A word of thanks

What do you think about the world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

A word of thanks

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Since I obviously can't vote in every state, I want to give a word of thanks in advance to all the voters who cleaned out that liberal mess. If Boehner keeps his word then I do expect to see some bipartisan works on getting the spending under control and some actual progress. If not, then old Johnny will be gone with another wave of trash in 2012.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: A word of thanks

Post by Metanis »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Since I obviously can't vote in every state, I want to give a word of thanks in advance to all the voters who cleaned out that liberal mess. If Boehner keeps his word then I do expect to see some bipartisan works on getting the spending under control and some actual progress. If not, then old Johnny will be gone with another wave of trash in 2012.
I hate to be pessimistic on such a happy night.

But, I don't see them doing it. Any real budget cuts will hurt some big block of voters who will squeal like the porker in Deliverance. Politicians have no stomach for that sort of thing. Everyone will try to adjust to the massive budget deficits and stagflation but the misery index needs to break new heights before Americans will accept the pain of a real fix. This election has only slowed our rate of descent into the abyss.

PS. Regarding that voting in every state. Did you even try? I just told the nice lady at the polling place that I was an undocumented worker and she gave me all the ballots I could carry.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

I'm happy you have the government you deserve. But I will bet you my right hand that China will still be your Daddy by 2050.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Harry Reid thanks the tea party.

Also, tonight pretty much seals the deal for an Obama reelection.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

It's time for the parties to put aside their differences and work together for the commo..... MUAHAHAHAHA..

GOP win the house and the Dems hold on to the senate. Sounds like you people are in for a few years of pretty ineffective govt. Welcome to the club.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Animalor wrote:Sounds like you people are in for a few years of pretty ineffective govt.
The dems were doing that all by themselves, no one needs to help them :)
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

So the GOP retook the House... How long does a party have to fix the whole country these days? Everything should be better by March, or else we can start complaining about how ineffectual they are? Can't wait!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Sylvus wrote:So the GOP retook the House... How long does a party have to fix the whole country these days? Everything should be better by March, or else we can start complaining about how ineffectual they are? Can't wait!
MSNBC won't even give them until March. There will be a steady stream of "analysts" and "pundits" asking if the GOP is up to the job. I expect to see these articles starting later today. The rest of the Lamestream Media will join the act on the day after Congress actually commences in January.

Don't get me wrong, I think voters should expect and demand to see results very quickly. Then they will get to decide who has the better excuse for the inevitable poor showing. We get the government we deserve.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obama has been a complete failure so far.

The GOP taking the House is just enough to cause turmoil, assuring a Republican president in 2012 because Obama won't be able to to shit the rest of his term. The Republican president (with both Senate and House being controlled by GOP) will have a mandate for change in 2012.

Thanks to Obama. All he did was delay progress in the United States for 4 years. I suppose it was necessary though to get everyone fired up enough to be on the same page again.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Bitch please. Obama didn't delay progress, because that implies what the GOP delivers is progress.

Obama's problem is this: He ran a campaign promising change, and won the biggest margin for a non-incumbent Democrat since FDR's first term. The word mandate gets throw around a lot, mostly improperly by Republicans who've just won a super-tight race, but Barak had just that. And instead of ramming his big fat socialized-medicine cock down the throats of those shithead Republicans, he tried to have a fucking love-in.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

masteen wrote:he tried to have a fucking love-in.
Yeah, sure, the guy who didn't bother meeting personally with the Senate Minority Leader for 18 months after taking office. The guy whose answer to every effort to modify his stance was to puff out his chest and snark, "I won"!

From now one when I encounter one of those cheap Chinese screwdrivers in my tool drawer that has already folded and bent with just simple usage I'll call it a "Masteen". Just another piece of shit tool not worth keeping.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

What's sad is that you think it's acceptable that the GOP stonewalled everything for almost two years because Obama didn't take time from running the country to hold hands with Mitch.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

masteen wrote:What's sad is that you think it's acceptable that the GOP stonewalled everything for almost two years because Obama didn't take time from running the country to hold hands with Mitch.

Ummmm...no matter how much stonewalling the GOP did it made absolutely zero difference since the Dems had control of everything. The GOP was not even involved in any of the bullshit those clowns were writing since they did much of it behind closed doors. What is unacceptable is running things through that the public did not approve of and they felt the wrath yesterday for pulling that kind of bullshit. Now it is up to the GOP and Dems to work together to fix it. Obama knows he has to get them involved now and they will be more apt to get the right things done since they actually have a say in it.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I don't blame the election results on Obama, but I do believe the rest of the democrats did this to themselves.

However, the good news is that over the next two years voters will be reminded how farking retarded the GOP is and the chances of a republican president in 2012 are zilch.

Without any control they've been complete tools. What in the world makes anyone think that having the ability to block even more progress is going to make them any better? What's going to be seriously entertaining is when the GOP takes a stab at repealing health care reform.. a subject that more and more people care less and less about as they find out the sky didn't actually fall when it passed.. like the GOP ranted and raved it would.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Largely because the "health care reform", and I use that term very sarcastically that passed was largely based on legislation written by the republicans in the Nixon era as a poison pill for the whole concept.

Trashing it and trying again later might not be a bad idea. What did pass is a big piece of crap, showing the dems to be incompetent and\or just as stupid as the republicans when in charge. Unless of course you look at it from the angle that we got the package the insurance companies paid for before the elections.
but I do believe the rest of the democrats did this to themselves.

However, the good news is that over the next two years voters will be reminded how farking retarded the GOP is and the chances of a republican president in 2012 are zilch.
Pretty much.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You want my prediction? I think having a GOP House with a mostly Dem controlled Senate (and don't think for one second that because the Dems hold a slight edge that they will vote party line...there are more than a couple not in lockstep with Obama now) is actually going to make things MUCH better. The problem with Obama is that he is an arrogant fuck who was going to push his own agenda, citizens and GOP be damned. With the way this election slapped him in the faec, he and his pals are going to have to work together to get anything done. Having Pelosi's crazy ass out of control of the House is a huge bonus in that regard as well.

I believe we will see much more bipartisanship with this split control. This happened with Clinton as well except he lost both houses. I know you all remember Clinton and his era of awesomeness, but you also forget that after the people threw the Dems out of Congress that it was all GOP that got things done for the 6 years afterwards.

I do believe the health care bill as it is written will be gone. I don't think they will repeal it, but I do believe they will strip some of the shit parts off it. The dems now know they have to work more with what the people want or they and Obama are gone in 2012. Lets face it, the US is a business. the people own it and Obama was the supervisor put in charge of it and his Congress were all managers under him. When you tell the owners to fuck off and you will run the business the way YOU want instead of the way the owners want, you are going to be fired. the pink slips came out Tuesday and those people left in Congress are going to get back to doing what the bosses want for a while.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I'm mostly pleased with the results. Good to see more balance in Congress. Hopefully, both parties can actually work together for a change? Maybe wishful thinking, but the damn thing was designed for checks and balances.

I do think the Oregon governor is a twat though.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

The problem with Obama is that he is an arrogant fuck who was going to push his own agenda
How dare a politician try to make good on their campaign promises :roll:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow's prediction looks like it will be the most accurate.

Note: Winnow won the electoral vote tally prediction challenge initiated by then non US Citizen Xyun during Bush's last presidential win.

Yay Winnow!

-Winni

seconded by Weena
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:...the US is a business. the people own it and Obama was the supervisor put in charge of it and his Congress were all managers under him. When you tell the owners to fuck off and you will run the business the way YOU want instead of the way the owners want, you are going to be fired..
It's a decent enough analogy, but like a real business the board of directors\shareholders frequently are making decisions they've absolutely no understanding of as their data sources are bad and they often don't have a the background needed to make an intelligent choice.

I'd attribute 90% of the corporatist branch of tea parties' rhetoric succeeding due to that, because if you step back and look at it, it just doesn't add up the way they present it.

As Nader pointed out the people tipping the scales are the disgruntled middle, not the Metanii. Obama had strong momentum and blew it. As of Tues the gop once again has a corner in the sandbox to call their own. If they don't do something useful they'll lose it. Again. The dice are still stacked against them.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Erick Erickson: "Looks like Angle is going to get more of the Latino vote than her campaign had anticipated."
Anderson Cooper: "That could just be the Asian vote."
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote: I do believe the health care bill as it is written will be gone. I don't think they will repeal it, but I do believe they will strip some of the shit parts off it. The dems now know they have to work more with what the people want or they and Obama are gone in 2012. Lets face it, the US is a business. the people own it and Obama was the supervisor put in charge of it and his Congress were all managers under him. When you tell the owners to fuck off and you will run the business the way YOU want instead of the way the owners want, you are going to be fired. the pink slips came out Tuesday and those people left in Congress are going to get back to doing what the bosses want for a while.
It may be modified. In fact, I hope it is. Not in the way you think. I didn't exactly herald the passage of the HC reform bill, but I was happy to view it as a jumping off point. It isn't exactly health care reform. A more accurate term would be "insurance reform." The law does nothing to restrain the fee-for-service structure that encourages overpaid doctors to call for unnecessary tests and medications. It does nothing to stop hospitals from blowing millions on brand spanking new overpriced technology, when the shit they had worked already. Most notably, there are very few checks on the prices of prescription drugs.

Nevertheless, eliminating the "pre-existing condition" clause is a miracle by itself.

As far as the Tea Party goes, I view the initial backlash against Obama as routine. It is hard to remain in power and not face criticism. Where Obama failed is allowing Reps. and Tea Baggers control the debate. On principal, Obama refused to acknowledge the "Obama is a Muslim" stuff solely because he did not want to offend Muslims. As one democratic strategist put it, when Republicans started yelling about death panels, the Dem machine should have set press conferences in front of health insurance corporate headquarters and said "Look, there's your death panel bitches!" and then paraded some 8-year-old girl dying of cancer who had her critical care denied.

Another thing that really pissed me off leading up to the election was the refusal to push the the Bush tax cuts to the front of the debate. It would have been very beneficial for the left to continually show republicans voting against raising taxes on the top 10% over and over and over again. That followed by a lefties remarking "Well taxes are going to rise for the "have nots" as long as the "haves" maintain their control over the GOP" and "The GOP is the party of big business and rich, white guys as you see here with this filibuster." ARG!

In stead we got the Tea Partiers talking about how the biggest tax increase in our nations history is being authorized by Obama, when it is nothing of the sort. Fuck!

I can look back and sigh at the what-ifs. But a main problem is that Dems consider themselves more independent thinkers. There's no "Talking Points Memo" for Dems, and if there was, no one would follow it. You never see one of those John Stewart montages where its 30 left-leaning members of congress stating the slogan of the day and ramming it down the corporate media's throat, followed by a patented Stewart eye roll.

It makes me wonder, do I want the Rep media machine? Lord knows it works, and I am often envious.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS