WoW Discussion
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Don't plague me, bro!

Post by Dregor Thule »

This zombie event going on is great fun!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Don't plague me, bro!

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Some people love it, others hate it. I fall into the "love it" category. I like creating and spreading the plague, and I like defending and eliminating the plague.

It's also nice to have the scourge invasion going on again. This year feels really Halloweenie in WoW. Much more than ever before IMO.
Sinzar
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Sinzar »

On the other hand, I hate it. I've been playing a low level alt for the past few days, and to train new skills every 2 levels I have to run, die, run, die about 12 times to make it across Orgrimmar to reach my trainer, to find him dead most of the time, then once I finally train ~20 minutes later, I get to repeat the entire process getting back to the flight master.

Nice event idea in theory, but the fact that it completely shuts down the game for low levels trying to interact in cities, it could have been better planned.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Right now, if you're below lvl 70, and need to go to a city, the game is unplayable unless you have a ridiculously high level of patience. And it's only half over.

If I were 70 and had nothing else to do, I'd probably enjoy it. As it is, I don't even want to log on atm. Can't even do the Put out the Fires daily because lvl 70 zombie's run out of stormwind and infect everyone.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Feels just like a Romero-movie! :D
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Feels just like a Romero-movie! :D
I was thinking the same thing. Walking through Org or Shat with corpses everywhere gives it an eirie feeling. I get annoyed when the battlemaster I want to use is dead but I'll get over it. I got turned about 3 times. I exploded. Literally. While I find it annoying I also find it enjoyable to some extent.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I personally hate it.

And im VERY happy i decided to go with the "ghetto" flying mount till i could save up 5K for the full one.
At the moment, i do the daily fishing, daily cooking, the mining one and the one where you need to get readings in Nagrand, and nothing else, because I got a few other things going on in RL.
Which means run to quest givers, see 1-2 of them dead, run to the rest, run back, hope theyre up, if not go do the first two quest, get back, find quest handin guys and quest givers dead, wait for respawns of them, hope they dont get killed or infected before you get there.
And hope if theyre infected that they dont turn on you while youre handing in, had that happen once too, no handin and zombiefied, wait 10 min again.

It add 2-3 times longer questing time for me at the moment, and its only a serious source of irritation, to the point where if i didnt want the recipes for the cooking and fishing dailies, i would stop playing till the event is over.

1 fun thing to do as a zombie though, when you get infected as a lock (and i guess hunter), grab a bat and fly somewhere else, if you turn to a zombie while youre on the bat, your pet will show up after, and still help you :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

It ended today at noon (Pst) btw. Just the zombie part, more of the invasion coming!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

What I would like to see is actual shock troops marching into the cities. I think that would be cool. We would all have to work to keep the troops out. There would have to be some kind of reward in order to get people involved like a bounty on undead heads and faction boosts or something.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Bubba Grizz wrote:What I would like to see is actual shock troops marching into the cities. I think that would be cool. We would all have to work to keep the troops out. There would have to be some kind of reward in order to get people involved like a bounty on undead heads and faction boosts or something.
I think that's mostly the idea behind the necrotic runes/necropolis stuff (oh, and they spent 3 months making that event for the original launch of naxx, so i guess it's good they reused it.)

Also, the event isn't over, maybe you will get what you're talking about!

I will miss locking people in the Hall of Honor though, wish I could have done that one more time before the patch (the door is intractable as a zombie, but not as a normal player, and you could get people stuck forever).
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

There were so many cries in /trade, The Zombie Invasion sure made an impact on people, just like it should!

A Zombie Invasion should be felt and not being treated as something simple you don't have to worry about! :D
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I thought it was well done.

I liked that it got worse and worse as it went on, although i'll be honest, at the end when it was lasting under a minute and people were chain-plaguing every NPC in every major city, including Auctioneers, Bankers, Flight Masters and Battlemasters (Medivh is a large server, full of assholes) I got a bit annoyed - but the final phase only lasted like half a day so it wasn't so bad. All in all it was well done, especially in the 2nd and third phases (again, the last one was pretty rediculous on a high-pop server like Medivh, because you basically couldn't use any form of NPC in any major city. I had to wait like 20 minute to use the flight master in IF because he was being chain spawn-camped.) Was definately a good diversion from achievements and crap, which is all i've been able to do since 3.0.2 besides farm retarded-easy sunwell and level my mage because locks suck now :p.

The necropolis invasion event is just a stupid copy / paste from Naxx launch though, and the "secret boss" in karazhan is pretty gay.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

There's no E in ridiculous.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Bagar- wrote: The necropolis invasion event is just a stupid copy / paste from Naxx launch though, and the "secret boss" in karazhan is pretty gay.
Yeah, or they need to add more flavor items which other people can use (lol only 2h classes for the frost scythe and the reaper). Or just more loot in general, even if it would be a copy of ZA level items.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

miir wrote:There's no E in ridiculous.
There's no E in Miir, either.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Spang wrote:
miir wrote:There's no E in ridiculous.
There's no E in Miir, either.
Actually - there are two.
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by rhyae »

I liked it. It was trickier for lowbies but not impossible. And it didn't last overly long.
The whining it inspired in /trade was overly long.