MS Courier

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

MS Courier

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Well, this has been rumored for quite some time. You can check Youtube for various videos about the device.

Engadget released a couple of interface demos today and I think they're pretty mind blowing. I hope the end product is as good as they're hyping.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget ... 1174/1.506

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget ... 1176/0.851

I'm skipping the iPad in favor of an eventual Courier release (price pending of course).
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: MS Courier

Post by miir »

Now that's what a tablet UI should look like!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Not impressed!

I can see the potential though. Get rid of the gey two page layout. You can accomplish the same thing virtually and not split a nice size screen into two micro screens.

The narration style of those two videos makes me want to punch someone in the face.

This is the Wii principle as applied to business weenies. It looks cool, but it's not going to do shit for productivity and will probably waste time as the owner tries to get things to conform to the courier's UI.

Don't like the overuse of the stylus either although having the option is nice. Some parts of the UI, if applied to a normal screen might be nice for sure.

Verdict: Not for me although I hope apple and other potential tablet makers integrate some of the ideas. Curious to see what Apple has in store for their new iPhone OS 4.0 which is supposed to be a major update, come June when latest iPhone should be released.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Apple Fanboi!

;)
- Ash
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

How could you NOT be impressed by that? Sure, I could see that maybe you can't immediately come up with a need that the device will fill in your life, but it is impressive nonetheless.

Apple fanboy indeed!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!