed again.
Throw a rock at the neighbors goat, that'll cheer you up!
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

goats are soft
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Xatrei wrote:
Chidoro wrote:Congrats! It does go very quickly so enjoy it. My daughter is already 5 1/2 and she is a sharp one. We wish we decided to have another one, now we're both getting a little old (both 41).
That's no excuse. I'm 42, have a 21 month old and another one on the way. Of course, my wife is only 35, so that makes a bit of a difference.
Her being 41, nearly 42, makes most of the difference. She's really the one who's disappointed. We just finally cleared out the attic with the toys/clothes/equipment my daughter outgrew for a twon-wide yard sale two weekends ago. Although both of us were sad, my wife took it very hard.

it's not about me though, it's about another veeshanite having a child.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

Chidoro wrote:
Xatrei wrote:
Her being 41, nearly 42, makes most of the difference. She's really the one who's disappointed. We just finally cleared out the attic with the toys/clothes/equipment my daughter outgrew for a twon-wide yard sale two weekends ago. Although both of us were sad, my wife took it very hard.

it's not about me though, it's about another veeshanite having a child.
One of the primary determining factors for birth defects is the age of the female bearing the child. My wife got the "old eggs" talk from her doctor when she got pregnant the first time, and she was 32 then. "Advanced maternal age" is what they call it, and the risk of down syndrome and other types of serious birth defects definitely rise as you approach/pass 40 years of age as a woman.

That said, healthy babies are born every day to women 35+, so it's just something you have to decide if you are willing to gamble with. There are several tests they can perform while the child is in the womb to at least give you a heads up if something looks like it might be wrong.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Age 37 is the cut off for when you really start to look at the statistical side of having a child. Yes, women can have them much older, but every year the statistics work against you. Then there is the entire manner of how old you'll be and how active you'll be able to when your child is grown. If you wait until your 40's, you may never see grandchildren!

Btw, I applaud all the VVers that waited to have children. I also admire the fact that many seem to have had your children so close together in age. These are the types of things that greatly increase stability for the family and shows good foresight and planning which are essential to being good parents IMO. I don't know about you all, but my 20's were all about me. In my 30's, life slowed down and I was in a great place to plan for and raise children. My wife and I are already making plans for when the kids have grown up and moved out!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'm going to be that token 60 year old dude coaching his son's little league baseball team. My 30's and 40's will probably be about me, too.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Thank god she didn't look like this! I'd hate to come to Texas finally to see you, only to bail you out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Grats Xou!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Xouqoa wrote:One of the primary determining factors for birth defects is the age of the female bearing the child. My wife got the "old eggs" talk from her doctor when she got pregnant the first time, and she was 32 then. "Advanced maternal age" is what they call it, and the risk of down syndrome and other types of serious birth defects definitely rise as you approach/pass 40 years of age as a woman.

That said, healthy babies are born every day to women 35+, so it's just something you have to decide if you are willing to gamble with. There are several tests they can perform while the child is in the womb to at least give you a heads up if something looks like it might be wrong.
We had ours at 38 and 40 I believe, and I count us extremely fortunate to have had healthy children. Each of those 9 months were probably the most stressful times I've had in my life. If she's very healthy, has good family health history and takes care of herself I think the odds are in your favor. (My wife is almost none of those) Another thing to consider imo is if you're pro-life or not. Without getting into the debate if you're not willing to live with a downs baby and you're not willing to end it if you find out it is, don't take the chance.