Support, Discussion, Reviews
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Re: iPhone App Discussion

Post by Trias »

just picked up a 3GS yesterday to replace my over 2 yr old 2G...what a huge upgrade(i'm glad i didn't hold out for the htc touch pro II)...i also approve of mobi comic reader...the best comic viewer for iphone by far.

geoDefense is my favorite tower defense game for iphone/itouch...very addicting

FlightControl is another very addicting game...it's a line type of game where you draw flight paths for an increasing number of planes/helicopters on the screen to help them land without crashing into each other...i'm not explaining it very well but definately check it out

Peggle - if you don't have it yet, just get it.

Bejeweled 2 - more mindless puzzle action to burn some hours at work

i love having 32GB of storage and faster processing...apps definately load faster when compared side by side to my 2G iphone, some twice as fast...the whole UI feels a lot less sluggish(not that i thought the 2G was all that sluggish though)...voice controls are awesome... looking foward to upcoming SMS features and TomTom software/hardware with turn by turn GPS ability.

my only issue is that iphone still lacks flash...but apple and adobe are jointly working on bringing it to iphone in the future from what i've read.

i have an Incipio Feather case on the way...it should arrive some time tomorrow...my brother in-law has one on his 3gs; it seemed super thin and had a rubberized plastic finish to it...i imagine you'd even be able to fit it into other cases with the Feather on...i mostly want it just to avoid scratches as i place it on and off my desk at work throughout the day...i'm going to be looking for a sleeve type case i think too(i've been leaning toward a couple from Sena)

i'll provide some more feedback as i load more apps and use my phone more throughout the weeks ahead.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My Lyrics+ program no longer works. A msg from the developer pops up and says that wikilyrics no longer allows them to use the site for lyrics. That's it. The app is mo longer on the store either. 2$ flushed down the toilet. Fucking lame that developers can get away with shit like that.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Newsstand 2.0 has been released and it's awesome.

Newsstand 1.33 was already the best RSS reader for the iPhone but 2.0 makes it a no brainer.

http://appulo.us/appdb/?page=viewapp&id=518

Features:

- Synchronization with Google Reader
- Automatic feed discovery and preview
- Integrated feed directory
- Download of embedded images for offline viewing
- Organization of feeds in categories (synced with Google Reader)
- Integrated mini browser to read the original website of a news item
- Sharing via Email, Twitter, Instapaper or Delicious.
- Multiple app-wide themes

New features:

New in this version

- Synchronization with Google Reader
- New and improved interface
- Feed preview (before subscribing)
- Integrated feed directory
- Integrated settings
- In-app email
- Search for article titles
- Native Delicious and Instapaper sharing
- Download of images and article thumbnails for offline viewing
- Support for copy/paste
- Faster startup

The new UI is super slick.

I like being able to pre-download the images for the first article, first five articles, 10 articles or all articles.

The five themes Newsstand has are all beautiful and very usable. I'd be happy with any of them but it's nice that they offer so many nice themes to cater to your visual preferences.

I read Kotaku, Engadget, and Gizmodo feeds at the very least during the day. This app is perfect for newshounds that don't have time surf the net or want to read on the go which I do. Right before lunch I'll refresh either all of my feeds or just the tech/gamer feeds. Kotaku, Engadget and Gizmodo are set to grab the last 50 articles and they are almst always full of new articles each time I reload at lunch.

This app gets 100/100 from me.

-excellent UI
-visually pleasing yet app still fast
-highly customizable

It will never leave my first page of apps on my iPhone! 4.99 in app store. Jailbreakers and try it for free with link at top of this article.

Here's my Kotaku feed while writing this:

Last edited by Winnow on August 20, 2009, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:Newsstand 2.0 has been released and it's awesome.

You sir are a dirty dirty bandwidth thief!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Applulous was stealing those images from Apptism. Funny that a hacker site wont let me steal their images! Bastards!

Here's the official site for Newsstand:

http://omz-software.com/newsstand/
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Check out this video for Auto Tunes App:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOYN-6gdRE

The App:

http://gizmodo.com/5352299/i-am-t+pain- ... ing-genius

Anyone can sing now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cool layout for C-64 emulator for iPhone:

Image Image

Image Image

Lots style points for this one!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I updated my Jailbreak to 3.1.2

best way to update jailbreaks is to find a custom IPSW file and use it to restore your iphone to the jailbroken firmware.

A couple jailbreak mods/apps I like:

Six Dock mod:

Lets you squeeze in six icons on your dock instead of the usual four. I find this highly useful as I have few apps that i use a lot so six is about right.

Pogo Plank:

This is a Jailbroken complete UI change for the iPhone. It uses a wheel folder system to store your apps. I find it a lot easier ti find stuff when it's catgorized instead of the messy multiple pages of apps:

It's skinnable and there are some nice ones out there but this is the default to give you and idea of that it's like (unless images red-x)

You can create as many folders as you want on the scrolling wheel. Click the folder to show the apps on the right. if you have a lot, you can scroll the apps on the right.

Pogo Plank is new and the developers are actively developing it to make it better. I find with a six icon dock and pogo plank, I can find stuff faster.

If Foldersisn't your thing, you might try Orbit which allows you to quickly go to any of your pages of apps:

pops up a screen like this so you can select the page: (unless images red'x)

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Following up on my previous post, here's a screenshot of my own with a semi themed PogoPlank (no background, etc) with the six icon dock.

BTW, the "ROCK" icon in my dock is a much better front end to Cydia.

Here's a video of what ROCK is like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wimSRdPbJfo

The video doesn't show the categories view which is very nice as well. You can download ROCK from Cydia. Search for "Rockapp"
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:I updated my Jailbreak to 3.1.2

best way to update jailbreaks is to find a custom IPSW file and use it to restore your iphone to the jailbroken firmware.
Do you happen to have a link to the IPSW file that is needed? I have a jailbroken 1st gen Touch that I want to upgrade.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:

Do you happen to have a link to the IPSW file that is needed? I have a jailbroken 1st gen Touch that I want to upgrade.
Sorry I don't. i grabbed mine off the newsgroups. search for IPSW with maybe 15 day or so window and you'll see Activated and NoActive (for those with AT&T) versions of 3.1.2 firmware. You just click RESTORE while having SHIFT held down and you can select the firmware youdownload and restore to that, then you're done! After that, you just need to add cydia.appulo.us to your cydia resources and then install Appsync for 3.1 in order to enable installing any application via dragging tie .ipa file to your itunes App folder.

Note: there are separate custom IPSW files for 3GS and older 3G(and older)

The files are 2xxmb in size

666mb for 3g and oldeer, 1024 for 3GS (when finding partition size listed in file description)

Active = for unlocking AT&T (you DONT want this if you are with AT&T
NoActive = for those that have legit contract with AT&T

note 2: backup your iphone before starting, use the custom restore, and then apply the backup email/settings, data to new firmware and you'll keep all of your settings.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/2009/10/13 ... d-windows/

Hopefully there won't be anymore upgrades anytime soon. I'm getting tired of organizing all of my app icons on various pages and manually reinstalling any Cydia apps (they don't get backed up in your phone backup). It's a pain in the ass.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/2009/10/13 ... d-windows/

Hopefully there won't be anymore upgrades anytime soon. I'm getting tired of organizing all of my app icons on various pages and manually reinstalling any Cydia apps (they don't get backed up in your phone backup). It's a pain in the ass.
Backup your iphone in iTunes. It keeps all preferences including cracked ipa app preferences. Also, RockApp, which is the new fancy (and nice) front end to Cydia, will keep track of your cydia apps and reinstall them all for you after a firmware upgrade.

Also, I had pogo plank installed before upgrading to 3.1.2. I did the firmware restore, then restored my setting (remember to add app sync from appulus resource before syncing with itunes), and then resync your iphone. pgo plank remembers where all of your apps go so even after restoring, it places all the apps in the right folders no matter what order they are added. Pogoplank rocks so far. well worth $2 for the app. Much much more organized than pages of apps and faster to get to. More stable than the Catagories folder. No more reorganizing every firmware update.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

As I said, backing up and restoring your iPhone does not restore cydia apps and/or winterboard stuff.

At least it -never- has for me.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:As I said, backing up and restoring your iPhone does not restore cydia apps and/or winterboard stuff.

At least it -never- has for me.

Well the only cydia app I use is Pogo Plank and Blacklist.

I completely wiped my iPhone installing the custom 3.1.2 firmware, and hen restored settings from iTunes. Pogo Plank knew exactly where to place previous apps in its categories and left a blank placeholder in the each apps place until I installed it again.

Blacklist is the other cydia app I use. I have one contact in my iphone that lists 4 or 6 800#'s that annoy me. I add that single contact back to Blacklist and I'm done. Not that it wouldnt take less than a minute to browse recent phone calls (preserved by iphone backup) and quickly add 800#s to blacklist.

Cydia is smart enough to know I own Pogo Plank and installs it without hassle after firmware upgrade.

I'm not seeing the hassle here. The pain in the ass would be if you lost your contacts/email/podcast new/old settings, etc. Even for cracked apps, my settings are preserved via iTunes backup. Stuff like my grocery lists in Grocery IQ app (cracked) that would be a pain to have to remember and add common grocery things I check off on it while shopping. It's really not much problem at all to restore to a custom IPSW, restore settings from iTunes, and then check list of cydia apps from RockApp to reinstall them as a group.

