Swashie Weapon delay vs. CAs

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Swashie Weapon delay vs. CAs

Post by Canelek »

I have seen some discussion on eq2flames, etc.. looks like people use 4.0 delay weapons for better CA usage between swings.

I thought to try and find some slow weapons, but I can't! Currently using lvl52 MC pierce weapons at 1.6 delay. Are there any non-raid gear option for me (lvl62)?

Also, is it worthwhile to go 1-hander + shield or should I save that for raid scenario?

thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Swashie Weapon delay vs. CAs

Post by Sylvos »

get 4.0 delay weapons
don't get fast shit
listen to whatever kilmoll tells you
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I know! I just can't find any 4 delay weps! :P

And Kilmoll has been a huge help!
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

At your level, don't worry about weapon speed.
Seriously... don't.
Just use the best weapon you can find.
There are very few high delay weapons at your level.
I'm still using vyemm's fang (1.6 delay, level 70) at level 80 and doing pretty fucking good dps.

When/if you get into serious raiding at level 80 then you can worry about timing your CAs and min/maxing your DPS.

At 62 just have fun and enjoy the game.
You don't need to be a min/maxer to be effective in any group.

Just pick up a couple of MC xegonite weaps.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Shield = big negatory good buddy.

The slow delay weapons are going to be tough to get until raiding and you don't really need them yet. The slow delays are only really great when you are going to be hitting 100+ haste. I love the 4.0 weapons to DW with as my double attack rate on raids is around 30% and I am almost always at 150-250 haste. That means my real delay is somewhere around or under 2.0 and I can chain off 2 CA's before my auto-attacks fire again....using Sailwind of course.

The huge upside to fast weapons as Swash is Inspiration (Inspired Daring). You want fast fast fast hits and pop off every CA you can fire off in those 13 seconds. Your best bet is to use your Ruthless Cunning to boost the speed, then En Garde to add hits that also count to get Inspiration hits.

My personal spec for tanking/grouping now is Agi 4-6-4-8-2 Str 4-4-4-8 Sta 6-4-4-8-2 That gives me 11,200 HP and some defense bonuses. For raiding I switch it up a bit and sacrifice some of the Sta line to take Traumatic Swipe and put 5 points into the Int line to gain a double up fast hitting stealth attack.

Honestly, I would not hesitate to use 2.0-2.5 weapons in your range since your haste will not max out in groups. 2.5 would probably be perfect delays as your haste would probably have you still firing attacks off on about a 2.0 delay. Just try and get 2 weapons that match speeds if possible.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I love the 4.0 weapons to DW with as my double attack rate on raids is around 30% and I am almost always at 150-250 haste. That means my real delay is somewhere around or under 2.0 and I can chain off 2 CA's before my auto-attacks fire again....
Keep in mind the 33% penalty to base weapon delay when dual weilding.
Your 4.0 delay weapon is actually 5.32 delay.
A 200 haste mod would lower lower your delay to a few points above 2.

If you use a CA at the same time an autoattack would have fired, you don't lose the autoattack. It's simply delayed for a maximum of 0.5 (base/unmodified CA cast time) seconds.

You aren't losing a significant amount of DPS by not timing your CAs but if you want to min/max, timing your CAs certainly doesn't hurt. The biggest advantage of slower delay weapons is for the min/maxer who wants the least chance to delay their autoattack hits if they mess up their CA timing.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Thanks guys!

For AA speccing, is there a penalty for respeccing? I had gotten used to spending $$$ in WoW.
en kærlighed småkager
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

got some 78 swash master in maidens last night - wts!
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano