Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: Obama WILL be the next president

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Zaelath wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Xyun wrote:Instead of a ban I'd like to see just an incredibly heavy tax put on them.
Instead of heavy taxes, I would like to see laws enforced and criminals removed permanently from our streets.
How? For what?

Are you suggesting Judge Dredd sans flying motorcycles? Or do you think selling weed with a 9 in your waist band should be a capital/life sentence?

Where exactly are you going with this idiocy? How far? Perhaps a little ethnic cleansing? Nuke a few ghettos?
How is this hard for you? If you are a violent offender, you should not be roaming our streets. If you murder someone, you are done. Eliminated permanently. One way ticket to mister crispy. Use other violent offenders for military duty or HARD labor. Our justice system currently is a joke.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:How is this hard for you? If you are a violent offender, you should not be roaming our streets. If you murder someone, you are done. Eliminated permanently. One way ticket to mister crispy. Use other violent offenders for military duty or HARD labor. Our justice system currently is a joke.
As we all know, I oppose executing criminals, but I have no issues with compulsory labor. Forcing criminals into military service is stupid, though. Conscripting people with suspect character and forcing them to do a job they do not wish to do is a recipe for disaster in this kind of situation. You can get away with felons paving roads or building furniture if they really don't want to be there, but the military? Not even as REMFs! The last thing I'd want to do is roll out with a felon on my crew. One very important key to the strength of our military is that everyone serving wants to be there doing that job (theoretically), whatever it happens to be.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

That still doesn't stop the people who haven't killed anyone before from going out and doing it for the first time, like making all guns more difficult to obtain might.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote: How is this hard for you? If you are a violent offender, you should not be roaming our streets. If you murder someone, you are done. Eliminated permanently. One way ticket to mister crispy. Use other violent offenders for military duty or HARD labor. Our justice system currently is a joke.
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I would like to see laws enforced and criminals removed permanently from our streets.
At no point in your first comment did you say "violent offenders", perhaps that would help you understand what's "hard". How about not being a complete tool and attempting to comprehend what you write rather than what you were thinking about as you wrote it.

Besides, given armed robbery with a stick is a "violent offender", you'd be going a little further than "an eye for an eye".

Oh, and the military wants criminals like the school system wants pedophiles.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xatrei wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:How is this hard for you? If you are a violent offender, you should not be roaming our streets. If you murder someone, you are done. Eliminated permanently. One way ticket to mister crispy. Use other violent offenders for military duty or HARD labor. Our justice system currently is a joke.
As we all know, I oppose executing criminals, but I have no issues with compulsory labor. Forcing criminals into military service is stupid, though. Conscripting people with suspect character and forcing them to do a job they do not wish to do is a recipe for disaster in this kind of situation. You can get away with felons paving roads or building furniture if they really don't want to be there, but the military? Not even as REMFs! The last thing I'd want to do is roll out with a felon on my crew. One very important key to the strength of our military is that everyone serving wants to be there doing that job (theoretically), whatever it happens to be.
Let me revise my statement. I do not necessarily think they should be in combat roles. The military does have people who build roads, bridges, etc. The thing is, the military would actually give those people who actually DO have a chance at making a change a much better chance at learning a trade and some discipline. The current process of "rehabilitation" is obviously not working.

Those troops could also be used to build and maintain infrastructure here, which would impact state and federal budgets AND free up prison space.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Like I said, not even REMFs (Rear Echelon MoFos, for those wondering). There's no mission in the military that's not critical (For want of a nail, you know). I wouldn't be willing to be in a position to depend on them to sweep a motor pool, much less lay the concrete for it. There's plenty of work to be found for them outside of the military in this hypothetical world we're discussing.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Anyone who thinks American Prisons teach anything other than punishment, which is already proven in most evolved nations to be the most retarded way of dealing with criminals, needs their head examined. As if in this case it wasn't already obvious.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What work would you possibly consider to be ok if noen of that would be trusted? Would you want them working on a road crew that is traveled by millions?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I'm a little late here, but I don't think we should be rewarding the men and women who defend this country with criminal co-workers. Our service men and women deserve better than that. Those people die so you can be a douche bag. Show them some respect.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

EL PASO, TEXAS – Immigration authorities have noted an increase of 30 percent over the past three years in the number of foreign-born members of the armed forces obtaining U.S. citizenship.

Figures provided to Efe by the El Paso office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or USCIS, show that in the 2006 fiscal year 91 soldiers were granted citizenship, while for the following year the number was 101 and during fiscal year 2008, which ended Sept. 30, the number rose to 129.

Monsignor Arturo Bañuelos, pastor of St. Pius X Catholic Church in mainly Hispanic central El Paso, says that the increase in citizenship applications is one more piece of proof that the United States needs its immigrants.

"Immigrants always have contributed so much to the country's economy, with their work in the fields and in construction, as well as in national defense activities, as their presence in the army is," Bañuelos told Efe.

Historically, the priest said, the chance to obtain U.S. citizenship has been a stimulus for foreigners to join the U.S. Armed Forces.

Currently, the USCIS offers accelerated citizenship and exemptions on the fee for the procedure to foreigners serving in the military.

From Sept. 1, 2001 through April 25, 2008, the USCIS granted citizenship to 37,250 members of the armed forces, the number boosted by the Bush administration's measure to accelerate the process for active-duty troops.

Under the same law, the naturalization ceremony has also been able to be held outside the United States, including in war zones like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Foreigners with Green Cards make up 4.9 percent of the country's 1.4 million military personnel.
Now's your chance Euro's!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

BUMP!

The fun starts on page 33, election results on page 34. Holy shit, get a load of Killmoll's bullshit from pages 35 onward. Goddamn, it was funny at the time but hindsight somehow makes it even funnier!

Also, in this thread I learned that Funkmaster was a raging Republican retard. Like, full on rascist and crazy! I had forgotten that! Glad to see you on the winning team now, Funk!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sad to see some people only 4 years ago who aren't around. Who ran off Sueven, Forthe, or hell even Nick?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Let's have a VV meetup before everyone else disappears.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

You know, if I get a respectable job and could afford to travel soon, I'd totally be down for a vv meet up. I was too young to drink for the eq fanfare thing when it was in Minneapolis and eq was in its prime. Fash is the only vv'er I've met irl.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I summed up my voting (Florida) as follows: I voted for the black guy, the spacemonkey, Obamacare, and abortions. I RULE!

Alan Grayson getting back into Congress makes me very happy as well.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

As a Floridian you must have just gotten home from the polls.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Key West is a pretty small town, so we didn't have that many issues. 30 mins start to finish, and my poll is the senior citizens plaza so lots of old people slowly filling in their giant ballots. My neice up in Jupiter had to wait 5 hours, though.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

The best news to come out of Florida is that master of dumbfuckery Allen West appears to be out.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

If you go look at the super-pac spending, the republicans had gobs of money shoveled at them by Wall St. among others and failed miserably at buying any race. All the top recipients lost their races.

The spend on Newt "Serial Adulterer" Gingrich is especially lol-worthy. $30-something million (not including direct donations) in support someone who's demonstrated himself repeatedly to be a terrible human being.

They spent this whole cycle courting people who wouldn't vote in any other way. If they don't start singing to a different audience their future will be the same. Demographics aren't in their favor.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

moon base gingrich only cheats on his wives because he loves women as much as he loves america. he's a patriot.