The most important app data I dont want to lose is MSecure which has a shitload of my passwords and personal logins, access codes etc. For that, I always sync it with the MSecure Windows app to make sure it's backed up and it takes....let me see...about 12 seconds for it to sync up upon request after an update.

BTW, MSecure is outstanding for passwords, etc. It has a simple interface that gets the job done. Can sort by type or alpha. I find it easier to sort alpha to find things normally with the quick letter touch thingy on the side.

This has made remembering old game account logins, etc much easier and quicker. The important part of MSecure is the ease at which you can either email or wirelessly backup your data to your PC so it's not lost.

Image Image

Image Image

Those are the categories just down to "F". I tend to use the Internet category the most and fields may be customized and new catagories added. Categories can also cause confusion so like to just alpha sort. if I want to find my old NCsoft login and password years later from Guild Wars, it's there for me which I find much faster than going the whole "forgot password" route. Newsleecher settings, giganews accts, pop/smtp settings, router settings/passwords etc etc etc all in there. Makes installing new OS less painful as well.
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

BTW, MSecure is outstanding for passwords, etc. It has a simple interface that gets the job done. Can sort by type or alpha. I find it easier to sort alpha to find things normally with the quick letter touch thingy on the side.
The one I use for storing accounts and passwords is SplashID @ http://splashdata.com/splashid/index.asp. It's probably considered the best one out there. The company actually makes several other nice apps as well.
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

valryte wrote:
The one I use for storing accounts and passwords is SplashID @ http://splashdata.com/splashid/index.asp. It's probably considered the best one out there. The company actually makes several other nice apps as well.

I'll stick with MSecure but SplashID looks good too.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

If you used the Categories app, you'd understand one reason why it's a pain in the ass to do upgrades. It's a Cydia app, so it's not automatically put back on. Then when you restore your apps from backup, they aren't put back into the folders made with Categories that you had them in before. Therefore your apps aren't arranged the same way they were before the upgrade. Therefore you have to rearrange them all again. Therefore it's a pain in the ass. (Restoring custom stuff from Winterboard is yet another reason why upgrades are a pain in the ass)

I like having folders for Games apps, Fitness apps, etc. Besides, I have more apps on my iPhone than can be displayed with the 11 (?) page limit so I either use Categories or I don't see some of them at all.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:If you used the Categories app, you'd understand one reason why it's a pain in the ass to do upgrades. It's a Cydia app, so it's not automatically put back on.
Oh I understand categories which is why I don't use it anymore for those reasons. It's a hack job compared to Pogo Plank which remembers your locations, saving you tons of time, not to mention that it's a better app in general than categories.

Categories also fucks with app updates etc if you app is inside a folder which Pogo Plank does not.
Last edited by Winnow on October 26, 2009, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:
Boogahz wrote:

Sorry I don't. i grabbed mine off the newsgroups. search for IPSW with maybe 15 day or so window and you'll see Activated and NoActive (for those with AT&T) versions of 3.1.2 firmware. You just click RESTORE while having SHIFT held down and you can select the firmware youdownload and restore to that, then you're done! After that, you just need to add cydia.appulo.us to your cydia resources and then install Appsync for 3.1 in order to enable installing any application via dragging tie .ipa file to your itunes App folder.
Talk about easier than before. Found the IPSW file for version 3.1, restored to that, ran blackra1n, and finished. This was on my 1st gen Touch. I haven't decided if I want to jailbreak my 2nd gen.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Never had a single issue updating apps inside my categories folders. And have no desire to change the look of my iPhone interface such that Pogo does as to me it looks ghey as fuck.

To each their own.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Categories sucks. It's a crash happy, poorly executed app.

I realize that I'm on another godlike plane of existence when it comes to efficiency and that my methods may appear magical to you, put it should be clear to anyone that Pogo > Categories. And how something looks means nothing compared to how well it functions. That's why Mac users are clueless in general.

I've been using stacks as well on the dock to expand more apps without having to use the lame page swipe built into the iPhone.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Are you really that retarded or are you just bored?
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

You have to ask?
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cross posting this from Comics Forum:

Awhile back I posted about the Comixology App that allows you to browse each week's comics with descriptions, artwork, pull lists etc. While that app rocks, Comixology now has a Comic Reader app for downloading and reading free comics and new comics you may purchase.

This app rocks. It uses a panning feature which automatically scrolls around the screen for you as you tap the right side to move on to the next cell of the comic of area of interest. At the end of the page, you have the option of viewing the entire page (and zooming around on it)

The App is highly polished and just recently got Marvel Comics added to the nice list of Independent Publishers.

What's cool about this app is that it comes with 50 free comics. These aren't no name comics. Walking Dead #1, for instance, is one of the free comics. Elephantmen #1 is also free which I highly recommend. From looking at the list of free comics, it looks like 2-4 free comics each week are released from the current pull list of comics. Sweet! What a great way to check out a new series to see if you'll like it. They seem to focus on #1 issues etc so you won't be lost with the free ones.

The auto scroll/zooming works great. You can rotate any frame you want if it would look better portrait/landscape.

This is a MUST see for iPhone owning comic fans.

Watch the guided tour here: (before they got Marvel comics)

http://www.comixology.com/iphoneapp/

It says app is .99 but it's free now.

I feel $2.00 is a bit much for buying comics but this is a must see for the free comics already on it and posted each week and maybe they'll lower the cost of comics to .99 each which would be about right IMO.

Below is a screen capture of this week's comics for free:

All #1's/Zero issues which is nice.

Some of the new Marvel comics include #1-24 issues of Astonishing X-Men, new Captain America and Civil Wars issues, etc.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I got a cracked NBA League pass app to try out and it rocks! Te only bad thing is blackout rules apply. Otherwise, you can watch every NBA game on the schedule love on your iPhone with nice picture quality.

Even better, you can replay any game (they're al saved on the server). It also has daily highlights from games, top ten play lits, great stats from each game etc.

Excellent app. It costs 39.00 but probably worth it if you are an NBA nut.

The picture and audio are EXCELLENT over wireless. Haven't tried 3G yet.

Here are some screens. Notice Phoenix Game (replay) blacked out for me from yesterday.

All the live games going on right now.

Notice Phoenix Game (replay) blacked out for me from yesterday.

Nice touch that the default setting hides the scores from past games. Since Phoenix won, I'm showing them!

These are live screen captures I took of game going on right now. Very nice!

nice the 30 second rewind button. Live games act like DVR'd games so you can actually rewind. Sweet : )

The picture actually looks better than what you see in that last image but I posted screen anyway.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

IMDb released a free iPhone App that's worth getting. I had an App that accessed the IMDb but this one is built specifically for the Movie Database.

The interface is really slick and it's more than just an interface to the web site. They did a nice job designing useful features for the mobile user.

As with some other apps, you can click the image thumbnails for the movies and actors and they pop to full screen and the picture galleries can be scrolled through like a standard photo album. Beyond the normal access to Movie, Actor, Director, etc easy linked info, they have some other nice lists, most searched for, current top box office, etc to help find things to watch or remind you of something you're looking for.

* Over 1.5 million movie and TV titles
* Over 3.2 million celebrities
* US movie showtimes
* Trailers
* Photos
* US TV listings
* Top ranked movies (MOVIEmeter)
* Top ranked celebrities (STARmeter)
* Celebrity birthdays
* US Box Office results
* Movies coming soon
* Top 250 rated films of all time

Great freebie app. IMDb is such a great tool.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

That isn't available in Canada yet. Booo. I really wanted that one.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Went on a game hunt couple days ago for the iPhone and grabbed the following:

Battle.Blaster.v1.0.mobile-suite.ru.ipa
Beneath a Steel Sky - Remastered 1.0-Hexhammer.ipa
Bookworm 1.0.ipa
darknebula-v1.1-mathboy-www.idwaneo.com.ipa
DoodleJump-v1.13.2-Pushy3.ipa
EPWUltimateCrimson1000-v1.50-.ipa
Fighting Fantasy-v1.3.0.ipa
Glyder_2-v1.0-AppleTurk-kngbld.ipa
GTA__CTW-v1.0-Cool24.ipa
iSamJackson-v15-phybersplice.ipa
labyrinth2-v1.0.0-idwaneo.com.ipa
Meteor_Blitz-v1.1-.ipa
nova-v1.1.0-mathboyfixed-www.idwaneo.com.ipa
Pocket_Tunes-v5.4.5.3305-suspiria.ipa
Skee-Ball-v1.1-idwaneo.com.ipa
SkySmash 1918 v1.1.ipa
Spider-The_Secret_of_Bruce_Manor-v1.1-www.idwaneo.com.ipa
UniWar-v1.0.6-mathboy-www.idwaneo.com.ipa
Zen Bound v1.2.2.ipa

Many of those I got from "best of 2009" type lists so it's a good set to try out if you have hacked iPhone.

You can find most of them here:

http://www.idwaneo.com/forum.htm

and here:

http://apps.su/

The Pocket Tunes you see in there is pretty nice. While WunderRadio is the best directory radio app, Pocket Tunes sounds the best.

