WTF Favre!?

What do you think about the sports world?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

WTF Favre!?

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I am not normally one to make excuses but I have to say there were some pretty shitty calls made last night. Most notably the interception by Al Harris in the first quarter and the Pass Interference in the 4th quarter. I'm not saying that the Packers would have won if those didn't happen but they would have looked a lot better.

I was really embarrassed for Favre last night too. It seemed that we had to go for the big play every damn play. If we would have just slowed things down and played the way we had been playing all season I think we would have done better. On an up note though, Aaron Rogers looked really good. I'm not as worried about a Favreless Packers in the future.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: WTF Favre!?

Post by Winnow »

At least Favre went out doing what he likes to do...chucking long bombs downfield, hoping someone from his team will track them down and catch them.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Favre netted me negative points yesterday :(

I cannot comment on his performance, since Time Warner is still throwing a hissy fit about adding the NFL Network.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I was actually driving back from my San Diego office during the game (which was great since I don't have the NFL network) and listening on the radio.

I didn't see the game, but it did sound like Favre was doing exactly what Winnow said... going long on almost every single pass. Was that really what went on? Did he just throw bomb after bomb hoping to make something happen?
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I can't lay all the blame on him though because he has to be getting plays from someplace. It was unbelievable how that first quarter went. I think they were trying to score fast and shock Dallas but they were totally ready for it. Favre getting hurt was the best thing that could have happened. We at least made it a game then. Dallas poured on the pressure and we couldn't keep up with it so getting hit as he throws puts it directly into the enemy hands. A pass that shouldn't have been thrown in the first place because the receiver was double covered solid.