Sabathia MVP?

What do you think about the sports world?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Sabathia MVP?

Post by Trek »

I mean seriously WTF? Heard them(ESPN) discussing that he deserves to be MVP. I really dont see a case for it, sure he is 8-0 in 9 starts but he isnt even close to being an MVP as a pitcher, that would really have to goto Webb(who as I recall was 9-0 in his first 9 starts in the NL this year). Hell CC wasnt even in the NL for the first 2/3 of the season. Its not even like the Brewers where sucking before they acquired him and they have a fairly soft schedule so he was a great pickup to gaurantee some wins. I bet the Brewers would have won 5-6 of those games even if he didnt pitch. I would go so far as to say he isnt MVP on his own team and would put Bruan or even Hart in there before him. Cook has almost singlehandedly (as an SP) kept the Rockies hanging around, he has 7 more wins then anyone on his club. Chipper has been nothing but gold out in Atl, sure they have no shot but he is more deserving the MVP over Sabathia. Manny has had way more of an impact in LA then CC has had with the Brewers and I wouldnt put him in the running as an MVP for the NL. Dempster in Chicago, Volquez in Cincy, Wright in NY, Berkman or Lee in Houston, Pujols Ludwick or even Lohse in Stl. No way CC should get an MVP
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Sabathia MVP?

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I don't care if he gets the honor or not so long as he keeps winning. Besides with free agency, he won't be a Brewer next year anyhow.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

While it being discussed and while he is a huge addition to the likely NL Wild Card team, it will not happen. He will get votes, of course, but Webb is the clear favorite.
en kærlighed småkager
Xyphir
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xyphir »

The last NL pitcher to win an MVP was Koufax in 1963. I'm a firm believer in that unless a pitcher does something spectacular, the MVP should be awarded to a position player. This year, the favorite should be Pujols. He just pulled even with Chipper for average, and has 86 BBs to 44 Ks, which is simply amazing. Not bad for a guy drafted in the 13th round. He's my pick for NL MVP.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Oh lol, I was thinking Cy Young.

Not sure on MVP yet.

I do nominate Carlos Delgado for Comeback Player of the Year though. :)
en kærlighed småkager