World Cup 2010

What do you think about the sports world?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: World Cup 2010

Post by Spang »

Here's a great compilation video of the reaction to THE GOAL.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Everyone will be jumping on the football/soccer bandwagon now, but I don't see it lasting past the end of the World Cup. Hockey here in FL got really big when the Lightning won and now you wouldn't never know it happened. Tennis is probably going to see a surge also just because of the big match that just happened and broke all sorts of Wimbledon records..
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

No one is happier to see the Italian primadonnas out at this stage than me. But no one holds a candle to diving and cheating like Argentina and most of South American teams and they are dominating the tables.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Video reactions of USA's 91 minute goal:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/2 ... ml#s105225
A bunch of drunk people yelling. A typical sports theme.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

had to laugh at parts of this one:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world ... omatoes-as
Calcio Comedy: Italy Players Showered In Rotten Tomatoes As Mob Of Cassano, Miccoli, Balotelli & Queen Show Their Anger
Italy's World Cup flops get the rotten fruit treatment...

Please note the below is satirical...

The Italy World Cup team returned to Malpensa Airport in Milan this afternoon amid chaotic scenes.

Hundreds of supporters and members of the public hurled abuse and rotten fruit at players and staff following the humiliating exit in the group stages yesterday after the 3-2 defeat to Slovakia in Johannesburg.

The ring-leaders of the mob were none other than Antonio Cassano, Fabrizio Miccoli and Mario Balotelli – all controversially snubbed from the World Cup squad despite their undoubted superiority to those taken instead of them.

Cassano was equipped with a punnet of tomatoes and landed a perfect long shot into the left top corner of coach Marcello Lippi’s glasses, juice spurting everywhere. Alberto Gilardino attempted to throw one of the tomatoes back, but missed all 876 people in the crowd.

Talentino then whipped out a water gun, spraying it all over Lippi and the player adjacent to him Simone Pepe…“use this water to clean my boots, I told you that’s all your good for,” he sniped at his former Roma lackey.

Lippi wiped the dew off his lenses, to which Miccoli remarked: “The last time you cleaned your glasses was before Fabio Grosso’s last penalty in Berlin. You’ve been blind ever since.”

The Palermo hero, on crutches after serious injury, then challenged the Italy team to a game against 10 randoms he met in hospital. The outpatients took an early lead after an eight-year old girl threw a daisy at Riccardo Montolivo, who flinched and turned his back, then she beat Gianluca Zambrotta for pace. But, the Azzurri earned a 1-1 draw from a penalty when Fabio Quagliarella was tripped by a walking stick and grabbed his face.

The Queen of England was also surprisingly present. "I missed the end of Mahut v Isner at Wimbledon to watch you bleeding shower!," she moaned, before shoving a stawberry up Vincenzo Iaquinta's nose.

The players, having forced their way through the scrum – made their way towards the baggage carousel. Marchetti misread the line of the suitcase as it went round and was forced into a desperate last-gasp punch to prevent his luggage going past him. Daniele De Rossi, proudly wearing a Roma shirt instead of the obligatory Italy attire, got lost in the terminal after failing to follow his man. Fortunately for him, his yellow and red bag with two little kids sucking the breasts of a Capitoline Wolf was handed into reception, along with a Francesco Totti poster.

The airport janitor, a Frenchman named Raymond Domenech, was called to sweep up all the rotten fruit. Domenech threw his broomstick at Lippi as he walked past, and shouted: “You get knocked out of the World Cup, and all your players defend and worship you. I get knocked out of the World Cup, Nicolas Anelka calls me a ‘son of a whore’, Patrice Evra stabs me in the back, and I lose my job and become a janitor.”

The turmoil ended with Balotelli, wearing a Milan shirt, on his way to the departure gate to fly out to South Africa to cheer on Ghana in the second round. Miccoli joined him on the flight to follow Argentina and his idol Diego Maradona. Cassano, meanwhile, tucked into the leftovers swept up by Domenech and declared, "That's Lippi dealt with, next rotten fruit target: Fabio Capello.

"Mario, Fabrizio, wait for me!"
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

miir wrote:
Xatrei wrote:Holy shit, Italy. Way to represent!
The last 15 minutes of that game....
Hah - I was locked out of the boards over the weekend after I updated my e-mail address on my profile.

Looking at the time I posted this, it was about 3 or 4 minutes before Italy scored their first goal and made their half-assed attempt at a comeback. I was being sarcastic :)
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Hopefully posting this impressive stat will jinx them....
Since Carlos Queiros took charge Portugal have kept 20 clean sheets in 24 matches, including in their last four.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Gooooooooool espana! ole ole ole ole ole clap clap
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Boogahz wrote:Hopefully posting this impressive stat will jinx them....
Since Carlos Queiros took charge Portugal have kept 20 clean sheets in 24 matches, including in their last four.

Ha, it worked!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Boogahz wrote:Hopefully posting this impressive stat will jinx them....
Their problem is that they scored zero goals against teams not from Best Korea this entire tournament. Seeing boring soccer utterly eliminated makes me very happy.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Holy Crap Oranje!!!!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Watching Messi constantly lose the ball was awesome. Mueller's pass ahead to Poldi from the ground which led to the cross to Klose rocked. And seeing Klose pull out his flip celebration again was well worth it. Keeping the clean sheet over Argentina was even more fitting after the 2006 match going to penalties. Then there was Schweinsteiger's nice drive into the box to set up Friedrich of all people! Whew...
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Does Schweinsteiger translate as "Pigfucker"? I'm just going to pretend it does!

Pigfucker seemed to be in the middle of every play. I had no problem voting Pigfucker as my player of the game of the FIFA website. I expect big things from Germany and Pigfucker in their game against the Spanish.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Glad the Spain v Paraguay game finally ended. That was hard to watch. It will be a rematch of the EC08 championship game on Wednesday afternoon, and I will be stuck at work....dammit! Why couldn't the game be on Thursday or Friday when I will be off?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Germany looked tired today. The loss of Müller hurt them a lot, I think - and Spain finally got the fancy footwork going.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, the passing was one step behind the whole game for Germany. There just wasn't anything they could do to break through Spain's defense in their box like that. Counter attacks were too slow. Part of it even looked like it was the grass at times. It seemed like the ball was slowing down, for both sides, sooner than it should have.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Everytime they put the ball in the air, it came down in a sea of red shirts.
That game was excruciating to watch
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Kung Futbol

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The officiating was very inconsistent in that game....
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

There was a game? I just saw a series of free kicks.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:There was a game? I just saw a series of free kicks.
Team nickname should be changed from Oranje to Geel.