What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dress Goth, Get Beat to Death by Idiots

Post by Winnow »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 291985.stm

Senseless
A 15-year-old boy kicked and stamped to death a woman because she was dressed as a Goth, a court heard.

The drunk teenager was among a gang of five who "savagely and mercilessly" attacked Sophie Lancaster, 20, and her boyfriend, Preston Crown Court heard.

Miss Lancaster was begging the gang to stop beating Robert Maltby, 21, when they turned on her in Stubbylee Park in Bacup, Lancashire, the jury was told.

The 15-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age, denies murder.

At an earlier hearing a 16-year-old boy, who was aged 15 at the time of the attack, admitted Miss Lancaster's murder and admitted attacking Mr Maltby.

The accused, and four other youths, two aged 17 and one 16, have already pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm to Mr Maltby.

The court heard Miss Lancaster's facial injuries were so severe, paramedics did not know what sex she was.

Tests indicated she had been kicked and stamped to death, with the pattern of some footwear still on her head.

Miss Lancaster, a gap-year student, died two weeks after the attack.

Prosecuting, Michael Shorrock QC told the court the young couple, from Bacup, were walking home from a friend's house when they "fell into conversation" with a group of teenagers.

The talk was friendly and good-natured, the court heard, but five of a group of youths "turned" on Mr Maltby.

The accused had started the violence, with a flying kick to the head of Mr Maltby, the jury was told.

The gang, "encouraging each other and laughing" punched, stamped and jumped on his head until he was unconscious, Mr Shorrock said.

As Miss Lancaster kneeled down, cradling her boyfriend's head on her lap and calling for help, the accused and the then 15-year-old youth who has already pleaded guilty to murder, turned on her.

The second boy kicked her in the head, with the accused joining in, the court heard.

Paramedics found the couple lying side by side, covered in blood and unconscious.

Mr Shorrock said the gang had turned on the young couple simply because they were Goths or "moshers" and dressed differently to them.

Mr Maltby survived the attack in August last year but has not made a full recovery. He has no memory of the incident.

Mr Shorrock said the five, none of whom can be named, were "acting like a pack of wild animals".

"The attack was totally unprovoked.

"It would appear that Mr Maltby and Miss Lancaster were singled out, not for anything they had said or done, but because they dressed differently to the defendant and his friend," he said.

The case continues.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Re: Dress Goth, Get Beat to Death by Idiots

Post by Fash »

Holy crap... that's fucking sad. They should get the same :(
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

intolerance outside of america...dear lord help us!

and that is super F'd up...not sure any punishment is suitable for these bastards.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

The UK is having serious problems with this right now. There are gangs of drunken teenagers walking around attacking random people just for the hell of it sometimes. Look up some of the stories. The saddest one I heard was about a father who was riding bikes with his daughters. They rode by some of these kids by their house and the kids were yelling curse words at them. Once they got inside, the dad went back out to tell them that that was very inappropriate and that his young daughters didn't need to be hearing that. Their response? Stomp his head until he was almost dead, leaving him alive but very brain damaged for the rest of his life.

This is the best argument I can see for why we have a legal drinking age of 21. I mean, 21 is a bit old imo, it should be 18, but fucking 15 and 16 year old kids don't need to have access to beer and liquor whenever they want. And where the fuck are their parents?!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The post above this is so fucking embarrassingly uninformed and critically retarded that I'm at a loss as to where to even begin.

Regardless, this is a very sad story, any fuckwits who think this is acceptable behavior need a bullet in their heads. Hyperbole aside, the fact they need a bullet in their head remains.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Half of your chav-infested country needs a bullet in the head.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Very sad story. Disgusting.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Nick wrote:The post above this is so fucking embarrassingly uninformed and critically retarded that I'm at a loss as to where to even begin.

Regardless, this is a very sad story, any fuckwits who think this is acceptable behavior need a bullet in their heads. Hyperbole aside, the fact they need a bullet in their head remains.
Uninformed? After reading probably 20 articles of similar things happening, as well as posts by people in the UK complaining of the same thing I would think it is definitely informed...if you live there and don't have this problem, good for you. But that doesn't mean its not happening. This isn't the first time in the past few years that this has happened, and the police there aren't doing much about it until it is too late.

Of course, here in the states we have the traditional "gangs" that are just as bad. I'm not saying its better here, but this is definitely a major problem for the British
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

The post above this is so fucking embarrassingly uninformed and critically retarded that I'm at a loss as to where to even begin.
Nick, you are a good guy, but when have you ever been at a loss to state your opinion on someone or something on this board.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:
Nick wrote:The post above this is so fucking embarrassingly uninformed and critically retarded that I'm at a loss as to where to even begin.

Uninformed? After reading probably 20 articles of similar things happening, as well as posts by people in the UK complaining of the same thing I would think it is definitely informed...
Post them.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote: Uninformed?
Yes
After reading probably 20 articles of similar things happening, as well as posts by people in the UK complaining of the same thing I would think it is definitely informed
Wow I read 20 articles on the interwebs I totally understand the issue I'm talking about 100% :roll:
...if you live there and don't have this problem, good for you. But that doesn't mean its not happening. This isn't the first time in the past few years that this has happened, and the police there aren't doing much about it until it is too late.
You're the idiot painting a picture of violent Mad Max influenced gangs attacking all those who get in their way, it's retarded. I know you're intentions are lovely and everything, but you really have no fucking clue what you're talking about (it's obvious by your comments). It's far from a "major" problem, the reason it is in the news is because its exceptional, not the norm. ok?
Masteen wrote:Half of your chav-infested country needs a bullet in the head.
Geographically, you're hundreds of miles out. Intellectually, you're thousands. Get back to me when you're country isn't the laughing stock of the entire planet.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Can't find them all, but heres some.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -20462255/

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp- ... ID=7677209

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-we ... -20513600/

Not murder but fucked up http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 837606.ece

Believe this is the same as one of the earlier ones but in more detail
http://www.truecrimeblog.co.uk/2007/04/ ... erton.html

These guys were a little older, they should have known better. I don't like the source but its a true story regardless.
http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/1383

And I'll find some more later, but right now with the sentencing of the people that killed Gary Newlove, and that goth chick getting murdered everything is pretty flooded with that.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

So intellectually superior your government had to remove your rights to defend yourselves?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

This stinks of a Jodie Foster movie.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Masteen just accept that we are the known laughingstock of the world, that we are stupid and callous and idiotic and retarded. Nevermind that the laughingstock thing is really just a thought among his friends and himself.

He is right, one cannot paint a broadbrush picture based on 20 actual stories posted. They can only do so when referencing a select group of people one hangs around with, who carry a similar thought process and belief system. Only then is generalizing an accepted form of behavior. Your not recognizing this shows why everyone in Spain thinks the US is full of Douchebags.

I do understand that a lot of people hate our President, many in our country included. How about you stop trying to lump us into some sigular group or entity. I don't blame you for everything that happens with your government.

One of the things that I like about watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics is seeing how truely unique the US is compared to every other country in the world. It is inspiring to see people Asian, African, European, Native American and Latin backgrounds all proudy representing this country. We are the worlds biggest melting pot and with that we have unique issues and problems, but it also makes us have unique strengths, so to presume you can paint us all in one stroke is kind of naive.

I do wonder if a group of kids did this to a US soldier if he would think it was sick, or if he would want to award them a medal.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

If a group of kids did this to a U.S. soldier (that was not handicapped), I would have to question what kinda of soldier he was, haha. Most of the soldiers I know could take on a group of kids pretty easily. But yes, all Americans are ignorant, selfish, fat pigs...its a known FACT.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Groups of kids + alchohol/drugs = Very bad times.

I wish to God we could eliminate you nancy fag liberals and start frying anyone that commits murder or has a history of violent crime. There is only one way to stop it and it is by eliminating people from the planet that have the tendency to do it. As the world gets further away religion, people are losing any moral compass they might have and are completely uncaring about the consequences of their actions.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I wish to God we could eliminate you nancy fag liberals and start frying anyone that commits murder or has a history of violent crime.
Why the fuck does every discussion have to turn partisan/political with you wackos?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Groups of kids + alchohol/drugs = Very bad times.

I wish to God we could eliminate you nancy fag liberals and start frying anyone that commits murder or has a history of violent crime. There is only one way to stop it and it is by eliminating people from the planet that have the tendency to do it. As the world gets further away religion, people are losing any moral compass they might have and are completely uncaring about the consequences of their actions.
1- My friends and I did drugs and drank when I was a "kid" and never did anything like that to innocent people.

2- The fact that you are blaming the problems of the world on us getting "further away religion" is one of the most backwards, absurd things I have ever seen stated here.

A world full of blindly faithful sheep allowing themselves to be controlled by a fairytale story relayed to the people by a bunch of old men that like to fuck little boys is definitely an improvement over the current situation. Just remember, if they float, it's because they are a witch.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

funk's clearly a nancy fag liberal
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Shirley
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sueven wrote:funk's clearly a nancy fag liberal
damn :(
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:

1- My friends and I did drugs and drank when I was a "kid" and never did anything like that to innocent people.

2- The fact that you are blaming the problems of the world on us getting "further away religion" is one of the most backwards, absurd things I have ever seen stated here.

A world full of blindly faithful sheep allowing themselves to be controlled by a fairytale story relayed to the people by a bunch of old men that like to fuck little boys is definitely an improvement over the current situation. Just remember, if they float, it's because they are a witch.
You do realize you damn near made a point for me without trying? Blindly faithful sheep....adhering to moral codes out of fear of eternal damnation. Where is it today? Nothign is sacred today....did you see these types of things happening 50-60 years ago? Fuck no...because shit was different then. People got into a fight, they got up, shook hands, went home. Even gangs were different 50 years ago.

The bottom line is the moral decay in this country (and others around the world) has contributed more to its downfall and sad current state than any other 50 factors you can come up with. Without fear there is no control. You idiots sit in your little dream world and think that you all should be free to do everythign and anything you please because you believe there is no God....well that is all fine and good. Lets just eliminate all fear from God and let the government do what it needs to do to keep control and clean up the mess this country is in.....it will come to that at some point.

The shit could well hit the fan soon here....$4.00 a gallon for gas is going to only further put space between the haves and have-nots....I can't even put into words the fear that should strike into you.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

What he said.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

You do realize you damn near made a point for me without trying? Blindly faithful sheep....adhering to moral codes out of fear of eternal damnation. Where is it today? Nothign is sacred today....did you see these types of things happening 50-60 years ago? Fuck no...because shit was different then. People got into a fight, they got up, shook hands, went home. Even gangs were different 50 years ago.

The bottom line is the moral decay in this country (and others around the world) has contributed more to its downfall and sad current state than any other 50 factors you can come up with. Without fear there is no control. You idiots sit in your little dream world and think that you all should be free to do everythign and anything you please because you believe there is no God....well that is all fine and good. Lets just eliminate all fear from God and let the government do what it needs to do to keep control and clean up the mess this country is in.....it will come to that at some point.

The shit could well hit the fan soon here....$4.00 a gallon for gas is going to only further put space between the haves and have-nots....I can't even put into words the fear that should strike into you.
I'm not arguing that things are different now, and things couldn't get worse.

What I am saying can be summed up in two points:

1- I don't think that the atrocious shit that happened in the name of religion to keep people subdued was any better than the situation we are in now.

2- I think that attributing the decline you are talking about solely on the decline in faith and the loss of power religion has over the people is off base and frankly, ridiculous.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Kilmoll wrote:did you see these types of things happening 50-60 years ago? Fuck no...because shit was different then. People got into a fight, they got up, shook hands, went home. Even gangs were different 50 years ago.
Weren't we hanging niggers from trees not much more than 50 years ago?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fash wrote:
Kilmoll wrote:did you see these types of things happening 50-60 years ago? Fuck no...because shit was different then. People got into a fight, they got up, shook hands, went home. Even gangs were different 50 years ago.

Not to mention burning people as witches, killing people because they didn't believe the same fairytale as us (further in the past, but point remains) - all in the name of the religion that supposedly kept us in order and protected us.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fash wrote:
Sure we were. Of course one could also argue that the moral decay that led us to even allow slavery is why the african americans were here to be abused in the fashion they were for 100 years or so.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

That's cute, but you compared now to 50 years ago.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

well...hate groups have always existed. Throughout history there have always been similar groups such as the Klan with organized violence. Those are not necessarily indicative of the culture of a country....and we definitely should not be progressing in regards to numbers of violent incidents. As I have said a billion times, there are only certain ways to "win" in certain types of encounters....and the end result would be a catastrophic loss for one side that the peopel do not have the stomach for. We have too many nacny bleeding hearts that think everyone has a good side just aching to come out....and it is just simply not the case.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Backpedal faster!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:As the world gets further away religion, people are losing any moral compass they might have and are completely uncaring about the consequences of their actions.
That's a total bullshit statement by the way.

So the only decent people are those who attend church every week? What about those priests that molest children? What the fuck was up with their moral compass?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

While I don't agree with the religious morality part of Kilmoll's argument, I do agree 100% with the death penalty. If you kill someone, you should be killed. I don't care if you are "just a kid". Now, if an 8 year old gets his hands on a gun and shoots someone, prosecute the parents or caretakers, but if a 16+, or even 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 year old kid is involved in a drunken stomping resulting in someones death, FRY THEM. Especially the ones that seem to show no remorse...I can feel more sympathy if they sincerely regret and are sorry for what they have done. Even still, if not death, at least a good 30 years in prison.