I have

WunderRadio
Pocket Tunes
AOL Radio
iHeartRadio
ShoutCast
Pandora

on my iphone to cover streaming audio. Some Broadcasting chains don't allow their stations on WunderRadio so that's why multiple apps are needed if you want to get every station.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Check out this video for Voice Band app for the iPhone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QxN1u7KWDM

pretty cool for anyone that likes to hum songs.

Here's Smoke on the Water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5ShWFiIcc
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Bummer..
The controversially famous Appulo.us web platform is living its last moments.
It’s founder, Puy0 announced a couple days ago on the website’s forum that he will be shutting it down shortly. The reason he invokes is that, apparently, he just realised that the legality of his platform is more than dubious. Here is his actual quote:
You see, after talking for more than an hour with him [a lawyer], I’m sorry but the conclusion is that what we do would be very hard to defend against in court.
I am at the moment already at risk, and would risk even more with the exposure that an Install0us v3 release will definitely bring me. Call me a coward, but as I said, hiding under covers is not a life for me.
Appulo.us, for those of you who don’t know it, is a pirate version of the App Store that lets you download apps without paying them. Officially, its motivation is to let you make up your mind about an app before buying it, but let’s face it, it’s mainly used for piracy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I havent' used Appulous as my primary source in quite some time. The server was so slow and the founder was flaky with updates, etc.

There's lots of other sources, even googling the name of the app with "ipa" and you'll find it most of the time. Use a legit source to see what the latest releases are and then google away or use a couple other sources that were better than Appulous anyway.

Plus, some dude posts every app cracked on a daily basis in a series of packages rar files on the newsgroups with convenient .txt files outside the rars to see which package contains an app that might be desired.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

For those with jailbroken (as well as hacked) iPhones, the easiest way to get new apps is by checking out the daily iphone app flood by someone that calls themself, "Dopey"

Like clockwork, they post the daily iphone apps on alt.binaries.warez.smartphone

If you have newsleecher, search for "Dopey's iPhone Apps Flood" (or just Dopey) and you can go back many months with daily posts. H posts the apps in packs and includes a text file listing which apps are in the packs. He also rar's the pacs individually so you don't have to download the entire day's worth of apps and can just grab the ~100mb pack with the app you are interested in.

Here's what he released today as an example. The current pack seems to be dated two days in advance for some reason:
[Show]
Pack 1:
-3D Camera 1.3.3-most_uniQue
-7DAZombie 2.1.2-most_uniQue
-A 100+ Breakup Lines 1.0-vwade
-Action Joe Trucking 1.1-most_uniQue
-Action! Word 3.0-luudaigiang
-Android's Odyssey 1.5-corepda

Pack 2:
-2012 - Zombies vs Aliens 1.1.2-Lz0PDA
-2360 - Battle for Cydonia 1.0.1-H
-Adubble 1.3-corepda
-Advanced Urology 1.0.0-LPCLPC
-Age of Curling 1.5.4-H
-AHFS Essentials 1.5.1-LPCLPC
-Alien Glyphs 1.1.2.patched-corepda
-Ampacity 1.0-quky
-AnyClock 0.8.1-luudaigiang
-AppSniper 1.9.2-Mercenary
-Are You Alright 1.1-Lz0PDA
-ASD Poker 1.3-most_uniQue
-aSmart HUD 3D +SpeedCams 2.9-360modz
-aSmart HUD 3D 2.9-most_uniQue

Pack 3:
-ArtStudio 1.0-iPhoneXL
-aSmart HUD +SpeedCams 4.3-360modz
-Atlas of Anatomy 1.1-LPCLPC
-Babelshot (photo translator) 1.1-CHRiS0261
-Balatarin 2.0-UnREal
-Belindra 1.2-most_uniQue
-Bereg Chess 1.0.8-most_uniQue
-Bill Split OCR 1.0.1-luudaigiang
-Blaze Pinball 2.1-H
-Bowtie 1.0-SparkyHERO
-Bungee Stickmen 1.2.1-most_uniQue

Pack 4:
-Business Card Reader 1.2.1-H
-Camera Flash and More 2.4.2-corepda
-Cancer Terms Pro - A Comprehensive Oncology Glossary 1.0-LPCLPC
-Card Messages Pro 1.1.5-most_uniQue
-Caster 0.2-most_uniQue
-Castle Lay Siege 1.0.patched-corepda
-Chalk Fighter 1.1.patched-corepda
-China Charming Girl 1.1-most_uniQue
-Clay Hunt 1.2-most_uniQue
-COLLAPSE! 1.1.1-iPhoneXL
-CompassApp 1.2-most_uniQue
-Convertbot 1.5.1-Lz0PDA
-CORE - Clinical ORthopedic Exam 1.3-LPCLPC
-Cram Fighter - USMLE Step 1 Edition 1.2.2-LPCLPC
-Crazy Train 1.2.1-H
-Cyberrunner 1.1-corepda
-Dark Dice 1.01.patched-corepda
-DaVinci's Secret Machines 1.4-corepda

Pack 5:
-Darkroom Pro 3.1-corepda
-Depression 1.1-LPCLPC
-Divan Of Hafez 1.1-UnREal
-Do Not Press The Red Button 2.1-Lz0PDA
-Double Solitaire 2.2.0-most_uniQue
-Drag Racer - Perfect Run 1.8-corepda
-Drugs and Medications 1.4-Lz0PDA
-dStress Pill 1.0-360modz
-eCurrency 1.3.5-most_uniQue
-eMedic 0.9.2-LPCLPC
-Epic Boobs 1.5-most_uniQue

Pack 6:
-Durak 2.1-most_uniQue
-F is for Falling 1.4-most_uniQue
-Farsi Clock 2.0.6-UnREal
-fCalendar 2.0-UnREal
-Field Agent Fingerprint App 2.1.3-most_uniQue
-Fishing Champion 1.5-corepda
-FML Touch 1.1-luudaigiang
-GolshaneRaaz 1.3-UnREal
-GoodReader 2.5.1-most_uniQue
-GroceryList 1.0.1-H
-Guns and Noises 2.0-most_uniQue
-Hafez 1.3-UnREal
-HaftPeykar 1.3-UnREal
-HoursTracker 1.9.3-most_uniQue
-i-Gun Ultimate 1.11-360modz
-iCoder CPT 1.1-LPCLPC

Pack 7:
-Hokm for Hustlers 1.1-UnREal
-iConsoles 1.2-most_uniQue
-iDestroy 2.2-Lz0PDA
-iLoader 1.2.0-stolen
-iMind 1.2-most_uniQue
-Introductory Radiologic Anatomy by MemoryLifter 2.0-LPCLPC
-Invaders 3D XL 1.3-corepda
-iPharmacy 2.0-Lz0PDA
-Iranian Calendar with Holidays 4.0-UnREal
-iRedTouch 1.3-most_uniQue
-iRPM 2.0-most_uniQue
-iScopes 2.0.1-jfally
-iSpend 4.0.0-most_uniQue
-iTM MCU 1.0.8-CHRiS0261
-JamPacked! 1.60-most_uniQue
-Khayyam 1.3-UnREal
-Kid Normal References 1-LPCLPC
-Knife Toss 1.0.1-H

Pack 8:
-Letter Land 1.0.4-Lz0PDA
-Lexi-Drugs & Lexi-Interact 1.5.1-LPCLPC
-LifeLog 1.3-LPCLPC
-Liquid Scale 1.2-H
-Love Shake 1.1-most_uniQue
-Low Graw Racer 2 1.0-most_uniQue
-MacLookUp 2.1.1-most_uniQue

Pack 9:
-Lexi-CLINICAL SUITE 1.5.1-LPCLPC
-Lexi-PEDIATRIC SUITE 1.5.1-LPCLPC
-Masha and the Bear 3 1.0-most_uniQue

Pack 10:
-Masnavi 1.3-UnREal
-MedAbbreviations - Medical Abbreviations Reference 2.1-LPCLPC
-Memory Bounce 1.0.1-Lz0PDA
-Metro Paris Subway 3.0.2-most_uniQue
-Mezopuzzle 1.0-most_uniQue
-Microbiology Pronunciations 2.5-most_uniQue
-Minigame Party 1.0.2-H
-MM Park 1.10-H
-Moodretz 1.1-Lz0PDA
-MoonDefence 1.8-H
-MoonDrop 1.1-Lz0PDA
-Moto X Mayhem 1.4-corepda
-MyCal 1.3-Lz0PDA

Pack 11:
-Motocross 2.6-H
-myStarbucks 1.2-most_uniQue
-National Geographic World Atlas 1.1-kolios13
-Navy Patrol - Coastal Defense Advanced 1.0-VJR

Pack 12:
-myIran 2.5.1-UnREal
-Neocell Fighters 3.0.0-Lz0PDA
-Neon Flashlight 1.5.1-luudaigiang
-Neuroanatomy 1.0.0-LPCLPC
-NightVision Pro 1.2-H
-Nude Camera 1.1-H
-NumPad 3.0-sg1
-Parvin 1.3-UnREal
-Pathology and Disease 1.0.0-LPCLPC
-Peephole 1.0.3-Lz0PDA
-Persian Calendar 3.0-UnREal
-Persian Poems 1.1.1-UnREal
-Persian Poems 2 1.0-UnREal
-Pocket Luach Deluxe - The Jewish Calendar 2.03.00-H
-Pocket Mathematician 1.1.1-Lz0PDA
-Pointer Cards 1.0.12-luudaigiang
-Pokedex 1.0-SparkyHERO
-Police Radio 2.9.5-most_uniQue
-Political GPS 1.4-most_uniQue
-Pollywog 1.0.1-most_uniQue
-PunkSMS 1.0-SparkyHERO
-QQ 3.3.0-H
-Ring It Up 3.1.5-most_uniQue
-Ring It Up Pro 3.1.5-most_uniQue
-RoadRage 1.23-most_uniQue
-RxWise 1.0-LPCLPC

Pack 13:
-Sa'di 1.3-UnREal
-Sal Nameh 1.1-UnREal
-Save The Bacon 1.1-most_uniQue
-Shahname 1.3-UnREal
-Shams 1.3-UnREal
-Shape Rocket 1.0.4-Lz0PDA
-Ship Finder 1.94-most_uniQue
-Short-term memory Booster ! 1.0-LPCLPC
-Silly Songz 1.6.5-Lz0PDA
-Speed Test - iNetwork 3.0-most_uniQue
-Speedo 2.0-most_uniQue
-Spikey's Bounce Around 1.11-Lz0PDA
-STDs - Sexually Transmitted Diseases 1.0-LPCLPC
-StockWatch 4.12-most_uniQue
-StoreSales 1.1-most_uniQue
-Sudobility Night Camera 4.0-P!mPdOG
-Taghvim Pro 2.5-UnREal
-Tap Tap Trader 2.4-luudaigiang
-The Guardian 1.01-iPhoneXL
-The King of Terror 1.0.1-H
-The World Factbook 2010 1.99-most_uniQue
-Trenches 1.2.6-Lz0PDA

Pack 14:
-Tiki Totems 1.2.0-H
-Todew 1.2-H
-TripView Sydney 2.0-most_uniQue
-TwitBird Premium 2.4-Lz0PDA
-TwitBird Pro 2.4-Lz0PDA
-Ultimate Video Poker 1.0.11-corepda
-Units - The Unit Converter 1.1-Lz0PDA
-USMLE Buzz Flash Cards 1.6.3-LPCLPC
-USMLE Wiz 2 Flashcards 2.0-LPCLPC
-Wapzilla Browser 2.0-most_uniQue
-War Zone 3.1-corepda
-WhatsApp Messenger 2.5-Lz0PDA
-Wild Tri-Peaks 1.4-most_uniQue
-Women's Health by ExitCare 1.0-LPCLPC
-Workouts 2.1-most_uniQue
-World Lotto 1.5-most_uniQue
If you're into hacked gaming devices, the iPhone rules them all with these 100+/day zero day releases.

You don't have to tell me that a bunch of them are junk. I know. But if you even find 2-3 out the 100 posted a day to try out, it's good times. I wish there was a PC emulator to try iPhone apps out before loading them onto the iPhone but there isn't. I'll typically browse through the text pack release list and bring up iTune to search for the app for info, search youTube to see what the app is like, or search a site like Apptism that posts all apps that are released.

The entire day's pack's typically run 1 to 1.5 GB in size with Dopey posting apps larger that 100mb by themselves, outside of the packs. Since downloading the entire packs takes me less than 5 mins, I've been grabbing the entire packs and archiving them.

Anyway, if you're into games, the selection is overwhelming (a good thing) but you'll also find interesting apps. I enjoyed the DSL for Dummies app.

it's pretty basic, but nice to have a reference handy with examples etc.

Newegg has a free iPhone App out now which is useful for price checking, etc. (you can actually order using it as well)

It includes a nice mobile formatted view or user reviews, specs, etc.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Plants vs Zombies was released for 2.99$. Great game at a goid price. Much like Peggle, I think the iPhone is the best platform for the game. The touch controls are perfect.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I bought Air Mouse Pro a long time ago (there's a free version if you want to try it) but with the higher res upgrade on the iPhone 4, this app rocks even more.

http://www.mobileairmouse.com/support.html

Air Mouse turns your iPhone into a mouse. It can be used as a track pad or as an actual pointer.

Air Mouse has gone through several updates since I first got it. The best thing about it is that with two quick clicks, I can switch between my PC and Mac pointers. Soooo nice for controlling my Mac since my keyboard isn't in front of me and you can pull up a keyboard on the iPhone to enter text.

It has easy scrolling, etc to make life easy as well as multiple screens and extra macros to program buttons.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Very polished app. Worth $2.00.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Since iPhone app for reading comics were first released, they've come a long way.

The one app that seems to keep on top of things with frequent updates is Comic Zeal. I originally didn't like this app because it resized and converted cbr and cbz files into it's own cbi format. The creator has since nix'd that and you are able to upload and view directly full res cbi and cbz as well as rar/zip and soon pdf files.

I'm spoilering the review due to large images:
[Show]
Comic Zeal v4 has a few things that make it very nice for readying multiple comics on the iPad (or iPhone).

CZ has a nice auto sort feature that places like-named issues into their own comic long boxes (folders) Keep in mind that the issues need to be named exactly the same (X-Men 01.cbr, Xmen 02.cbr, ....not X-Men 02 (2010) DCPGroupscan.cbr, X-Men 03 -2010-scan (noads).cbr) If you use the PC/Mac app that wirelessly xfers comics to Comic Zeal, there's a way to do this easily during the transfer. If you use iTunes's built in file transfer for Comic Zeal, you'll need to make sure they're names corretly or will have to edit and place the comics in folders manually after loading them.

There are several ways to sort/view your comics. The bookmarks are great. In large view, you'll see the red bookmark indicating the last page viewed has been marked, in detaile view, it tells you what page you're on. CZ, of course, opens right to that page, remembering your page size settings.

Here you see some of the editing options. Click edit, click and hold a comic, and this dialog pops up, allowing you to move to a pre-existing folder or you can create a new one.

The menu page and page controls at the bottom show in my screenshots but you just tap the middle of the screen to remove them while reading. Here I took a quick screenshot after adjusting the width of the comic to fit the screen in landscape. CZ has a great autolock feature were if, after resizing the image using two finger zooming, you hold the size for 1 second, it locks the size and remembers it as you page through the rest of the comic. Very nice.

Comic Zeal v4 has a few adjustable options. The author implemented an outstanding page turning method. The sides of the screen can be tapped to switch pages or you can swipe of course, but the best way to switch pages is to just barely move your thumb onto the edge of the active screen from where you're holding it and the page turns.

Ipad is amazing for reading comics when combined with a nice reader. Everything is super zippy including zooming, page turning, accessing and switching issues, etc.
We already know iBooks rocks for reading text based books (except for people with weakling arms) but the iPad shines when you start reading graphic novels, magazines, etc.

I get a little giddy every time I use my Ipad...which is often. It's so unbelievably bad-ass when it comes to media consumption. Books of all kinds, movies, TV shows, surfing...there are multiple outstanding apps for all of these. Screen, speed, ease of use, and battery life are what make the iPad great. After reading a few comics, I looked up and had 95% battery life. It's a non issue. Finally a portable device where you really don't have to think about the battery drain. Apple's running into a few issues with their iPhones but they nailed the iPad. Best gift you could give anyone..even a street bum. At least they'd have 10 hours of joy before the battery went dead.

I'm not bagging on Android as its progressing nicely but iOS4 works really really well with an excellent professional app backing. I don't want to fart around with a mobile device. I want it to work effortlessly. Android has serious issues in the app department right now. Things as simple as Yahoo Messenger IM are complete crap on Android (not just less functional but crash left and right and also only work on various various Android phones, not all of them) while the iOS4 version works without a hitch. We may bitch about Apple being strict when it comes to app approval but when I look at Android's Market place (which is a complete joke, you can't even search...you have to go to third party AppBrain to search for apps), it's a complete zoo.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

First a quick note:

The iPad still rocks just as much as it did on day one. Fast, easy and used a lot (like a good woman!).

------

Netflix app is now available on the iPhone as well as the iPad. I just tried it out on wireless and 3G. It works great on 3G. Now you have the entire Netflix streaming library with you for entertainment wherever you go. Nice!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Thanks for the Netflix reminder! I'll watch something to celebrate!

Sometimes it feels like the future, only it's now!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

The Netflix blog post from back in June announcing that they would have the iPhone/iPod Touch app by the end of the Summer had tons of comments. People thought it would not ever come out in time, hehe. Oh, and the eleventy billion people that begged for an Android App instead.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Installed the Netflix app on my non-jailbroken Touch last night, and it is awesome. Streaming quality was much better than any other app I have used so far. Now I just need to figure out how to upgrade my jailbroken Touch to 3.1.3. I just glanced at one of the programs to do it, and I need a version of iTunes lower than 9.2 I think. Somehow, both of my comps have 9.2.1 even though I could hve sworn I had kept them from updating.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Has anyone tried NetPortal? I'm currently using the free version (limited to pics and pdf's, which is what I wanted it for). I wanted something to be able to access files on my network share (showing pics to my gf or family, etc) and this app does it pretty decently. It still needs a lot of work imo... pic previews would be nice, as would the ability to have a slide-your-finger slideshow with pics in the same directory.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'd suggesting using Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/

works great.