2009 NFL Playoff Predictions

What do you think about the sports world?
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

2009 NFL Playoff Predictions

Post by Xyun »

Winner gets a cookie.

Wildcards:
Jets @ Bengals = Jets
Ravens @ Patriots = Patriots
Packers @ Cardinals = Packers
Eagles @ Cowboys = Eagles

Divisionals:
Jets @ Colts = Colts
Patriots @ Chargers = Patriots
Eagles @ Saints = Eagles
Packers @ Vikings = Vikings

Championships:
Patriots @ Colts = Colts
Eagles @ Vikings = Eagles

Superbowl:

Eagles vs. Colts = Eagles
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: 2009 NFL Playoff Predictions

Post by Wulfran »

Ravens vs Pats - I hate them both and am cheering for the refs. That said, even without Welker, the Pats are going to be too much for the old Ravens D. New England by 7

Bang-als vs Jets - yesterday's result is the only one of the "preview" games I don't put much store in, as Cinncinatti was the only one of the WC weekenders to rest a bunch of starters. The Bengals have sucked a bit at the end of the season and this is giving me a little pause but not enough to pick the Jets to win. Bengals by a FG.

Green Bay vs Arizona - the Packers schooled the Cards at home and have to do it again. It may not be as easy but they know the weaknesses they can exploit on offense and D. In your face Winnow, the Packers will win.

Cowboys vs Eagles - again two teams I have no love for and I don't see how the next meeting should be much different from the ass-kicking yesterday. Dallas by 2 TD
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Wulfran wrote:the Packers starters schooled the Cards backups at home and have to do it again.
fixed.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wulfran wrote:
Green Bay vs Arizona - the Packers schooled the Cards at home and have to do it again. It may not be as easy but they know the weaknesses they can exploit on offense and D. In your face Winnow, the Packers will win.
The Packers also schooled Matt Leinart and backup team in the pre season. They also left their starters in all game in the pre season for some reason.

I was more concerned with DRC (Pro Bowl DB for Cardinals) going down with knee injury a few minutes into the game and Anquan Boldin limping off in the 3rd Quarter with knee issue. Thankfully, both expected to be ok. Charles Woodson had some sort of should injury for the Packers. Not sure how severe it is.

I still don't like the matchup with Green Bay although I think you'll see a much different game next weekend. This will be the third time the Packers have played the Cardinals in the same stadium this year but it's the only game that matters!

Note: If you look at my pre season predictions, I have the Packers beating the Cardinals for the NFC Championship so it's not like I'm taking them lightly!
Taison Earbiter
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Taison Earbiter »

Wildcards:
Jets @ Bengals = Jets
Ravens @ Patriots = Patriots

Divisionals:
Jets @ Colts = Colts
Patriots @ Chargers = Chargers
Eagles @ Saints = Saints

Championships:
Chargers @ Colts = Chargers
Vikings @ Saints = Vikings

Superbowl:

Vikings vs. Chargers = Chargers
"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Posted my predictions in the other thread, but here they are again:

WC Weekend-
Ravens over Pats
Jets over Bengals
Packers over Cards
Cowboys over Eagles

Divisional Weekend-
Colts over Jets
Chargers over Ravens
Vikes over Cowboys
Packers over Saints

Conference Championships-
Chargers over Colts
Vikings over Packers

Superbowl-
Chargers over Vikings

Out of all my picks, the Packers beating the Saints is the one I am the most iffy on, but given matchups and the kind of teams NO has been choking to, I stand by that pick. The Jets and Packer picks in the WC round seem iffy too, but I think momentum matters a great deal in the wild card round of the playoffs, especially when you have a back to back situation like this year. The Bengals could not afford to lay down, given their lack of mental discipline and playoff experience. The Eagles exposed themselves for what they are by laying down in Dallas; an average team that beats the crap out of weaker teams (all 11 wins for them this season came against non-playoff teams) but is one dimensional against anyone remotely descent. The Cardinals are too inconsistant to bother predicting, but I think I would have at least tried to win that game given how much Kurt "I love the Lord" Warner feeds off of emotion.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Wildcards:
Jets @ Bengals = Jets
Ravens @ Patriots = Ravens

Divisionals:
Jets @ Colts = Colts
Ravens @ Chargers = Chargers
Eagles @ Saints = Eagles

Championships:
Chargers @ Colts = Chargers
Eagles @ Vikings = Vikings

Superbowl:

Chargers vs. Vikings = Chargers
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Wulfran wrote:Ravens vs Pats - I hate them both and am cheering for the refs. That said, even without Welker, the Pats are going to be too much for the old Ravens D. New England by 7

Bang-als vs Jets - yesterday's result is the only one of the "preview" games I don't put much store in, as Cinncinatti was the only one of the WC weekenders to rest a bunch of starters. The Bengals have sucked a bit at the end of the season and this is giving me a little pause but not enough to pick the Jets to win. Bengals by a FG.

Cowboys vs Eagles - again two teams I have no love for and I don't see how the next meeting should be much different from the ass-kicking yesterday. Dallas by 2 TD
It's like you're READING MY MIND (except I actually like Dallas)! :lol:
- Ash
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wildcards:
Jets @ Bengals = Bengals
Ravens @ Patriots = Ravens
Packers @ Cardinals = Cardinals (gotta pick home team)
Eagles @ Cowboys = Cowboys

Divisionals:
Bengals @ Colts = Colts
Ravens @ Chargers = Ravens
Cardinals @ Saints = Cardinals
Cowboys @ Vikings = Cowboys

Championships:
Ravens @ Colts = Colts
Cowboys @ Cardinals = Cardinals

Superbowl:

Colts vs. Cardinals = Colts

Ravens are being underrated. I've watched them all year and they're solid on defense and very good on offense. I'll pick them to upset all the way up until they run into the Colts.

Arizona is a homer pick for the first round only. Replace Packers with Cardinals rest of way if Cardinals lose to them, otherwise Cardinals all the way to the Super Bowl.

Packers at Cardinals determines this year's Super bowl winner!
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Jets Ravens Cardinals Eagles
Colts Chargers Cardinals Eagles
Chargers Eagles
Eagles

That might be closer to a wish list than a legit set of predictions, but fuck if I know what's going to happen.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Holy crap I sucked. 1 for 4 on Wildcard weekend. Oh well it can't help but get better...

Cardinals vs Saints - high powered offenses and questionable defenses. I think New Orleans has been less inconsistent on D throughout the season than the Cards. Plus the home field advantage, I think the Saints are marching on.

Cowboys vs Vikings - I'm cheering hard for the Vikings but Dallas has me a little uneasy with the way things seem to be sliding into place at the right time. I'm wondering if the Adrian Peterson can find his step in the post season, since it seemed to be missing a lot in the regular season too. I'm reluctantly picking Minnesota to move on.

Ravens vs Colts - I am indebted to Baltimore for knocking off the Evil Empire but I still hate them :p I also think Indy is a better team than the Pats were. Peyton will prevail in this one as the Colts carry on.

Jets vs Chargers - this one has the feel of a mismatch to me. The Jets did what they had to against a flat Bengal team (is it me or did the Chris Henry thing totally reverse their season?) but I'm not convinced that they are good enough to do it to a San Diego squad thats also looked to be gelling at the right time of year. Chargers in a romp.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think the Colts are in a lot of trouble...all the sitting, and not winning...its not good for a team...especially when one as hungry, angry, and just down right stupid crazy as Bal'more is coming to their field.