Sanctuary

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sanctuary

Post by Bubba Grizz »

This is a new Sci Fi series staring Amanda Tapping (Stargate series). It is kind of cool but in an Angel, Buffy, Hellboy, kind of way. I've only seen two episodes so far and have a third on my dvr. I like it so far but it is one of those where I don't feel I have to see the show right away and it can sit on my dvr for a while. Not like Heroes where I want to see it within a day of showing.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Sanctuary

Post by Aslanna »

It's watchable at least. And it's not a reality show so it has that going for it. I think the daughter character is pretty weak though.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Definitely need some work on the characters, but it's a pretty decent show.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Season 2 has started btw if anyone watches this. First one was alright I guess so I'll give season 2 a go.

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I was hooked after the last batch of episodes from season 1. Coincidentally, the daughter got some much needed character development.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Season 2 was TERRIBLE! I was glad when they got rid of the daughter character. And the 'Bollywood' episode was laughable.

Anyway... Once the Kali/Big Bertha arc was over it seemed to pick up in the third season to actually being watchable again.

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I agree. I don't know why so many sci-fi writers think that every season needs a NEW AND HUMONSTROUS enemy. The X-files was at it's best in the one-off episodes or the ones that circled the outside of the core conspiracy.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Season 4 done. As far as I know. I've saved them all to watch at once and they actually haven't been that bad so far. Until episode 7 where they recycled shit from last season. And then I got tot he 'Musical' episode holy shit whose idea was this?

--
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think they were all auditioning for future tv shows. Can/Can't sing? check that on the resume. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. Wills GF was actually pretty good. I like this series.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I gave up on it a few episodes in. I couldn't really point to one thing I didn't like, so much as nothing that I did like from prior seasons.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't mind musicals in the right context. But I was watching a science fiction show not Glee so it really caught me a bit off guard when she sits up in the bed and starts singing. And the whole premise, while I don't have any scientific understanding to say if it could be accurate or not, I just found ridiculous.

Anyway, overall I found Season 4 to be not bad and would give positive marks despite a few missteps along the way. There hasn't been any word yet if it will come back for a fifth season and considering how this one ended I could see that being the final episode.

If I had to rank the seasons from worst to first I'd probably go: Second, First, Third, Fourth. I think I'd actually recommend people skip Season 2 altogether.

Oh and the Nikola Tesla character was/is easily the best one on the show so I'm glad he has not been killed off up to this point.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

On May 21, 2012, Syfy announced that Sanctuary will not be returning for a fifth season and that the show is cancelled
Cancelled!

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Overdue :P
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I thought it was getting better! But yeah wont really miss it. Four seasons of most shows is enough.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Thought it was cancelled a season ago until I saw a new episode pop up on Hulu.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Maybe you should have read this thread! I didn't think season four was too bad other than a few episodes. I'd probably give it a 7/10 rating for S04.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I even posted in this thread :P