Free Realms (new forum)

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Free Realms (new forum)

Post by Winnow »

This MMO has 2.5 million players and doesn't have it's own forum?

http://www.freerealms.com/whatIsFreeRealms.vm

Supposedly fun although on kiddy side of things. It's coming to PS3 soon.
First they hit one million players within weeks of release. Then they hit 2 million a week and a half later. Where does the Free Realms population stand right now?

I stopped by the Sony Online Entertainment booth (to see if I could get a little mining in) and talked to Senior Producer Andrew Sites about the future of the game, which I will discuss a bit later. My main concern was their ever-growing horde of players. Where do they stand now? As of last night, the population has reached 2.5 million players, and they are still growing at a ridiculous rate. That's 500,000 new players in a week.

Could a free-to-play family-friendly massively multiplayer online game from SOE surpass World of Warcraft in users one day? At this rate it's looking like a definite possibility.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Free Realms (new forum)

Post by miir »

Hehe, Freerealms is all kinds of awesome.
Last edited by miir on June 11, 2009, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

My daughter enjoys it, but her enjoyment is limited as she can't read yet (she's 5, but we're working on it). Nevertheless, Morgan Dazzlechaser, her level 8 Pixie Chef is pretty cool. She wants to be a Pet Tamer though, so I may have to break down and buy her v-dog.

I do admit to a guilty pleasure. I enjoy playing the silly minigame where you gather vegetables by making chains of matching items and normally have her chef logged out by one. 8)
- Ash
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

A friend actually showed this to me yesterday - for a game that installs in a couple minutes, and loads on the fly - it's kind of....really good.

Didn't get to play for too long, but what I saw was decent, I'd highly recommend it to anyone with children, as it was briefly entertaining while I was on - and it's something you and your kid can both get something out of - like a Pixar movie.

Also super stringent filter - you can't say "something" because it contains the word meth ;P
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

How come Free Realms runs on your browser with virtually no install time, instant play and looks better than WoW graphics? People preach about WoW's "stylized" graphics but Free Realms looks better than the crap wow pumps out with much less demanding requirements.

Dump WoW, play Free Realms. WoW was EQ with an easy button and horrible graphics.

No time to play this game but it appears better than WoW from what I saw.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

This game is WAY more fun than it has any right to be. Even just as a free player. And the accounts are only 5 bucks a month if you're not a cheapskate like me.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams