Ask a Beta player

WoW Discussion
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Ask a Beta player

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I think we have a few Beta players here, so ask away.

I currently have a lvl 62, Unholy specced Human DK on a PvP server and can answer most anything that you may want up to this point in the game.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Ask a Beta player

Post by Bubba Grizz »

When creating a DK, do you convert an existing character or do you just start out at level 55? If you convert, do you retain any of your former abilities/talents?
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

Excellent question, Bubba! That was my first question, too. Here's another:

The loot progression from the original release to Outlands was enormous. That is, yard trash were dropping greens that were better than some purples from the old world. Is the same true for the progression from Outlands to WotLK? Will my meager Kara gear be quickly replaced by level 70 quest loot?
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

Bubba Grizz wrote:When creating a DK, do you convert an existing character or do you just start out at level 55? If you convert, do you retain any of your former abilities/talents?
No, you do not 'convert' an existing character. You can create a Death Knight on any server as long as that server has a level 55+ character on it.
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Fenna wrote:Excellent question, Bubba! That was my first question, too. Here's another:

The loot progression from the original release to Outlands was enormous. That is, yard trash were dropping greens that were better than some purples from the old world. Is the same true for the progression from Outlands to WotLK? Will my meager Kara gear be quickly replaced by level 70 quest loot?
According to Blizzard Devs itemization is much less inflated as it was from Release to TBC. Also consider loot in general is having a complete overhaul with "Spell Power" rather then "+Heal or +Spell Damage".

Will you replace your full Karazhan Gear by an early quest in WotLK? Unlikely. You may replace 2-3 items by level 77.
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

Thanks for the info! It's good to know that it's not a waste of time to continue working for upgrades now, even with the expansion on it's way.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

When creating a DK, do you convert an existing character or do you just start out at level 55? If you convert, do you retain any of your former abilities/talents?
on talent points.. you start with none but they are a reward for the numerous quests during the DK initiation. you gain them gradually until you have the normal amount for your level
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've had a lot of guildies ask me about the DK, so here are some of the responses I gave.

To give an idea of relative power, 5 58-60 DKs can do ramparts without a dedicated healer, while 5 60-63 DKs can do Blood Furnace. This is because we all have some form of self healing and also because stuff dies pretty quick.

In PvP, I think Mages will be the rock to a DKs paper, especially if the DK is Unholy specced. Unholy is like, the mage killer talent spec. I also feel that rogues and Resto druids will have a pretty rough time with DKs. Rogues will have a hard time because so any of the DK's abilities are insta cast spells. Evasion isn't going to do them very much good, and with DKs wearing plate it will be a hard class for rogues to stun lock and whittle down. Meanwhile, DKs have a spell that strips off HoTs which will make life interesting for Restos. DKs also have several interrupts and silence at their disposal. I believe my feral will do pretty good against the class, as will pallies and hunters. (That is pure guessing though)

I think the class is outstanding so far. It is a lot of fun. The spells and abilites combine in such a way that it pays to think 2-3 steps ahead of the fight in order to plan your attacks for the maximum dmg and health return. As much fun as it is, I have no plans to replace my Feral druid with a DK.

Also, so far I have only played an Unholy DK. I love it so much, I hesitate to try the other specs out right now. I can cast "Antimagic Zone", which is basically an "I win" button on several boss fights in early BC.

Blizzard is getting a 10/10 from me so far. The DK is a great addition to the game.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

I heard the the new (some?) blacksmithing plans are out...but have not seen them. Blacksmithing right now is a major PIA and not really worth the effort barring the Stunherald. Has anything changed? And speaking of the Stormherald....anything in or planned to continue the line of uber mace upgrading?
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Skogen wrote:I heard the the new (some?) blacksmithing plans are out...but have not seen them. Blacksmithing right now is a major PIA and not really worth the effort barring the Stunherald. Has anything changed? And speaking of the Stormherald....anything in or planned to continue the line of uber mace upgrading?

If Mace specialization is only 10 rage, it kind of makes me sad. If Sword Spec stays as it is, I'll probably go swords on my Warrior because I'm not sure 10 rage proc is worth it over the burst RNG SS can do. I can't count the number of times I've gone from around 50-60% health on my disc priest to 0 vs Shm/War.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

The most important question...

Do DK's get more poon?
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

Diae Soulmender wrote:
Fenna wrote:Excellent question, Bubba! That was my first question, too. Here's another:

According to Blizzard Devs itemization is much less inflated as it was from Release to TBC. Also consider loot in general is having a complete overhaul with "Spell Power" rather then "+Heal or +Spell Damage".

Will you replace your full Karazhan Gear by an early quest in WotLK? Unlikely. You may replace 2-3 items by level 77.
I can confirm this, the first 20 to 25 quests I have done with my druid not a single item is even close to an upgrade. My 5th alt in all greens is equipped better then these rewards will offer. On the beta boards the consensus is the greens start to get on the same level as the tier 4 stuff about level 77 and T5+ is perfectly viable to 80.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Are they going to give me an extra slot or do I have to play the "pick an alt to delete game"?
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Morgrym wrote:Are they going to give me an extra slot or do I have to play the "pick an alt to delete game"?
Pick and delete.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

If all of your 55+ chars are Horde, can you create an Alliance race DK?
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Beta is not set up like a traditional server, but all signs point to yes. You can make a Horde even if you have an Alliance.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I just wet myself.

Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Zygar_ Cthulhukin wrote:If all of your 55+ chars are Horde, can you create an Alliance race DK?
I do not believe it matters. As long as you have (1) level 55+ character on a server you can create a Death Knight on either side.

Feel free to correct me if Im wrong.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

I'm on northrend beta as Janx or Xnaj (druid/DK). Generally on the DK so, if you see me on and need help with something just give me a holler. Druids 71 and DK is 79 so if you need 70ish healing I'd be more than happy (so long as wife doesnt have me PL her DK).
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

What is changing with the Tradeskills? I heard there is a new one. What's up with that? Anything happening with the older skills?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Inscription is the new skill. Think of it as enchanting your spells. It will use herbs for it's creation. All characters will get 6 glyph slots, 2 each lesser/minor/major.

Lesser does things that are purely cosmetic, or fun. For example, druids can get polar bear form and make seal form go 20% faster. Lesser is mainly for play.

I believe minors do things like let you cast spells without needing reagents and make your buffs last longer. Stuff like that.

Once you get to the majors, and you have the good stuff. They alter spells and such. I'll list some below in another post.

EDIT: If you choose Inscription as your trade, you'll get extra glyph slots. I believe it's one of each. I plan on dropping alchemy for Inscription. I'll take a constant, across the board buff from glyphs to a dispellable "lost on death" clickable buff. I also think the glyphs will have a much more dramatic impact on my class and tactics.
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on September 2, 2008, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Glyphs from build 8885
Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))

Glyph of the Wild -- Your Gift of the Wild spells no longer require a reagent.
Glyph of Aquatic Form -- Increases your swim speed by 20 while in Aquatic Form.
Glyph of Rebirth -- Your Gift of the Wild spells no longer require a reagent.
Glyph of Challenging Roar -- Reduce the cooldown of your Challenging Roar ability by 30 sec.
Glyph of Thorns -- Increases the duration of your Thorns ability by 50 min when cast on yourself.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))

Glyph of Revive Pet -- Gives your Revive Pet spell a 100% chance to not lose casting time when you take damage.
Glyph of Mend Pet -- Your Mend Pet spell increases your pet's happiness slightly.
Glyph of Bestial Speed -- Increases the speed of your pet by 40% while using Eyes of the Beast.
Glyph of Scare Beast -- Gives your Scare Beast spell a 75% chance to not lose casting time when you take damage.
Glyph of Feign Death -- Reduce the cooldown of your Feign Death spell by 5.
Glyph of the Pack -- Increases the range of your Aspect of the Pack ability by 15 yards.

Mage (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))

Glyph of Arcane Intellect -- Reduce the mana cost of your Arcane Intellect and Arcane Brilliance spells by 50%.
Glyph of Slow Fall -- Your Slow Fall spell no longer requires a reagent.
Glyph of Fire Ward -- You have an additional 5% chance to reflect Fire spells while your Fire Ward is active.
Glyph of Frost Ward -- You have an additional 5% chance to reflect Frost spells while your Frost Ward is active.
Glyph of Ice Armor -- Increases the duration of your Frost Armor and Ice Armor spells by 30 min.

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))

Glyph of Blessing of Kings -- Reduce the mana cost of your Blessing of Kings and Greater Blessing of Kings spells by 50%.
Glyph of Sense Undead -- Damage against Undead increased by 1% while your Sense Undead ability
Glyph of the Warhorse -- Reduce the casting time of your Summon Charger and Summon Warhorse spells by 0.5 sec.
Glyph of Lay on Hands -- Increases the mana restored by your Lay on Hands spell by 5%.
Glyph of Blessing of Might -- Increases the duration of your Blessing of Might spell by 20 min when cast on yourself.
Glyph of Blessing of Wisdom -- Increases the duration of your Blessing of Wisdom spell by 20 min when cast on yourself.

Priest (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))

Glyph of Fading -- Reduce the mana cost of your Fade spell by 50%.
Glyph of Shackle Undead -- Increases the range of your Shackle Undead spell by 5 yards.
Glyph of Levitate -- Your Levitate spell no longer requires a reagent.
Glyph of Fortitude -- Reduce the mana cost of your Power Word: Fortitude and Prayer of Fortitude spells by 5%.
Glyph of Shadow Protection -- Increases the duration of your Shadow Protection and Prayer of Shadow Protection spells by 10 min.

Rogue (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8885))

Glyph of Pick Pocket -- Increases the range of your Pick Pocket skill by 5 yards.
Glyph of Vanish -- Increases your movement speed by 30% while the Vanish effect is active.
Glyph of Blurred Speed -- You gain the ability to walk on water while your Sprint ability is active.

Glyphs from build 8820
Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph of Aimed Shot - Decreases the cooldown of Aimed Shot by 1 sec.
Glyph of Arcane Shot - Your Arcane Shot refunds 20% of its mana cost if the target has one of your Stings active on it.
Glyph of Aspect of the Beast - Increases the attack power bonus of Aspect of the Beast for you and your pet by an additional 2%.
Glyph of Aspect of the Monkey - While Aspect of the Moneky is active, each time you dodge you gain 30% increased movement speed for 6 sec. This speed does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
Glyph of Aspect of the Viper - You regenerate mana from Aspect of the Viper as if you had 15% less mana in your current mana pool.
Glyph of Bestial Wrath - Decreases the cooldown of Bestial Wrath by 20 sec.
Glyph of Deterrence - Decreases the cooldown of Deterrence by 20 sec.
Glyph of Disenegage - Decreases the cooldown of Disengage by 5 sec.
Glyph of Freezing Trap - When your Freezing Trap breaks, the victim is afflicted with a 40% snare, recovering 10% per sec. for 4 sec.
Glyph of Frost Trap - Increases the radius of the effect from your Frost Trap by 1 to 0 yards.
Glyph of Hunter's Mark - Increases the attack power bonus of your Hunter's Mark by 20%.
Glyph of Immolation Trap - Decreases the duration of the effect from your Immolation Trap by -6000 sec., but damage while active is increased by 100%.
Glyph of Improved Aspect of the Hawk - Increases the effect of Improved Aspect of the Hawk by an additional 6.
Glyph of Multi-Shot - Decreases the cooldown of Multi-Shot by 1 sec.
Glyph of Rapid Fire - Increases the haste from Rapid Fire by an additional 8%.
Glyph of Serpent Sting - Increases the duration of your Serpent Sting by 3 sec.
Glyph of Snake Trap - Your Snake Trap creates 2 additional snakes.
Glyph of Steady Shot - Increases the damage dealt by Steady Shot by 10% when your target is afflicted with Serpent Sting.
Glyph of Trueshot Aura - Increases the attack power bonus of Trueshot Aura by an additional 2%.
Glyph of Volley - Decreases the mana cost of Volley by -20%.
Glyph of Wyvern Sting - Decreases the cooldown of your Wyvern Sting by 15 sec., but decreases the damage it deals by 20%.

Mage (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph of Fireball - Increases the initial damage dealt by Fireball by 5%, but removes the damage over time effect.
Glyph of Fireblast - Increases the critical strike chance of Fireblast by 50% when the target is stunned or incapacitated.
Glyph of Frost Nova - Your Frost Nova targets can take an additional 20% damage before the Frost Nova effect automatically breaks.
Glyph of Frostbolt - Increases the damage dealt by Frostbolt by 5%, but removes the slowing effect.
Glyph of Ice Armor - Your Ice Armor and Frost Armor spells grant an additional 20% armor and resistance.
Glyph of Ice Block - Your Frost Nova cooldown is now reset every time you use Ice Block.
Glyph of Ice Lance - Increases the range of your Ice Lance by 5 yards.
Glyph of Icy Veins - Your Icy Veins ability also removes all movement slowing and cast time slowing effects.
Glyph of Improved Scorch - The Improved Scorch talent now generates 5 applications of the Improved Scorch effect each time Scorch is cast.
Glyph of Invisibility - Increases the duration of the Invisibility effect by 5 sec.
Glyph of Mage Armor - Your Mage Armor spell grants an additional 20% mana regeneration while casting.
Glyph of Mana Gem - Increases the mana recieved from using a mana gem by 10%.
Glyph of Molten Armor - Your Molten Armor spell grants an additional 2% critical strike chance.
Glyph of Polymorph - Your Polymorph spell also removes all damage over time effects from the target.
Glyph of Remove Curse - Your Remove Curse spell also makes the target immune to all Curses for 6 sec.
Glyph of Water Elemental - Reduces the cooldown of your Summon Water Elemental spell by 30 sec.

Rogue (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph - Sap - Increases the duration of Sap by 10 sec.
Glyph - Evasion - Increases the duration of Evasion by 5 sec.
Glyph - Backstab - Increases the damage dealt by Backstab to stunned and incapacitated targets by 20%.
Glyph - Rupture - Increases the duration of Rupture by 5 sec.
Glyph - Eviscerate - Increases the critical strike chance of Eviscerate by 10%.
Glyph - Expose Armor - Increases the duration of Expose Armor by 10 sec.
Glyph - Feint - Reduces the energy cost of Feint by -10.
Glyph - Shiv - Reduces the energy cost of Shiv by -5.
Glyph - Deadly Throw - Increases the range on Deadly Throw by 5 yards.
Glyph - Hemorrhage - Increases the damage bonus against targets afflicted by Hemorrhage by 40%.
Glyph - Adrenaline Rush - Decreases the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush by 60 sec.
Glyph - Gouge - Reduces the power cost of Gouge by -10.
Glyph - Slice and Dice - Increases the duration of Slice and Dice by 3 sec.
Glyph - Sprint - Decreases the cooldown of Sprint by 60 sec.
Glyph - Garrote - Increases periodic damage dealt by Garrrote by 45%, but decreases the duration by 3 sec.
Glyph - Ambush - Increases the range on Ambush by 5 yards.
Glyph - Ghostly Strike - Increases the damage dealt by Ghostly Strike by 50% and the duration of its effect by 4 sec., but increases its cooldown by 10 sec.

Warlock (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph of Siphon Life - Increases the effect of your Siphon Life spell by 20%.
Glyph of Howl of Terror - Reduces the cooldown on your Howl of Terror spell by 8 sec.
Glyph of Corruption - You Corruption spell has a 4% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent. The Shadow Trance state reduces the casting time of your next Shadow Bolt spell by -100%.
Glyph of Healthstone - You receive 30% more healing from using a healthstone.
Glyph of Searing Pain - Increases the critical strike bonus of your Searing Pain by 20%.
Glyph of Immolate - Increases the periodic damage of your Immolate by 20% but decreases its initial damage by -10%.
Glyph of Shadowburn - Increases the critical strike chance of Shadowburn by 20% when the target is below 35% health.
Glyph of Soulstone - Increases the amount of health a player gains from resurrecting via your Soulstone by 100%.
Glyph of Death Coil - Increases the duration of your Death Coil by 0.5 sec.
Glyph of Unstable Affliction - Decreases the casting time of your Unstable Affliction by 0.2 sec.
Glyph of Conflagrate - Reduces tha mana cost of your Conflagrate by -20%.
Glyph of Health Funnel - Increases the chance you'll resist spell interruption when channeling your Health Funnel spell by 100%.
Glyph of Shadow Bolt - Reduces the mana cost of your Shadow Bolt by -10%.
Glyph of Curse of Agony - Increases the duration of your Curse of Agony by 4 sec.
Glyph of Banish - Increases the duration of your Banish by 5 sec.
Glyph of Fear - Increases the damage your Fear target can take before the Fear effect is removed by 20%.
Glyph of Felguard - Increases your Felguard's physical damage by 20%.
Glyph of Voidwalker - Increases your Voidwalker's health by 20%.
Glyph of Imp - Increases your Imp's spell damage by 20%.
Glyph of Felhunter - Increases your Felhunter's spell damage by 20%.
Glyph of Succubus - Increases the duration of your Succubus's Seduction by 3 sec.

Glyphs from build 8770
Priest (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph of Power Word: Shield - Your Power Word: Shield also heals the target for 20% of the absorption amount.
Glyph of Lightwell - Increases the amount healed by your Lightwell by 20%
Glyph of Renew - Reduces the duration of your Renew by 3 sec. but increases the amount healed per time by 40%.
Glyph of Circle of Healing - Your Circle of Healing spell heals 1 additional target.
Glyph of Psychic Scream - Increases the duration of your Psychic Scream by 1 sec.
Glyph of Dispel Magic - Your Dispel Magic spell also heals your target for 6% of maximum health.
Glyph of Fear Ward - Reduces cooldown and duration of Fear Ward by 30 sec.
Glyph of Flash Heal - Reduces the mana cost of your Flash Heal by -10%.
Glyph of Prayer of Healing - Your Prayer of Healing spell also heals an additional 20% of its initial heal over 6 sec.
Glyph of Mind Flay - Increases the range of your Mind Flay spell by 10 yards, but it no longer reduces the target's movement speed.
Glyph of Shadow Word: Death - Targets below 35% health take an additional 10% damage from your Shadow Word: Death spell.
Glyph of Holy Nova - Your Holy Nova spell heals for an additional 40%, but deals -40% less damage.
Glyph of Fade - Increases the effect of your Fade spell by 100%.
Glyph of Spirit of Redemption - All heals cast while Spirit of Redemption is active have a 20% chance to increase the remaining duration of Spirit of Redemption by 20 sec.
Glyph of Inner Fire - Increases the duration of Inner Fire by 100%.
Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain - Reduces the mana cost of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by -20%.
Glyph of Mind Control - Increases the duration of your Mind Control spell by 12 sec.
Glyph of Mind Soothe - Increases the duration of your Mind Soothe spell by 5 sec. and reduces the range at which the victim will attack by an additional 100%.
Glyph of Shackle Undead - Extends the range on Shackle Undead by 5 yards.
Glyph of Mass Dispel - Reduces the mana cost of Mass Dispel by -20%.
Glyph of Smite - Increases the chance you'll resist spell interruption when casting your Smite spell by 50%.

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph - Water Shield 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Water Shield has 3 additional charges.
Glyph - Chain Heal 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Chain Heal heals 1 additional target.
Glyph - Lesser Healing Wave 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Lesser Healing Wave heals for 20% more if the target is also affected by your Earth Shield.
Glyph - Earthliving Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the chance for your Earthliving weapon to trigger by 5%.
Glyph - Healing Wave 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Healing Wave also heals you for 20% of the healing effect when you heal someone else.
Glyph - Mana Tide 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Mana Tide Totem grants an additional 1% of each target's maximum mana each time it pulses.
Glyph - Earth Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the global cooldown triggered by your Earth Shock ability by 1 sec.
Glyph - Frost Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the duration of your Frost Shock by 2 sec.
Glyph - Strength of Earth 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Strength of Earth Totem also grants 1% melee and ranged critical strike chance.
Glyph - Windfury Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - The attack power bonus on the additional attacks granted by Windfury Weapon is increased by 40%.
Glyph - Stormstrike 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the nature damage bonus from your Stormstrike ability by an additional 8%.
Glyph - Flame Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the range on your Flame Shock ability by 10 yards.
Glyph - Lighnting Shield 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the damage from Lightning Shield by 20%.
Glyph - Chain Lightning 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Chain Lightning strikes 1 additional target.
Glyph - Fire Nova Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the radius of Fire Nova Totem's effect by 2 yards.
Glyph - Flametongue Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases spell critical strike chance by 2% while Flametongue Weapon is active.
Glyph - Totem of Wrath 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Totem of Wrath also grants 1% spell haste.
Glyph - Lightning Bolt 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the cost of your Lightning Bolt ability by -10%.
Glyph - Earth Elemental Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the cooldown of your Earth Elemental Totem by 3 min.
Glyph - Fire Elemental Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the cooldown of your Fire Elemental Totem by 3 min.
Glyph - Healing Stream Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Healing Stream Totem heals for an additional 20%.

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph of Seal of Command - Increases the chance of dealing Seal of Command damage by 20%.
Glyph of Hammer of Justice - Increases your Hammer of Justice duration by 1 sec.
Glyph of Blessing of Wisdom - Your Blessing of Wisdom causes your target to also regenerate health at the same rate as mana.
Glyph of Hammer of Wrath - Increases the range on Hammer of Wrath by 5 yards.
Glyph of Crusader Strike - Your Crusader strike deals 20% more damage when your targe is incapacitated or stunned.
Glyph of Consecration - Increases the radius of Consecration by 1 yards.
Glyph of Righteous Defense - Increases the chance for your Righteous Defense ability to work successfully by 8% on each target.
Glyph of Avenger's Shield - Your Avenger's Shield hits -2 fewer targets but for 100% more damage.
Glyph of Turn Evil - Reduces the cooldown on Turn Evil by 5 sec.
Glyph of Exorcism - Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 0 sec.
Glyph of Blessing of Kings - Your Blessing of Kings also increases attack power on affected targets by 3%.
Glyph of Flash of Light - Your Flash of Light heals for -50% less initially but also heals for 196% of its inital effect over 1 to 0 sec.
Glyph of Holy Light - Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 5 of the initial target.
Glyph of Blessing of Might - Your Blessing of Might also grants offensive spell power equal to 10% of the attack power it grants.
Glyph of Lay on Hands - Your Lay on Hands also grants you as much mana as it grants your target.
Glyph of Seal of Wisdom - While Seal of Wisdom is active the cost of your healing spells is reduced by -5%.
Glyph of Seal of Light - While Seal of Light is active the effect of your healing spells is increased by 5%.

Glyphs from build 8686
Miscellaneous

Glyph Mastery (Passive) - Unlocks an additional Glyph.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Venomous Mana (Glyph Passive) - Empowers a Greater Glyph to grant your Viper Sting ability an additional 15% chance to resist dispel effects.

Mage

Glyph of the Penguin - Empowers a Minor Glyph to cause your Polymorph: Sheep spell to turn the target into a baby penguin.

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))

Glyph of Natural Force (Class: Druid) - Empowers a Greater Glyph to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting your Wrath spells by 50%.
Glyph of Moonfire (Class: Druid) - Empowers a Lesser Glyph to reduce the rage cost of your Demoralizing Roar by 20.
Glyph of Thorns (Class: Druid) - Empowers a Minor Glyph to reduce the mana cost of your Thorns spells by %s1%.
Glyph of Wild Endurance (Class: Druid) - Empowers a Minor Glyph to increase the duration of your Mark of the Wild and Gift of the Wild spells by 30 min.
Glyph of the White Bear - Changes the appearance of your bear and dire bear forms to that of a polar bear.
Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration - While Frenzied Regeration is active healing effects on you are 20% more powerful.
Glyph of Growl - Increases the chance for your Growl ability to work successfully by 8%.
Glyph of Mangle - Increases the duration of Mangle by 6 sec.
Glyph of Swipe - Your Swipe ability now hits 1 additional target.
Glyph of Shred - Increases the damage dealt by Shred to stunned and incapacitated targets by 20%.
Glyph of Rip - Increases the duration of your Rip ability by 3 sec.
Glyph of Rake - Your Rake ability prevents targets from fleeing.
Glyph of Swiftmend - Your Swiftmend ability no longer consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect from the target.
Glyph of Innervate - Your innervate ability now has an additional 20% strength mana regeneration effect on you in addition to the effect on your primary target.
Glyph of Rebirth - Increases the amount of health on a character brought back to life via Rebirth by 100%.
Glyph of Regrowth - Increases the amount of your initial Regrowth heal by 50% if your Regrowth effect is still active on the target.
Glyph of Rejuvenation- While your rejuvenation targets are below 50% health you will heal them for an additional 50% health.
Glyph of Healing Touch - Decreases the cast time of Healing Touch by 1.5 sec. the mana cost by -25% and the amount healed by -50%.
Glyph of Lifebloom - Increases the duration of Lifebloom by 1 sec.
Glyph of Starfire - Your Starfall ability increases the duration of your Moonfire effect on the target by 3 sec.
Glyph of Insect Swarm - Increases the damage of your Insect Swarm ability by 30% but it no longer affects your victim's chance to hit.
Glyph of Hurricane - Your Hurricane ability now also slows the movement speed of its victims by -20%.
Glyph of Starfall- Increases the duration of Starfall by 2 sec.
Glyph of Wrath - Increases the chance you'll resist spell interruption when casting your Wrath spell by 50%.
Glyph of Moonfire - Increases the periodic damage of your Moonfire ability by 75% but initial damage is decreased by -90%.
Glyph of Entangling Roots - Increases the damage your Entangling Roots victims can take before the Entangling Roots automatically breaks by 20%.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Bubba Grizz wrote:What is changing with the Tradeskills? Anything happening with the older skills?
All the tradeskills are receiving pretty big changes, I would suggest going to http://www.worldofraids.com and reading the patch notes for a couple of weeks, I cannot find them compiled anywhere and don't remember them all to list them. The changes are that each tradeskill gives some sort of buff/ability to the person with thim, like miners get +35 stamina, and herbalists get a 2000 HoT. Additionally, they are changing many of the bind on pickup items for tradeskills, like only leatherworkers will be able to use the epic leg enchants. Engineering is becoming closer to enchanting, instead of making rocket boots, you now can make an item that adds the rocket effect to boots (but then you can't enchant them). Enchanting you can sell mats on the AH.

I know they talked about allowing you to have two specs in wotlk, is that implemented yet, and if so, how does it work (ie. how often can you switch specs in a day, etc). Also, isn't the ability to have 2 specs kind of pointless since you would have to change a bunch of your enchants (for certain classes), and glyphs (for almost every class), when switching from PVE to PVP or tanking to dps or healing to dps, etc? Or is that included in the spec swapping?

And finally: I got my Rogue to 70 5 weeks ago, and have been gearing him up in PVP. He has full pvp gear now, with all s2 minus s4 legs (and guardian everything else), and we just hit 1800 rating in WRD (wow is being a rogue in that comp easy/has no pressure on you). Should I get s3 (or 4 if we get the rating with my s2 gear) daggers or swords? Daggers seem like the way to go in 3.0/wotlk, with both mutilate and subtlety daggers being amazing. This question is semi pointless since they still haven't put in the 31 point assassination talent, or change the subtlety tree to be less dagger centric, like they said they were going to a week ago.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i have heard or seen nothing at all about double specs. either its a rumor or i'm not paying attention.

as for rogues. mutilate in its current form after the last build trumps everything. if it remains the way it is right now, you will want double daggers before the expansion hits. you're probably going to want to get a fast offhand as opposed to the mutilator version.. it will have superior DPS especially with the buffs to poisons in assassinate. i've tried every build (sub dagger still blows, btw.. people just get noobvision over the ambush numbers per usual) and.. yeah.. mutilate is completely absurd right now and Deadly Brew isn't even working yet.. and DW isnt tier 1 yet either.

with the changes theyve discussed right now in addition to what theyve already implemented, the best build possible for leveling (and DPS in general) will most likely be picking up DW spec in combat, Opportunity in Sub, and dumping the remainder in Assassinate

as you say, though... this is really the only attention theyve given to rogues past the initial talent & skill layout.. but they are obviously going to come under a major review soon so all of this is likely to change. but i'd say that if they do end up keeping the nondirectional mutilate its extremely likely to be the king leveling build.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

cadalano wrote:i have heard or seen nothing at all about double specs. either its a rumor or i'm not paying attention.
It was mentioned once in a blue post. I have also not heard anything since, but people really latched onto the concept.

Found the quote:
WotLK Multi Talent Spec
We talked about this recently at the Worldwide Invitational actually. We are looking into allowing players to basically have two talent specs that they can switch between but we are still working out the exact details so we will have to wait and see exactly how it will function in-game.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Yeah, i was also more talking what would be best for the end of season 4 with 3.0 out (i think a 3 v 3 of mage, rogue, ret paladin will be fun with the ridiculous burst).

And sub daggers sucks? Seemed like people liked it on AJ/Wowriot (not that wowriot is a worthwhile source besides 1 or 2 people who rarely post) like it with the backstab changes and shadow dance.

Mutilate does look ridiculous though.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i dont think much will change in PVP with these talents. mutilate will still be a niche build.. only widely applicable when paired with a mage. for most other builds, it will be too easy to control or kill the rogue, just as always

and yeah... sub daggers sucks.. i thought you were talking about PVE but i cant imagine its any good for PVP either.. i dont see any redeeming changes at all. it'll be fun for ambushing nubs out in world PVP i suppose but the massive shortcomings that backstab builds have always had (both in PVP and PVE) are not going anywhere. and shadowdance? that shit was clearly just a filler.. they'd better put something hot in there.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

cadalano wrote:i dont think much will change in PVP with these talents. mutilate will still be a niche build.. only widely applicable when paired with a mage. for most other builds, it will be too easy to control or kill the rogue, just as always

and yeah... sub daggers sucks. it'll be fun for ambushing nubs out in world PVP i suppose but the massive shortcomings that backstab builds have always had (both in PVP and PVE) are not going anywhere. and shadowdance? that shit was clearly just a filler.. they'd better put something hot in there.
Haha, i blame the videos of people rocking a full health player from 100-0 with shadow dance, while they are stunned the whole time and taking massive ambushes and backstabs.

Seems like it will be easier to control rogues in general with almost everyone getting a snare resist talent, and the fact that wound poison doesn't stack up, so it will be easier to dispel crippling.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

the wound thing can go either way. i've found from playing my resto druid and shaman that wound usually only protects the cripple for one dispel anyway, if at all. you also have to consider that anyone using Deadly Brew will almost immediately have at least 3 poison effects on the target now.

blizz seems to think that it will be a welcome change but the backlash will probably pressure them to revert it back anyway.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Yeah, i didn't mean to imply it was a bad change. Putting it on your offhand for an instant 35 energy MS effect sounds really good to me, especially with Deadly Brew.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Skogen wrote:I heard the the new (some?) blacksmithing plans are out...but have not seen them. Blacksmithing right now is a major PIA and not really worth the effort barring the Stunherald. Has anything changed? And speaking of the Stormherald....anything in or planned to continue the line of uber mace upgrading?
Hmmm, for some reason I missed this inquiry.

