Go Kings GO!

What do you think about the sports world?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Go Kings GO!

Post by Trek »

Finally might get to see LA in the post season, all these years of sucking have paid off with some good young kids and its starting to come around. Simmonds is becoming one of my favorite players, if he continues to improve he will become a very good player. Its nice that even with Smyth out the rest of the club has picked up the slack, Kopitar seems to really miss him tho and is having a hard time scoring himself but is getting a few assists here and there. I dont see the Kings playing this well all season, but they are showing they can win games they shouldnt and are not letting mistakes dictate their game. They seem to always thing they have a chance to win. Quick has been playing his best hockey of late and will soon nab that elusive first shutout I think.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Go Kings GO!

Post by Wulfran »

Its a bit early to pencil them in yet but I'm with you on Simmonds. I have him in my fantasy league and am loving him. They're in the thick of things though and definately not to be taken lightly. I think they're a perfect place for someone like Ryan Smyth to be at the end of his career too: he's got the type of work ethic you want drilled into young players and he's a great example for them. Looking at their roster, they've got some potential, the big question is in net: can Quick be the man to carry them? He's young and showing some good stuff but how many 1-2 season wonders have we seen over the years...
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I just hope the Wings get back some players that are currently on IR. Ugh.... talk about a beating.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

I'm hoping this win the other night for the Flyers is a big cornerstone for our new coach. Laviolete seems like he has what it takes to take the Flyers to the playoffs this year. I can't believe a team with this much talent went 3 games without a goal before losing 8-2 to Washington sans Ovechkin. I think that was their low.. Which says a lot since they won the next game 5-2 I believe it was. With Ray Emery out for 6 weeks due to surgery we are putting a lot of faith in Boucher to handle between the bars.

Go Flyers!
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Fuck. We jinxed Simmonds, Trek...

Yahoo Sports says he's going to have knee surgery but no estimate on how long he'll be out yet.
Sun, Dec 13

RW Wayne Simmonds will be out of the lineup for an undetermined period of time with a knee injury. Coach Terry Murray said Simmonds, on Monday, will undergo surgery to clean up the meniscus in his left knee.
Wulfran Moondancer
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Ya, he was said to be out for an undetermined amount of time for a 'lower body' injury before the game against the Stars. Fortunately we were still able to win with him and Smyth still out. This team has a lot of depth and continues to score even when Kopitar and Brown are not. When Smyth and Simmonds get back and Kopi/Brown get back to it (with Smyth help) they will be a very difficult team to beat.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I am finally going to a Kings game this year. Got my son tickets for the Kings/Sharks on January 4th, 1st row behind the Kings bench. I will probably be the only Kings jersey you will see that isnt on the bench!

Go Kings GO!
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

That's awesome! I used to catch the odd Oiler game when I was living up North and it was always an experience. I saw my Isles play them a couple times over the years and I was definately in the minority, wearing that jersey (even though the colours are close). I thought it was ironic that I used to catch more games when I was 3-5 hrs north of Edmonton, than I did once I moved and was living right in Calgary. It looks like Pens tickets aren't too hard to come by here so I'll have to head down there one day soon.

Enjoy it! It'll be while before I can take my little guy (he's only 4 mos) but I've been instilling the tradition, telling him stories of the glory years with Bossy, Trottier, Gillies, Potvin and Battlin' Billy Smith :p I just have to prevent my wife from filling him with Pittsburgh propaganda...
Wulfran Moondancer