BTW, fuck religion. The only religion I can find that I have any respect for is Buddhism. But Buddhism should not even be a religion. They worship Buddha as a god, and he was against that. Regardless, its a very peaceful religion that does not push their beliefs on other people. It can stay. Actually if the world was Buddhist we would probably be living very peacefully, haha.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Do you think I believe for a second those priests fear God? If they did, they would not be raping young boys. Not once have I stated that only church going people are the only ones that are decent. Some people actually have morals without being religious...and some religious people have zero morals. There are of course exceptions to any rule.

let me ask you this....when was the last time you saw in the news that a church youth group outing stomped someone's brains into the concrete? One thing you can see from churches in general is they are families...a dad, a mom, kids. Again, there are divored people among the churches but it would be an extrmely high percentage of people that believe in the family and actually do more parenting than those whose kids end up like the clowns in the original article. And again it goes back to a moral compass provided by the church....high percentage of married parents that believe in raising their kids to have morals and respect.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

KillMoll's correct, sort of. The near complete breakdown of cohesive, interconnected communities, based on <whatever, it doesn't matter> is a major contributor to this sort of thing. I never read "It takes a village" but the concept is absolutely correct.

Think of the douchebag behind you in traffic honking, think he'd be doing that if he knew there was a good chance you'd call him on the behavior among his peers?

Or the little shit throwing rocks at cars, in the town I grew up in having someone grab his little ass and drag it to his parents house for an ass whipping wouldn't have been at all surprising. What would happen in most communities today? That person would be arrested for touching poor little Timmy, his mother would defend him, etc...
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I don't think it is a religious thing, I think it is a parent thing. The family next door to me is a perfect example. The husband is probably 5'10" and weighs 300+ lbs. His wife is tiny and quiet. He is domineering and abusive. Last night, they were arguing (again), in front of the kids. The kids were calling her names like there dad. When you hear a 8 year old scream fuck you mom, you know there is issues. They also will take their friends toys, break them and laugh. I have had several incidents where I had to have discussions with their dad about reinbursements on everything from broken windows to nerf footballs, yet 5 minutes later they are out playing again.

This guy is at least verbally abusing his wife, and I think he is doing more and now his 8 year old son is calling my daughter and leaving her messages that he wants to have sex with her. He has also choked her and it got to the point that I showed her how to really hurt the kid. This week he had grabbed her and was ready to punch her and she put a world of hurt on his boy parts.

The thing is, he does not fear his parents. They buy him everything and he does not get in troublehe tells them to fuck off and yells at them all the time with no punishment, but if he is misbehaving and I happen to walk outside he runs inside in fear. I have never hurt him, threatened to hurt him or anything, he just knows I will not put up with his shit. I bet a good number of these kids have issues at home, either a lack of punishment for bad behavior or some silly sense of entitlement.

As for the Church angle, I am sorry, but I typed in Churchgoer kills family into google and got a whole lot of stories. Walking into a building once a week does not make one a good person, nor does it help one overcome the good or bad deeds they have in their heart. I think Church is great for those that it helps, but it has little to know cause on these incidents. I would be curious how many of the kids actually attended church functions.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

This "Golden age" syndrome thing is pretty ridiculous and not founded in reality.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

wtf are you talking about retard?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Looking back to a "Golden" age that never existed with rose tinted glasses in an attempt to show that "back when everyone were god fearing folk this sure never happened" is a stupid way of looking at the world, retard.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

you are a moron
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yes Kilmoll the hillbilly ok whatever you say.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Nick wrote:Looking back to a "Golden" age that never existed with rose tinted glasses in an attempt to show that "back when everyone were god fearing folk this sure never happened" is a stupid way of looking at the world, retard.
It did exist, and "these things" didn't happen. Doesn't mean there wasn't a whole different set of problems.

The area I grew up in (in the mid '60s-'70s) was right out of Leave it to Beaver, mostly.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Also, slavery wasn't a product of any kind of moral decay, it was a leftover from the prevailing morals of the previous 3 or 4 MILLENNIA.
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

You have to remember, we had half the people in the US in the 50's (I don't know the actual figures, but roughly). As the population increases, the potential for problems increases exponentially.
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

Equation religion with morality is a dumb fucking stupid argument, Kilmoll. The religions of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism have done so much to take away life in the past few thousand years. The "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" logic of the Old Testament can be attributed to most of the violence you see in the world today.
i am a liberal.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

MooZilla wrote:Equation religion with morality is a dumb fucking stupid argument, Kilmoll. The religions of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism have done so much to take away life in the past few thousand years.
On the same note, using that argument to justify throwing the baby out with the bath water is equally stupid.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Meh, sometimes that's justified.

For instance, I don't really care how many Scout Halls NAMBLA may have built....
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.