When Blizzard switched off Judgements, which made leveling almost impossible, I jumped into my tradeskills - Mining and Blacksmithing. I am now 450 in Mining and 440 in Blacksmithing. The last 10 points in Blacksmithing require a buttload of titansteel, and the smelt one (1) titansteel bar has a 20 hour cooldown (which I hate btw).

Blacksmithing now offers more than it ever did. They are literally entire suits of armor for tanking, dps, and healing for both PVE and PVP. I got a good laugh out the irony of the first tanking suit being called "Cobalt ____" (hi Kunark!). There are also a lot of 1h itemization options, but the 2hers is somewhat lacking. I've only seen 1 440 skill 2h mace, and while it is very nice, it's BOE and the mats are super-easy to get. No direct updates from Stormherald.

Here's the mace:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41257
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

cadalano, what do you think of the blue post about the changes today? Everything seemed good to me, except Relentless Strikes being 5 points instead of 1 (Countering their removal of bloat in subtlety), the 31 point talent doesn't seem to make sense in assassination (with only 1 vanish to reenter stealth), and shadowdance may just suck (and i really don't want to have to find binds for all my stealth abilities when unstealthed).

edit: anyone can give their thoughts, actually, I just directed it at cadalano since he was answering all my questions.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

master poisoner nerf is not too big a deal, but its a weak filler now.

relentless going to 5 pts only seems like it'd be a significant nerf to combat builds, party because of the opportunity change for dagger DPS builds.. and because of MOD/Camo reduction for deep sub PVP hemo builds. The change completely blindsided me, though.. didn't they want to do something to make it less of a "must-have" talent?? well i guess they did! This is like saying we'll reduce our dependency on oil by quintupling the price so no one will be able to afford it anymore.

overkill is completely retarded for sustained DPS.. but fucking *HOT* for grinding

hunger duration increase to 30 is good but the implementation of the ability is still just WRONG. It will require you to constantly babysit the buff while grinding if you want to get the most out of the talent... and now i imagine it should be no problem to keep the 15% on all the time even in between kills which is fuckin OP anyway. it needs to be changed to a shield w/ charges that consume physical debuffs or something

mutilate is still easily the best grinding/leveling spec.. and probably the highest DPS

all combat changes aimed at PVP are pointless. the other changes seem nice.. but still way behind mutilate

nerves of steel clearly nerfed because it was too PVE friendly as a PVP talent in a PVE tree

killing/murder spree- could be the coolest ability in the entire game, ever.. if they actually get it working

opp to 2 points strengthens mutilate even more

slaughter from shadows reducing hemo energy is pretty much all the non-dagger incentive the tree needs. blizz might have overdone this one.

new shadow dance... hot. as far as PVP goes, this skill rocks. a much cleaner way to follow-up CC's with sap than using vanish. this change defends deep sub as the PVP champion build
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Do the boobies have moar pixels?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

LOL
WotLK Beta ChangeLog (8890)
----------------

Boobies
-now they have more pixels

oh my gosh! can you guys imagine such a world? LOL
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I got a new friend today.

And he makes cute noises too.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

PENGUINS!!!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Are they going to wipe Honor/Arena points or anything like that?

I am currently saving up some honor so I can pick up some new gear when I hit 80... is that smart?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

They are going to wipe arena points when you level to 71. They have not said if they are going to do that with honor or not yet, but most people seem to think they will.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

They are updating Beta/PTR realms with a new build now, and I found the blue post about it kind of funny:
Sorry about that. We missed the 15 minute warning.

Servers down. New build on the way. ETA is a few hours.

I don't have patch notes. Off the top of my head:

--Heroics have all been re-tuned. We'd really like feedback on the Heroics this push.
--25 person raids have been re-tuned
--Some tuning changes to 10 person raids
--Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered.
--More Icecrown quests and polish. We'd LOVE more Icecrown quest feedback. Please use the in-game feedback UI or post in the quest forums.
--More Dalaran polish
--Performance updates and new performance logging to help get the servers in good condition.
--We're working on getting a beta Glyph vendor in the build so you guys will have quick and easy access to all of the glyphs for feedback. That system *might* make this push.

I'm not the patch note guy but that's my version of the patch notes.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

--More Icecrown quests and polish. We'd LOVE more Icecrown quest feedback. Please use the in-game feedback UI or post in the quest forums.
[Show]
With today's patch in Beta included an in-game machinima of the Battle for the Wrathgate. Before today, whenever you completed the quest, every NPC in that corner of the Dragonblight would just poof... very disappointing. Now, it plays this fucking awesome cinematic portraying that Grand Apothecary Putress and Varimathras betray Sylvannas and the Forsaken and use the plague that the Royal Apothecary Society has been working on, on the Lich King, the Scourge, the Alliance, and the Horde. While I don't have a horde character, this appears to be what you do if you're Horde:
After that, as the video shows you the alliance and the horde attack, trying to take the gate so they can attack Icecrown Citadel, and kill Arthas. Arthas shows up, then the RAS (Royal apothecary society, the ones you have been helping to develop the new plague since level 1) unleash it, killing alliance, horde and the scourge in the attack. It turns out Grand Apothecary Puttress and Varimathias betray the forsaken and take over undercity, Puttress was the one talking as the plague was being launched. In the attack, Saurfang Jr and Bolvar both die, the red dragon flight then comes to cleanse the area of the plague and burns the bodies.

After that, you get a quest to go back to Saurfang in Warsong and tell him what happened, he sends you to thrall. Sylvanas is there beside thrall and you find out that she was betrayed and barely escaped. Jaina ports in, asks wtf happened and then goes back to report to the stormwind king. Thrall now creates a portal to UC, and you, thrall, sylvanas, an elite group of his guard attack to reclaim Undercity. You get massive buffs etc etc, and after fighting your way through 3 areas, get to Varimathas who is trying to summon someone (don't find out who). After closing 6 portals, summoning demons, you fight him and kill him. At this point, the alliance king of Stormwind arrives after having killed Puttress with Jaina and his elite guard and pretty much goes crazy and declares war, charges in to attack thrall but Jaina freezes everyone and ports the alliance out.

And once you reach Icecrown you find out that the Alliance and Horde are at each others throats, and that as the alliance attacked a wrathgate, a horde scouting force backstabbed them and both the alliance and horde forces there all die and the gate is still in the possession of the scourge.
I hope and pray and will sacrifice many gnomes in hopes that there is an Alliance quest similar to this. As a lore freak, this makes me so happy in the pants :lol:.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

10-man Malygos encounter

Phase 1 - Wendy! I can fly!
Phase 2 - Map of the Azeroth's Ley Lines + flying discs = A+
Phase 3 - :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvofguO_Do
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

p3 looks like a clusterfuck. The rest looks pretty easy.

Sartharion is easy as balls with no drakes up, and damn near impossible with. This is in a pug of course. We one shotted him on both 25 and 10 though, and a lot of people were retarded and died to flame waves. Practically 15manned it.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Factions:

What factions from the previous worlds are we going to need? What comes to mind is Argent Dawn faction. Would it be a good idea to get this up to exalted before the expansion? Or does it even matter?
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

What is the new Naxx like? Same as the old encounters, or totaly new stuff?
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Gemily wrote:What is the new Naxx like? Same as the old encounters, or totaly new stuff?

Generally the 25 man is exactly the same in terms of strategy, just toned down (less adds on gothik, lower reletive dps requirement on patchwerk, heigan dance is slower, etc.). You still have to mindcontrol on Razuvious / Faerlina.

The only fights that got a truly major overhaul are 4horsemen and Loatheb. On Loatheb, your raid gets a 16 second healing debuff (100%), it goes away after 16 seconds for 4 seconds, during which you can heal, then it reapplies itself - this cycles until he's dead, and he still does all the aoes he did at 60 with the same frequency and he still does Spores. Generally speaking it's an extremely easy fight, and the healing window is more than enough unless your dps is horrible and the fight takes forever.

Four horsemen is exactly like the old fight in the Marks system, and what the bosses themselves do (thane does meteor, bleumaux does void zones, Zeliek will chain lightning and wipe your raid if they're fucking stupid, etc.) The big change is in how it's tanked.

Baron Rivendere (replaced Mograine) and Thane are still tanked regularly, they go to the corners to the left and right of where you enter the room, and generally you'll stack your dps in the left corner with a tank and some healers in the right corner. When the raid has 3 marks you swap the mobs, dragging them to the middle and having your tanks taunt and pulling the other mob back to your corner. Just rotate them every 3 marks until they're both dead, with the dps staying in the left corner the entire time and the tanks rotating the mobs (tanks will return to their own corners, just with a different boss).

Zeliek and Blaumaux are stationary casters, they have no threat table and simply attack whomever is closest to them. The way we handled them was to have two casters (warlocks in our case) tank them while rotating after they got 3 marks. They just run to the other mob. In 25man, Zeliek and B. nuke for about 8k with Zeliek throwing out 3k chain lightning things as well, so you're going to want a minimum of three healers healing them. The healers will stand on the middle platform, out of range of ALL marks. We had a paladin, resto shaman, and druid, with the paladin using beacon on one and healing the other, and druid keeping hots on both. Their damage cannot be underestimated.

In 10 man it's the same with the entire fight except for Blaumaux and Zeliak. In 10man, you'll have a ranged and a healer in the back, the healer will be one of the tanks. Holy paladins and resto druid work well here. Just swap every 3 marks and the healer keeps both himself and the caster up.

Recomend 7 healers for 25man, 2 on baron side, 2 on thane side, and 3 in the back. 3 healers for 10 is plenty, one in back, one on baron, and one on thane.

|...........|platform|.............|
|...........|platform|.............|
|...........|_______| ............|
|.....................................|
| Thane <------------------>Baron|
|________ DOOR HERE________|

Should also mention that on 10man you do not have to MC for Faerlina (you simply kill her add as she enrages) or Razuvious (there are mind control orbs similar to Razorgore).
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Thanks a ton Bagar, youre awsome :D
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Any leveling guides out there? I'll probably end up mostly doing 70-80 through instances, but curious anyway.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Aardor wrote:Any leveling guides out there? I'll probably end up mostly doing 70-80 through instances, but curious anyway.
To clarify, before TBC came out, I got a guide that covered a few things: Where in zones to pick up quests, good quests to do cause of easiness, experience, items, or future quest chains, what quests are available for what dungeons, which dungeons to go to at what level, etc. I don't want a full guide that is like "OK NOW DO QUEST A, THEN QUEST B ON THE WAY TO TURN IN QUEST A."

So anyone know of a guide, or have some recommendations? thanks!