Too Easy?

WoW Discussion
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Too Easy?

Post by Bagar- »

Anyone else on beta feel that the content is simply too easy?

I understand and appreciate that it's "starter content" - however Kara / Gruuls / Mag were lightyears more difficult than naxx / Sarth / Malygos.

It only exacerbates the fact that Naxx / Sarth / Malygos are the only three raid zones slated for release, and god knows when the first content patch (Ulduar) will be.

My guild isn't the most hardcore, but i'm pretty sure we'll have this crap on farm in the first month of wrath.

Most of the heroics are easy, but that actually makes sense. BC heroics were too difficult for the rewards they offered (badges aside). This makes heroics a viable stepping-stone in gearing from 5 mans to Naxx... except that it's totally unnessecary, because you can clear the entire zone except the Abom wing in low quality pvp blues.

They wanted to simplify the zone, and tune it down. That's understandable. But they went too far and what they're going to have is a lot of bored, burnt out raiders on their hands after about the first month or two of Wrath that'll meander over to WAR due to lack of content.

For some Funkmasterr-style anecdotes: I lead a lot of raids, but mostly just naxx 10 mans, because my guild only has about 7 people on beta, and I loathe pugging. We've cleared 10 man several times, it's not hard, that was expected. Saturday I decided we'd give 25man a shot, so I picked some random puggers up and we went in.

We clared the zone in about 8 hours. KT included. Most of the puggers were still in pvp gear, most of the dpsers were only pulling 2300 - 2500, only one of our tanks was pve geared, and I was topping the healing meters by a margin of about 7%. These people weren't very good, and yet we managed to one-shot everything but Gluth, Sapphirion, 4horse, and KT (two shotted KT, he's terribly easy, even moreso than Saph or 4horse).

A PUG shouldn't be clearing the 25 man, one shotting 3/4 of the bosses, in one nights worth of work. That's two nights for my actual guild, as we raid on a 4 hour schedule, Sarth and malygos both take about 45 minutes apiece, tops. It's simply not enough content.

Thoughts?
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Too Easy?

Post by Aslanna »

WoW has always been "easy mode" for those who couldn't hack EQ. Why should new content change that!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Yeah, it's pretty damn easy. Keep in mind that premades are somewhat overgeared for regular Instances. Heroics are still too easy, but they take more time than regular runs. Raids seem to be taking a 180 from Instances like Sunwell and have become much, much easier.

All in all, I see people and guilds going through this expansion's content much faster than the last. I'm personally less likely to PvP now that both arenas and BGs are required for gear. I simply do not like or have time for arenas, so that's killing 2 time sinks at once for me.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Bagar, did you give these thoughts to Blizzard as feedback?
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Yep.

Just seeing how other's feel as well.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

One thing to take into consideration is that I would assume most of the people intelligent enough to find their way to the beta sign up page are at least marginally better than the average WoW player. So, that might have skewed the 'difficulty' a little bit.

Non-raiders will probably have a considerably more difficult time than somebody who has been raiding throughout the game's history.

Just a thought.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy